Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 417625 times)

fitting 3 letters? CRAZY (nah not really can be done "left" probably would be better)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
If you can do "left," then how about "next?"

ITS PERFECTO

btw i don't know why "left" is in Org_C02 instead of AT

ITS PERFECTO

btw i don't know why "left" is in Org_C02 instead of AT

We actually need room for the numbers there. Might as well make it Left like in CO2. It's present in Status_Base and the Window_Front series, as well.

numbers? who need number s all you need to know that next level is coming someday!
(i will change it tomorrow)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
I just found a serious error regarding abilities - all those ones that adds the mysterious "land effects" in descriptions? They're not land effects nor do they have anything to do with land. They're elemental strength (ie they increase the damage done via elemental weakness, and damage resisted via elemental resistance).

Affected abilties:
Reimu's 1pt, 7pt and 20pt abilities of her first tree
Marisa's 1pt, 7pt and 20pt abilities of her Astronomy tree
Sanae's 3pt ability of her Youkai Extermination tree
Patchouli's 10pt ability of her Spirit Magic tree
Nitori's commander ability, 1pt, 7pt and 16pt abilities of her Research tree (Nitori's ability descriptions are a mess anyways)
Byakuren's 3pt ability Air Scroll tree
Mokou's 3pt ability Phoenix tree
Cirno's 1pt ability Fairy Power tree
16pt ability of Sword tree

I just found a serious error regarding abilities - all those ones that adds the mysterious "land effects" in descriptions? They're not land effects nor do they have anything to do with land. They're elemental strength (ie they increase the damage done via elemental weakness, and damage resisted via elemental resistance).

Affected abilties:
Reimu's 1pt, 7pt and 20pt abilities of her first tree
Marisa's 1pt, 7pt and 20pt abilities of her Astronomy tree
Sanae's 3pt ability of her Youkai Extermination tree
Patchouli's 10pt ability of her Spirit Magic tree
Nitori's commander ability, 1pt, 7pt and 16pt abilities of her Research tree (Nitori's ability descriptions are a mess anyways)
Byakuren's 3pt ability Air Scroll tree
Mokou's 3pt ability Phoenix tree
Cirno's 1pt ability Fairy Power tree
16pt ability of Sword tree

Thanks! As I've said,many things were taken from the wiki, so stuff like this is to be expected. Thanks for finding it.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
No time to do actual proof-reading, but if you want me to do some minor checking, please point me to the stuff you need checked and/or cross-referenced.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I just crashed the game 3 times now doing the same thing. In the sunflower dungeon, whenever I encounter an enemy that looks like a hanging fanged peanut from a leafy branch thing.. err.. or a pea, or something. anyway:
http://i56.tinypic.com/xodrly.png
That one. Whenever I select it, the game crashes, before it gets selected so.. I'm not pointing at the right enemy when the game crashed of course. Crashes in windoze 95 mode for me too (I don't seem to need to use 95 mode but I tried just in case).

edit: NM I'm a herpderp. I forgot to test it out without the patch. I crash either way.
Anybody know why? blah.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:23:46 AM by Ghaleon »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2p82jjzc6g5mqby/Img.pak
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vzlo8r2q47zmjdt/Game.pak

New patch version. Fixed the misaligned settings screen, a crash when receiving a new formation from Kaguya, numerous "" errors fixed, shield elements shortened.
New translations added for escape, surprise attacks, last words, monster names and descriptions and more.

Let me know how Byakuren's last word looks in-game, since that's luck based It's hard to me make appear. 

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
I just crashed the game 3 times now doing the same thing. In the sunflower dungeon, whenever I encounter an enemy that looks like a hanging fanged peanut from a leafy branch thing.. err.. or a pea, or something. anyway:
http://i56.tinypic.com/xodrly.png
That one. Whenever I select it, the game crashes, before it gets selected so.. I'm not pointing at the right enemy when the game crashed of course. Crashes in windoze 95 mode for me too (I don't seem to need to use 95 mode but I tried just in case).

edit: NM I'm a herpderp. I forgot to test it out without the patch. I crash either way.
Anybody know why? blah.
I had the exact same issue with the same monster.  Reinstalling fixed it, but this is now happening with another monster in my bestiary from Eientei, and reinstalling has not corrected it this time.  No idea why. :(

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Newest patch translated the monster names, so those don't crash your game anymore, right?

Also, Ghaleon said on the poosh thread that setting his non-unicode language to Japanese fixed it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Yeah applocale and Japanese region are the first solution one should try  solution to pretty much every touhou game (to the point that you should just do it by default). But I'm new to windows 7, so I wasn't really sure how to do it properly. As Serela stated, it's under controlpanels->clock,region,whatever->Region and language->Administrative tab (that's the part that I didn't try->change system locale.
That fixed it for me =).

