Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 417863 times)

I just reinstalled GoS and the game screen keeps blinking very rapidly every time I open it. I have it on compatibility mode on windows95, changed my locale to Japan, have direct9.0, and everything I can think of. Anyone ever had this happen to them and know how to fix it?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
In Weekend you don't need win95 compatibility. Are you using a laptop/integrated gfx card? Integrated tends to have issues with this game.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Yeah, I'm using a laptop. This never happened to me thought, I was playing this a lot about a year ago with no problems. Anything I can do?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
You could mess around with settings in the config, that's all I can suggest.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Okay, I'm really, reeeeally confused.

That "eng patch for weekend 3.01" is actually the english patch for weekend? Because when I paste Data.pak(from the english patch) file to my weekend game, everything goes black and when I press X, some weird screen(like damaged) appears and I stuck in there(I can press every key from my keyboard and will do nothing, except that I can move some sort of "select" highlight by pressin left, up, down, right). Or that english patch is for Lingering Summer?

Why bothering copy "packages.rar" files to 2.09 if the english patch will overwrite the same files?

thank you very much for any info @.@

Best Regards.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:16:19 AM by Arukaizer »

Yeah, the English patch is for Weekend. Are you using App locale or is your computer set to Japanese Locale? Are you trying to load a save game from a previous version?

Hi :)

No, I'm new to the game, so I just copy and paste the english pack files, and the game goes black '-'

Before that, I can totally run the game in japanese, using both ocidental or japanese config(no applocale). It's like the patch(Data.pak specifically) is damaging my game somehow :s

I'm using Win XP.

Best Regards.

Are you sure the game you are playing is Weekend? Does it say Weekend when you load it up? It should look something like this when you load your screen http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/File:Fb_bose07.jpg.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
Alright I've put this off long enough but I cannot fix a problem with this game that is what I believe to be the same as the user on the top of page 23, a flickering black screen upon loading the game up. "Nothing" was changed from the last time I tried playing this game (got as far as Alice boss fight and got stuck since it wasn't easy) but now I can't stop the black flickering screen.

All I know is the game itself was not touched in any shape or form and any reinstallation doesn't change a thing. Changing the configuration as far as I can tell does not fix this problem. Game runs flawlessly aside from this one somewhat major problem. Not that I know if it is related but I noticed Fraps also is able to hook itself into two games it previously could not detect before. Not sure if this somehow relates to this game having a visual glitch now. I'm willing to start the game over since I wasn't very far but this problem doesn't seem to be the fault of the game from what I can tell. Even with the flickering I could still tell the English patch works just fine.

Turning on the fps indicator at least makes me be not completely blind when I get past the start screen. But that's not really a fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cWTGn9oHHY
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:06:41 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

What Operating System are you using? Windows 7, XP?
If your version is Weekend, is your compatability mode off?

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
Windows 7, Japanese Locale, No compatibility mode is on. Version is definitely weekend.

Game started the visual glitch and no game file was modified in any shape or form from the last time I played leading me to believe something else is the cause.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:17:41 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Did you rename your directory to something shorter? If you use the Japanese name, it might cause problems.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
No effect, same results.

Folder does not contain Japanese text in the name. This is a particularly troublesome thing to troubleshoot because no changes were made to the game or its directory when it started this glitch. However I do not recall changing any computer settings making it difficult to figure out why this is happening.

My hunch is that something in the OS is conflicting but as for what I've no idea.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:24:50 AM by Mesarthim »

No effect, same results.

Folder does not contain Japanese text in the name. This is a particularly troublesome thing to troubleshoot because no changes were made to the game or its directory when it started this glitch. However I do not recall changing any computer settings making it difficult to figure out why this is happening.
Wait, are you sure you're using version 3.01?

What graphics processor are you using? Does your computer use both integrated graphics and a real graphics card to run things? If so, trying switching between the two.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
Wait, are you sure you're using version 3.01?

