Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 417922 times)

Re: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- ~ The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2011, 05:30:08 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug in the original game or a translation error, but Chainspell 1 and Chainspell 2 (in Marisa's Astronomy tree), which claim to reduce fire/water/earth/elec cooldowns by 1 and 2 respectively, seem to actually reduce *spell card* cooldowns, not elemental skill cooldowns.  (Tested with Marisa's second tier single-target elementals, which are not spell cards but have a cooldown of 2; with Astronomy at 20, they still have a cooldown of 2)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
Yes, you must level up her Lasers tree a bit to reduce their cooldowns. It's a little silly :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »
Okay, I took screenshots of the exact lines before the crash.

http://puu.sh/5xPS http://puu.sh/5xQb http://puu.sh/5xQg

I meant to screenshot the player character going ! too, but it got blacked out.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »
What exactly is supposed to happen when you run it without window 95 compatibility mode?
Signature

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2011, 12:59:20 PM »
What exactly is supposed to happen when you run it without window 95 compatibility mode?
Random crashes every time you run into dialouge.

-Some- people don't get those, but most need to use Win95.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
It seems that I can't run the game when I  try to run it in with Win95 Compatibility Mode.
Can anyone help with this issue?
Signature

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2011, 01:49:51 PM »
Set computer to japanese locales?

Is it patched to 2.06?

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »
The locale switching did the trick. Thanks!
It is rather ironic that I have to switch to Japanese locale to play in English.

Isn't Marisa's 'Astronomy' tree supposed to be 'Stardust'?
Signature

« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2011, 02:43:50 PM »
My game crashes everytime I get in the Growth menu.
I have the 2.06 version, I run it in win95 compatibility mode and with japanese locale. What else is there to do?

« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »
I had the same problem before but updating the 2.06 patch fixed it. I dont know what happen to you but try reinstalling the game, also try switching back to Japanese to see if the crash still occurs or not

« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2011, 02:21:21 AM »
Okay, I took screenshots of the exact lines before the crash.

http://puu.sh/5xPS http://puu.sh/5xQb http://puu.sh/5xQg

I meant to screenshot the player character going ! too, but it got blacked out.

Thank you, the issue was somewhere I wasn't expecting. It should be fixed now.
Beyond that mostly spelling fixes.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8c54voo28ch4u94/Game.pak

My game crashes everytime I get in the Growth menu.
I have the 2.06 version, I run it in win95 compatibility mode and with japanese locale. What else is there to do?

Use your backup pak's and see if the game crashes without the translations. If it does, you'll need to reinstall.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2011, 03:09:57 AM »
Okay, well;

Before, the game would sort of freeze, and then EVENTUALLY it would crash.

This time, once it reached that point, it just crashed instantly.

...sort of progress? :V

;_;

« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2011, 03:43:42 AM »
Okay, well;

Before, the game would sort of freeze, and then EVENTUALLY it would crash.

This time, once it reached that point, it just crashed instantly.

...sort of progress? :V

;_;

Try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s54vnx6pt5dhcuo/Game.pak

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #313 on: September 14, 2011, 06:18:10 AM »
I take it that Gensoukyou Wall (I believe that is how it was spelled in the dialog) and Gensokyo Barrier are the same formation?  It said the former when I triggered the event, but I see the latter in my formation list.

The BGM for the SDM says "Scarlet Nightless zCity", and I'm reasonably certain that the "z" doesn't belong there.

The BGM for the Netherworld (Like Looking at the World after Death) appears to have the bottom of some the text from whatever is above it in the image appear at the top.   Ditto for Garden of the Sun (Clear Weath Flower Garden, look above the right side of "Weath"), Former Hell of Blazing Fires (Underworld Psychological Hell), and Muenzeka (Born From Dust Return to Dust).

Speaking of Garden of the Sun, maybe "Weath" should be "Weather"?  I don't think space is the constraint since smaller font sizes were used in longer titles.

The BGM for Hakurei Shrine says "Maiden Shrine Precinct".  Is that correct, or should it be "Shrine Maiden Precinct"?

