Author Topic: Left or right movement locking while playing touhou.  (Read 8109 times)

Left or right movement locking while playing touhou.
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:06:03 AM »
Sometimes while playing Touhou ( happens in both MoF and PCB) the left or right movement seems to get stuck, which makes it hard to play.  It usually resovles itself if I restart the game, and if I start up two games at once while the bug is in effect it dosn't affect the newly launched game.

Also, when playing on my laptop I can't move diagonally while using focus movement and shooting at the same time  :/

I guess it could be something wrong with my computer but if anyone have some insight i how to resolve (the former problem)  this i'd be thankful.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Left or right movement locking while playing touhou.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »
Known issue with laptop keyboards and how the keys on there are actually wired.

Solutions:
  • Use a USB / external(?) keyboard (most, if not all should be wired to allow the combination of buttons required)
  • Swap to a Game Pad or Stick...
  • Remap your keys
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:51:45 AM »
Thank you. Will remapping my keys also fix the movement error that happens sometimes I wonder. Seems unlikely though.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 01:03:54 AM »
Remapping the keys will (normally) fix the keyboard issues because it's a hardware issue. The computer can't detect the inputs because of the conflicting "switches" in the keyboard itself; the problem isn't caused by the actual computer as it were.

Example inputs using my keyboard:

Shift + z (+ left+up / down); works
Shift + z + right (+ up / down); does not work properly

z + x + left (+ up / down); works
z + x + right (+ up / down); works

The first set has a conflict in it which prevents the second set of input from working properly. The second set, while it uses the same number of keys does not have a conflict because different switches are used, and thus the input goes through.

Spoiler:
I say normally in the above as there have been cases where remapping does nothing at all; you can blame the inefficient wiring for that (evident mostly in older keyboards)
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 06:19:36 AM »
Regarding the left/right movement locking: Try pressing numpad left/right in the direction it gets stuck. That usually fixes it.