Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 417878 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Definitely translate the elements.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I don't really understand what is wrong with Fir, Thu, Wat, Dar, Lit, etc (or is that too much too?) but I'd be ok sticking with the Kanji while other things are still busy being translated. Such as the text while talking to NPC's past the story portions, or whatever.

What I really want is the monster sort by race encyclopedia portion translated >=P. I'm really confused as to what some of these races are. It's like there are 6 different ones that seem to be some kinda undead, and I have no clue which is which.. Why isn't patchy a magician race? wha. wha.. I'm confused.

edit: Just noticed a weird inconsistency. In mokou's skill tree thingie. Hand pockets says Rebel now in the menu, but still says hand pocket in the selection-specific section. She's not the only one, Youmu has this too but I figure that one is intentional becaue it's similar and shorter. But patchy's info depository is also different.
Sanae has 2 that are different youkai hunting/Extermination, wind priestess/blessing, Nitori has the last one.

edit: moar typo/bugs.
Sanae's 6th snake weapon yamato no Orachi says "multi-strike *2 weird box things here* 0%".. err somehow I don't think it means 0%.
Marisa's 6th broom has an unneeded quotation mark at the end of the middle line.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:56:52 AM by Ghaleon »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Patchouli is classified as a Transcendental (超越)

Don't ask me why

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
K I'll ask Newguy.. WHY  NEWGUY.. whyy!!!!

Err, umm. so yeah, in stage 17, when byakuren reads the sign by the entrance, she does the "blah blah blah"","","","",""," thing.

nestjack

• U MAD?
  • Nothing Personal, just - a so not "ordinary" guy
Hi, may i know the "real" requirement for this game to show its battle effect in full??
Because somehow whenever i use spell like: "Illusional Misdirection or Royal Flare/Silent Selene" i got so lagged [Fps drop from 50 - 57 to 28 - 10, resulting in delay of spell's battle effect and sound to show (only partial animation of the spell's that showed up)].

By the way, i still see a "blank" black box when i reach stage 6 netherworld [The box that usually show the name of the place?]. I'm using the latest game.pak and image.pak, running in XP, Japanese Locale, and in 95 compatibility. And whenever i want to speed a scene [and press enter/z rapidly] it crashed..

System:
---- System information ----
CPU name:
              Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory:
2047 MB
★ジョイスティックは使用できません。
----------------------------
---- Graphics card information ----
Graphics card name:
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (Microsoft Corporation)
Total video memory of adapter:
252 MB
Maximum texture width:
4096 Pixel
Maximum texture height:
4096 Pixel
Adapter mode:
Hardware TnL
Pixel Shader 2.0:
Yes
-----------------------------------
Sig? What's sig..
Chaotic FAIL!

I forgot to mention the few discrepancies in abilties.csv in the names of each skill tree. The ones on the right are actually images, so it'll be Matherikus that needs to edit them, I believe. The differences I found (or differenecs that appeared due to need to be shortened because of space limits on the left side or so on) are:

Sanae
Wind Blessing -> Wind Priestess
Youkai Extermination -> Youkai Hunting
Patchouli
Information Depository -> Knowledge Storage
Nitori
Strengthen Weaponry -> Equip Enhance
Youmu
Human Realm Sword -> Manussya
Deva Realm Sword -> Devaloka
Asura Sword -> Asura
Cirno
Fairy power -> Fairy Power
Remilia
Supernatural Strength -> Supernatural

I would generally prefer them to be the same on both sides of the Growth screen.

For the elements, in the item.csv I'm slowly, painfully checking through, I've so far standardized them as FIR, WTR, ETH, ELE, LGT, DRK, MYS, SLA, STA and STK, similar to LoT. I think those should probably be able to fit. What do you mean by the land modification moves using the kanji though? You mean in the animations?

Right so Serv2_01.png, Serv1_00.png and 冥界.png need to be finished and the growth skills need to be made consistent.
It'll be up to Matherikus  to see how the elements fit as well.

When enemies use the control land skill the game displays, "[Kanji] Land Power has risen"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I think the land thing isn't a big issue because it's really easy to tell what element was raised due to animation. And because the land gauges are colored, too.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

well i had problems guessing what element is what in enemy catalogue.
So if i can get some final version of elements (these signs were quite good, but well i need final approval), i can't without problem add them in all images

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The sword "Brunhilde" has a description that runs off the screen.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Aye, and at stage 18 when you look at the tip thing by Reimu's place, it says
"There's a shortcut to the lakebottom palace near *runs out of the window and doesn't return here* genbu Vall *runs off the screen*".

