Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kaksi  (Read 58331 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Hatate Quest Kaksi
« Reply #810 on: May 13, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »
>"...Wha' happen?"

« Reply #811 on: May 13, 2014, 08:07:59 AM »
>"...Wha' happen?"

>Your eyes flutter open as you question the tiny voice. You find yourself outside, under a clear blue sky. The fairy that had been jabbing you, and it is indeed a fairy, is a cute little fairy with rather long brown hair, matching big brown eyes and a blue bow atop her head. She seems to have recovered from her shock as she looks down at you. "Good morning. Are you a zombie?"
>"Of course she is, Star!" the second voice bellows. "Run away, run away!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #812 on: May 13, 2014, 08:24:47 AM »
>"I'm a tengu."
>Sit up, and look around. Try to recollect our thoughts.

« Reply #813 on: May 13, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »
>"I'm a tengu."
>Sit up, and look around. Try to recollect our thoughts.

>"A tengu zombie?" the fairy called Star asks as you sit up. You are outside of Marisa's house, a few feet in front of her front door, which is now closed. There is no sign of Hatate or Celes. In fact, apart from Star, and another fairy standing on Marisa's roof, there is no one else in sight, not even Celes' cauchemar mount.
>Something even more odd than that strikes you as you try to clear your head. There's no snow on the ground, no snow in the sky. In fact, from the feel of the warm breeze, it feels more like spring than early winter.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #814 on: May 13, 2014, 09:02:12 AM »
>"Okay. I'm going to ask you a weird question. What was the last major incident that happened, and how long ago was it?"
>Let's stand up and check ourself over.

« Reply #815 on: May 13, 2014, 09:25:01 AM »
>"Okay. I'm going to ask you a weird question. What was the last major incident that happened, and how long ago was it?"
>Let's stand up and check ourself over.

>"Oh, that's easy." Star says with a bright smile. "Last week, when we met that bad zombie with the bad witch who told the bad zombie to eat us."
>You shake your head as you pull yourself to your feet. Fairies just don't make good sources. You feel a bit sluggish at the moment, like you do sometimes when you're hungover, though you don't seem to be experiencing any mental fatigue that usually goes with that. All of your belongings, your camera, wallet, spellcards, appear to be intact and where they're all supposed to be. Whatever that purple energy was, it doesn't seem to have done any significant damage to you, at least not that you can detect so far.

>While you're taking stock of your status, Marisa's door opens a crack, and a third fairy sticks her head out. This one is blonde, like the fairy on the roof, and her hair is done up in fancy-styled curls, three to each side of her head. "Uh, girls? There's two more sleeping big folks in here."
>"Are they zombies, too?" the fairy on the roof asks.
>"I don't think so. They don't smell bad."
>"Neither does this tengu." Star says over her shoulder.
>This makes the roof fairy look relived. "Oh, good. Hey wait, how do we know tengu zombies don't smell good?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #816 on: May 13, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »
>"Let's have a look."
>Head inside.
>If any of them are there with us, ask, "Hey, didn't there used to be a rainbow-colored shell around this place?"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #817 on: May 13, 2014, 11:55:43 AM »
>Have we seen these fairies around Reimu's shrine, or has Aya written about them?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #818 on: May 14, 2014, 12:31:38 AM »
>Have we seen these fairies around Reimu's shrine, or has Aya written about them?

>You haven't seen them in person before, but now that you think about it, Aya did write a small article on them before. They're called the Three Fairies of Light, a rather grandiose title for a clique of a fairies, but this is not abnormal for fairies. The one that was poking you is Star Sapphire, the blonde with the curls is named Luna Child, and the zombie-declaring blonde on the roof is the ringleader of the bunch, Sunny Milk. They have an interesting array of special abilities, but they're still fairies. The only reason they made the news was due to some kind of inter-fairy conflict they had with the ice fairy Cirno a while back. Apparently they try to prank Reimu every now and again, but to your knowledge, they haven't had a great deal of success.

>"Let's have a look."
>Head inside.

