Author Topic: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 81009 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: June 23, 2010, 07:12:33 AM »
> "The 'usual' paranormal people seem borderline, if not, completly insane. Those 2 however, you wouldn't guess that the had anything to do with paranormal stuff, and they definately seem perfectly sane."
> Continue working while saying this.

>"Huh. Must've been a shock when they pulled out all that junk, then. But it's good to hear you're meeting nice people, you know? They any good at KoF?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #961 on: June 23, 2010, 07:16:04 AM »
>"Huh. Must've been a shock when they pulled out all that junk, then. But it's good to hear you're meeting nice people, you know? They any good at KoF?"

>_

> "Who knows, I don't think I asked. Although, I wouldn't be to shocked if they were. Speaking of KoF, after we finish up these things, wanna go a round? Or is their more on the to do list?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: June 23, 2010, 07:21:48 AM »
> "Who knows, I don't think I asked. Although, I wouldn't be to shocked if they were. Speaking of KoF, after we finish up these things, wanna go a round? Or is their more on the to do list?"

>"Maybe a break wouldn't hurt, after I get this piece of crap put back together..."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #963 on: June 23, 2010, 01:54:02 PM »
> "Sounds good."
> Continue to dismantle the AC Unit.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #964 on: June 23, 2010, 03:45:54 PM »
> "Sounds good."
> Continue to dismantle the AC Unit.

>Time passes. After pulling apart the air conditioner, she has has you sort out the scrap to take to the recyclers, then get to work on rebuilding the air cycler in the air conditioner.
>As one thirty rolls around, Nitori declares it break time. The next half hour is spent with you and her trading Raging Storms, Bunker Busters, and the occasional Busta Wolf. She comes out slightly ahead in the end; she can ruin damn near anything with her Geese.
>Afterwards, you are set free for lunch, having from two o'clock til three oclock.

« Reply #965 on: June 23, 2010, 04:12:03 PM »
>Give Parsee a call

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #966 on: June 23, 2010, 04:17:37 PM »
>Give Parsee a call

>You call up Parsee. She answers after one ring. "Hey."

>_

« Reply #967 on: June 23, 2010, 04:18:38 PM »
>"Hey, there. It's my lunch break, now. Want to get together and grab something to eat?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #968 on: June 23, 2010, 04:42:12 PM »
>"Hey, there. It's my lunch break, now. Want to get together and grab something to eat?"

>"Sure, where are we going? I'll meet you there."

« Reply #969 on: June 23, 2010, 04:44:12 PM »
>Can we think of a half-decent place to eat in the general neighborhood of where we are?
>If so, suggest this to Parsee

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: June 23, 2010, 04:49:09 PM »
>Can we think of a half-decent place to eat in the general neighborhood of where we are?
>If so, suggest this to Parsee

>There's a quite a few restaurants uptown, what are you hungry for?

>_

« Reply #971 on: June 23, 2010, 04:58:21 PM »
>How about pasta?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #972 on: June 23, 2010, 05:06:33 PM »
>How about pasta?

>There is an Italian restaurant at the strip center where Parsee first noticed Nue following you, yesterday.

>_

« Reply #973 on: June 23, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »
>Suggest this place to Parsee
>"Of course, if there's anywhere nearby you'd rather eat at, that's fine with me. I'm not a picky eater."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #974 on: June 23, 2010, 05:20:07 PM »
>Suggest this place to Parsee
>"Of course, if there's anywhere nearby you'd rather eat at, that's fine with me. I'm not a picky eater."

"Naw, that's fine," says Parsee. "I'll be there in a little bit. Been walking toward the bus stop. Anything happen today?"

>_

« Reply #975 on: June 23, 2010, 05:23:36 PM »
>"Ha. Yeah, you could say that. I'll tell you all about it over lunch."

>Is there time to quickly drop into the pawn shop on the way to the restaurant and see if we might be able to find something for that gift we promised Parsee?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #976 on: June 23, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »
>"Ha. Yeah, you could say that. I'll tell you all about it over lunch."

>Is there time to quickly drop into the pawn shop on the way to the restaurant and see if we might be able to find something for that gift we promised Parsee?

>Easily. It'll take her about fifteen to twenty minutes to get here.
>"Who was that?" Nitori asks.

