Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 417925 times)

I apologize if I sound ignorant, but I have absolutely no clue how to apply the official 3.01 patch to Weekend and all the 3.00 english patches have been taken down. Could someone help me?

P.S. I know the 3.01 patch is on Strawberry Bose's website, I can't read the instructions because they are in japanese.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:34:54 AM by DarkFlash »

Make sure your game is back to being untranslated. Then run the patch you downloaded from the site, just keep clicking where 'next' normally is on those things and point the patcher at the game's folder.

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly. Can't wait to start playing tomorrow.  :D

Just gonna confirm what TheNewGuy said, if you don't roll back to untranslated, the game will load up completely black.
What's weird, is you can fiddle with the menu, although you won't have any characters, items, skills, formations, etc.

hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster here. I've got a bit of a problem and i was hoping you guys might be able to help me out. See about a week ago i started getting spash screens while starting the game telling me to link my game up to my twitter, if i ignored this then i could play the game normally but the sound wouldn't work and the game would not save, this problem persisted even after i linked up to twitter and will not go away. If anybody has any information that could help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

Try opening the game's config utility and clearing the twitter username from the box on that tab?  (I'm still running 3.00, where the twitter integration no longer works, so I don't know if this will work or not...)

I cleared the twitter and move my game installation folder from my program files. I don't know which one worked. but it's not givin me grief anymore. thanks for the  suggjestion

Would it be possible to change some of the music in the game?

I noticed two of the impostors Yukkuris share the same name with their real counterparts in the translation, the Yukkuri Sisters and the Yukkuri King, the Stray ones don't have this problem since the fake was given a unique name even though they had similar names. Here is an example:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2lt6o38.jpg (japanese)
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zgvjwy.jpg (translation)

This makes scanning these two really difficult, you're supposed to scan them with Aya after using Remilia's Spectacle of Fate but choosing the correct one becomes a matter of luck since there is no way to distinguish the real from the fake one, something that is possible in the original (untranslated) game.

Woop! That's bad. Fixed now
http://www.mediafire.com/?l0jyl7e6jwbal57

The fake Sisters are now 'Yukkuri Twisters' and the fake yukkuri king is now 'Yukkuri Pretender'

Awesome, thanks and great work with the translation.

I am still trying to complete the rest of the game, only missing the very last synthesis equipment, I am afraid updating to the last patch and translation might corrupt my savegame, I see most of the errors I found with older versions of the translation were already reported and fixed.

Wall of Faith's description is wrong:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hfknrc.jpg (last patch / DEC 30)

It says "magic damage is reduced to 25%", it is reduced by 25%, not to 25%, it grants Magic Barrier 25% (魔法結界25%) to all characters, this is a common error riddling the wiki. Don't try testing this using Lithos fixed magic attacks, as they do get cut by 50% even with 10% damage reduction (Maenad 666 damage jumps to 333).

There is actually a bit of text that was missed. If you try to go to the Moriya Shrine in the post-game before recruiting Sanae, some text will pop up. This isn't a big deal and I doubt it will be fixed, but I just wanted to notify everyone.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:12:31 AM by DarkFlash »

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
Heya, I kind of want to update this to 3.01 and then English Patch, but then as was said earlier, I'd have to patch it while it's untranslated. Is there a way to sort of untranslate it or locate the two 3.00 img and game paks? Or am I sort of sol in that department, as I've misplaced such untranslated files after a bunch of computer issues.

Updated patch that fixed noted things, including  a few other improvements; is in the works. It should also be able to take care of your problem as well Tangrelle.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I haven't played this in ages, I quit because the final (pre-expansion) boss kept petrify/confuse/paralyzing my entire party, even when I wore all my best resist gear, and as far as I could tell, there was no reliable way to predict when they'd occur to prevent via hakkurei barrier or whatever. So I had to farm materials to craft better resistance gear (there was much better available still), but despite like 30+ hours of farming, I didn't get ONE DAMN REAGENT for them.. so I just kinda quit. It's great to know the weekend thing fixes that issue (as well as making satori not a chore to un-suckificate). Thanks again for all the work keeping the translation up to date with the new expansion thingie =).

One thing that's bugging me though, and I searched the forums for an answer, saw a question from myself a long while back but never an answer... What font do I need to download? or is this normal:
http://i48.tinypic.com/345ftb6.png

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Using japanese locale will fix that font issue.

