Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 112241 times)

Sasword

• Sasword
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 3]
« Reply #900 on: July 20, 2011, 02:38:37 AM »
Indeed, my ability is passive. It only roleblocks during the night. I got a message on D2 stating that my ability was not activated, and D3 I got a message saying I tried to roleblock someone but got roleblocked first.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #901 on: July 20, 2011, 02:44:06 AM »
Tucking in a Read on Mikhail before bed, so that I wouldn't otherwise have to notify the mods that I'm sleepy.

His logic is internally consistent. That's all there really is to say on the matter. My Read of Mikhail is, at this point, entirely dependent on whether Xix flips Scum or town. Xix has shot ahead in terms of most scummy with Miya's Recent Revelations, so I'm leaning Town for Mikhail.

so far, this makes it Xix < Yuan = One < Mikhail < Depore.
Bleh, I feel like I wasted the entire day.

Does anyone else think like this is Moonin setting up lynches?

Oh, my read on Mikhail depends on Xix! So, if Xix is scum, Mikhail is town~! (Implying that if Xix is town, Mikhail is scum).

Setting up lynches in a row like that is scummy, btw. (For those of you whose first game it is)

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #902 on: July 20, 2011, 02:47:04 AM »
At least Mikhail has had the decency to make rereading him easier by removing himself from the game for an entire day and not posting much when actually around. ヽ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

The word I'd use when reading over Mikhail's entire posting history is "uninspiring". There isn't a lot of anything in it, really. There's some content, but the content-per-living-day ratio is pretty unimpressive. I'm also noticing that, while he had been gung-ho on Xix on Day 1, he's held back on Xix today, despite Xix being his top read for a while and often being close behind Orwen (I presume the Depore suspicions have vanished along with Oldepore since he hasn't mentioned me since). He didn't even mention Xix in his opening post beyond naming him the list of obvious choices - I'd think someone that had been unable to post for almost an entire game day would have had something, anything to say about their top read at their first opportunity to post again.

It's also pretty convenient that he's suspicious of all three of the easy choices despite not having reread two of them. That line about Moonin just screams filler, too. What on earth does "Moonin, is just a natural target for today." mean? He's suspcious because he's an easy target?

Yeah, not liking this a lot.

Cut by Yuan criticizing Moonin for lining up lynches...while apparently trying to line up Xix and Mikhail lynches herself? Uh. You wanna explain yourself on that one?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #903 on: July 20, 2011, 02:47:33 AM »
Speaking of which, Moonin, die. Confirmed role =/= Town role. You've been PRETTY DAMN LACKLUSTER in explaining why your scumreads are your scumreads. You only explain town reads, and that doesn't help, it just looks more like fluff. In addition, CONFIRMED TOWNIE MALA had THIS CASE on you, and you just went and ignored it completely. YOU'VE HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO ANSWER. Die scum, you don't belong in this world!

##Unvote
##Vote: Moonin

Grrr two cuts.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #904 on: July 20, 2011, 02:49:01 AM »
Also, One: I get the feeling that your vote for me is entirely based upon my voting for you.

I've had you as a scum read all game, and recently have weeded off of you.

When I heard that Miya had a result that was "confirming" you as scum, I was ready to roll. I always will follow the town tracker/watcher until they are wrong.

Your claim and target, being confirmed by Miya, makes you town again in my eyes, and so I unvoted.

Please stop tunneling on town, and look outside your blind voting. 

What's your read on Moonin?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #905 on: July 20, 2011, 02:49:40 AM »
At least Mikhail has had the decency to make rereading him easier by removing himself from the game for an entire day and not posting much when actually around. ヽ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

The word I'd use when reading over Mikhail's entire posting history is "uninspiring". There isn't a lot of anything in it, really. There's some content, but the content-per-living-day ratio is pretty unimpressive. I'm also noticing that, while he had been gung-ho on Xix on Day 1, he's held back on Xix today, despite Xix being his top read for a while and often being close behind Orwen (I presume the Depore suspicions have vanished along with Oldepore since he hasn't mentioned me since). He didn't even mention Xix in his opening post beyond naming him the list of obvious choices - I'd think someone that had been unable to post for almost an entire game day would have had something, anything to say about their top read at their first opportunity to post again.

It's also pretty convenient that he's suspicious of all three of the easy choices despite not having reread two of them. That line about Moonin just screams filler, too. What on earth does "Moonin, is just a natural target for today." mean? He's suspcious because he's an easy target?

Yeah, not liking this a lot.

Cut by Yuan criticizing Moonin for lining up lynches...while apparently trying to line up Xix and Mikhail lynches herself? Uh. You wanna explain yourself on that one?

When did I try to line up Xix/Mikhail lynches myself? I was explaining what Moonin was doing in HIS post. Derp.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #906 on: July 20, 2011, 02:50:31 AM »
Oh, I see what you're seeing Depore. There should be "" marks around the second line. It was me paraphrasing what was going on in his post.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #907 on: July 20, 2011, 02:52:43 AM »
@Yuan: Oh. That makes a lot more sense. I thought those were your opinions when I read that, sorry. ヽ(?ー`)ノ

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #908 on: July 20, 2011, 02:53:10 AM »
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Since we're here though, what do you think of me and Mikhail?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #909 on: July 20, 2011, 02:57:35 AM »
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Since we're here though, what do you think of me and Mikhail?

