Author Topic: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - GAME END  (Read 44646 times)

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - Day 2 (Player 1's Turn)
« Reply #270 on: June 10, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »
Dan's blanket defence of Serela, #232.  Sorry, I didn't realise your name was Serela, Dan. 
I disagree with about everything he concludes or otherwise even says.
Naturally. 
I think his town worth system is flawed and a useless exercise. 
I'll be interested to see post-game if this is so.  I do agree it is flawed and inaccurate.  It's just a paper based version, after all.  I'll keep working on the software. 
It's way more believable that Serela voted for you due to his stated reason of looking at Dormio's #139 and perceiving a contradiction in what Dormio highlighted in your post.
I categorically disagree, because Serela explicitly stated in her 143 that;
re-looking over the part of SkyPal's post Bard Dormio just singled out is, yeah, just from that it's way better of a lynch than NNR or CF7
We know that Serela made her wagon hop/vote switch because of one of those two points. 
Those points are:
Point 1 - I would policy lynch Serela for being useless and also for tunneling Dormio most of the game.  The vote was the laziest and she has done nothing to improve her vote except argue with Dormio.
//Voting me because I have stated an intent to lynch her for being useless and tunneling Dormio. 
Point 2 - I think Dormio is bad for focusing largely only on Serela's vote, when he could (and should) have drilled CF7 and ActionDan for their shitvotes.
//Voting me because I am attacking a person who is attacking her?  Unlikely.
Perhaps Serela can clarify. 

Dan's point 2;
Concerning the 'I thought Sky might turn into a viable wagon,' that's in response to my post #152 which directly challenges the viability of your wagon D1.  It's like an addendum instead of what it looks like when you present it in juxtaposition with the above, which is an entirely different reason.  Of course your complaint is 'evidence for scum vote hopper' which is a complete non-issue.
You said this;
"It kinda sucks that Sky/Serela are still sticking to their own thing."

Serela said this:
"Dan:I thought Sky might suddenly turn into a viable wagon as a change of events, but if it doesn't then, yeah, I'm going to have to make my mind up about one of those three."
I cut it down to the relevant section, which is:
"I thought Sky might suddenly turn into a viable wagon as a change of events."

Please explain how I presented it in any light other than it actually appeared, which was a deliberate attempt to purely wagon unrelated to scum hunting. 

Firstly you have labeled a section "Scummy defends" which is obvious from your point value system but the key is why do you have defense as scummy?
I believe certain types of defends are scummy, e.g. mutual defends, blanket defends, excessively targeted defends, wifom defends ("I think player xyz is town because (wifom)) etc etc.  I covered this in better detail in #235.

Second at least for my case it seems the math is wrong since you have me as "pressuring" NNR and Zak once each but defending Dormio 5 times Serela once, so it should be 2-6 = -4 instead of -1
Pressuring is a towny action because it invites investigation of both the pressed player and the player applying the pressure. 

Third, what makes you think scum wouldn't apply "attacks" or "pressure" or in equal measure as any townie, they have an agenda to mislynch people which necessitates both these things.

Scum can and should do it, but town also can and should do it.  It's harder for scum to do it.  Therefore, if we consistently see certain players making pressure, we may question if those players are scum. 

Forth, despite defending Dormio 5 times which apparently stunned you, the most crucial "defense" I have made was yours at the end of D1 which basically led to you not getting lynched.  Was it scummy of me to defend you?  You tell me.
Yes.  It was scummy to defend me (and Dormio).  However, since the lynch was apparently going to be you unless you did something, anything you did to get out of it is excusable. 

One of the best indicators is the amalgamation of the RVS votes which indeed are trivial and a waste of space. 
A trivial analysis of past Shrine Maiden games shows that scum often vote for each other, or players who voted for their scumbuddies.  The last five games -

Choose your own mafia RVS: 
Pictures of Birds (scum) countervotes Balanced (town), who is voting for Townest (scum). 
Urist (scum) countervotes Balanced (town), who is voting for Townest (scum). 
When Balanced votes for Mirai Nikki (town), Birds votes elsewhere. 

Doctor Wars Mafia RVS:
Serela (scum) voted for Sky_Paladin (scum). 

Puzzle and Dragon Mafia RVS:
Action Dan (scum) voted for CF7 (scum). 

Medaka Box Mafia RVS:
Scums didn't vote for each other or countervote anybody. 

Omerta Mafia RVS:
NNR (scum) countervotes Sky_Paladin for voting Serela (scum). 

