Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 417624 times)

Sure thing!  This:

I definitely noticed the thing with Alice's skills, but nothing else has particularly stuck out to me other than that the enemy skill "Dark Breath" is now "DRK Breath".  Was that intended to get caught in the search/replace for item descriptions and such?

(Not sure if other breaths have similar issues.)

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
There were a few spelling mistakes.  Lemme see what I can remember here...

Great Vipe (Likely should be Great Viper I reckon)
*something* Catfist (Catfish is spelled wrong here I think...but for some reason, I get a real kick out of Catfist  :D)
One of Reimu's barrier spells is spelled wrong, can't remember which though.  Omindirectional is what it's spelled (It's the enhanced version of said spell, that much I do know).

I think that's about all I can recall for now.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

likkyzero

• i want a hug...
someone notify me when this is complete...
but i dont get on the forums much... but please do when its complete... good luck... i dont use incomplete patches i apologize

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb. :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:56:24 AM by Reiska »

Idly, is "Jack the Ludo Bile" correct or is it supposed to be Jack the Ripper?
Jack the Ludo Bile and Jack the Ripper are two different skills.

Jack the Ludo Bile and Jack the Ripper are two different skills.

Yeah, I just noticed that - she learned it RIGHT after I posted.  :blush:

Re: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- ~ The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2
« Reply #277 on: September 01, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »
Some images that need work.

香霖堂.png
Alchemy_Equip2.png
CharacterGot_Names.png has Alice as Alica.
Grow2_AbilityName.png
Confiscate_Base.png
Item_List2.png

The translations for the images can be found right here in Deranged's post.
I've taken the liberty of going through the image translations as well; the version can be found here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pfe7l2cdsex2yo2

Most of them are minor typo or consistency fixes, though there were a few images that apparently weren't identified as needing translation in the first sweep; I've since added them to the main file. The other text file imagetrans_changes denotes the files that were either not marked for translation in the original file TheNewGuy posted, or whose translations I have changed since.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #278 on: September 02, 2011, 12:44:35 AM »
Beating the stage 20 boss results in this particular line being rather borked. The rest seemed fine to me though. Note that this was using the 2nd most recent game.pak. sorry, I forgot you had updated it again already, just ignore this if you already caught this issue with the 2nd last one >=)
http://i56.tinypic.com/10saf7n.png

« Reply #279 on: September 02, 2011, 09:00:08 AM »
Something untranslated... In Akyuu's house, when trying to enter the corridor, she says something
(apparently she is just politely asking not to go there).

Also  Rinnosukes "What would you like to synthesize" runs out of the screen.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:02:01 AM by Tsalop »
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #280 on: September 03, 2011, 11:59:06 AM »
Um...isn't buff supposed to raise stuff instead of lower it?  :ohdear:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15039955/2011-09-03_190204.png

« Reply #281 on: September 03, 2011, 11:24:11 PM »
Um...isn't buff supposed to raise stuff instead of lower it?  :ohdear:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15039955/2011-09-03_190204.png

That's funny.
New patch: fixed a new things that didn't have names and such.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/od8muq92gxcb2pb/Game.pak

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #282 on: September 05, 2011, 05:43:23 AM »
Playing through now.  I am in awe of all your work - this is an excellent translation effort.

Aside:
There are a few blurbs still untranslated:
- Whatever Akyu says if you try to go through the side door of her mansion;
- One of the "Help" books in the Hakurei Shrine;
- The "type" in the description box on the Skill screen;

And you have all of the Phys-elemental skills listed as "? Element" (As pointed out immediately above, I am a derp for not realizing that they're supposed to be that way)

Most of this is minor, and generally does not detract from gameplay.  Once again, excellent work.  I'll post more as I go further along.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:28:50 PM by Silentsword »
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #283 on: September 05, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
And you have all of the Phys-elemental skills listed as "? Element"
That's because it's what they are! :P

They have whatever element your weapon currently is. This would normally be slash, pierce, smash (Or as the patch recently changed to, Slash, Stab, Strike), or Byakuren can change it to any element (other then mystic or Void, which as far as I know, can only be gotten by two of Satori's eyes).

I've passively memorized the element locations in the youkai encyclopedia by now, hooray.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2011, 03:08:06 PM »
Okay so I have just started this game using the english translation patch. It's really impressive, but there is one main problem I keep having, and that is the random dialogue crashes. For example sometimes when I get to the end of a scene the game just crashes on me and I have to start from the beggining of the scene again. Is there a solution/fix to this problem? because I need it immediately. I'm really craving to play this game, now that it is in english, but I just can't stand the random crashes.
*You don't need a reason to help people*

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2011, 07:39:49 PM »
Putting the game on Win95 compatibility should stop almost all of the crashes. My game still crashes from time to time, but it's very uncommon and not localized in dialouge (more like in screen changes, such as leaving a stage) and usually preceded by strange ingame slowdown that gives me more then enough time to enter the menu, therefore saving the game.