Touhou Labyrinth had a similar issue, except it's incorrect font was just ugly, not somewhat unreadable.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Using japanese locale will fix that font issue.

Touhou Labyrinth had a similar issue, except it's incorrect font was just ugly, not somewhat unreadable.

I'm stupid, thanks. I uhh. turned Japanese locale on years ago and just kinda left it on since there wasn't any downside, but recently upgraded some parts on my computer, reinstalled windows...and now that you mention it, I haven't done it again since, deeerp. Thanks.

Just wondering: How much demand might there be for something like this?
http://imgur.com/OMYIK2O

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
That's... actually a pretty good way to circumvent that we don't have any vaguely aesthetically pleasing way to make that english.

While magic isn't a big issue because it's color coded anyway, the physical elements you have to just memorize, which is a minor thing. It'd be helpful to people who actually haven't played the game before. This would also translate well to monochromity in the encyclopedia... I think? Since that place has no color coding, you basically have to memorize the entire element order or the kanji, and the point of the patch is to circumvent having to do that kind of thing.

So, yeah, I'd approve! I've already finished the game, but, there's still some people I'm bothering to play it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Like Serela said. It's really nice looking. I'd love to have it in the game.
Btw does anyone have the 3.01 patch? Whenever I go to the page I get this: http://gyazo.com/a3ecf45622a0685e2e14edf068074715

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.

That's a pretty good idea. If there was a way to make something like that fit into Devil of Decline and Phantasmal Summoners, it would work there as well.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Looks great! I wouldn't ask someone to actually do it cuz the translation team has already done so much but I'd certainly enjoy it if it were there.

Slightly off-topic but I wanted to clear this, from what I remember the game doesn't explain in any place that Statuses like Instant Death and Removal are a Quick (Bad Quick) type status, even though in battle the game might hint it as a Permanent since Instant Death moves out Permanent statuses like Berserker or Poison (in<->out status), but that is just circumstantial, the game only hints this with Reimu's final weapon in the expansion, Sakuya and Alice have Quick resistant weapons, this needs to be in the wiki. Also Burning Noble is Quick but seems to ignore any type of RES, it will even ignore Reimu's Omnidirectional Demon Binding Circle.

Code: [Select]
Bad Quick:

Stun:
   -> Shock: Cancel Action if Regular Attack used (not Skills)
        Main Moves: Discharge and Thunderclap (Satori)
   -> Burn: Cancel Action if Skill used (not Regular Attacks)
        Main Moves: Heat Hand, Moulin Rouge, and Flash Fire (Enemies). Flying Phoenix, Fujiyama Volcano, Blazing Phoenix and Fujiyama Big Eruption (Mokou), and her final fists.
   -> Freeze: Cancel Action, Evasion set to 0 (Shield Activation set to 0)
        Main Moves: Sakuya's Ice Swords physical attacks and Cirno's attacks and skills, Snowstorm (Satori)
   -> Daze: Cancel Turn Action only, doesn't negate certain collateral actions, through good statuses/etc. (ex: Alice's Little Legion/but Cancels Parrar)
        Main Moves: Hit and Run, Tornado, Face Smash, and Stomp (Satori), Aya's (Fan Training 3) and Alice physical Greaves attacks
Spell Interruption:
   -> Magic Cancel: Cancel Action (spell) if Magic used
        Main Moves: Horus' Barrier (Hell's Gatekeeper & Gap's Gatekeeper), and Scream (Dropper/Red Tongue/Mai Kubi)
Stop:
   -> Stop (Quick): Unable to take action, Evasion reduced to 0 (Shield Activation set to 0)
        Main Moves: Sakuya's Perfect Square and Deflation World (3-Star Commander Spell)
Instant Death:
   -> inflicts Death
        Main Moves (enemies): Death, Death Breath, Aroma of Death, Blood Slash, Death Dive, Wail, Death Zapper, Shinigami Scythe
Removal:
   -> Same as Death but character affected is unable to be revived for the rest of the battle
        Main Moves: HDD Crash, Bottomless Swamp (Catfishes), Quicksand (Antlion Larva), Format (SSD), Dark Core (Demiurge)
Camouflage fathom:
   -> Anti-Camo: Evasion reduced to 0
        Main Move: Bad Camouflage (Nitori's 1-star Commander spell)
Resistance Down:
   -> Resist Down: Halves resistance
        Main Move: Half-Phantom Attack (Youmu's 1-star Commander spell)
Dispel (Bad Quick):
   -> Good Variety Status canceled (BQ variant normal Good Quick takes out Bad statuses, or both)
        Main Move: Dispel Shot (Reisen)
Provoque:
   -> Causes enemy Retargeting
        Main Move: Yakuza Kick (Alice)
Bomb Down:
   -> Bomb counter reduced to 0
        Main Move: Burning Noble (Elder Salamander/Demiurge), always hit ignores all RES, and even Reimu's Barrier (can it be evaded at all?)
Intolerance (Not Resisted!):
   -> Disables Reraise (Instant Death already does this)
        Main Moves: Cursed Doll, Tsunami of Hades & Evil Spirits 3-5

