Author Topic: [Music] Acoustic Touhou Arrangments Update: Apparitions and Night Sakura  (Read 28675 times)

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Tell him I want his babbies.

What and not mine ;O;? Knew I shouldn't have done those solos back to back with him >=o showin me up...

It was a lot of fun!  Flamezero is a great guy to collab with~

I mean, you to amigo~ =p

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Re: [Music] Acoustic Touhou Arrangments Update: Witch's Ball ~ Magus
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »
Some Witch's Ball with a bit of the EoSD stage 5 theme at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcdTDOLmmNo

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2011, 09:44:48 PM »
Hey flamezero, want to jam and/or collab on something? I am no longer working on weekends :V yay.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 09:23:57 PM »
Hey flamezero, want to jam and/or collab on something? I am no longer working on weekends :V yay.

Sure amigo, was a bit fan of that doom metal contest entrance you put in.  Have anything in mind?

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2011, 02:29:28 AM »
I dunno, something rockin' with a couple acoustic breaks and some solos? There are so many songs to pick from, but I've been wanting to do an arrange of Last Remote.
My setup sounds a little better now too, new guitar, new drum vst and better bass sound (still don't own an actual bass guitar though   :D shame!)

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2011, 03:21:46 AM »
Hmmmm, well I actually haven't been able to record any acoustic stuff in a while for lack of a mic,  but Sure Last Remote sounds great~ Let's see then, what genre of rock would ya like, and would you rather do rhythm or lead guitar? I'll get crackin on some samples.

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2011, 05:08:24 AM »
Aw that's a shame, any chance you could record some acoustic later? Your acoustic stuff is definitely awesome :) I've yet to get really into acoustic.

I think I can crank out basic arrangement + rhythm gtr + drums + bass pretty quick.

Not sure on style, I'll have to think about it. Don't want to sound too much like the crow'sclaw arrangement, even if it is awesome. Maybe we can swap some ideas and go from there.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2011, 05:20:06 AM »
Yeah, I may be able to get some acoustic stuff somewhere down the line, just dunno when xD  And thankya, glad ya like it =p

Alright brah, sounds like a plan. I should have some ideas recorded tomorrow, but lemme know if ya come up with anything in the meantime.  By the way, what kind of guitar did you get?

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2011, 05:51:41 AM »
Cool cool, I will try to get some stuff together during the week.

I got this beast:
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/h-1007.html
Love it, sounds super good. Heavy though
:P

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »
Yeah man, but it's pretty sexy =p Have an ESP myself, LTD MH series~ Anywho, check this out when ya get the chance, it starts at :04

I'm crashin, Later

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2011, 04:38:58 PM »
Yeah man, but it's pretty sexy =p Have an ESP myself, LTD MH series~ Anywho, check this out when ya get the chance, it starts at :04

I'm crashin, Later
Nicely done! Time to give my feedback...
There's quite a bit of clipping when looking at the waveforms with Audacity. This can be heard as a bit of noise on certain parts, especially in the guitar attack. I'd reduce the amp gain and maybe distortion levels as well, and then normalize it with a wave editor (Audacity being a good example).
I'd also suggest amplifying the bass a little more to better balance the EQ frequencies.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2011, 03:46:54 AM »

I'm crashin, Later

Awesome, this definitely gives me some ideas!
Nothing to share juuust yet, weekdays and all. :)

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2011, 06:21:11 PM »
Awesome, this definitely gives me some ideas!
Nothing to share juuust yet, weekdays and all. :)

Take your time amigo, no rush.

Nicely done! Time to give my feedback...
There's quite a bit of clipping when looking at the waveforms with Audacity. This can be heard as a bit of noise on certain parts, especially in the guitar attack. I'd reduce the amp gain and maybe distortion levels as well, and then normalize it with a wave editor (Audacity being a good example).
I'd also suggest amplifying the bass a little more to better balance the EQ frequencies.

Amp up the bass, drag down the distortion, and normalize? Got it amigo. I was thinking of trying to model my amp to something similar to that Demetori/ UI-70 album The View of Spiral Riverside. So this may be a good excuse, we'l see~

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2011, 06:26:56 PM »
Amp up the bass, drag down the distortion, and normalize? Got it amigo. I was thinking of trying to model my amp to something similar to that Demetori/ UI-70 album The View of Spiral Riverside. So this may be a good excuse, we'l see~
Yeah. Just not too much with the bass parts - I liked the original tone, but too much bass will change it.

As for the amp modelling, that'd be nice to hear!
...though I'm not entirely sure with amps, personally. Though I compose with electric guitar parts very often, I don't actually play guitar, so I use sample-based software synthesizers and Logic's comprehensive Amp Simulation insert (along with Distortion and Overdrive) when working with them most of the time. Of course, it doesn't sound too good but it does the job reasonably well unlike 90% of violin synths :V.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2011, 05:14:52 AM »
Sup! Hows this sound?

www.echelon5.net/max/remote_1_leads.mp3

I took your sample and highpassed it to just get the lead guitar. So yeah it sounds kinda gross, bpm desyncs, sorry hehe. They should also be mixed in louder too.
And I just got to that transition part at the end, definitely want to do that differently, though I like the drum fills :D

Here is version without leads:
www.echelon5.net/max/remote_1.mp3

I'm thinking for general arrangement sticking more or less to the original, IE
intro -> transition thing -> (0:49) first melodic theme  -> back into intro riff but with a variation? (1:34)
then maybe not sticking to the original necessarily past that?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:20:24 AM by afterthought »

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
Awesome brah, sounds real Amon Amarthy.  And that fomat sounds good, but yup, i'm sure we can overhaul that last transition part. Look forward to hearin what ya come up with next.

I'll mess around some more over this week, but lemme know if ya get any more ideas~

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2011, 11:46:21 PM »
Haha, you're right, sounds super Amon Amarth. Didn't occur to me last night, srs  :V
Anyway, will record some more today!

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2011, 04:11:44 AM »
Added a little variation on the end of the rhythm part and took a stab at the transition into the melody - hows it sound?

http://www.echelon5.net/max/remote_2_leads.mp3

edit: should also probably PM small updates huh? don't want to clog up your thread :P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:13:42 AM by afterthought »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2011, 04:25:23 AM »
Added a little variation on the end of the rhythm part and took a stab at the transition into the melody - hows it sound?

http://www.echelon5.net/max/remote_2_leads.mp3

edit: should also probably PM small updates huh? don't want to clog up your thread :P
It's recorded beyond peak levels, leading to extra unneeded distortion. Reduce your amp gain and normalize the output after recording.
I also don't like the drumset, and feel it needs more reverb.

Also needs mixing....
Bad command or file name

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2011, 04:43:30 AM »
Hehe sorry, I hope I'm not hurting anyone's ears. Believe it or not, the guitars are all coming in at like -6 db even post-distortion (so the distortion that's there is all intentional), the problem is everything in the mix is cranked and there's just a measly compressor sitting on top to make it clip slightly less. I see the waveform when I'm rendering, it's a rectangle :P
I definitely want to mix it better, and tinker with the drum sounds, but first things first...

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Re: [Music] Acoustic Touhou Arrangments Update: Apparitions and Night Sakura
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2012, 06:06:25 PM »
Howdy ya'll, been a while huh, remember me? Well either way, here's a new acoustic arrangement to enjoy. First half is Apparitions Stalk the Night, and the second half is Night Sakura of Dead Spirits. Enjoy guys and gals, catch ya later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL9RFOzHzKg&list=UUPbf4pDK2ot0TH-KmvPwQBA&index=1