You might be one of those people (Like my friend) that just gets a crash every now and then at the end of a scene though, and I don't know what to do about that, if there's anything. You can skip talk scenes with one of the buttons, if that helps, but I understand it'd be really annoying to beat a boss and then crash.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2011, 08:11:34 PM »
Putting the game on Win95 compatibility should stop almost all of the crashes. My game still crashes from time to time, but it's very uncommon and not localized in dialouge (more like in screen changes, such as leaving a stage) and usually preceded by strange ingame slowdown that gives me more then enough time to enter the menu, therefore saving the game.

You might be one of those people (Like my friend) that just gets a crash every now and then at the end of a scene though, and I don't know what to do about that, if there's anything. You can skip talk scenes with one of the buttons, if that helps, but I understand it'd be really annoying to beat a boss and then crash.

I had one dialogue where it crashed a couple of times in a row during the transition to battle (Orin/Okuu, to be exact).  I tried skipping through it using select (set to Spacebar for me, don't remember what the default key is), and it got to battle just fine.

Also, try setting "Foreground Presence" to OFF in the in-game menu.  For whatever reason, the game is somewhat more stable with that off.   If the transition to battle actually occurs and then the game crashes (basically, if any of the battle background is on the screen), or if it consistently crashes during a particular battle, try setting "Battle Effect" to OFF as well.
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2011, 02:31:24 AM »
Ok thanks for the tips. I'll just skip the scenes (which really sucks) and see if I have any more problems as I progress.
*You don't need a reason to help people*

« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2011, 05:04:13 AM »
Hmm...
For me the game crashes in the beginning and end of every single boss battle (currently I am in Youmu and Yuyuko) so far...
I am not sure wether this happens with the latest patch though - but with the previous ones this was a quite common
problem.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:09:59 PM by Tsalop »
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2011, 11:56:22 AM »
As for me, I'm getting crashes whenever a character does any move other than default attack (including enemies.) So I can get as far as the first enemy, and then even if I set my guys to all do just default attacks she crashes the game silently to desktop as soon as I'm done.

Win95 compatibility on, foreground presence/battle effect off don't seem to help (just makes the autoattacks not show animations - still crashes on anything else.)

EDIT: Ah. It may be because I can't update to 2.06. If I click a folder the patcher doesn't want, it goes to 100% but doesn't change anything, but if I click the folder I think it does want, it just hangs at 0% indefinitely and also doesn't change anything.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed. In case anyone has this trouble, what fixed it was deleting the translation game files and putting the old ones back, running the patcher, and then re-adding the translation files. Why that makes a difference I don't know but whatever, arcane machines computers are.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:51:15 PM by Shiri »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2011, 01:25:29 AM »
Oh no you didn't.

Upon finishing the first phase of the Final Boss Battle, after one of your characters goes "!", the game crashes.

« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2011, 06:22:57 PM »
Oh no you didn't.

Upon finishing the first phase of the Final Boss Battle, after one of your characters goes "!", the game crashes.

New patch that fixes that big issue, and a few small things; as always.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/refqsegg9i0dfdy/Game.pak

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2011, 07:37:41 PM »
...still crashing there ;_;

« Reply #293 on: September 11, 2011, 08:34:26 PM »
...still crashing there ;_;

Can you tell me any lines that happen before the crash. I can't find a solo "!" in the script.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2011, 08:39:40 PM »
Hmmm.

After you deplete their HP they say... well, I remember an "Aah..." although I'm not sure about how many a's or h's. And they then say something with Hakurei Shrine Maiden.

It takes awhile to whittle the hp down, but I could get the exact lines they say if you need it; I can beat the first phase pretty consistently.

« Reply #295 on: September 11, 2011, 09:33:10 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?f73ak166ahazn57
but i didn't know what was exactly wrong with ability png so i left it for now

« Reply #296 on: September 11, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?f73ak166ahazn57
but i didn't know what was exactly wrong with ability png so i left it for now

The translations for certain skills have changed. Hand Pocket is now Rebel, etc.

« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
ok there is an graphic problem whenever Remilia uses Scarlet Meister. Half the screen just go black when she is using it

« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:45 PM »

btw i read your email after doing all images :P