I think that's your likely town. I suspected you going into last night, but my RB on you + a kill happening last night makes me think better of you.

Plus, I get a good town vibe from you today.

My only worry with YOU is that you might turn into an ITP tonight, which would be BAD.

Mikhail has got me PARANOID.

I mean, reviving UK is a town thing to do.

But I mean, scum could easily have that power to look protown. And why did he use it so EARLY in the game? If it was only 1 shot, why wouldn't you wait until LATER in the game to use it, when more people are dead, and they have greater insight to offer?

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #910 on: July 20, 2011, 03:02:31 AM »
Votecount of Pink Text Withdrawl -_-

Xix (1): Depore
Yuan (1):One
Moonin (2): Yuan, Xix

One (0): Yuan
Mikhail (0): Xix

Not Voting: Mikhail, Miya, Caladbolg, Moonin

With 8 alive, you require 5 to lynch.
There are 41 hours until Night 3.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #911 on: July 20, 2011, 03:39:51 AM »
Also, One: I get the feeling that your vote for me is entirely based upon my voting for you.

I've had you as a scum read all game, and recently have weeded off of you.

When I heard that Miya had a result that was "confirming" you as scum, I was ready to roll. I always will follow the town tracker/watcher until they are wrong.

Your claim and target, being confirmed by Miya, makes you town again in my eyes, and so I unvoted.

Please stop tunneling on town, and look outside your blind voting. 

What's your read on Moonin?

@Yuan: Why do I get the feeling that while your giving me good advice, I still find you to be kind of controlling my actions to base around your logic?

As for your question.

@Moonin: I personally think should be leaning towards town, his actions of truthful claim, (which is still an assumption due to anon). But is still on a track to scummy.
Tucking in a Read on Mikhail before bed, so that I wouldn't otherwise have to notify the mods that I'm sleepy.

His logic is internally consistent. That's all there really is to say on the matter. My Read of Mikhail is, at this point, entirely dependent on whether Xix flips Scum or town. Xix has shot ahead in terms of most scummy with Miya's Recent Revelations, so I'm leaning Town for Mikhail.

so far, this makes it Xix < Yuan = One < Mikhail < Depore.
Bleh, I feel like I wasted the entire day.

For the fact of Yuan supposely being Equal to Me is a bit of surprise to me it does not make sense.
As for the "Xix has shot ahead in terms of most scummy".
I do not see his conviction that Xix is likely scum, after all he did not vote for who he believes to be "scummiest" now.
Why would that be I do not know, but from what I've learned so far in playing Mafia, to not vote for who you believe to be scummiest is strange and extremely questionable.

So I ask of Thee, why did you not vote for Xix, when you believe he is currently the scummiest?
If you believe Mikhail's logic is internally consistent, its even more reason for you to show your belief in that Xix is scum.
Also, you keep saying your read of XX depends XX flips town or scum.
If your so willing for a flip, why did you not add your vote to the list?

At the moment I will not change my vote to attack you, since it will leave you at L-2, We have quite a bit of time left, and we need all the time we can get with the deadline getting pushed closer.
However, at the moment I am quite willing to lynch on you.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #912 on: July 20, 2011, 03:42:02 AM »
A smile on my face,
A gleam in my eye,

##Vote: Moonin

So, I reread day one, with Iffrita, Moonin, Xix, and One....

Iffrita had posts that originally attacked Xix for attacking the easy target of Moonin.  The only thing she ever said directly to Moonin was a prod to ask for more posts.  Not that she ever commented on them even when Moonin posted.  Additionally Iffrita only had semi-positive things to talk about with Moonin, like... opinions expressing interests in lynching Depore, but nothing more serious.  Iffrita had plenty of time to cast suspicion on Xix and One, regardless if it was bussing or not, but never ever, did she care about Moonin in the slightest.  Moonin's Day 1 activity was not only minimal, but also arbitrary.  His vote of Depore only came after expressing equal if not more suspicsion of Mala.  It's true he voted Mala later, but by then She was a viable lynch.  I think this is a classic case of seeing what sticks.

About One:  His content and posts seem indepedant of other's (and Iffrita's) so he's more town than Moonin.  With Miya's result, he should not be lynched today.

About Xix.  I think... I was wrong.  He does look a lot more town, in the same way Orwen looked more town at the VERY VERY end of Day2.

I haven't had much time.. so sorry about that.  BUT ALSO THIS JUST IN!

Someone has given me the power to renew my ability to revive!

HERE IT COMES!

Prophet of chaos, I summon thy spirit Ho!

