~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments

Development of a dammaku game that can rival Touhou

<< < (2/8) > >>

Ctrekoz:
Thank you for the answers. Of course your point is totally fair.

All I can show right now except writing is this:

--- Quote ---To remain interested, look at this (you can zoom art to see every detail, just wait for its full loading):
- Sketch of the 1st boss, kijimùna Shaggygа̀icho (wings will be removed);
- Almost final art of the 2nd boss, mermaid Lady Yvѐtta Mizushì (will be number of changes, most importantly more lush tail) and her planned musical theme which will be renamed to "Surpassing Elegance ~ Splatter Dance". Currently I do not have rights on this song, but I plan to discuss it with the composer.
--- End quote ---
Aslo, you can see design references and listen to musical inspirations at links to a corresponding Concepts (references are in "Pictures" folder, music is in the end of the text Concepts themselves, in "Inspiration" category). I agree that this is "hidden" stuff, but it is bad to look at this things out of context. Or maybe I should put design references and inspirational music at separate hyperlinks to be more visible?

I have to pay a lot of money to have more music and art which I can't do exactly right now (in foreseeable future I want to comission final versions of full height art of Yuriko and Saiko), and as for programming, I can't do it myself in any rate, even roughly. I've spend 11 productive months (i.e. counting each day of a good work) already for writing, design, translation, seeking team, other stuff, and even then it is not 100% done, and I still have a lot to do even in the field in which I have skill. I think you can imagine how much time and energy I need to spend to learn programming from scratch, granted that I have a lot of other concerns, my health is not good and you cannot always have unlimited spare time - I think it is a lot better to finally find a job instead and use my money for better living as well as to spend them on this project. My hope right now is to find enthusiatic people who can do even rough programming, and maybe we can work something out and then gather more people with it. As said in documents, there is no any pressure or deadlines.

--- Quote ---...and I would try to keep the last 15% in this level of detais/ describment
--- End quote ---
Oh, I didn't understood that part.

theSlug:

--- Quote from: Ctrekoz on August 03, 2019, 06:04:50 PM ---Oh, I didn't understood that part.

--- End quote ---

I meant your text is fine and you should continue like that

Ctrekoz:
Ah, I understand now. Well, that is why it is not fully done yet :). Anyway, for example, first 4th and both 5th levels are almost fully fledged-out, including bosses, music design, dialogues and such, shape of extra boss (including name, bio, abilities, place in the whole story, design and etc.) and second version of 4th level is definetily set, but I need to expand some things, same for endings and 2nd playable character story. Oh, believe me, the second final boss is something damn incredible and, spoiler, dark, this is one of the most favorite characters of mine alongside Lady Yvetta and Saiko. Others are nice too of course, but who you will like more depends on your taste. Well, first 3 levels and lore documents are done fully, while the rest of the writing is almost done.

Ctrekoz:
By the way, here is some interesting answers on some questions about lore and characters: https://www.reddit.com/r/touhou/comments/cgplto/development_of_a_dammaku_game_that_can_rival/eula3gn/

starks:

--- Quote ---Also, kinda offtopic question: why there is so many eastern Touhou fangames, so much effort put in something like FDF, Gensou Shoujo Taisen, Labyrinth of Touhou, Touhou Puppet Dance Perfomance, Koumajou Densetsu, and etc.? Is this impossible in western community? Don't consider this as blaming, I'm just really curious - so many teams and quality Touhou games from eastern developers, but I can't come up with much examples from western side.
--- End quote ---

This is bullshit. A good chunk of the great fangames or trials over the past year have been western. Just to name a select few...

Analogue Reverie: Dream Logical World
Team Dreamcatcher: Servants of Harvest Wish
Team Urban Mimzie: Sapphire Panlogism
Τeam αlternative Σnding: Glory of Deep Skies, Unification of the Artful Rain
Ephemeral Entertainment: Ephemeral Unnatural Balance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version