Author Topic: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - GAME END  (Read 44627 times)

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - Day 3 LYLO (Player 1's Turn)
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »
I decided I should lynch the guy I am scumreading rather than talk myself out of it like I did in the other game.  Of course, now Dormio will be scum, so damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Dormio has at least been consistent, if not very helpful, but I want to believe that his .gif from Face Off was totally crumbing cop. 

Also I can't see a realistic scenario where scum!Dormio would gambit a fake guilty.  He didn't know Dan was the cop and Rawr had crumbed it just as heavily; if he had gambitted on Dan, and one of Serela or I had been the cop, he would be dead straight away.  The real cop would countervote, the guy he was accusing would countervote, and that's before any arguments.  Dormio wasn't a lynch candidate for today; it was always going to be ActionDan or Serela, because everybody knows I thought that Zakeri was town due to the Raikaria flip. 

##vote ActionDan

Well that's either GG or see you next phase for another episode of Let's Lynch Serela. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »
Good luck Serela. You'll need it to survive tomorrow.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2014, 01:44:21 PM »
Wait, shit, that's not right.
Tomorrow's not coming.
Because Dan is the cop.
And Sky Paladin just hammered him.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
ggwp

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2014, 01:45:51 PM »
Sigh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gg wp.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2014, 02:05:47 PM »
He didn't know Dan was the cop
It's confirmed that scum have a rolecop, you know...

But anyway welp~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2014, 02:16:30 PM »
Dan, the trouble is that you've towncleared/defended so many players, I can't accept your 'crumb', because at this point you could basically go back and say "oh yeah here is where I town cleared this person" for almost anybody.  Also, you're not the only one who said it. 

Rawr which he repeated a couple of times, which pretty much heavily crumbed he was a cop who had cleared me on night 1, and scum hit him thinking he was the cop.  I even thought he was the cop.  If I was a doc, I would have covered Rai night 1 and Rawr night 2.  It was obvious.  I assume Rawr did it to buy a hit away from the real roled townies. 

Anyway, why did you check NNR night 1 instead of Zakeri?  On day 1 you said:

Serela, if you're town, I want you to consider that up until this point in the game, you've believed everything Dormio and Dan have said.  Now one of them is definitely scum, so everything you've believed so far has been wrong.  Conversely, the people in my 'camp' - the ones you've wanted dead - Raikaria, Rawr, have both flipped town.  If you believe Dan, Dormio and Zak are scum, and I am therefore town. 

I'll bet if we had lynched Zak yesterday, regardless of his flip, Dan and Serela would still be willing to run up Raikaria for a lynch today, because you're still willing to flip Zak without having considered anything at all about Dan's interactions with players who are now confirmed town before coming to your 'decision' to trust Dan over Dormio. 

What is your reasoning for trusting Dan's word over Dormio's word, when up until now you were sure they were the only two players who were definitely town? 

Zak, what are your thoughts?

The only People I more or less town cleared were Dormio/Serela/Rawr.  Dormio you could have discounted because I said "Dormio has the slimmest of chances to be scum" which implies I didn't cop him.  I did call Serela strong town.  However if your going to identify a crumb, you should look at the "You're 100% town" as that crumb.  If you want to do a thought exercise, pretend that instead of Rawr, either me or Dormio died instead.  What would you think our results would be?  Mine I'm pretty sure would be clear, Dormio's would not be considering he entirely ignored everybody besides Raikaria and "I am not reading Sky's posts" does not translate to a cop clear at all. 

I agree that Rawr was hit with scum thinking he was a cop.  But not thinking he had an innocent on you.  Probably thinking he had a guilty on Zakeri the whole time.  "Quick thoughts -> Vote: Zakeri" ; "We're lynching Zakeri end of story"  would be sufficient guilty crumbs.  And if he did have an innocent, it would have been on Raikaria.

STOPPTWPTOAWPERTAERW:TOLEARPTLQERATAASTOP

STOP STOP
STOP

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »
GG wp scum.

Sky please throw your assiociation anal out the window

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2014, 02:18:17 PM »
And thanks for not giving any time for defense.
jesus

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
I decided I should lynch the guy I am scumreading rather than talk myself out of it like I did in the other game.  Of course, now Dormio will be scum, so damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Dormio has at least been consistent, if not very helpful, but I want to believe that his .gif from Face Off was totally crumbing cop. 