Positive. I even have the patch file. Same result before and after.

As for my graphics card it's a nvidia gtx 560 Ti and I have no integrated graphics.

Some computers have 2 graphics cards. It switches between them depending on what it is loading. In either case, go to the Nvdia control panel and see if Genius of Sappheiros is on the list. If it is, take it off and try. If it isn't, add it and try. Make sure the apply the changes.

Your game loads, so it can't be a permissions issue. But try running as an Administrator and see if there is any difference.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
I regret to inform that I have already ruled that out. Yesterday I tried adding into my "Manage 3D settings" list but no changes occurred with the visual glitch, I experimented and rolled my nvidia driver back but it also had no effect.

I'm honestly at wits end here. I might have no choice but to be an unfortunate lost cause since I have a game that runs perfectly if I don't mind playing blind or in seizures. Running as administrator changed nothing as well.

And when you started a new game, this still happens, correct?

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
Correct. The problem started happening some point after I stopped playing the game before the Alice boss fight. The game itself was not changed in any shape or form leading me to believe the cause is not the game itself but something else. As for what that something else is even I can't figure it out at this point.

The game "has" worked on this PC before. I just can't figure out why the visuals are messed up now. No other game on my computer has anything wrong with it. Whatever seems to have changed affected this game and this game only.

The game starts the glitch immediately upon loading up, even at the company logo.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:07:15 AM by Mesarthim »

Have you tried setting the Config for the game itself? In the Weekend game folder, there should be a Config application. Run it and check its settings. Similarly, there is a game.ini file if you want to edit that.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
I've taken a look at the game ini but I don't know what to modify in there. As for the config itself I've messed with it before but am unsure what I am changing since it is in Japanese. The patch in the OP only contains two files and neither of them are for the config.

Well, for the game.ini the things you want to tweak are, MaxVRAMCacheSize and MaxFileCacheSize. On the config application, it would be the thing with VRAM in it. The menu selection goes from "big" to "small".

You are having a video related issue, so we should be looking at what video related configurations we can make changes on.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
Well I increased both numbers in the .ini to increased values (I just guessed and tried 2048), default values were 0 and 512. No effect.

Configuration for VRAM was changed to top options and no effect. I'm out of ideas at this point.

Edit: Modifying the game.ini values automatically changes the config options to the bottom option.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:05:28 AM by Mesarthim »

I suggest backing up your save file and reinstalling the thing.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
Holy freaking crap. I found the problem.

I did a fresh install with the newest nvidia driver and now the game booted up with no visual artifacts or black flickering.

I KNEW IT WASN'T THE FAULT OF THE GAME! Did I ever tell you I hate PC problems?

So your Nvidia driver got corrupted. That's interesting.

I noticed Amukihaha (アムキハッハ) is named Amkieh in the patch, which I guess is fine, but then he drops Amukihaha's Amulet (アムキハッハの魔除け), it is even like this on the English Wiki so I am not sure if it's intentional or not, sorry for bumping. Added these docs:

Enemy Only Weapons
Last Word Charge (unconfirmed)
Success Rate for Enemies
Success Rate for Bosses
Endurance Dungeon Encounter Order

The rest of the docs are here, most of what's missing is already on the wiki.

I currently have the game at version 3.0, but in order to patch it, I need it at 3.1. I do not know where the patch to boot it up to 3.1 is, could anybody help me?

The links for GoS latest updates are at the bottom of Strawberry Bose's official site. Here is the direct link URL if needed (copy and paste the address):
Code: [Select]
http://patch.hachikuma.net/souzin/souzin301.exeThe game needs to be untranslated (in Japanese) for the Update to be correctly applied, it uses a MD5 Check before patching files which fails otherwise blocking the update as intended.

Little off-topic but the last game Touhou Quest seems to have added additional checks for the updates, I am still wondering about the story behind the Salvation patch, it reminds me of that sad situation Aquastyle had with one of their games where the setup packing got corrupted for some reason.