Surprised reinstalling worked for you, it definitely didn't sound like the kind of crashbug that a reinstall would fix, especially if we coincidently got the same problem with the same enemy!

theshirn

Newest patch has corrected it anyway.

EDIT: Game now crashes when I try to talk to Akyu.  Still in chapter 9, haven't beaten the bosses yet.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:00:57 PM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Newest patch has corrected it anyway.

EDIT: Game now crashes when I try to talk to Akyu.  Still in chapter 9, haven't beaten the bosses yet.

Any idea if it's the generic dialogue, or if she wants to give you recipes for beating an earlier boss?

theshirn

Any idea if it's the generic dialogue, or if she wants to give you recipes for beating an earlier boss?
Generic dialogue, which is why I specified where I was.  I'll find out after taking down Reisen and Tewi if it crashes on new recipes too...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Silly typo for monster encyclopedia. monster 3, if you goto hints, it says "a vicious horney" instead of hornet.
edit: Skills that say "separate" under target have the 'te' overlap with the delay text. Perhaps "single" would be better?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:13:41 AM by Ghaleon »

Silly typo for monster encyclopedia. monster 3, if you goto hints, it says "a vicious horney" instead of hornet.
edit: Skills that say "separate" under target have the 'te' overlap with the delay text. Perhaps "single" would be better?

Single, Column. Line would probably be good.

Or if you wanted to be even more minimalistic, you could do One, ---, | though the second two might be a bit confusing.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Let me know how Byakuren's last word looks in-game, since that's luck based It's hard to me make appear.

Not sure what you did but it's broken now I think (the text anyway)
http://i56.tinypic.com/11c83gn.png

I've done it 3 times since, and fail to notice a % like before.

Not sure what you did but it's broken now I think (the text anyway)
http://i56.tinypic.com/11c83gn.png

I've done it 3 times since, and fail to notice a % like before.

Yeah it's just the text, because of how the game handles %'s.

Regarding the skill text: in the skill menu I used CD to represent cooldown. Currently in battle this is called "delay". Delay sounds like how long you must wait before a spell is cast, rather than the period between casts, so I used CD instead. So I just wanted to know your opinions about the terminology. 

hi there, sorry to bother but I'm using the newest translation patch and there seems to be a problem. Whenever I go the Growth in the menu and select a character the game just turn off, any idea?

hi there, sorry to bother but I'm using the newest translation patch and there seems to be a problem. Whenever I go the Growth in the menu and select a character the game just turn off, any idea?

First: Is your game at the expansion version 2.06? Second: Does this crash happen without the English patch? (Use the backup game.pak to put the game back into Japanese)
You have to be at the latest version to use the patch. If the problem is the second (something I experienced myself) you'll need to reinstall your game. You can preserver your save file, so no progress is lost. 

First: Is your game at the expansion version 2.06? Second: Does this crash happen without the English patch? (Use the backup game.pak to put the game back into Japanese)
You have to be at the latest version to use the patch. If the problem is the second (something I experienced myself) you'll need to reinstall your game. You can preserver your save file, so no progress is lost.
I see, the crash doesnt happen without the english patch. Do you have the link for v 2.06? I cant really find it

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I see, the crash doesnt happen without the english patch. Do you have the link for v 2.06? I cant really find it

http://www.gensoukyou.org/update/souzin206.exe

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
Sappheiros seems to crash in the very beginning, after the third line that Reimu says. I'm patched up to 1.07, using the translation patch from page 1 of this thread. Or is this patch intended for the expansion?

theshirn

Sappheiros seems to crash in the very beginning, after the third line that Reimu says. I'm patched up to 1.07, using the translation patch from page 1 of this thread. Or is this patch intended for the expansion?
Yes, it won't work without the expansion, fully patched to 2.06.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
well I'll be darned. I had 3 crashes when meeting tewi and she says lucky, I found a bamboo flower. But windoze95 mode actually fixed it. word. First crash I've had that that fixed >=P.

Edit: sorry! I forgot to mention, changing delay to CD sounds pefectly ok to me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:15:39 AM by Ghaleon »

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
I've been having crashes around the dialogue before Remi + Nitori fight.

Edit: And at the first time at Kourindou's.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:02:24 PM by Syanas »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
A lot of people seem to have random/inconsistent dialogue crashes that other people don't ever get. I wonder if it's related to the computer's OS and/or the game's graphic settings.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Before entering stage 6 for the first time...

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/516/gosmissingstagename.jpg

Looks like the name of the stage was forgotten here or something.  It's just a black rectangle.

Other than that (And not being able to tell the exact bonus you get from Byakuren's Flying Fantastica LW right now), I haven't seen any major bugs.  No crashes whatsoever at this point either.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4