Author Topic: Double Spoiler English Patch Release!  (Read 24163 times)

drywall

• yare yare daze
Double Spoiler English Patch Release!
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:33:53 PM »
Grab the latest version here: http://touhou.net/patch/ds_english_patch_v101.rar
Source now available here: http://touhou.net/patch/ds_english_patch_src_v101.rar

v1.01 edit: Latest version corrects the typos pointed out so far in addition to others, and fixes some graphical issues from the in-game manual

To ensure a smooth installation, run the patch as administrator if installing under Vista/7 with UAC on, and make sure there's no Japanese or any other Unicode characters in your DS install path (see the readme for more details). Please use this thread for support issues, typos, mistakes, or any other comments. Also, I'll be releasing the source code once I'm confident I've got a "stable" release.

Thanks to Tengukami, Nazerine, Nereid, grgspunk, NeoSerela, and Aisha for their behind the scenes support.

Have fun you maniacs
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 09:51:55 PM by drywall »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Double Spoiler English Patch Release!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »
You just made my day even better. ^_^ Thanks for all your hard work.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Gpop

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:40:26 PM »
Testing ASAP WOO!

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 10:41:05 PM »
MY FUCKING GOOOOOOOD
TY TY TY TY

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:51:07 PM »
Holy fuck. Thank you, very much, sir.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 11:17:42 PM »
 ilu guys :*
Downloading now!

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:53:14 PM »
Bug report: Many of the cards show gibberish (looks like bad encoding of some sort?) for the card name on the stage select, as shown circled below.

http://i45.tinypic.com/fe135i.jpg (image redacted so I don't make people have to scroll moar just to get past a known issue)

I've only got through stage 2 unlocked so far (:ohdear:), but so far I can confirm this is the case for me on 1-3, 1-5, 1-6, 2-5, and 2-6. It looks like updating the best shot fixes it - I only had a silver on 1-4 before and got the gold post-patch, didn't have any shot done yet for 2-3 and 2-4, and these are the stages showing card names correctly. Unfortunately though I didn't find where the spell card name appears on the stage select until after redoing 1-4 (and since I had no shots for the stage 2 ones, there was no card name displayed at all on those), so I can't verify if it was in fact gibberish before updating the shot and that fixed it.

Seriously, though, aside from that relatively minor issue, seems like a great job, thanks so much. ^_^

EDIT: Yes, confirming that refreshing best shot fixes the card name - I got a new best shot in 2-6 and the card name now appears correctly on the stage select.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:21:48 AM by Arashi Kurobara »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 12:10:18 AM »
Bug report: Many of the cards show gibberish (looks like bad encoding of some sort?) for the card name on the stage select, as shown circled below.

I don't think this is just as fixable, the StB Patch has the same problem.

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 12:17:55 AM »

Yep this is a known issue, guess you didn't check the readme before installing (HOW COULD YOU). What you're seeing is the original Japanese spellcard title interpreted through an English only encoding. The problem is changing even one byte of an existing bestshot to replace the Japanese causes the shot to not show up in game, as if the file was missing. There's probably some checksum embedded in bestshot file somewhere, but I decided it wasn't worth the effort when you can fix the problem by replaying the stage.  Hell, you don't even need to beat the stage again.  You could just take a shot you like, die, then from the retry menu use left and right to pick a shot, and press S to save it as the new bestshot.

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 12:19:06 AM »
I don't think this is just as fixable, the StB Patch has the same problem.

I'm not sure i actually played much of any StB before the English patch came out, heh. I know I probably hadn't cleared much more than 1-1. :V

Well, I suppose it's worth pointing out, regardless~

And like I said, it's great anyway. ^_^

Ninja'd: Well, since it's known, I'll at least take out the picture to save some loading time/scrolling space for everyone else. :V
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:20:59 AM by Arashi Kurobara »

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 06:22:16 AM »
Yay~

Thanks for the hard work, everyone~

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 06:25:36 AM »
Great work.  :3

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 07:01:38 AM »
Dude. Did you not get my PM asking you to tell me when you were going to release this thing so that I could simultaneously post a review?

Anyway, here's the review. Thanks again for letting me test this out. I adore Aya quotes, so clearing a spell card is even more rewarding now that I can read them on the game itself. Great work!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 07:04:29 AM »
Im not sure if this was intentional but,

on 11-8:

"Mishiguji-sama was a harvest hod as well as a god of curses..."

Is it supposed to be "a harvest god"?

ark

• みょん
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 07:55:27 AM »
yep

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 09:08:37 AM »
Sweet. Good job as always guys.

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 12:38:25 PM »
"Mishiguji-sama was a harvest hod as well as a god of curses..."
Is it supposed to be "a harvest god"?

Fixed, thank you.

Dude. Did you not get my PM asking you to tell me when you were going to release this thing so that I could simultaneously post a review?

Sorry, I didn't realize you wanted to sync up to that degree. I just pictured you sitting in Touhou Projects mashing F5 for hours on end waiting for this thread to appear, my bad.

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 12:57:42 PM »
Great work everyone! Thanks a bunch! Now I have much more incentive to beat scenes  :3

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Double Spoiler
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »
I think you should leave it as 'harvest hod'. Sounds ominous.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »
Ooh nice. I was looking forward to this. I should go finish Hatate's stuff then.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 06:48:32 PM »
I can't read the spell card commentary :<

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 05:26:52 AM »
I think you should leave it as 'harvest hod'. Sounds ominous.

Hodr got blamed for shoorting up Baldr despite being blind. How ominous can he be?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 03:14:44 PM »
Ahahaha, Hatate's comments were worth avoiding the wiki for months. Thanks again~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 08:18:30 PM »
Nice. Why don't you guys get this on the frontpage of gensokyo.org?

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 08:19:10 PM »
Ah, found a typo in Hatate's 4-2 comment
"It looks like she can't deal with with Aya, but I wonder why..."

Hakkai

• Celestial
    • Touhou.net
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 08:29:39 AM »
A new version has been released by drywall, the old link will now automatically redirect you to the new version or you can directly grab it here:
http://touhou.net/patch/ds_english_patch_v101.rar

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 09:52:35 PM »
bump for source code upload