Therefore, I feel the RVS analysis is actually valuable, although now that I've pointed out these trends, less so for the next few games. 

Scum know who their buddies are, so their votes are never truly 'random'.  That's the point of the analysis. 

Nothing really about me or Zak despite stating that you're leaning Zak as scum and the cliffs notes in 191 don't stand for much since their purpose is limited to tabulation.

I'd already run up quite a few walls and I got tired.  I will still sheep Bard's day 1 case, it's just I feel what I have on you and Serela (at this stage) is better. 

On to the next post o/
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #271 on: June 10, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »
EBWOP: I could still sheep Bard's case on Zak. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #272 on: June 10, 2014, 04:08:11 PM »
Vote Count:

ActionDan (1): Raikaria
Raikaria (1): Dormio
Zakeri (2): Dr Rawr, ActionDan L-2
Sky Paladin (1): Zakeri

Not Voting (2): Sky Paladin, Serela
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

There are about 11 hours remaining.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #273 on: June 10, 2014, 04:10:00 PM »
Zakeri
"Actual post coming soon."

I'm still waiting on this.  There's less than 12 hours to go, so you have until I catch up with the rest of the posts before I have to make a choice, I think.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #274 on: June 10, 2014, 04:40:04 PM »
Zakeri
A Large part of my vote is actually in part Process of Elimination
Explain how your POE leads to me? 

Dormio
Just going to put it out there that I still haven't read Sky Palladium's posts and I'm probably not going to.
You should probably at least read the post where I apologised to you. 

Sky Palladium's bullshit interactions chart which he himself has stated as arbitrary.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I knew you just couldn't keep yourself away from me. 
Also it seems only the very last part of your rebuttal to Raikaria was in regards to the chart (so after my post), and the remainder was drawn from Raikaria's opening case.  So I withdraw my earlier comment. 

Serela
At least I'm waging a war against bad logic, but, if you pay any attention it should be p.clear I haven't done basically any scumhunting.
I'm well aware of it which is why I flagged you for minimal content x___x.  Why so gloatful about it? 

Raikaria and SkyPal repeatedly use logic that is just wrong, or at least kind of weird, in order to reach their conclusions.
It's cool, you use logic I don't understand, but different logic isn't scummy.  The thing I am looking for, more than logic, is intent and consistency.  If I can follow your train of thought, even if I disagree with it, I can eat least walk in your footsteps and see how you reached that position.  When people make sudden jumps that I can't follow or come to a conclusion not supported by their train of thought, or behave in ways that are harmful to the team, I have to question the motive for that inconsistent or unexpected behavior. 

Dan
You are a P.O.E candidate
Explain how?

It's 2am.  I have to sleep and I haven't really looked at Zak yet. 

I'll be around in about six hours to continue this. 

At this stage, I would lynch Dan and Zak.  Serela or Dormio, but I'll admit Dormio mostly because I think his flip would be very helpful.  I think Rai is town on account of making a case and putting forward content. 

I want to say Rawr is town but there's not enough content yet and no real case except for picking up Zak for POE. 

However it was a weird thing for Zak to say so enquiries are relevant.  As are enquiries on Dan since he cited POE against me also. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »
The main thing is that while I think both Dan or Zak could be scum, they make no sense as a scum team, so it can't be Dan AND Zak.  And Dan is supporting a Zak lynch, so I'm huh.

Dan and Rawr, if we lynched Zak and he flipped green, what would you think? 
Dormio, if we lynched Rai and he flipped green, what would you think? 
Zak, if you lynched me and I flip green, what would you think? 

Serela, I think people are reading you as town is partly because you're not threatening anybody except for Rai and myself.  Secondly, the actual scums aren't going to want to lynch you, they'll want to keep you around until LYLO.  If you start throwing cases at players I'm sure the situation will change.  You are 'mostly harmless'.  However, I find myself spending a lot of time arguing with you, Dormio, and DNA.  The only players I haven't been in massive disagreements with are Rai and Rawr. 

So I kind of divide our 'factions' up as Serela, Dan, and Dormio.  Then there's Rai, Sky, and Rawr.  Zak kind of sits in the middle.  I imagine scums are actually one in the Serela/Dan/Dormio split, and the other one in the Rai/Sky/Rawr camp.  Whichever camp wins they'll have a player get through.  Zak being in the middle and disengaged may be why both 'camps' are making angry eyes at him; but being disengaged and uninvolved is scummy.  So I can't fault his lynch at this point even though I've personally got more invested in those first three. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »
So I kind of divide our 'factions' up as Serela, Dan, and Dormio.  Then there's Rai, Sky, and Rawr.  Zak kind of sits in the middle.  I imagine scums are actually one in the Serela/Dan/Dormio split, and the other one in the Rai/Sky/Rawr camp. 
ill answer your question later because e3 and i would need to think it over but how did you come to this conclusion of these 2 parties and at least one scum being in both?

« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2014, 05:05:13 PM »
wait why the hell did you include yourself in one of the camps? that just leaves me and raikaria  :wat:

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #278 on: June 10, 2014, 05:14:58 PM »
It's just from my position/  of 2 am logic. 

I saw Serela make a comment like, Dan and Dormio iirc are her two town pals. 

And I thought "hmm I keep butting heads with the same people, maybe its the same for me" and I wondered if it wasn't the same for thers. 

For example, I figure Dan gets along well with Dormio and Serela.  He likes you as evident by his manly post but I didn't see a reflection back from you about it. 

From my position, looking at plausible scum teams, I can match up Dan with Serela and Dormio.  I could match Serela with pretty much anyone given my experience of her tunneling me all game when I was scum with her.  I could really only put Dormio with Dan.  I could put you (Rawr) with anybody except Zak, I think.  Zak could fit with Dormio, but that's all. 

When I put it out like this I thought, huh, if I'm wrong about Dan, that means it's *unlikely* to Dormio or Serela.  What about being wrong about Raikaria?  I think he's town but if he's scum, I have to flip a few things on it's head.  As in scum Raikaria means town Dormio, with obvious implications against me because I am about the only person who thinks town!Raikaria and I've argued along pretty much the same lines as him for this day phase. 

Then I thought about what I told Serela.  I thought its' really easy for a player to 'switch camps' if they can see them and want to do it.  All they have to do is change their attitude.  And if I was a scum player who saw this, I'd make sure my scum buddy was in the other camp, so we could throw half-assed attacks at each other, and never be suspected if the other one flipped. 

That's why I said that comment.  I'm uncertain of my scum picks.  So I worry the results of being wrong.  If we screw up today next phase is LYLO so if we don't get our best lynch, I want to make a good mislynch. 

eg. if we lynch rai and he's town, where does that leave us?  If we lynch Dan and he's town, what then?  If we lynched me (I'm green!) where does town go next?

That's what I was thinking, just out loud, wondering.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #279 on: June 10, 2014, 05:18:20 PM »
Dan and Rawr, if we lynched Zak and he flipped green, what would you think? 
these kind of questions kinda turn me off but w/e. Id probably have to go for serela do to the fact that he hasnt done particularly much this game at all. I see him all game justifying peoples actions and just explaining things but nothing that adds potential content which could help us find scum. serela could just be lynch bait for lylo but id go for it

-cut-

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »
I'm just tired and paranoid.  This shit is why I screwed up and hammered Shadoweh before.   I need to sleep.  goodnight.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2014, 05:28:00 PM »
No.

Concrete suspicion of Cf7 was established by Me [Scum], Bard [Dead], and Dormio [Scum].

And I don't even recall Bard making that big of a deal over CF7. Suspicion yes, but not enough to be pushing the wagon of mislynch.

In fact Bardiche was voting for Sky_Paladin. Let's have a look at The post where he caves to your pressure and votes for CF7

Note he clearly quotes you refusing to vote for Sky.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »
So yes, as I said; CF7's mislynch was led by you, and it happened because of you pressuring other players. Just a quick glance at consolidation shows that blatantly clearly.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2014, 05:34:52 PM »
Also from what I can gather Sky thinks Dan/Serela is a potential thing too. I still don't think Serela is more probable scum than Dan, but hey, look, Dan defending people again instead of actually making cases.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2014, 05:35:33 PM »
*More probable than Dormio.

Man I post and then I get a new idea a few mins later :/

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - Day 1 (Player 1's Turn)
« Reply #285 on: June 10, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »
Okay, I see a Zakeri lynch is probably not going to fly considering how many people voice their objections to it. I guess the curse of being unpersuasive continues.

I agree with ActionDan that we should be looking to CF7 and NNR, buuuut... I'd consider lynching Sky Paladin, too, actually.

CF7 is a decent lynch because he's lacked to make distinctions and seems to pick scumpicks for nebulous and vague reasons. Proposing that someone on Dormio's wagon is scum proposes that Dormio is town, and while that in itself is OK, it isn't OK to just jump on the easiest target with no distinction in any direction. His own logic also states he must be scum. Wouldn't be the first time scum's cheeky.

