Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kaksi  (Read 58337 times)

Re: Hatate Quest Kaksi
« Reply #750 on: May 04, 2014, 05:34:07 AM »
>"I'm thinking if we find Ran, she wouldn't be too far behind."

>"Good point, I'd almost forgot about that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #751 on: May 04, 2014, 05:48:07 AM »
>"In the meantime, this Greed thing's important, and we probably ought to deal with it. Well I say we, but you've pretty clearly earned a break."

« Reply #752 on: May 04, 2014, 08:46:27 AM »
>"In the meantime, this Greed thing's important, and we probably ought to deal with it. Well I say we, but you've pretty clearly earned a break."

>Momiji heaves a sigh. "What I'd really like, if I'm honest, is some ice. These stings itch like crazy." She glances around at the gathered humanoids. "I don't suppose any of your new friends over there can whip some up?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #753 on: May 04, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »
>"I guess Patchouli said no?"
>Try to recall, did any of them seem particularly ice capable?

« Reply #754 on: May 04, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »
>"I guess Patchouli said no?"
>Try to recall, did any of them seem particularly ice capable?

>"Actually, I didn't ask her." Momiji admits. With a look in Patchy's direction, she continues, "She doesn't seem like the type to ask for ice cubes."
>In terms of, well, most of them, you're not really sure what, if anything, their powers are, let alone if any of them are cryokinetic. Although, you do wonder about Celes' rings. She has a different ring on each finger, and at least one of them is magical of some sort. If the others aren't merely bling, they could have magical properties of their own, possibly even ice magic.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #755 on: May 04, 2014, 06:08:30 PM »
>Oh well. Approach the gang. Or if the gang has split up, the part of the gang that has Celes in it.
>"Hey, can anyone here conjure up some ice?"

« Reply #756 on: May 06, 2014, 03:41:25 AM »
>Oh well. Approach the gang. Or if the gang has split up, the part of the gang that has Celes in it.
>"Hey, can anyone here conjure up some ice?"

>The part of the gang that currently contains Celes is a small one, containing only Celes herself and Patchouli. The former of which turns her head in your direction when you ask. "Ice?" Absently, she brushes her fingers against each other. "Yes. Why?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #757 on: May 06, 2014, 03:47:28 AM »
>"My friend needs it for her wounds."

« Reply #758 on: May 06, 2014, 03:57:07 AM »
>"My friend needs it for her wounds."

>Celes glances behind you at Momiji, her eyes widening slightly. "Goodness. What happened?"
>"Just some hornet stings." Patchouli says absently. "She'll be fine."
>"Hornet stings? What kind of- Ahh, let me guess. Your friend had an encounter with a youkai named Haridoku?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #759 on: May 06, 2014, 04:00:06 AM »
>"That's the one."

« Reply #760 on: May 06, 2014, 04:20:09 AM »
>"That's the one."

>Celes nods, a note of sympathy on her face. "Sabine?" she calls out to her companion, who is presently conversing with Renzu.
>"Yeah, boss?"
>"Do you still have any of that salve Nyx made for treating hornet poisons?"
>"Little bit, why?' Celes points to Momiji, and the martial artist winces when she spies the lumps on her body. "Ouch." Sabine takes to the air, flying towards Momiji. "Hang tight, doggirl, I got ya covered."
>"We're very familiar with Haridoku, and her powers." Celes informs you as Sabine heads towards Momiji. "Whenever any of us visit the Scarlet Manor, we make a point of carrying salves and ointments to treat the stings of her kind. Suffice it to say, your friend is hardly the first to carry the marks of such an encounter."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #761 on: May 06, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »
>"Is she a friend of yours? Or a 'friend'?"

« Reply #762 on: May 07, 2014, 12:31:55 AM »
>"Is she a friend of yours? Or a 'friend'?"

>Celes glances at Patchouli before she answers. "'Acquaintance' might be the most appropriate word."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #763 on: May 07, 2014, 02:15:59 AM »
>"Sounds like a real winner."

« Reply #764 on: May 07, 2014, 02:39:44 AM »
>"Sounds like a real winner."

