Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 417659 times)

Re: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- ~ The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2
« Reply #390 on: November 15, 2011, 04:48:59 AM »
would me installing it into my C drive cause that?, tho when i use app locale i use it through administrator... not sure if that doesnt carry over to the game tho.

and yes i'm using japanese applocale and windows 95 compatability
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:50:42 AM by EternitySky »

« Reply #391 on: November 15, 2011, 04:50:53 AM »
I heard that applocale doesn't work for this game. You need to change your system to Japanese locale.

« Reply #392 on: November 15, 2011, 05:31:11 AM »
On the subject of the broken links:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pawgb8dlz6insxd/Game.pak
http://www.mediafire.com/file/krva1cg523ryymi/Img.pak

Nothing exciting for such a long wait, just correction to all the text brought up here.
Looks like TNG just forgot to update the first post. Oops!  :V

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #393 on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:30 PM »
I heard that applocale doesn't work for this game. You need to change your system to Japanese locale.

Could that be why its crashing so much? Because we're "faking" it through applocale?
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #394 on: November 15, 2011, 08:13:02 PM »
How do I change my laptop to japanese local? I can't open it unless I use the japanese applocale.... Sigh...

« Reply #395 on: November 15, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
I think it doesn't matter much if you're running XP or 7, as you have to do similar things in them. Just go to the Control Panel, find something about Regional and Language Options, then the Advanced tab, and on the dropdown list for something related to "Language for non-Unicode programs", choose Japanese. You might need your XP/7 installation disk, so have that ready.

« Reply #396 on: November 15, 2011, 11:55:33 PM »
Uhh I bought my laptop with windows 7 pre installed so I dont have the install disc :x i'm not home right now so i'll try that when I get home... android phones ftw :)

« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2011, 01:46:04 AM »
>sees new page of replies
"awww... they're ignoring me"

>sees reply with new links
'_' > 0.0 > ^_____________^

thanks you SO much. still haven't tested it, but I'ma go out on a limb and say crashing or otherwise, this game'll be epic.

« Reply #398 on: November 16, 2011, 03:52:42 AM »
Could that be why its crashing so much? Because we're "faking" it through applocale?
I am not sure, but it could be. I still crash, but it is not often enough to be a hassle.

« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2011, 06:33:15 AM »
Uhh I bought my laptop with windows 7 pre installed so I dont have the install disc :x i'm not home right now so i'll try that when I get home... android phones ftw :)
Try it anyway, the fact that you can use Applocale alone most likely means you can do that as well.
Just remember: you have to change the language of non-Unicode programs (or something like that, I'll check my W7 machine later) to Japanese, not the language of your system. That's a somewhat common mistake some Windows 7 users do.

« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2011, 06:57:15 AM »
Try it anyway, the fact that you can use Applocale alone most likely means you can do that as well.
Just remember: you have to change the language of non-Unicode programs (or something like that, I'll check my W7 machine later) to Japanese, not the language of your system. That's a somewhat common mistake some Windows 7 users do.

Tried it, and i went to kill meiling, and it still doesnt save :x... maybe i'ma reinstall it into another place and not my C drive...

« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2011, 07:38:22 AM »
Tried it, and i went to kill meiling, and it still doesnt save :x... maybe i'ma reinstall it into another place and not my C drive...
Have you tried to running the game as administrator?
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2011, 08:07:42 PM »
It automatically gives me the pop up to run it as administrator so i'm not really sure what's wrong....

« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2011, 11:06:33 PM »
Try putting its folder somewhere else, especially if you have it in your Program Files. I've heard some stuff about how much Windows 7 hates things that go there.
For example, something like C:\Games\TGoS should work.

« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2011, 11:47:37 PM »
actually its not even in my program files... its just C:TGoS

« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2011, 12:44:11 AM »
so big thank you to all you bros who made this translation. even if it's still a work in progress, it is already amazing.

however... i've noticed alot of complaining about crashing on boot up, on cut scenes, etc... which I've personally had none of...
and the trouble shooting you guys have offered consists of simply: fix applocale fix applocale fix applocale.

has anyone here considered NOT running it through applocale? y'know... since it worked for me.
Started the game normally every time and it's worked perfectly and consistently. I tried booting it w/ applocale once early on: it deleted my save file.

could it be that applocale is the PROBLEM causing the crashes? similarly - I haven't been using windows95 compatibility and the game runs like a dream.
so... hopefully that observation will help. now then: BACK TO MY AFK (hehehe Byakuren shall be mine...)

« Reply #406 on: November 18, 2011, 02:44:50 AM »
well problem fixed, got a friend to send me her TSD000.sav and worked :x....