DMG from Damage Net, Resentment Zone and Edge of Misfortune works as Poison Damage, Poison Shield formation and resistance will reduce or null the damage taken. Sadly I don't have a save to test if Final Anchor deals 999 Poison damage, and it was the only attack (along Cursed Doll) which ignores pretty much all reductions and barriers, and caused the entire party demise, though it can be withstanded using Sanae's Star Ritual Godly Winds since it works similar to Tsunami of Hades. Like this:

Wonder if I can go higher than that, 7 digits seems like the limit, pretty bad that's higher health than most bosses in this game, I did enjoy all the minibosses in Gorgon Barrier and Depths of Resentment, but the game really needed a superboss
Spoiler:
(I was expecting Yukari at the end of the endurance Wicked Map even though I knew she wouldn't appear at all)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:54:58 AM by Cjd2524 »

As noted in the manual all quick effects are displayed with a '!' icon. The updated manual specifically lists all the condition groups and what falls under them.
It'd probably be nice for people to have the newer manual translated, but bluh. 

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Removal and Instant Death aren't marked with ! though, right?

In any case, it's nice to see exactly what the four stunning types do.

As noted in the manual all quick effects are displayed with a '!' icon. The updated manual specifically lists all the condition groups and what falls under them.
It'd probably be nice for people to have the newer manual translated, but bluh.
I was reading the old manual at the time, only worth noting that isn't explained in the game is that Sakuya is able to defend herself with shields while using 2-Handed weapons only if she doesn't attack or use skills, same for characters with staffs (and spears).

Another curious one is that Satori requires a shield equipped to use Shield Wall, she can't 'cast' it otherwise (the icon skill is unique), only Alice presents this sort of mechanic in the game, this can be a very big surprise if discovered during a boss battle.
Removal and Instant Death aren't marked with ! though, right?
Correct.

In any case, it's nice to see exactly what the four stunning types do.
Daze is really weird, Alice's Little Legion won't be down if she is Dazed, but Parrars will be, and it doesn't reduce Evasion or Shield Evasion. Permanents like Paralysis make Little Legion go down, this is why she has weapons and armor with full immunity to both Stun/Paralysis (Alice can still deflect physical attacks while Paralyzed).

Time Stop statuses such as Stop (Quick & Variety) also set Shield Activation/Evasion to 0, so does Freeze since it incapacitates, I wouldn't know about Bad Camouflage (Nitori) it may be strictly reducing EVA.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:20:57 AM by Cjd2524 »

Pretty interesting stuff. I never knew shield wall required a shield.

That image is cool if you have time to do it. It makes it intuitive, otherwise people will have to memorize the kanji patterns.
Anyway, I thought up of some short letters that can represent the elements and attacks without repeating the same starting letter.

S - Slash
P - Pierce
B - Blundgeoning
F - Fire
I - Ice
W - Wind, If Wind doesn't work, maybe A - Air.
E - Earth
L - Light
D - Dark
M - Mystic
V - Void

Icons would be more intuitive, but not sure how hard that is to shorthand those on weapon/armor/item resistances.

I have a question about the font. What font is this and how do I use it?

Sometimes, the text in effect bubbles (the ones that tell you when status changes happen) is off-centered, usually completely outside of the bubble. Is this a problem with my font?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Sometimes, the text in effect bubbles (the ones that tell you when status changes happen) is off-centered, usually completely outside of the bubble. Is this a problem with my font?
No. This is completely normal.

You get a different font (most people do at least) if you don't use japanese locale. This font is generally incredibly hard to read, so it's not a good thing.