Author Topic: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - GAME END  (Read 44639 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - Day 1 (Player 1's Turn)
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2014, 05:19:58 PM »
And now my activity qualm about Zakeri is gone. Man we're god at cutting each other.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2014, 05:27:05 PM »
I am the Satsuki to your Ryuko

« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »
Also; still think Dan is the correct lynch here. I don't really want to lynch either Serela or Dormio right now, because it usually ends up that the center of the D1 slapfights are BOTH Town. [Sky and myself can attest!] Dan's been rather inactive, goaded CF7 on a bad case and has happily been riding the Dormio wagon.

I would back up on an NNR lynch, however.

sheeping this in full.

« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2014, 05:35:32 PM »
I hope this answers Dormio's question of if I'm happy with my vote.
Because yeah I kind of am.

Still haven't read anything of NNR but that's because I'm only reading page 2 right now. (If it matters, I keep it to 50 post per page, so it's still only two pages long)

« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
I have now read this supposed "Anything of NNR".
it was indeed not anything.

« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2014, 05:43:38 PM »
It looks like Dormio and Action Dan are both at L-2 right now.
We've got about 9 hours left.

NNR only has one vote.
I guess Serela has one, too.

I'm bored but I don't want to stop posting in mafia yet.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2014, 06:21:10 PM »
I'm bored but I don't want to stop posting in mafia yet.

Nither do I; but I don't want to be a parrot and repeat myself again; and there's not exactly anything for me to respond to in your posts. We're basically in agreement.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2014, 08:24:09 PM »
I was wondering where this topic went but it ended up buried in other topics I've read

uh, but actually I'm still afk for today because it's my weekly RPG meeting.

Hopefully I'll be feeling food to post after the meeting
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2014, 08:26:57 PM »
*feeling good

I thought I would have made a shitpost at least after RVS but I guess the last time I skimmed (yesterday) I had basically nothing to go on
(cue me being lynched because I'm a *player without opinions*)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2014, 08:29:21 PM »
Well everyone else seems to have their priorities.

BTW, only gonna be around for about 90 mins more.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »
(cue me being lynched because I'm a *player without opinions*)

inb4sofunnyXD

I now support an NNR lynch as well, might as well get rid of all the pointless players.

Not impressed with Zakeri still. What he says looks good at first glance but bad at a second glance. This:
Reading the case in detail, yeah I could have stood to clarify why I didn't like Dormio more. If I had done so, I probably would have put him at L-1 before that other guy above just did.
doesn't seem to naturally agree with
While I think Dormio is bad, he's really only MotK Town Standards of bad.
I'm reading that as Zakeri saying Dormio is bad, but still Town. At the same time Zakeri says he'd have put Dormio at L-1, so I'm confused.

Also, this post is textbook reporting and I don't get the value in it. It seems to tacitly suggest we do something but offers no solution as to what to do. It's a passive kind of attitude which I've come to see often from Zakeri as Scum, where he just doesn't bother posting much and when he does, takes no active approach to anything.  While I can see the case on ActionDan, I'm not convinced on an intuitive level. I need another ActionDan post to decide one way or the other.

Current state suggests to me that Zakeri is still the best lynch. An NNR lynch is also viable; he's effectively been V/LA for all of Day 1 now, and an excuse in the vein of "lol forgot XD" doesn't cut it. It's scummy, and lynching people for shit in hand play isn't a terrible idea either.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2014, 08:59:20 PM »
Vote Count:

Dormio (2): ActionDan, Serela
ActionDan (3): Zakeri, Raikaria, CF7
Serela (1): Dormio
Sky Paladin (1): NNR
Zakeri (1): Bardiche
NNR (1): Sky Paladin
Not Voting (0)
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

There are 6 hours left in the day.

« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »
Hopefully I'll be feeling food to post after the meeting

Sig potential.

I really don't like that you come in saying you didn't know this game existed or had any activity in it after having posted an RVS vote, and that also coincidentally you don't have any amount of time to even offhandedly mention another player.

Yeah my stance on Dormio turned out to be contradictory. I Can't say for certain why I changed my mind, I guess it was the combination of L-1 + My vote would have been a quicklynch so I ended up backing down and am now trying to see if I can get an unbiased look at his posts in the future/after flips happen. I did say I "Would have" Voted him to L-1, not will want to do so right now.

That said, I hope you realize how dumb your case on me looks now that you's tried to slam me for making a reporter style post after having made 4-5 content posts in a row and while also I was suggesting I've run out of stuff to respond to while having Raikaria agree in the next post that there's nothing left to respond to.

Bardiche

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2014, 10:19:52 PM »
That said, I hope you realize how dumb your case on me looks now that you's tried to slam me for making a reporter style post after having made 4-5 content posts in a row and while also I was suggesting I've run out of stuff to respond to while having Raikaria agree in the next post that there's nothing left to respond to.