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Actually EQUIPPED Brunhilde, and noticed another thing :V

It raises Resistance, not Defense, unlike the description says. :3

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Missing translation.. before stage 19 boss youmu stops and says "did you all hear anything?
Reimu responds: *kanji*
then Remu says: "I didn't..."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Game crashes right before the fight with Stage 15 boss
Spoiler:
Genji
starts. Not a big issue at least because no text is missed if you see it once and crash, then skip the dialouge the next time. Off to beat the crap out of it~

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Genji didn't crash for me, did you try to replicate it?
Anyway, after beating the stage 19 boss, Reimu says this for some reason:
http://i53.tinypic.com/bg8e2u.png

If context is needed to translate it went something like this:
Reimu: "We pwnt you, now stop what you're doing bish"
badgirl: " I refuse"
Reimu: "*screenshot*"

I'm not sure as to the feasibility, but what about using icons for the elements on the status screens (along the lines of, say, FFVI)?  The trick would be figuring out an icon to represent Mystic, I guess.

well i had problems guessing what element is what in enemy catalogue.
So if i can get some final version of elements (these signs were quite good, but well i need final approval), i can't without problem add them in all images

http://www.mediafire.com/?ft040te5tes9f36
Serv2_01.png, Serv1_00.png 冥界.png and Item_Text2.png need translations. The growth skill names should be changed as Deranged mentioned, too.
Here is a text file that should have the translations for those images, not the changes though.

You can try applying the elements using Deranged's abbreviations, or with the most recent icons from a few pages ago. You can show us how they compare.   

I've taken the liberty of going through the image translations as well; the version can be found here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pfe7l2cdsex2yo2

Most of them are minor typo or consistency fixes, though there were a few images that apparently weren't identified as needing translation in the first sweep; I've since added them to the main file. The other text file imagetrans_changes denotes the files that were either not marked for translation in the original file TheNewGuy posted, or whose translations I have changed since.

I know this isn't exactly a translation question, but any chance of a modified Satori chance to learn things?  1% chance to learn spells from bosses when you can only roll the learn chance once a battle is really, really, really dumb.  At the least lemme know how to unpack, change, and repack the file myself?  :)  I would personally probably make all spells base 33% (assuming her learning skill is +200% as stated, and not 200% better), so that maxed learning skill would always learn spells.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I know this isn't exactly a translation question, but any chance of a modified Satori chance to learn things?  1% chance to learn spells from bosses when you can only roll the learn chance once a battle is really, really, really dumb.  At the least lemme know how to unpack, change, and repack the file myself?  :)  I would personally probably make all spells base 33% (assuming her learning skill is +200% as stated, and not 200% better), so that maxed learning skill would always learn spells.

Do the translators have that power? I'm not sure if the game mechanics are part of the scripts extracted when translating.
But are they? If so I'd be very interested myself.

The drop rates of this game are flat out stupid. I'm near winning the game, and I have yet to get a SINGLE damn of countless objects, Devil hearts, dragon scales, emeralds, diamonds, any character's items sans reimu/sakuya.
It'd be really nice to make a mod that loosens up on these stupid rates. I like hard games, but bad %s is fake difficulty imo, and if anything, you can substitute it for REAL difficulty by doing shit at lower levels without having no gear because you aren't lucky with horseshoes up your ass.

well, looking at the item.csv (that had the spells Satori learned) they have a column with the learning chances on it, so I would hope you could just change that number and repack it into the game.pak.  If so, if someone could point me to how to unpack/repack, I can do it myself!  ^_^

Dunno about item drop rates, but probably in monster data, yeah.

Serv2_01.png, Serv1_00.png 冥界.png and Item_Text2.png need translations. The growth skill names should be changed as Deranged mentioned, too.
Here is a text file that should have the translations for those images, not the changes though.

You can try applying the elements using Deranged's abbreviations, or with the most recent icons from a few pages ago. You can show us how they compare.
So i corrected Serv2_01, don't know what was wrong with serv1_00, i didn't save 冥界 to png, and i refuse to translate Item_Text2.png  ITS WAAAY to small i don't think something like "Large Pierce" can be readable forced into 2 kanji space.
Well i will try to do something about it tomorrow, likewise with elements.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 03:47:12 PM by Matherikus »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Probably a good idea for the element tab color things to keep to the ones the game originally uses; especially due to the land gauge coloring. It's not assumable that blue-green is Elec on the land gauge when it's associated with Yellow on the status screen! Hee~

That can possibly be easily fixed in 10 seconds if it's as simple a matter as using color-fill functions, but I'm not sure how pixellated those symbols are or aren't.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:28:17 PM by T-Serela »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t9w9j5k34bqq5w5/Img.pak
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1vbsiym4b44wrz/Game.pak

New patch. Fixes, newly translated stuff, etc.

Awesome, thanks for all the work everyone's putting in.  :)

How are you unpacking/repacking?  I couldn't find any tool that would recognize the files.  (I wanted to tweak the learning values for myself to prevent insanity.)

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
Awesome, thanks for all the work everyone's putting in.  :)

How are you unpacking/repacking?  I couldn't find any tool that would recognize the files.  (I wanted to tweak the learning values for myself to prevent insanity.)
The hacking fairy writes the tools.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
The hacking fairy writes the tools.

Is that code for "You have to ask his permission for the tools"?
That guy is busy, and nice for helping us so much (not just this game, countless others), but he's scary! *hides*. so before I might eventually risk my neck asking him for favors, is there in fact, any evidence to show that you can mod the game's values such as drop rates and such from those files? >=P.