Also, is there any semi-reliable way to make the game crash when not running in Win95 compat mode?  I'm testing some things (For Science!) and am trying to narrow down which compatibility fixes are actually keeping the game from crashing.  Other than playing for a few hours (maybe later) I was wondering if certain things were more likely to break the game.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2011, 12:19:37 PM »
Also, is there any semi-reliable way to make the game crash when not running in Win95 compat mode?  I'm testing some things (For Science!) and am trying to narrow down which compatibility fixes are actually keeping the game from crashing.  Other than playing for a few hours (maybe later) I was wondering if certain things were more likely to break the game.
Going into any kind of dialouge. Not sure if Akyu going "Nope nothing helpful" is long enough, but any actual conversation is gonna crash.

« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2011, 12:40:36 PM »
Reinstalling the game worked. Thank you and keep up the good work.
The translations are awesome (except for some bubbles going out of the screen, spelling errors and some text overlays) and I'm really looking foward to the full translation.

Barrakketh

« Reply #316 on: September 14, 2011, 06:27:18 PM »
Going into any kind of dialouge. Not sure if Akyu going "Nope nothing helpful" is long enough, but any actual conversation is gonna crash.
So yeah, those crashes.  Akyu's "My apologies, but I do not have anything you may find helpful." is long enough.  I see two errors:

Debug string: HEAP[
          Debug string: Heap block at 0981F5B0 modified at 09822C68 past requested size of 36b0

77B4884E  INT3 command at ntdll.77B4884E - Shift+Run/Step to pass exception to the program
          Debug string: Invalid address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 00F00000, 0981F5B8 )

The compatibility fix that seems to let the game run without crashes is EmulateHeap.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #317 on: September 14, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »
So yeah, those crashes.  Akyu's "My apologies, but I do not have anything you may find helpful." is long enough.  I see two errors:

The compatibility fix that seems to let the game run without crashes is EmulateHeap.

Interesting. Mind telling me what debugger you are using? When I debug with Ollydbg the game never crashes.

Barrakketh

« Reply #318 on: September 14, 2011, 07:30:51 PM »
Interesting. Mind telling me what debugger you are using? When I debug with Ollydbg the game never crashes.
OllyDbg, currently version 2.01.  I'm using Vista 32-bit on a machine with a 64-bit processor (my Arch Linux install is 64-bit, though).

I launch GoS through OllyDbg, launch it with Debug -> Run.  When I run to Akyu and talk to her OllyDbg will pause.  Then choose Debug -> Execute till user code, after which it will pause again.

Look at the log window (View -> log) and I'll see stuff like this:

Log data
Address   Message

File 'Z:\Genius_of_Sappheiros\Installed\東方蒼神縁起\東方蒼神縁起.exe'
          New process (ID 000008F0) created
01181000  Main thread (ID 00000B78) created

*snip*

77B65C88  New thread 19. (ID 000012A8) created
          Debug string: Heap block at 089A3C90 modified at 089A7348 past requested size of 36b0
10000000  Module Z:\Genius_of_Sappheiros\Installed\東方蒼神縁起\Engine.dll

*snip*

77B4884E  INT3 command at ntdll.77B4884E - Shift+Run/Step to pass exception to the program
          Debug string: Invalid address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 00980000, 089A3C98 )

I *think* the first heap error is the game corrupting the heap by writing more than it should and running past where the memory was allocated.  It probably still works fine at that point, but that heap corruption sets the stage for the RtlFreeHeap exception which is what actually makes the game crash.  The heap overflow is overwriting the malloc metadata (includes the size of memory allocated), causing the free to fail because it doesn't know how/where to free it.

EDIT: My guess about why the EmulateHeap fix (used in Win95 mode) keeps it from crashing is because it doesn't raise an exception and fails silently.  It's implementation is mostly copied from the Win9x codebase.

When the debugger is still attached you can make the game continue running since the exception won't propagate to the game unless you tell it to.  Just press the F9 key until it starts executing again.

You can talk to Akyu again and the game won't crash, but if you leave her house and return the debugger will pause again for the same error.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:57:44 AM by Barrakketh »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #319 on: September 14, 2011, 10:00:51 PM »
The new patch fixed the crash! Hooray~

« Reply #320 on: September 16, 2011, 05:10:01 AM »
Please update your game.pak. Fixes a crash, and a terrible blunder on my part.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nhvor04fuzc43id/Game.pak

« Reply #321 on: September 16, 2011, 05:44:37 AM »
ack I fixed my issue and don't know how to delete this post
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:53:40 AM by Platycore »

« Reply #322 on: September 17, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »
Could somebody help me with this problem? I got a crash at the dialogue after the first boss battle. Here's the pic.
http://i56.tinypic.com/2rrp5s4.jpg
After this empty dialogue bubble, I got the usual crash message in XP.
I got this problem both in Japanese and translated version of 2.06 but not at version 2.00.

