Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 417630 times)

Before entering stage 6 for the first time...

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/516/gosmissingstagename.jpg

Looks like the name of the stage was forgotten here or something.  It's just a black rectangle.

Other than that (And not being able to tell the exact bonus you get from Byakuren's Flying Fantastica LW right now), I haven't seen any major bugs.  No crashes whatsoever at this point either.

Grab the game.pak from the opening post. Should fix her LW.

Don't know if this helps, but I re-installed the game, updated to patch 2.06 and used the Game and Img paks provided in the first post.
I tried starting the game all over again, but for the most part it crashes after Reimu's first three lines in the opening. In the rest it crashes after she notices the mist and goes to investigate.
I still have my old save (played pre-expansion, just before the triple maid battle) and I'll probably try actually playing later today. I gave it a look and liked what I saw, especially the translated skills were candy for my eyes (despite some untranslated spots).
EDIT: Silly me, I didn't have the game on Win95 compatibility mode. Now it works  :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:36:39 PM by treemu »

try running in window 95 compatibility mode

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
Well, I think I found out why Sappheiros kept crashing.

I have a habit of running japanese games through Microsoft Applocale, since most of them require that I do. Running Sappheiros without it has improved stability - that is to say, it doesn't crash anymore, but it does take a bit more CPU power than it used to when going through the Growth menu.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Well, I think I found out why Sappheiros kept crashing.

I have a habit of running japanese games through Microsoft Applocale, since most of them require that I do. Running Sappheiros without it has improved stability - that is to say, it doesn't crash anymore, but it does take a bit more CPU power than it used to when going through the Growth menu.
Apparently this is the best way to run it, but for some reason double-clicking it normally does nothing for me...applocale is the only way it works.  :wat:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
It....seems to work fine for me without Applocale, except for the occasional CPU spike.

Apparently this is the best way to run it, but for some reason double-clicking it normally does nothing for me...applocale is the only way it works.  :wat:

Have you changed your language for non unicode programs to Japanese? This is always preferable to applocale.
Control Panel->Region and Languages->admin.  In case you didn't know.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
I haven't even done that, and it runs fine ???

Back from short vacations, is there something left for me to do?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Back when I was working on tpwevo, the game would not run at all if I used applocale, but it worked fine if I didn't use it. After months of work my text formatting in-game was off center while deranged's was not, he said "lul use applocal Noob" and I replied " I can't qq"... But all of a sudden magically I could, yet without the translation patch I still could not.

So... If applocale doesn't work, just try to try it again after each release. I have no damn idea of what made it work suddenly or not, but as soon as it did work, it was an improvement over regular launching.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
The game always crashes for me upon meeting Iku right when the party says "oh? You're...". Getting rid of game.pak and replacing it with the original japanese file fixes the problem.

edit: Sorry didn't realize I made the last post.
MEANT to edit:
here's a save file if you need to test IKU
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BPE7HU11
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:47:15 AM by Ghaleon »

The game always crashes for me upon meeting Iku right when the party says "oh? You're...". Getting rid of game.pak and replacing it with the original japanese file fixes the problem.

edit: Sorry didn't realize I made the last post.
MEANT to edit:
here's a save file if you need to test IKU
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BPE7HU11

I just fixed this.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:24:53 PM by TheNewGuy »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Sweet thanks for the fast update...Unfortunately I found another crashbug very shortly afterwards, and again, 95 doesn't work, and dumping the patch altogether does.

After solving the total BS switch puzzle between stages 13 and 14, when you go north and you come to a cutscene where tenshi is talking to herself on a chair, she says something like "when are they coming". After which, you hear a "ding" like you hear whenever someone is surprised or something, , and the game crashes. With Japanese game.pak, the "ding" is Tenshi opening her eyes and getting a startled emote thing suddenly, along with scary music. In English, you hear the ding, but no opening of the eyes and no startle expression, but it DOES get the scary music then it freezes.

Will upload a save file if needed just before the crash.

Edit: Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0VTRCM7L

Just head north from that point.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:07:49 AM by Ghaleon »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Sweet thanks for the fast update...Unfortunately I found another crashbug very shortly afterwards, and again, 95 doesn't work, and dumping the patch altogether does.

After solving the total BS switch puzzle between stages 13 and 14, when you go north and you come to a cutscene where tenshi is talking to herself on a chair, she says something like "when are they coming". After which, you hear a "ding" like you hear whenever someone is surprised or something, , and the game crashes. With Japanese game.pak, the "ding" is Tenshi opening her eyes and getting a startled emote thing suddenly, along with scary music. In English, you hear the ding, but no opening of the eyes and no startle expression, but it DOES get the scary music then it freezes.

Will upload a save file if needed just before the crash.

Edit: Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0VTRCM7L

Just head north from that point.
Just checked it out on my end.  Didn't get crashed at all after replaying the cutscene at least 10 times.  Might be another case of a crash that only effects certain computer setups?
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I get the Tenshi crash too.