Is that code for "You have to ask his permission for the tools"?
That guy is busy, and nice for helping us so much (not just this game, countless others), but he's scary! *hides*. so before I might eventually risk my neck asking him for favors, is there in fact, any evidence to show that you can mod the game's values such as drop rates and such from those files? >=P.

I suppose I should finally talk about this.
I have no intention of handing out the tools given to me, you'd require all the materials and some knowledge in order to make a working game.pak and I have no interest in undergoing the effort and hand holding that would require. I'd ask that you don't bother the hacker about it either, heaven knows I bug him plenty-- he's been still continuously providing updates to the tools used to insert the new translations we've gotten.

I do understand that some percents are rather silly, a few moves are basically unlearnable as is. 
item.csv definitely contains the % change and level data for learning moves, though I'm doubtful that changing the values would safely have the desired effect. Even if it did, I'd have to modify a move, then slam Satori into it and see what happens. For items I'd need to check what drops what; as only rates, not the items are in there.
IF I were to do this, I'd have no intention of trying to gimp the game. There would only be slight modifications.

This would all take time, effort and testing; all for something that isn't key.
I'll poke into it, eventually. But no guarantees.
Sorry.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I think I was misunderstood completely. I'm no beginner to modding games. I was interested in the tools so I could hopefully tinker with this stuff myself, and maybe release something myself. Heck, if you don't know I scripted the translation for Touhou pocket wars Evolution (not that that was my biggest coding/scripting accomplishment by a longshot, but it is to the touhou/doujin gaming community. Note I had alot of the hacking-fairy's TPW not-Evo's scripts to use as reference, though the coding similarities between the two was actually more different than you (and myself) would expect), though I had some serious RL issues when I did TPW Evo's expansion, and basically shoved all of the leftover work to Kojiremi (or whatever he calls himself now, I haven't seen him for awhile actually *feels guilty*) since he felt left out that he didn't do much for TPWEVO (when he infact was the guy that inspired me to do it in the first place cuz of his work updating the original TPW translation patch for 1.6.. or 1.06.. or whatever the heck it was)..

That paragraph was supposed to be a sentence, I just didn't want to claim credit for more than I did, and what I did with that was complicated. But the point was that I wouldn't bother anybody for any help with anything provided I had the tools, if I needed it, I doubt it, but I would ask publicly to anybody in general without expecting any, and obviously nobody would offer help if they didn't want to since they wouldn't read such a subject in the first place. Soo.. yeah. Hacking fairy/the 5 other names I know did all the hacking for TPW too, I couldn't have done it without him, and I'm sure this wouldn't be possible without him too. But the extraction tools are already made. If for some reason, he didn't want them shared (he asked you not to), I wont bother you for them, honest, but I CAN promise that I wont bother him, or you, or anybody for that matter about help making optional mods to the game.

As you said though, the data extracted comes in %'s without clear associations to what they modify, this is too much work for too little benefit for my blood. If that's true I have no interest, and I honestly wouldn't want to bother you or hacking fairy to fix that issue even if you wanted to. That guy seems to hack EVERY Touhou translation project. And the fact is I'd be more than happy to see him move off to another game after this rather than waste time refining his hacking tools so that drop rates and whatnot were more clear after extraction.

edit: Derp, forgot, hackign fairy didn't hack all the tools for tpw, he told me about existing tools to "hack" them because they were scripted using some ...I forget the name. some VN scripting thingie called moomoo or something. not moomoo, I really forget the name. Some sickeningly cute sounding 2 syllable repeated name lol.

Another edit: Sorry if I wasn't clear. If you, or anybody wasn't comfortable with giving out the tools, I wont ask it from you. But you specified the reasons, and I just wanted to make sure you knew that my own reasons didn't seem to match what you thought they did based on how you responded. If you had other reasons (whether you care to talk about them or not) I wont pester you more...I just didn't want you or anybody else to think that I expected help making trivial optional mods for the game or anything. I simply wanted tools to do something myself if people were willing to give them (if they were theirs to give, if hacking fairy told you to keep it to yourself, I'll respect that...I don't want to be that guy's enemy, he bites >=p ).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:55:32 AM by Ghaleon »

Wall

My comment was not addressed specifically towards you -- it was more towards Dana, I suppose. I merely quoted you as you were the last one to bring this up. No need to panic, or defend yourself.
I tend to be firm when it comes to business, but I don't want to scare people away.

As for your reasons behind your interest in these tools, I find they are misplaced. These tools are specifically for this game, you wouldn't find them any help in attempting anything else.
The best way to start is to pick up some books on C++  and low-level programming. Every game is a different beast and the hackers have gained their skills over years of work.
Staring at glorious code wont help you as much as you'd wish it would, trust me I know that.

Now then:
Recent patch had some Alice skill names misplaced. Will upload the fixed one later, please let me know if any monster names, formations, skills, items or whatever have gained odd formatting errors.