Also I can't see a realistic scenario where scum!Dormio would gambit a fake guilty.  He didn't know Dan was the cop and Rawr had crumbed it just as heavily; if he had gambitted on Dan, and one of Serela or I had been the cop, he would be dead straight away.  The real cop would countervote, the guy he was accusing would countervote, and that's before any arguments.  Dormio wasn't a lynch candidate for today; it was always going to be ActionDan or Serela, because everybody knows I thought that Zakeri was town due to the Raikaria flip. 

##vote ActionDan

Well that's either GG or see you next phase for another episode of Let's Lynch Serela.

And that's why you voted.

wow.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #400 on: June 12, 2014, 02:20:41 PM »
W/e peace.

Dormio played a good game.

Zak played just fine.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
Back to lurking for me.

Not worth it to play as town as possible just to lose because of a derp

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »
Dan's play was glorious this game and he got chased by Raikaria over things that seriously weren't even things that make people scummy (weird logic is one thing, logic that "no, that thing you're saying that means someone is scummy, it's seriously not something that's scummy" is a whole different matter), and lynched in lylo because SkyPal didn't wait for anyone else to discuss things with him :/
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #403 on: June 12, 2014, 03:01:21 PM »
Hammer please wait warmly for Polly-kun to wake up girls

« Reply #404 on: June 12, 2014, 03:43:58 PM »
Bah!

« Reply #405 on: June 12, 2014, 04:42:56 PM »
Hammering while the mod is asleep >:< so mean

Ahem...

Player 1 decided to make their move, and managed to gain control of the space they chose, but ActionDan, suspected of being a spy for Player 2, was shot somewhere along the way.

ActionDan was lynched! He was the Town Cop.

When it was revealed that ActionDan was not a spy, Player 1 was so enraged that he ordered that everyone else be executed.

Serela was endgamed! He was a Vanilla Townie.
Sky Paladin was endgamed! He was a Vanilla Townie.

At this, the citizens under Player 1's rule were outraged at the terrible behavior that Player 1 was displaying, and began to call for an execution. It was revealed that the deaths apparently caused by Player 2 were actually fabricated by the government to put Player 2 in a bad light, and was not caused by Player 2 in any way! Also, Player 1 was having an affair! These scandals rose up one by one, and Player 1's good name was ruined forever.

Meanwhile, Player 2 completed the powerful Three-in-a-Row Formation (which they were clearly planning to do all along) and took over the Tic-Tac-Toe Gameboard and ruled strictly but fairly, and the citizens under Player 2's rule lived happily ever after.

Dormio, Mafia Goon, and Zakeri, Mafia Rolecop, have won the game!

Scum QT
Mod QT (Roles and night actions can be found here.)
Graveyard
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:45:39 PM by Polaris »

Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - GAME END
« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2014, 05:00:03 PM »
I'm looking over for Interactions, and I've only gotten to post 250 which is page five for me, but I think I've got it.
The most damning piece was early day one, when Serela Randomly votes ActionDan. In post 25, he says "Can I do something stupid yet? I'm already voting Dan", and then he wagon hops onto the Dormio Wagon, stating in advanced he knew it would seem scummy, which is what Bard and Dormio picked up on.
This is immediately followed by them avoiding discussing each other's status (Dan says Serela is null, then later admits he has a good case on him, but then later they both arbitrarily decide the other is never-lynch-town.)

In 197, Serela tries to put forth that Active Dan is obviously town, but admits in the same point that scummy activity is still scummy - which is a weird half-stance to take. It feels like he's trying to ignore Dan's content for the sake of not lynching dan and saying he's town at the same time, which discourages other players from looking into it.

As for Sky, He's mostly clean. He sometimes grills both Serela and Dan, and I feel the way he talks to dan indicates that he wants Dan to give more information for the sake of town, which is most likely not scum fueled, especially since Dan is already being active - a scum partner wouldn't have to remind him to post more in this game.

Basically, I think the scum team has to be-wait, we won already? When did this happen? Why am I still reading the game then?

« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »
That was five hours well spent. :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2014, 05:03:12 PM »
but admits in the same point that scummy activity is still scummy - which is a weird half-stance to take
This would have been a misrep anyway, I never said Dan's activity was scummy- I just meant that even if Dan's being active for once and that seems gloriously town, IF his content is scummy then yeah; it's followed by looking over Dan's content and deciding it wasn't

« Reply #409 on: June 12, 2014, 05:07:15 PM »
It's confirmed that scum have a Roleclop, you know...
But I was roleblocked Day one. :v

This would have been a misrep anyway, I never said Dan's activity was scummy- I just meant that even if Dan's being active for once and that seems gloriously town, IF his content is scummy then yeah; it's followed by looking over Dan's content and deciding it wasn't
That wasn't what I meant, I was trying to portray it as a sort of "I'm choosing to look at Dan on an Artificial level so I can say he's town without having an actual reason." I don't think your post actually stated that you thought his content was not scummy, but since it was ambiguous, it made for a really good point of attack.

« Reply #410 on: June 12, 2014, 05:14:03 PM »
I feel pretty disappointed  :colbert:

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #411 on: June 12, 2014, 05:37:52 PM »
I thought it was Dan and Zak.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

ActionDan

« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2014, 05:55:43 PM »
I'll look into it later tomorrow after I sleep. I still have to look over who of Sky or Serela is Dan's partner, which I'm not really looking forward to, especially since Dormio will be the NK if we lynch Dan.

Btw This was a huge slip as well that I would have pointed out in the post to Sky.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2014, 05:58:17 PM »
Also, since I'm a good person, I want to point this out for Sky in the future

Dormio wasn't a lynch candidate for today; it was always going to be ActionDan or Serela, because everybody knows I thought that Zakeri was town due to the Raikaria flip.

Not only that, but it's probably detrimental to get into scumpair theroies. One of my most successful scum games, I had paired myself up with Serela and buddied with him really hard, and my actual scum buddy has decided to wagon against Serela and buddy up with another townie. The Lylo ended with 2 out of five people voting for the Townies were buddies up with instead of me or my scumbuddy - Scum can weaponize scumpair theories very easily.

The 2/5 thing was confusing, but what I meant was that the lylo wagon ended up being on the two townies instead of us. Not only that, but If I hadn't been impaitient, I could have waited for the last townie to hammer one of them himself.

cut: Which part of that was a slip?
I'm guessing it was the forced reassurance that Dormio would die, which really didn't need to be stated but I subconsciously felt like it did.

ActionDan

« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2014, 06:11:23 PM »
no it was the part about having to think about which of Serela/Sky was my buddy.  It had to be Serela.  town!Zak = Scum!Dan = Cop!Dormio = Innocent!Sky.

You might not have thought of that if you were scum immediately

Don't lynch me.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2014, 06:54:18 PM »
dan couldnt have been more obvtown i dont know how anyone thought he was scum this game  ???

also dormio's scumtell is that he's a complete ass for no reason :V

anyway gg
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:18:29 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #416 on: June 12, 2014, 06:58:37 PM »
also yeah, getting a tic-tac-toe on the board would have been an autowin, but I ignored all questions on it because I didn't want you guys to ignore scumhunting for the tic-tac-toe. If the tic-tac-toe happened to coincidentally occur as a side effect of scumhunting or nightkilling then it would be funnier, after all.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #417 on: June 12, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »
also yeah, getting a tic-tac-toe on the board would have been an autowin, but I ignored all questions on it because I didn't want you guys to ignore scumhunting for the tic-tac-toe. If the tic-tac-toe happened to coincidentally occur as a side effect of scumhunting or nightkilling then it would be funnier, after all.
I thought you would have o set up for a win and make x make a stupid move if a scum was lynched.  I didn't think anyone controlled that board at all???

« Reply #418 on: June 12, 2014, 07:28:40 PM »
I thought you would have o set up for a win and make x make a stupid move if a scum was lynched.  I didn't think anyone controlled that board at all???

Oh, I guess only the players might have known, but each player was a space (9 players = 9 spaces), and lynching a player meant placing an O in that player's space, while nightkilling a player meant placing an X in that player's space.

« Reply #419 on: June 12, 2014, 08:10:25 PM »
no it was the part about having to think about which of Serela/Sky was my buddy.  It had to be Serela.  town!Zak = Scum!Dan = Cop!Dormio = Innocent!Sky.

You might not have thought of that if you were scum immediately
I completely forgot about the other result Dormio claimed until this post.
yeah I guess it did point to me being his scumbuddy.