No, I don't, and using ad hominem isn't going to help. Your content isn't actually "4-5 content posts" worth; you may have posted that many times, but one post is just a clarification you're sheeping Raikaria, one post clarifies that yes, you are happy with the ActionDan vote (as could have been gathered from you saying you wanted him dead, then following it up with quoting Raikaria saying the same thing) and that you're reading stuff, then another clarifying for everyone that NNR hasn't posted, and finally you report the state of the game. That's four posts in a row (five, if you count the animenerd comment), but the content in them isn't even worth calling content posts because they're twitter status updates.

You say you haven't anything to respond to, but in spite of that you kept posting. I don't know what to make of that, but if we were to assume you're scum (I am), it looks like you're trying to pad the amount of times you've posted so you can point at it and call it activity. I just don't think your post stream there adds much of anything other than reinforcing multiple times that you want ActionDan dead, but making that clear three times seems like extra-vagant.

So yes, I'm going to insist your reporter-style post only adds up to what I find wrong with you. I said earlier I felt you made a sideline comment on Dormio to keep options open and you first insisted Dormio was, indeed, bad, but then very quickly back-pedalled. I also don't like how until you clarified you were sheeping NNR, it wasn't clear at all why you remained on ActionDan, and I feel instead of making this comment as short as it is, you could've also clarified why you were still sticking with your vote on ActionDan. Right now it feels like you're just coasting off on NNR's reasoning with none of your own.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2014, 10:36:18 PM »
I'll whack this game with a stick soon. 

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2014, 10:38:53 PM »
Uhh, I did not use ad hominid at all, please point out where I said a thing that was insulting you directly.

I just find that part of the case really weird considering if I had posted everything in a single, large post, you would not have even considered the not-really vote-count to be reporting. It wouldn't even have been a thing, but you're trying to call me out on padding out my posts even though it would have been the same amount of content regardless of the number of posts it's been in.

Do you honestly believe that it would occur to me that if I make a thousand posts in five minutes it would make up for having three posts in 30 hours? MY reason for splitting the third post was to get some content out there while I noticed people were talking about me, and the rest were all just tacked on thoughts I had about the situation. My reason for the seventh post in a row was because I had already posted six times in a row and didn't want to stop like I had said in that very post.

Bardiche

« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2014, 11:07:27 PM »
I just find that part of the case really weird considering if I had posted everything in a single, large post, you would not have even considered the not-really vote-count to be reporting.

I don't think that's a fair assessment. As I said, my major beef is that you're presenting a gamestate, and it seems to imply to me with the 9 hours left comment, you believed that something about the gamestate should change. I distrust that sort of reporting as I want people to tell me their views, not state objective facts. Had you added something like, "I think we should consolidate on y because x", I would have found it a lot more acceptable, but you didn't and just left us hanging. I would've hated it even at the end of a big post.

Regardless of which, the fact of this situation is that you did not post everything in a single, large post, so the argument there is moot. The number of posts also isn't primarily the issue, it's the lack of content in them. Considering there's one minute between posting, "I haven't read anything of NNR yet, I'm still reading" and "okay, I read it, and there isn't anything", one has to wonder why you couldn't spend that one minute ascertaining whether there was anything before hitting submit again.

ActionDan

« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2014, 11:09:25 PM »
Considering Zakeri and bardiche are in full swing atm I'd state that Bardiche mainly has the right of it.  your content posts boil down to a couple of vague opinions, and the one I dislike is the repeated full-on agreeing that raikaria has "good points on CF7 and ActionDan" when I believe he has just one point in total and it's that I cheer leaded Cf7's case (read: meta-point) that led CF7 to vote Dormio.  Actually I simply pointed out that CF7 wasn't voted the guy he slammed with his obviously ironclad "case".  My at that time was RVS and couldn't be anything more.   I'd apply this to Raikaria but I think Raikaria is categorically less scummy by the other things he says.  I am still displeased however.

CF7 and Bardiche are town. 

Raikaria - a little more townish than null

Serela/Dormio/Sky - null/undecided.

NNR - theoretically null but I'm surprised he hasn't posted more so acceptable lurker lynch to me.

Zak - somewhat scummier than null but not more than a tinge

I'll look over again but nothing I'm latching unto strongly yet 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2014, 11:10:01 PM »
##Unvote

for now

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2014, 11:20:43 PM »
After what nnr said yeah I guess a lurker lynch on him wouldn't be that terrible (At this point of the game if you have 5 minutes you can probably make an educated post) but, I'd still rather go down that path d2 instead and lynch someone else today. Unless he actually flipped scum it'd be reaaally uninformative imo and I still think it wouldn't be entirely weird to come from town, albiet it -would- be weirder than from scum.