##Evocate Prophet Mala

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #913 on: July 20, 2011, 03:46:04 AM »
Votecount of Revivals Everywhere

Xix (1): Depore
Yuan (1):One
Moonin (2): Yuan, Xix, Mikhail

One (0): Yuan
Mikhail (0): Xix

Not Voting: Prophet Mala, Miya, Caladbolg, Moonin

With 8 alive, you require 5 to lynch.
There are about 40 hours until Night 3.

Prophet Mala has returned to the game.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #914 on: July 20, 2011, 03:47:15 AM »
##Vote Yuan
##FoS Moonin

You are all scum. I counterclaim Yuan, I am the jailer. I will be back later.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #915 on: July 20, 2011, 03:49:08 AM »
Mala, am I right in assuming that you jailed Moonin N1?
Because none of these night actions are adding up.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #916 on: July 20, 2011, 03:52:01 AM »
Huh. Well then.

##Unvote: Xix
##Vote: Yuan

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #917 on: July 20, 2011, 03:54:12 AM »
On Night 1 I attempted to jail Empress Iffrita. My action failed. On Night 2 I successfully jailed Mikhael. I need to go now, but I have a lot of things to say when I return. I must make up for all that time I wasted being dead and not performing my divination.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #918 on: July 20, 2011, 03:54:50 AM »
@One: I will admit to trying to direct you a bit. You're new to the game, and I have been convinced you were scum this whole game.

The recent events of your Claim and Miya's watcher confirming it makes me think you're town. (Which admittedly throws me for some loops).

So, now under the impression that you are town. And knowing that I am town, I know that you're simply being misguided and... well... wrong?

So I see NO ISSUES with me as town trying to help you as town avoid making newbie mistakes.

And you yourself admit that my advice seems like "good advice". That's because it is. It's coming from a protown motivation of helping you understand why the things you are saying are wrong. (I originally thought they were just scum driven, but now that I see otherwise I don't think town can afford to have you continue on this track).

If you feel this is scummy of me, I will stop. I can certainly see why you would be worried. But try to see what my INTENT behind this action is. That's where true scum hunting can be found. Not in the actions of players, but the INTENT of their actions.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #919 on: July 20, 2011, 03:55:41 AM »
Um, you counter claim it Mala?

My role is PROVEN. I'm CLEARLY not lying about it.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #920 on: July 20, 2011, 03:57:00 AM »
So all this means is that the town has a roleblocker and 2 jailers.

... and a reflexive roleblocker...

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #921 on: July 20, 2011, 03:57:33 AM »
Oh fucking shit son.  So Demon was right about something being off about Yuan...

You know those isos I've been talking about?  Well they are coming along but not tonight because day 1 is a cluster bleep, tomorrow morning I swear. :ohdear:  From what I remember going over I do not think Yuan/Moonin scumteam is impossible.

The only thing that is proven about your role is that you roleblock...

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #922 on: July 20, 2011, 03:59:03 AM »
##Unvote
If you quicklynch Yuan I will be extremely angry at all of you.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #923 on: July 20, 2011, 03:59:59 AM »
Because I have many things I need to say and not nearly enough time to say it all. If you cut my time even shorter, know that you will feel my wrath in the post-game.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #924 on: July 20, 2011, 04:01:28 AM »
Oh fucking shit son.  So Demon was right about something being off about Yuan...

You know those isos I've been talking about?  Well they are coming along but not tonight because day 1 is a cluster bleep, tomorrow morning I swear. :ohdear:  From what I remember going over I do not think Yuan/Moonin scumteam is impossible.

The only thing that is proven about your role is that you roleblock...

Yeah, exactly.

I have proven that I can roleblock.

So I'm either a roleblocker or a jailer.

In either case, I'm not lying about my role.

SO, how does this make me scum>?

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #925 on: July 20, 2011, 04:02:53 AM »
Oh my... L-1 I apologize.

##Unvote:
FOS: Yuan

Making me go back again and reread Yuan now.
I swear One unvoted earlier. >_>

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #926 on: July 20, 2011, 04:04:20 AM »
@Yuan: It would seem to suggest you're a scum roleblocker. Unless Mala's role is a significant deviation from the traditional Jailer, and given how she voted you immediately I kinda doubt it is.

Or if there's two Jailers I guess but not seeing that as likely.

@Miya: Mala already pulled off and made it L-2. :V

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #927 on: July 20, 2011, 04:05:16 AM »
Though I guess with the way Day 1 ended even L-2 isn't something to be completely secure in.

Argh, I needed to go to bed a half hour ago.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #928 on: July 20, 2011, 04:05:56 AM »
@Yuan: It would seem to suggest you're a scum roleblocker. Unless Mala's role is a significant deviation from the traditional Jailer, and given how she voted you immediately I kinda doubt it is.

Or if there's two Jailers I guess but not seeing that as likely.

@Miya: Mala already pulled off and made it L-2. :V

So you're going to lynch me based on outguessing the mod's setup?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #929 on: July 20, 2011, 04:06:47 AM »
zzz.
Well if Yuan is scum, then this was superbus mafia, Xix is probably town (though this is an uncertainty), and Depore is likely partner based on stuff I haven't said in thread yet.

Mikhail is basically confirmed town now btw.