>Sunny flitters down from the roof, her expression pugnacious. "We're keeping an eye on you, until we're sure you're not a tengu-zombie." The other two fairies giggle at their partner, but neither of them says anything.
>Luna holds the door open for you as you enter into Marisa's house again, Star and Sunny trailing after you. When you get a good look at the inside, you can't believe it's the same house. When you were in before, the place looked like a hoarder's house. But now it is, at best, slightly untidy. The floors are almost completely free of debris, the closet is neatly packed and in order, even color coordinated. There are pictures on the wall that either weren't there before or were covered by rubbish before. The smell of spoiled meat is gone; in fact, it smells nearly clean in here. There's a pair of shoes left in the hallway where they shouldn't be, and a broom stuck up in a corner, but other than that, the entrance and the hallway inside look in excellent condition.
>The two more Luna mentioned are Celes and Momiji, both sprawled out in the middle of the hallway. Momiji's shield lies next to her hand, and she still seems out of it, while Celes is only now starting to stir. They both appear unharmed, apart from being KO'd by the same light that knocked you for a loop.

>If any of them are there with us, ask, "Hey, didn't there used to be a rainbow-colored shell around this place?"

>"You mean like a shield?" Luna asks. "Sometimes, when Marisa-san has company."
>"Are you company?" Star inquires.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #819 on: May 14, 2014, 12:56:20 AM »
>"Yeah, like a shield. Does that happen a lot?"
>Let's go check on Momiji, then Celes.

« Reply #820 on: May 14, 2014, 01:08:01 AM »
>"Yeah, like a shield. Does that happen a lot?"
>Let's go check on Momiji, then Celes.

>Star and Luna giggle again. "Oh yeah." they say in unison.
>"Marisa-san has some private friends." Luna adds, trying her best to sound sage.

>Under Sunny Milk's watchful eye, you examine Momiji. Given her position, she was probably facing the book when its light was unleashed, and was blown out of the living room into the hallway here. Despite her having her shield out, she seems to have got the worst of the blast, as she shows no reaction to your presence. But at least she has no visible wounds or damage that you can detect.
>Celes, on the other hand, is just now starting to come around, uttering a soft groan as you check up on her. Like Momiji, she doesn't appear to have been harmed by that eruption of light, at least not in any way you can see. You glance at the ring that you thought you saw turn black before, but it is back to its normal white, albeit more dull than it was before.
>"Uh, whe.... Where are...?" Celes mutters as her eyes flutter between open and shut.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #821 on: May 14, 2014, 01:13:23 AM »
>"That's a good question. All I can tell you is that there's no snow outside anymore. Also someone cleaned up."
>Back to Momiji. Let's try to rouse her.

« Reply #822 on: May 14, 2014, 01:27:53 AM »
>"That's a good question. All I can tell you is that there's no snow outside anymore. Also someone cleaned up."
>Back to Momiji. Let's try to rouse her.

>Celes' eyes finally come open as she absorbs your report. "The book!" she blurts suddenly, snapping up to a seated position before emitting a loud groan and sinking back down to the floor, her hand grasping her forehead.
>"Hey, you should probably take it easy." Luna advises. "You don't look so good."
>"Sure she does." Sunny counters. "She doesn't groan like a zombie, that's good."
>This draws a smile from the other blonde fairy. "Oh yeah."

>With Celes momentarily incapacitated once more, you return your attention to Momiji, making an attempt to return her to consciousness. Your efforts result in little more than a faint murmur of a groan, before Star Sapphire appears before you, holding a glass of water. Without pausing to ask, she dumps the contents of the cup onto Momiji's face, causing the white wolf to splutter and groan, her ears twitching slightly. The little fairy seems very satisfied with herself.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #823 on: May 14, 2014, 01:55:40 AM »
>"Hey, don't do that!"
>"You okay, Momiji?"

« Reply #824 on: May 14, 2014, 02:01:33 AM »
>"Hey, don't do that!"
>"You okay, Momiji?"

>"Why not?" Star asks.
>"Yeah, it worked." Sunny adds.