I don't know what my opinion on Zakeri is right now so I'll save you the waffles.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2014, 11:22:45 PM »
Actually I suppose Zakeri's weigh-in of Serela/Dormio is more specific than I give it credit for, being mostly the other thing of substance he has talked about that doesn't have anything to do with his current vote on me, but not a particularly insightful or difficult opinion to voice.

Actually now that I think about it, what is your opinion of CF7 Zakeri?  Because in the chatter you do mention that Raikaria had good points on CF7, and while you are happy with your vote on me, and agree that it was awful of me to "goad" CF7 into voting Dormio, I feel more particular feelings about CF7 have been omitted that you must have

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2014, 11:23:29 PM »
Re-read thread quickly, things that jumped out at me:

- I don't like Zakeri and Raikaria buddying up as they have. This post from Raikaria indicates he thought both were Town and that Zakeri shared that idea, but Zakeri posted contrary at first (saying Dormio's bad), then back-pedalled. A Zakeri scum flip begs closer examination of Raikaria.

- I don't like Dormio's bad case on Serela, and I don't like how so far he's just tunnelled onto Serela.

- I guess we can lynch NNR for not playing, but I don't want to throw the game just as a lesson to people to not sign up to games they aren't interested in playing. It's pretty much a waste of a lynch and anyone advocating it right now is being exceedingly lazy by pretending there isn't anything scummy on the table to grab instead.

Cut by ActionDan. Echoing that I'd be interested in Zakeri's feelings on CF7 and why he feels ActionDan is a better vote than CF7.

ActionDan

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »
Dormio is trolling instead of scumhunting, so there could be an argument that trolling > afk.

not to burst your bubble, but Dormio isn't trolling here.  He's either scum making a big deal out of nothing, or town that believes what he's saying.  The funny thing is that what he's saying about Serela is plausible (in parts; going through the entire thing is headache inducing but it's possible serela goes ahead and attempts to mitigate damage [thought obviously it hasn't worked if it were the case]).

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2014, 11:28:51 PM »
Serela, you already waffled twice before in this game alone, could you please share your thoughts on Zakeri and why you feel there's a good case to make that he's not scum?

ActionDan

« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2014, 11:38:17 PM »
I'll note that this is your only contribution thus far.

I am not super at reading Dormio but this post strikes me as more town, because the serela stuff alone I can't get a read off of, but this 3rd party commentary (if you will) feels townish.

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2014, 11:40:01 PM »
Bard, are you implying that Zak's done something that's actually explicitly scummy instead of just mildly unsatisfactory? (which is certainly something worth a lynch when it's d1, but I just mean, I don't see why he would be so scummy that it'd be strange for me to not have a clear opinion on him)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2014, 11:44:04 PM »
##Vote NNR

placeholder in lieu of voting zak at some point (or not).  I'd like to get a clearer idea of what Serela/Sky/Dormio are contemplating also a Zakeri update that will hopefully come shortly

cut: I don't think anyone this game has done anything clearcut scummy etc.  but obviously there are 2 scum and educated guesses based on small points here and there that you find suspicious etc are welcome in the discussion.  More importantly and more to the point: who do see yourself voting for because Dormio is kinda off the table.

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2014, 11:47:26 PM »
Bard, are you implying that Zak's done something that's actually explicitly scummy instead of just mildly unsatisfactory? (which is certainly something worth a lynch when it's d1, but I just mean, I don't see why he would be so scummy that it'd be strange for me to not have a clear opinion on him)

I'm implying that there's a lack of reason to think he's town for me, but plenty of reason to think he's scum. If you get something different out of it, I'd love to hear it.

More than that, I realise I want to hear why you think Dormio is the best use of your vote right now. You've been cheerleading the NNR wagon a bit, care to elaborate where your conviction lies?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2014, 11:55:11 PM »
who do see yourself voting for because Dormio is kinda off the table.
What? Why? I think if it wasn't that L-1 was L-1, he'd still be at it right now, and there's people not voting him who've stated they think he's scummy. I'm actually seeing him as the most likely lynch, which is good with me because he's the only person I feel notably comfortable about voting.

Bard:I can see the reasons you think he's scummy, but I just don't really view them as strongly as you do. I don't have any kind of town points on him, though; I'd just rather see how things progress with Zakeri d2 since I don't view him as scummy enough to be worth a lynch right now.

Wait, I've been cheerleading the NNR wagon "quite a bit"? The first time I mentioned him was meant to be looking like I was somewhat discouraging the lynch, and the second time was "Well, I guess it wouldn't be terrible now after that kind of response from NNR, but I'd still really rather not". I'm been under the impression I'd adequately explained that I think Dormio is scummy for going after me hard and doing so with some reasons that people agree are questionable.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2014, 11:55:34 PM »
I'm been under the impression
I've been*