>"You can come out and say it." Patchouli remarks to Celes. "She's a pain."
>The steward of the Keep seems a bit reluctant to speak badly about Remilia's employee, but she does nod at Patchy's rather blunt statement. "Haridoku is not the most personable of youkai." she says at last. "Her sister seems able to smooth out her rougher edges, but this talent hasn't been found by anyone else that I am aware of."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #765 on: May 07, 2014, 02:56:23 AM »
>No wonder she and Remilia get along.
>"Oh?"

« Reply #766 on: May 07, 2014, 03:29:28 AM »
>No wonder she and Remilia get along.
>"Oh?"

>"Amitsu keeps her in line." Patchy adds. "Most of the time."
>"She's rather confrontational." Celes adds diplomatically. "One of the tenants of her job, as gate guard of the Scarlet Devil Manor, is to test the combat abilities of those who visit the Manor. She treats this aspect of the task rather more... seriously, than Meiling Hong does."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #767 on: May 07, 2014, 04:25:23 AM »
>"Sounds like a real prize, that one."

« Reply #768 on: May 07, 2014, 04:33:39 AM »
>"Sounds like a real prize, that one."

>"I don't mean to make her sound worse than she is." Celes assures you. "But she is rather gruff, there is no escaping that fact."
>"Anyway." Patchouli interrupts. "I've had a look at Greed's shield here. It won't take me much work to take it down. We've just been waiting on you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #769 on: May 07, 2014, 04:44:20 AM »
>"Any idea what to expect past it?"
>Is Miji getting her liniments?

« Reply #770 on: May 07, 2014, 04:54:59 AM »
>"Any idea what to expect past it?"
>Is Miji getting her liniments?

>"Not as yet." Celes replies. "The shield is obscuring my own scans, and absorbing Patchouli's attempts to scan past it."
>"We need to bring it down before we can see inside." the mage adds.

>Sabine has indeed produced a small green crock of something, and is applying a yellowish slimy substance to the ugly welt on Momiji's shoulder. It's hardly the prettiest medicine you've ever laid eyes on, but Momiji does seem to have a look of relief on her face.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #771 on: May 07, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
>"Once everyone is ready, I suppose. Don't want anyone to be caught off guard."

« Reply #772 on: May 08, 2014, 12:07:22 AM »
>"Once everyone is ready, I suppose. Don't want anyone to be caught off guard."

>With a brief sigh, Patchouli looks over at Sabine and Momiji. "I suppose I can wait a bit longer."
>"You seem a bit impatient, Patchouli." Celes observes.
>"How often does one get a chance to break into Marisa's, as opposed to the other way around?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #773 on: May 08, 2014, 01:32:30 AM »
>"Want the honor of going through the front door, then?"

« Reply #774 on: May 08, 2014, 01:43:38 AM »
>"Want the honor of going through the front door, then?"

>The SDM magus nods in Celes' direction. "She thought you'd actually want that honor."
>Celes nods in agreement. "It seemed a fair thing to suggest. You were the one that brought us all together here, Hatate, and the one that brought this situation to our attention. After, of course, Patchouli and I ensured it was safe." she adds.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #775 on: May 08, 2014, 02:03:48 AM »
>"I'd be okay with that. But I figured Pachouli'd want a picture of breaking in to cherish."

« Reply #776 on: May 08, 2014, 02:17:31 AM »
>"I'd be okay with that. But I figured Pachouli'd want a picture of breaking in to cherish."

>"Capitol idea." Patchouli says with a faint quirk of her lips. "Though I'd be timing her to see how long it'd take Marisa to steal it, once she gets back to her old habits."
>"I have wondered often how you tolerate her as much as you do." Celes observes.
>"She's hard to pin down." Patchy says sourly.

>At this point, Sabine appears to have finished her ministrations to the itchy white wolf. The yellowish ointment is none too attractive looking a medication, but it seems to have worked. At the least, Momiji seems rather more relieved than she did before.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #777 on: May 08, 2014, 02:41:07 AM »
>"Looks like everyone is ready."

« Reply #778 on: May 08, 2014, 02:47:03 AM »
>"Looks like everyone is ready."

>Patchouli unfolds her arms. "At last."
>As the archmage steps towards Marisa's house, Celes says to you, "You are as well, yes?"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #779 on: May 08, 2014, 03:40:17 AM »
>"I guess so. I mean, there's nothing I can think of to further prepare."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.