Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 112247 times)

W

• Heat Joker
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 3]
« Reply #990 on: July 20, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »
Seriously Mala? You went ahead and voted Moonin over the person you counter-claimed?

Anyway, I think Xix is the last scum. Depore is secondary choice. Moonin is still town. I'll need time to read Yuan/Iffrita/? interactions first, so don't you derps dare quickhammer.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #991 on: July 20, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
Votecount of Something Relevant To Situation Here Lol

Xix (2): One, Moonin
Moonin (1): Xix

Not Voting: Miya, Depore, Mala, Caladbolg

With 7 alive, you require 4 to lynch.
There are about 23 hours until Night 3.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #992 on: July 20, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »
Stuff like this makes me think Moonin is town. There's also a lot of defense of Xix in the early game. I'm not sure how I missed this before. I'm still wary about Depore, because he seems to occupy that cherished Neutral spot in Yuan's reads, but I don't know if it's as bad as her proxy defense of Xix. IIRC, Iffrita was also semi-defending Xix by attacking the people on his wagon by the end of the day.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #993 on: July 20, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
I'm just going to stand by that Yuan is known as bussing scum.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #994 on: July 20, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Okay Xix. In the case that Moonin dies and flips town, who would you pursue afterwards?

Not currently game related:

Also Mala, I just realized that two people seemingly claimed jailer powers on D2 (Iffrita and Yuan) and you didn't say anything at the time?  :V

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #995 on: July 20, 2011, 09:00:27 PM »
Although actually I just realized that if Iffrita's JoaT fakeclaim contained her buddy's jailer, it might not be too much of a stretch that she would include her buddy's neighborizer power as well (because it's an anonymous neighborizer).

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #996 on: July 20, 2011, 09:01:01 PM »
EBWOP: Although in that case I'm not sure what the hell she was trying to get out of her fakeclaim.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #997 on: July 20, 2011, 09:06:23 PM »
At the time I believed that Yuan was going to claim being a rolecop and so I wanted to wait and see what Yuan would do. I didn't expect to be killed that night.
##FoS Moonin
I will reread the game in a couple of hours. Suspicions of Mikhael dropped with Yuan's scumflip.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #998 on: July 20, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »
My switch between Yuan and Moonin: I wanted both of them dead and it is true that I had to organize my thoughts some more in regards to Yuan. In hindsight though it is my bad.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #999 on: July 20, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »
Oh hi.

##FoS: Xix instead of a vote because I'm going to be going back out very soon and I would rather not have any accidental hammers regardless of their likelihood.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #1000 on: July 20, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
Ok so

##FOS: Xix, will probably vote near deadline

Both Xix and Yuan have placed pressure on Moonin at various points of the game.  Iffrita spent the whole game making connections with him and the way scum played it out looks almost like they were setting him up for a mislynch.

However I have not gone over Depore extensively but I shall now.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #1001 on: July 20, 2011, 11:40:37 PM »
Depore Yuan interactions day 1 start about here
Yuan's response feels more like setup and lynch the weaker player because of a silly mistake than bussing.  I don't think scum would be ballsy enough to super bus each other that much, that early in the game since she keeps going on here and here, especially when it was a bad case since it appeared to be more newbie mistake than scummy intent as she was trying to rectify.
Then the point that it could be a deflection of One.  Since I'm writing One off as town at this jecture, I really think this was scum trying to mislynch and not bus.
Empress Iffrita comes in brandishing support for her scum buddy only to further my read as Depore town and pushes this and her scum read on Depore for the rest of her time alive.  Then Yadda yadda yadda, she pushes Depore onto others. 
Really wants this baby to go through
Just the fact that both scum were pushing for a Depore lynch from DAY ONE when optimal play is to mislynch a townie makes me think, yeah she is town.
I would think the scum team would say something to her as to not draw attention to herself as she has done as shown in this post

More indepth Xix:
Empress still defends here as she would prefer her mislynches over her partner. 
Remember how she dropped her stronger case on Xix for a weaker Depore one?
This now looks a helluva lot worse considering her flip, just more defense towards her partner in an indirect way, since she was much more blatant in her defense of One.

This was mostly day 1 stuff, stay tuned for part day 2!