>Momiji rolls her head to the side and spits out a smidgin of water. "My head feels heavy." she says quietly. "What happened?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #825 on: May 14, 2014, 02:03:36 AM »
>"That's a great question. Let's just say things went wrong, there's no snow outside, and the room is a whole lot cleaner than I remember. I get the feeling I just figured out what happened to Aya."

« Reply #826 on: May 14, 2014, 02:15:39 AM »
>"That's a great question. Let's just say things went wrong, there's no snow outside, and the room is a whole lot cleaner than I remember. I get the feeling I just figured out what happened to Aya."

>"What do you mean?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #827 on: May 14, 2014, 02:19:32 AM »
>"I'm pretty sure we just went missing for some length of time."

« Reply #828 on: May 14, 2014, 02:24:36 AM »
>"I'm pretty sure we just went missing for some length of time."

>Momiji groans, and tries to sit up. "How long?"
>"Possibly years." Celes' voice answers. The steward, too, has recovered enough to sit up, though only just, by the looks of her. "Maybe more."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #829 on: May 14, 2014, 02:28:33 AM »
>"So how do we fix it?"

« Reply #830 on: May 14, 2014, 02:35:19 AM »
>"So how do we fix it?"

>Still rubbing her head, Celes thinks for a moment. "The book. We need the book, bring it to Setsuka, Patchouli, someone with great magical knowledge. If we can analyze the book, safely, it could be the key to sending us back."
>"If they're even here." Momiji says darkly. "What if we were sent back in time?"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #831 on: May 14, 2014, 02:40:14 AM »
>Wait a second ...
>"Why aren't Patchouli and Sabine with us?"

>Did we read Aya's article about the Taoist mausoleum?
>Do we recall if Ranka and/or Celia entered the house?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:45:56 AM by O4rfish »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #832 on: May 14, 2014, 02:48:22 AM »
>"Sending us back in time would be a dumb idea, we could just warn ourselves, or catch 'em in the act. It'd just be asking us to make things worse on whoever did it."

« Reply #833 on: May 14, 2014, 02:56:35 AM »
>Wait a second ...
>"Why aren't Patchouli and Sabine with us?"

>As Momiji looks around for the two mentioned, Celes, coming back to her feet, answers, "They may have been out of range of the power that hit us."

>Did we read Aya's article about the Taoist mausoleum?
>Do we recall if Ranka and/or Celia entered the house?

>You did read Aya's report about the 'Taoist' incident, as it's become informally known, which included some information about their headquarters and locations.
>Neither the wind spirit nor the centaur entered the house with you. Only Momiji and Celes accompanied you into the house.

>"Sending us back in time would be a dumb idea, we could just warn ourselves, or catch 'em in the act. It'd just be asking us to make things worse on whoever did it."

>"It is still possible, though." Celes says. "The book was a trap, not a conscious evil. Displacing someone centuries backwards in time is something he would have done."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #834 on: May 14, 2014, 03:10:22 AM »
>"I don't think this house has been here for centuries. But who knows? Okay, so, we need the book. How do we find it? Like, did it just end up somewhere?"

« Reply #835 on: May 14, 2014, 03:24:30 AM »
>"I don't think this house has been here for centuries. But who knows? Okay, so, we need the book. How do we find it? Like, did it just end up somewhere?"

>"I don't know. It could be where we left it."
>Momiji turns her head to her left, looking into the living room. "Wow. That really IS clean. Uh, but, no book."
>"Maybe you should ask Marisa-san?" Luna suggests. "I mean, this is her house, after all."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #836 on: May 14, 2014, 05:07:48 AM »
>"Is she around?"

« Reply #837 on: May 14, 2014, 05:27:01 AM »
>"Is she around?"

>"I think she's visiting Alice today?" Luna says, not sounding at all sure.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #838 on: May 14, 2014, 05:56:25 AM »
>"Sounds like a place to start. Worse comes to worst, we can probably figure out what the date is from Alice."
>How does one get to Alice's house?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #839 on: May 14, 2014, 09:24:27 AM »
>We went from Marisa's house to Alice's house to get Celia, so we should just retrace those steps.