« Reply #407 on: November 19, 2011, 05:04:50 PM »
Changed locale to Japanese. Compatibility 95. Have Directx9. Still get this problem.

What is the filename the directx9 file should have?
Mine is currently "D3DX9_43"
Or is it a directory problem?
I haven't changed the Japanese file/folder names.

Satorin

• 5th Grade Loli
  • Everyday's the same day.
« Reply #408 on: November 19, 2011, 08:00:51 PM »
Have you tried to running the game as administrator?

Wew that actually helped me :o

thx

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #409 on: November 20, 2011, 03:34:21 AM »
Stage 19 has inconsistent spelling.
Lakebed Temple Tatami Room, Lakebed Temple Depths

Incorrect translation in Youmu's Leader Power.
It should increase chance of Critical Hit of physical attacks, not Instant Death.
Signature

« Reply #410 on: November 20, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
The level 3 shields, Archangel Shield, Archdemon Shield, Sodom Shield, Tartarus Shield, Cocytus Shield, and Gehenna Shield.
If they follow the pattern of their level 2 and level 1 incarnations, they should allow you to block Slash, Pierce, and Strike,
is this a translation error or are they not supposed to block those?
The pattern for Archangel shield should be, it cannot block the opposing element(Dark), has Star vs the element it is in(Light), and
can block everything else at penalty, in this case Triangle. The level 1 and 2 versions have solid Triangles, while the level 3 versions seem
to have a hollow Triangle.
With the exception of Mystic, since they have no real opposing element, Mystic versions cannot block Slash, Pierce, and Strike.

« Reply #411 on: November 20, 2011, 08:19:51 PM »
The level 3 shields, Archangel Shield, Archdemon Shield, Sodom Shield, Tartarus Shield, Cocytus Shield, and Gehenna Shield.
If they follow the pattern of their level 2 and level 1 incarnations, they should allow you to block Slash, Pierce, and Strike,
is this a translation error or are they not supposed to block those?
The pattern for Archangel shield should be, it cannot block the opposing element(Dark), has Star vs the element it is in(Light), and
can block everything else at penalty, in this case Triangle. The level 1 and 2 versions have solid Triangles, while the level 3 versions seem
to have a hollow Triangle.
With the exception of Mystic, since they have no real opposing element, Mystic versions cannot block Slash, Pierce, and Strike.

The Shields are correct as they are.

« Reply #412 on: November 21, 2011, 10:16:36 AM »
I see, ouch. So, the Hell Shield is pretty much the best shield on the tier 3 shields then.

« Reply #413 on: November 23, 2011, 06:41:34 PM »
2 questions relating to commander abilities.

for Sakuya, what does "condition chance" refer to? is that +induction or increased effect on field element?

and for youmu, is the effect +death as written? or +crit?

« Reply #414 on: November 23, 2011, 11:18:30 PM »
I would assume it means your chances of inflicting a status effect is increased.

According to Sungho, that is an error and it should be bonus to critical.

« Reply #415 on: November 25, 2011, 06:41:06 AM »
Hmm I try to fix my problem

but the game aren't show any number (like : status / damage / Point)

Hoe can I do ???

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #416 on: November 26, 2011, 12:18:29 PM »
In the ending scenes,

oit (Rinnosuke)
anothter (Tenshi)
pontless (Alice)

In the ending.

he built a shrine -> we
everythign

I can't exactly remember, sorry
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:55:19 PM by Sungho »
Signature

« Reply #417 on: December 03, 2011, 07:48:48 AM »
Thanks for all your feedback Sungho.

In case you haven't guess yet: the patch is basically done at this point. Most remaining things are spelling differences between text and images, but I'd rather not continuously harass Matherikus over those.
I've been terribly busy with real world stuff, but feel free to bring up issues that you think I can resolve.   

Here is the newest patch .pak.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c1cityso8bcs9ki

I have to thank everyone to worked together to get this all done. The game has been played by many people, just judging from patch downloads. I'm proud to have been involved in some way.

Hmm I try to fix my problem

but the game aren't show any number (like : status / damage / Point)

Hoe can I do ???

You must update the game to version 2.06 without the patch on it, if you have scrambled text and the like.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:25:01 PM by TheNewGuy »

« Reply #418 on: December 04, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
Thank you all for the splendid work! I've been uploading the game OST to youtube in the recent months and wanted to add the translated song names, where could I find all of them? Those which are displayed ingame in the corner.

Thanks again, I've been able to at least make it to the pre-expansion final boss thanks to the translated skills and all.

« Reply #419 on: December 05, 2011, 10:46:59 AM »
@TheNewGuy:
In case of confusion, you may want to change that to 2.06.
Unless there is a patch version 2.07...