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #1002 on: July 21, 2011, 02:16:13 AM »
Yeah, so, I'm basically set on Xix at this point. I think One, Miya and Moonin are all impossibilities based on rolestuffs confirmed by other players. If it's not Xix then it's Mikhail.

Mala, would you be especially irked by a Xix lynch, given you'll be silenced the instant it comes to be? If not I'll throw a vote down and be done with it.

Also, in sitting here without much to discuss and wondering what to do, I remembered this and not fully addressing it here due to still being half-asleep and getting ready for work! Don't forget that there was also this aspect to my vote. The original vote post doesn't look like much, but I didn't want to mention the roleblocking stuffs and most of the good points were taken, so that vote post was me finding what little extra I could.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #1003 on: July 21, 2011, 02:35:09 AM »
You guys seem pretty damn adamant on lynching me at this point, so why the hell are we stalling? Nobody is talking about anything, and there's pretty much no way for me to change your mind. Get on to it!

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #1004 on: July 21, 2011, 02:57:50 AM »
Is that right?  You have nothing to say in your defense?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #1005 on: July 21, 2011, 03:00:23 AM »
You guys are going to lynch me because Iffrita "defended" me and Yuan's claim along with mine. What do you expect me to do?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #1006 on: July 21, 2011, 03:14:57 AM »
Xix: You could start by giving your reads, like you haven't really been doing since D1.

Pretty much agree that Depore is unlikely to be scum because it would require a hard bus, but a hard bus is not as unlikely as it seems, due to what we know of Yuan/Iffrita interactions. Also I'm paranoid because I know NeoDepore to be a skilled player as scum. :V In any case, it's not relevant if Xix is scum. Still, I'd like a few more hours to get a Depore reread in and post my opinions, then we can hammer or whatever.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #1007 on: July 21, 2011, 03:19:15 AM »
Hey man, this is my first game ever.

Ttlly srs. (?・ω・`)

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #1008 on: July 21, 2011, 03:23:23 AM »
What's left to do? Everyone besides Mala FoSed or Voted Xix, All ties from the flipped scum lead to Xix being the last scum buddy while everyone else except maybe Mikhail is town.

Well, I'm not trying to rush people, but I need something to post anyway.
My read of Depore town has remained unchanged from my last posts. So has my reads between Xix and Mikhail, with Xix being more likely scum than Mikhail.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #1009 on: July 21, 2011, 03:27:37 AM »
You know where I stand, Mikhail and Moonin.

That said, if we're going to stall, I still want Mikhail's full claim ASAP, before someone else dies, and Moonin's.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1010 on: July 21, 2011, 03:34:27 AM »
Votecount of Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!!!!!!!!!!!

Xix (2): One, Moonin
Moonin (1): Xix

Not Voting: Miya, Depore, Mala, Caladbolg

With 7 alive, you require 4 to lynch.
There are about 12 hours until Night 3.
Because, y'know, you don't need this much time to discuss, right?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #1011 on: July 21, 2011, 03:51:14 AM »
My apologies for the late response, I did not expect it to be so hard to stop divining once I had started.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #1012 on: July 21, 2011, 04:04:59 AM »
We lost 5 hours on the clock why again? :ohdear:

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #1013 on: July 21, 2011, 04:06:04 AM »
@Xix: #969 "@Xix: You've fullclaimed so allow me to ask you about your earlier crumbs. Do you really want Nex dead?" This is a question that I am still curious about. Your attempts to fish for roles when dying has been noted.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #1014 on: July 21, 2011, 04:07:21 AM »
I will support a Xix lynch today. If Xix is not scum, then I believe that either Depore or Moonin are likely to be scum.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #1015 on: July 21, 2011, 04:09:30 AM »
You have more things you want to grace us with Mala?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #1016 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:36 AM »
I am currently trying to organize my thoughts. Divination takes a rather large toll on both the body and mind.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #1017 on: July 21, 2011, 04:11:10 AM »
Wtf are you talking about, Nex isn't a player. Read Cavalier of the Abyss.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #1018 on: July 21, 2011, 04:13:20 AM »
So does this mean that you are not after Nex? I know almost nothing of the flavor, I would like an explicit answer.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #1019 on: July 21, 2011, 04:17:57 AM »
One word: Roleplaying.