Author Topic: A new project in the works.  (Read 3894 times)

A new project in the works.
« on: March 24, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »
So lately I've been working on a new danmakufu project, to kinda replace the old one I lost interest in, I wanted to keep the same concept but make the scope a little less large to make room for more material to come ((the other project didn't leave much room for continuity, unless I decided to retcon everything)) so I decided to lessen the scope a bit with this one, to go with one large focused environment at a time, this time with a forest, of course I have alot of levels planned that dont involve nothing but trees trees and more trees of course...

At any rate, this time the game happens in a forest that's been slowly devouring the world of _________________ quickly growing and covering villages, long stretches of fields, even mountain-regions, where plants couldn't grow, plant life quickly takes over, and to make things even more concerning is that humans begin to shift into half human half woodland creatures as they stay in the forest, the strange effect seems to come from the very center of the massive woodlands, and the protagonists have to risk their own humanity to get all the way there, touhou game shenanigans happen.

I'll start by posting art to give an idea who the characters are, two males, two females, I'm a terrible writer so they aren't fleshed out, they dont even have names yet.

CHARACTERS:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A balanced and typical male character, I wanted to avoid alot of the stereotypes that come with this kind of character, I want him to be more than just the stuborn protagonists who always does whats right and makes friendship speaches, I decided to make him somewhat reserved and I tried to make his design original without making it too colorful or crazy, he's the plain character.

Ends up turning into either a wolf half-beast or bear half-beast depending on shot type.

I wanted a very touhou-esque character as playable, so as the first of the two female playables I gave her a heavy touhou influence...And aparently succeeded because now I cant stop seeing her as an Alice clone, I was also told she had a gloomy design so I wanted to counter that by giving her a bright personality, shes also pretty cunning and curious.

Ends up turning into either a fox half-beast or raccoon half-beast depending on shot type.

The second male playable, I decided to take some liberties, by giving him a more unusual design for holding back on the other male lead, playing the role of the white magician, kindof a reimu character, Assumes his powers would give him an immunity to the transformation curse, but it doesnt work~ a pretty passive character...usualy, he has to fight bosses after all.

Ends up turning into either a deer half-beast or a rat half-beast depending on shot type.

The fourth playable will be a wriggle looking character, because Wriggle is cool, and I would like to get my own take at doing her kind of design, I want to take care with her design so I haven't drawn her yet

Ends up turning into either a moth half-beast or hornet half-beast

Oh and here's a boss to finish off, a stage 2 boss, and the first anthro in the game, and where the playable chars realize theres something incredibly wrong, after realising that the creature theyre fighting used to be human.

GAMEPLAY PICTURES:
I don't have alot, but that's cuz alot of the graphics are temporary/unfinished, for example the game won't actualy be called Lycanthrope Signature, so the frame is gonna be replaced, but here's some visual proof of there being an actual game going on. XD

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:42:37 AM by WriggleNightbug »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: A new project in the works.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:51 AM »
More anthros!

I must say, you do a very good job with the characters.

And I want your shot replace data.

EDIT: World of ______? Quite mysterious. Keep the name.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 12:54:30 AM »
More anthros!

Im still in the progress of drawing them ^^ I have 5 graphics in roughly 8 colors each, the bubbles look beautiful but their hitboxes are still a mess, so Il still need to iron out the shot sheet, making stages and spellcards is hard without all the bullets, so finishing the shotsheet is one of my next goals XD

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 05:12:33 AM »
I can't say much about the little bit of danmaku you've shown, but I can at least say that your art skills are amazing. If the danmaku is as pretty as the art, then this is a winner.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 05:21:01 AM »
ooo artistic skills I wish I had.  And neato background making too.  I can't wait to play this.  If the danmaku looks this good, yea verily.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 06:20:21 AM »
Mr. Second Male Playable is criminally sexy. Eagerly awaiting more.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 06:41:04 AM »
More anthros!

Im still in the progress of drawing them ^^ I have 5 graphics in roughly 8 colors each, the bubbles look beautiful but their hitboxes are still a mess, so Il still need to iron out the shot sheet, making stages and spellcards is hard without all the bullets, so finishing the shotsheet is one of my next goals XD

I can't say much about the little bit of danmaku you've shown, but I can at least say that your art skills are amazing. If the danmaku is as pretty as the art, then this is a winner.

I'll try ^^ Iv'e played alot of danmaku before and Ive kept an eye out for what looked pretty, and whats a good difficulty for what, and I know how to use danmakufu pretty well I think XD, I really should start making spellcards though.

ooo artistic skills I wish I had.  And neato background making too.  I can't wait to play this.  If the danmaku looks this good, yea verily.

I like it when people point out the visual prettyness, it really is one of the things that take me the most time XD
Mr. Second Male Playable is criminally sexy. Eagerly awaiting more.

Cool XD I didnt know how well the touhou community would respond to there having so many male characters in the first place, as a fun fact though he's the first character I drew a cutin for in this project ^^
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:59:39 AM by WriggleNightbug »