>_

« Reply #977 on: June 23, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
>"That was the girl I mentioned earlier who gave me the phone. I'm taking her out for lunch."
>"Anyway, I probably should dash. I promised I'd pick her up something, and I'd like to get it before she gets here."
>"See you in a bit!"
>Wave goodbye to Nitori
>Go to the pawnshop

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #978 on: June 23, 2010, 06:20:52 PM »
>"That was the girl I mentioned earlier who gave me the phone. I'm taking her out for lunch."
>"Anyway, I probably should dash. I promised I'd pick her up something, and I'd like to get it before she gets here."
>"See you in a bit!"
>Wave goodbye to Nitori
>Go to the pawnshop

>"Oh, you're telling me all about this one when you get back," Nitori says as you wave and depart.
>You head for the pawn shop. It is empty at this time of day. The owner has his feet kicked up on the counter and is reading a book. He nods toward you.
>The store contains
>Motor Scooter
>Electric Guitar
>NES
>Collapsible Baton
>Ornate Jewelry Box
>Dashboard GPS Unit
>Wedding Dress
>Digital Camera
>Riot Shield
>Porcelain Statue of Black Jesus
>French Horn
>Garden Hose
>Alarm Clock
>DVD Player
>Leather Jacket
>Swiss Army Knife
>Netbook
>Fur Hat
>Telescope
>Pocket Clay Sculpting Set
>There is also variety of large appliances and furniture, and a section full of used CDs, DVDs, and Video Games

>_

« Reply #979 on: June 23, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »
>Can we find any sort of middle-eastern themed nicknack, of reasonable quality? Something that looks like it might match the decor at Parsee's place?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #980 on: June 23, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
>Can we find any sort of middle-eastern themed nicknack, of reasonable quality? Something that looks like it might match the decor at Parsee's place?

>You look around among the furniture, and turn up a fake Persian Rug and a lamp decorated with arabesques. The former seems to be in good condition, and costs 40☼. The lamp is in excellent condition, looking practically new except for some dust, and is priced at 20☼.

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #981 on: June 23, 2010, 07:01:13 PM »
>Oh, the lamp for sure. The Persian rug, despite being more expensive, is still a fake. Even though the lamp probably wouldn't be a genuine thing either, it isn't the kind of thing one would expect to be real. Plus, it's probably of more use than a fake rug.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #982 on: June 23, 2010, 07:03:16 PM »
> How much money do we have?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: June 23, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »
>Oh, the lamp for sure. The Persian rug, despite being more expensive, is still a fake. Even though the lamp probably wouldn't be a genuine thing either, it isn't the kind of thing one would expect to be real. Plus, it's probably of more use than a fake rug.

>You obtain: Arabesque Lamp!

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #984 on: June 23, 2010, 07:12:42 PM »
> Pay for it if we haven't already.
> Head for the restaurant.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #985 on: June 23, 2010, 07:18:25 PM »
> How much money do we have?

>You presently have 514☼

> Pay for it if we haven't already.
> Head for the restaurant.

>It has been paid for.
>You head to the restaurant. It is a small place, only a dozen or so tables, and not very crowded. The lighting is comfortably dingy, while various framed pictures decorate the walls. A large Italian flag hangs over the back wall. You see no sign of Parsee.

>_

« Reply #986 on: June 23, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »
>Grab a table in the least populated / most private area of the restaurant and wait for Parsee

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #987 on: June 23, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »
>Grab a table in the least populated / most private area of the restaurant and wait for Parsee

>You find a booth in the corner and have a seat. A portly woman with light lavender hair and a white cap gives you a menu and basket of breadsticks. The menu is about what you'd expect of an Italian restaurant; there's cannellonis and ravilonis and manicottis and lasagnas and all sorts of things you haven't even heard of. Just how many ways are there to do noodles, meats, and cheese? You idly munch on the breadsticks while waiting on Parsee to show up. and find you're tearing into them; you didn't think you were that hungry.
>The forest spirit appears after a few minutes, just a light outline of herself phased mostly into the wall. You can feel a weak, distant sense of inquisitiveness from her; she doesn't seem to only want to know what you're doing, but is actively asking.
>Before you can answer, the door opens and Parsee walks in, prompting the spirit to vanish again.

>_
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:47:04 PM by Diamonds Purvis »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #988 on: June 23, 2010, 07:45:55 PM »
> Wave to Parsee
> "Heya!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #989 on: June 23, 2010, 07:51:19 PM »
> Wave to Parsee
> "Heya!"

>You wave to Parsee. She smiles, and makes her way over to the booth. "How's it going?" she asks, then glances over at the lamp beside you. "Ooh, that's nice."

>_