Actually, I think I just sold myself on being happy to vote Sky Paladin over CF7.

##Unvote
##Vote: Sky Paladin

Yes enough.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #286 on: June 10, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
Also from what I can gather Sky thinks Dan/Serela is a potential thing too. I still don't think Serela is more probable scum than Dan, but hey, look, Dan defending people again instead of actually making cases.

lol.

So I guess My cases against you / Zak are nothing.  That's ok you're scum and lying about every last thing I do.  I understand

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - Day 1 (Player 1's Turn)
« Reply #287 on: June 10, 2014, 06:03:56 PM »
Yes enough.

I said he was suspicious.

He also thought Sky>CF7; but you quite happily pressured him into doing the opposite, as my linked post shows.

That's ok you're scum and lying about every last thing I do.  I understand

You're not even trying now. If you're so convinced I'm scum and are a townie; you should be voting me. A townie should be voting for who they think is scum. If you are so sure I'm scum why are you not voting me over Zakeri?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2014, 06:05:16 PM »
And your case against me is not a case. It's defending yourself. Then Dormio comes in to save you further while misrepping me.

Your case about Zakeri I already said was alright; but it doesn't convince me that Zakeri is more likely to be scum than you are.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #289 on: June 10, 2014, 06:14:05 PM »
And yes, I think from your opinions on me and Zakeri that you are more confident that I am scum than Zakeri.

I'm calling your bluff. Vote me. Go on. Stick yours and Dormio's necks out by both pushing the on the same townie mislynch a second time. Because it's pretty clear you're more confident that 'I'm Scum' than Zakeri. You even outright said that I am scum just now. Put your vote where your mouth is, or are you scared of revealing yourself by leading a second mislynch?

I don't care if I'm mislynched if it reveals the scum. I'm a VT.

ActionDan

« Reply #290 on: June 10, 2014, 07:32:10 PM »
And yes, I think from your opinions on me and Zakeri that you are more confident that I am scum than Zakeri.

I'm calling your bluff. Vote me. Go on. Stick yours and Dormio's necks out by both pushing the on the same townie mislynch a second time. Because it's pretty clear you're more confident that 'I'm Scum' than Zakeri. You even outright said that I am scum just now. Put your vote where your mouth is, or are you scared of revealing yourself by leading a second mislynch?

I don't care if I'm mislynched if it reveals the scum. I'm a VT.

I'll lynch you after Zakeri.  Wait until then

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2014, 07:35:25 PM »
I'll lynch you after Zakeri.  Wait until then

Care answering why Zakeri is more pressing than me to you?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #292 on: June 10, 2014, 07:35:44 PM »
I mean I'm a fighting target, Zakeri is a sleeping one.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #293 on: June 10, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
And before you fire that right back at me; I've thought you scum since early Day 1. I've confidently thought Dormio scum since... mid Day 2? I've simply thought you scum longer.

ActionDan

« Reply #294 on: June 10, 2014, 07:38:40 PM »
If your only motivation to post is to post drivel and constantly, and I mean constantly, misrepresent my posts, label me scum uncritically, and be altogether recalcitrant, I have nothing more to think than you being scum sticking your heels in the mud.  Today I would happily lynch either you or Zakeri. 

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #295 on: June 10, 2014, 07:42:01 PM »
were lynching zakeri end of story

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #296 on: June 10, 2014, 07:48:05 PM »
If your only motivation to post is to post drivel and constantly, and I mean constantly, misrepresent my posts, label me scum uncritically, and be altogether recalcitrant, I have nothing more to think than you being scum sticking your heels in the mud.  Today I would happily lynch either you or Zakeri.

If your only motivation to post is to constantly evade my questions and make me even more convinced because you are doing this; I have nothing more to think of you other than that you are scum.

If I was scum, why would I be so willing to call your bluff and have you vote me? I know you and Dormio don't want to push a 2nd townie mislynch together like you did with CF7, because that would give you away.

But hey, it seems other people want Zakeri dead, and not me. I'm the harder target.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2014, 07:49:31 PM »
Although I guess if you are actually right about Zakeri, that makes me probobly wrong about you. D2 is a weird time to bus.

Doesn't clear Dormio though, and his misrep of me is bad.

ActionDan

« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
If your only motivation to post is to constantly evade my questions

Unless your talking about that one quip 'but if CF7 is not town what does that make him? hurrrr'  than I've evaded no questions of yours. 

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2014, 07:58:58 PM »
But hey, it seems other people want Zakeri dead, and not me. I'm the harder target.
im pretty hard to but i dont go bragging about it.