And I realized this while playing my own save, sadly :c
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z99yafb7v026npe/Game.pak

Fixed the Tenshi crash, and another crash that happens way later.

Stage 14 is such a pain...

Palewolf

• バカ狼ですよ
Small spelling error before the fight with Reisen "Did you eRjoy my hallucinations?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Actually, I believe the problem is the latter half of the letter turns invisible or gets cut off or something.

I've noticed this sometimes with other letters, where it's a little more obvious because it doesn't look like a different letter.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
I've been meaning to point this one out forever and keep forgetting - in party selection, Byakuren's name is correct in the list, but when you select her it's "Byakure".

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

I've been meaning to point this one out forever and keep forgetting - in party selection, Byakuren's name is correct in the list, but when you select her it's "Byakure".

Wow, can't believe I missed that.
It's something for Matherikus to fix. 

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Hehe, yeah, I noticed that and just sorta forgot about it.

Anyway, here's a legit typo to fix! After you beat Tenshi, Reimu says "ansurd". Full line vvv

Spoiler:
Why did you do such an ansurd thing like declaring yourself the culprit...?

I believe you already know this one...
There is a typo in SDM: scarlet zcity.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Somehow the game crashes after beating Sakuya and Patchouli (to be exact,
after Reimu has told the lot to stop messing around and go for Remilia).

I have the latest patch,
and I am running the game in 95 compatibility mode (also my computers locale is Japan).

EDIT: Okay... I tried this several times. For some reason, the game doesn't crash anymore.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:07:49 AM by Tsalop »
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

here

I've run into something of an odd issue: I can't get the Sakuya's Great Maid weapon at all. I can get every other piece of equipment I have access, including her first tier weapon, just not that one. Which is actually a huge pain because I'm about to fight
Spoiler:
Komachi
. I got the latest packages from the OP, and I've tried with the original ones too. I'm really not sure what the deal is. I dunno if it's got anything to do with the patch, but I figured I should mention it here anyway.

My save file is here just in case.

e: I also just found out that Cheat Engine won't work with the game anymore, whether patched or unpatched. Kinda peculiar.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:04:13 PM by Battler »

Game seems to crash at the first Tenshi scene on stage 14. I'm sure I'm running it on all the right requirements such as Jap locale, 95 compatibility and have the latest patch. Also switching to the original does fix it

Equip is misspelled on the Stats screen.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2cmunag.png

btw is someone could give me final version of elements, i could add them to images.

Using your save file I see that you already have the great maid weapon!

Game seems to crash at the first Tenshi scene on stage 14. I'm sure I'm running it on all the right requirements such as Jap locale, 95 compatibility and have the latest patch. Also switching to the original does fix it
I thought I fixed that, you may not have had the latest game.pak.

btw is someone could give me final version of elements, i could add them to images.

I think it just may be best to leave the Kanji. The in game land elements modifying moves use the kanji, consistency wise. 
No harm in people learning some Kanji. I would like to hear people's opinions on this though.

Also: 冥界.png has no text.

Thanks for your work as always.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I think it just may be best to leave the Kanji. The in game land elements modifying moves use the kanji, consistency wise. 
No harm in people learning some Kanji. I would like to hear people's opinions on this though.
If I was going to learn the Kanji, I'd pretty much need to have a piece of paper in front of me to tell me which was what. My handwriting is NOWHERE near neat enough to make this myself (My handwriting is really, really bad. I tend to cross out my name after writing it and write it again because it's entirely illegible. This is with simple english letters, kanji would be nightmarish :c)

But I mean, isn't the point of a translation patch so we DON'T have to do that? ^^;

It's okay on the character status screen because coloring (Even if it took awhile to figure out Elec/Light/Mystic. Elec is greenish blue... so that Light gets Yellow, I guess. And then mystic is bright green, well okay... but augh, the physical ones, have to peek at my equipment to see which I'm resisting.)

But on the enemy catalouge, they're all monochrome, bleh. Now I realize I should screenshot the character screen, make pointers to which physical is which, and then use that as a guideline whenever I check the enemy weaknesses (Goddamn hard to damage Elite Mindflayers okay?! ;_;). But it'd be appreciated if those were actually translated instead, since it's not like it'd be a particularly difficult job. At the very least just sticking one or two letters on the enemy catalouge monochromes, so we can tell which is which, would be cool. Earth/Elec and Sword/Smash would need two, while the rest would be fine with one. Or just two on all of them for consistency, but I'm not sure if 2 letters would require them to be really small and hard to read for all instead of just 2 situations.

I wouldn't mind much if the character status screen ones kept using the Kanji, though, at least they're colored (Apart from physicals). It's just hard with the Youkai Encyclopedia entries when there's something I wanna look up a weakness for.