Barrakketh

« Reply #323 on: September 17, 2011, 08:52:39 PM »
Anyone happen to know where the monster encounters (encounter rates/formations seem to be in region.csv, mons01-15 references the id in Monster.csv) tie in to which area in map.csv?

The English wiki is kind of lacking, and manual data entry is for chumps :V

« Reply #324 on: September 18, 2011, 07:23:58 PM »
The BGM for the SDM says "Scarlet Nightless zCity", and I'm reasonably certain that the "z" doesn't belong there.

The BGM for the Netherworld (Like Looking at the World after Death) appears to have the bottom of some the text from whatever is above it in the image appear at the top.   Ditto for Garden of the Sun (Clear Weath Flower Garden, look above the right side of "Weath"), Former Hell of Blazing Fires (Underworld Psychological Hell), and Muenzeka (Born From Dust Return to Dust).

Speaking of Garden of the Sun, maybe "Weath" should be "Weather"?  I don't think space is the constraint since smaller font sizes were used in longer titles.

The BGM for Hakurei Shrine says "Maiden Shrine Precinct".  Is that correct, or should it be "Shrine Maiden Precinct"?

Barrakketh

« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2011, 01:00:57 AM »
@TheNewGuy - I have the untranslated 2.06 tables that I got from Choja some months back, and while working on my bestiary export I noticed a problem:

mcid: 551
id: 3872
Name: ミスティア
dfe: 3881

Monster with ID 3872 references invalid DFE 3881

There's another few oddities (some monsters have missing mcid fields even though they look more or less compete otherwise), but since I didn't catch a formation with the ones I've tried I'm assuming that they aren't used.

« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2011, 03:31:26 AM »
@TheNewGuy - I have the untranslated 2.06 tables that I got from Choja some months back, and while working on my bestiary export I noticed a problem:

There's another few oddities (some monsters have missing mcid fields even though they look more or less compete otherwise), but since I didn't catch a formation with the ones I've tried I'm assuming that they aren't used.

Huh. dfe doesn't have a 3881, it just must not exist for some reason. Those are only references for the enemies weaknesses, so it's not a big deal.
Unless I'm being dense about  something. 

Barrakketh

« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2011, 04:22:52 AM »
I was more curious as to what the resists defaulted to when a match failed.  For now I'm assuming row id 0, which is neutral to everything.

I've been working on getting the bestiary dumped, which is how I stumbled across it (got a KeyError when looking it up since it doesn't exist).  That and the treasure list in the event that the translated non-dialogue tables ever get posted (it'd be easy to just grab the English versions by loading the correct files) since I was reliant on the Japanese wiki/checklist.

« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2011, 05:13:45 AM »
I was more curious as to what the resists defaulted to when a match failed.  For now I'm assuming row id 0, which is neutral to everything.

I've been working on getting the bestiary dumped, which is how I stumbled across it (got a KeyError when looking it up since it doesn't exist).  That and the treasure list in the event that the translated non-dialogue tables ever get posted (it'd be easy to just grab the English versions by loading the correct files) since I was reliant on the Japanese wiki/checklist.

Looking at the wiki shows that that monster is indeed neutral to everything.
I like your work! Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mult5m48kd7ng
Have the translated monster.csv and item.csv. This should give you everything you need, right?
Since dfe doesn't appear in the game it was never translated all the way.

Barrakketh

« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2011, 05:29:36 AM »
Looking at the wiki shows that that monster is indeed neutral to everything.
I like your work! Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mult5m48kd7ng
Have the translated monster.csv and item.csv. This should give you everything you need, right?
Since dfe doesn't appear in the game it was never translated all the way.
I'm using TF2's web browser ATM (waiting for a slot to free up on a server so I can play), but I also use map.csv (for the treasure list I pull the name and areaname (for overall dungeon and specific floor), and let.csv mainly so I'll have the "official" English translations for things like the status ailments, monster types and attack types (spread, row, column..., etc).  The latter (attack area) is kind of covered by the comment fields in item.csv, though, and, I do include the comments for the enemy spell table.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:31:12 AM by Barrakketh »