Author Topic: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!  (Read 223649 times)

Re: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2014, 03:19:48 PM »
It's quite surprising to see how people are jumping their bones and saying how the game will be bad and such.  I guess that it's also funny, it kind of is the first time a touhou game's trailer has been released huh? 

I just think that people should really be aware that these are probably the first levels.  Somebody here mentioned early the same thing, and I vehemently agree with them.  If StB or DS had trailers showing stages 1~3 people would probably agree those games' difficulties aren't all that hot.  But let's face it guys, they probably got a whole bunch of characters to add, so let's get our hopes up for some difficulty!

I personally am reeeally looking forward to see how the Tsukumos will fare in this!)

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »
Just registered to say this is what Touhou needs. I am a total noob (beyond noob actually ), but the depth of the abilities gives the game appeal beyond just danmaku. Can't wait to play it and if Zun is going to realize this in the west via playism like Studio Pixel is even better. Really like the idea of debating which items will work best towards a high score. It reminds me of the Mario 3d world speed runners debating who to pick for each level ( usually Luigi interestingly).  Glad to see danmaku puzzles being taken to a new dimension and can't wait to play it. It looks like Touhou is moving in a good direction.

P.s. No esp involved with playism comment, simple speculation because playism seems to be scooping up doujins / the interview comment. No greenlight also so if a steam release is in the cards it will be awhile till it happens... Not to mention the potential touhou haters mass clicking no.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »
Touhou 14.3 and we will play as Seija Kijin Ryuuko Matoi?
Spoiler:
Flip la Flip ~ The Game :V

Pretty cool news. but being completely honest here, I'd be much happier if it was Touhou 15.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2014, 03:57:42 PM »
See, my theory is that stages won't have a set item to use, but you can bring anything you want into a level so long as you've met these "proficiencies" (which I remain intrigued about). Therefore, a lot of the strategy and puzzle aspect becomes figuring out which items are the ones to use in each stage, and naturally there would be multiple ways of going about it. If true, then these levels being early game would be even more telling: They would be tutorials for a certain item and have an obvious setup for what to use (and, of course, the trailer knows which one to use). The latter stages would make it less obvious and the solution less all-encompassing, meaning even with these cheats you would have to do some tricky dodging.

Exactly. Also note that you have a main and a sub-item, meaning you're probably required to make use of two of them. You'll need to figure out which two to use.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2014, 04:00:49 PM »
ZUN tweeted: "I am certain, this games contain absolutely no fan service."
Sounds like he didn't like what happened in 13.5...

If so, good!  The last thing I want is for the series to go down the "sex sells route."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2014, 04:12:50 PM »
It's probably just a joke on Seija being the ultimate skirt-flipping machine.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2014, 04:17:47 PM »
What happened with 13.5?  Anyway, if there was something he didn't like about it, wouldn't he have vetoed stuff?  May not have been him making it, but doesn't he keep a close eye on the fighyers' development too?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
In other games, you get to use different characters with different abilities and attributes. Here, Seija is one character, but uses other characters' abilities. It's quite an inversion.

The cloak reminds me of Nitori, with her optical camo spell card. Even her Last Word has her donning such Invisibility Cloak.

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2014, 05:44:08 PM »
Haven't side games in general been much harder?  I know for Double Spoiler, ZUN commented that he was allowed to make it harder because it wasn't a main game or something.  If I recall correctly, at least.  Odds are pretty good he'll go all-out with this one, too.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2014, 05:47:31 PM »
I'm thinking that in order to increase an item's proficiency, you'd need to clear a certain number of different sufferings with that item. So, if there's a late game suffering that would be easier with just one more usage of an item or something, you could go back and clear some stages with it (having to find new strategiesaalong the way) and make the later stage easier!

However, since scoring seems to be about a combination of quick captures, grazing, and the bonus clearing, I can't imagine that simply "avoiding" things with invulnerable items and teleporting will amount to much score.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2014, 05:56:15 PM »
Also, Seija has the power to reverse things...

Does that mean if I lose on the game, I'll win instead? :V

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Pirated

• Fairy of Average Intelljence
  • Touhou... that's an anime, right?
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2014, 06:27:52 PM »
I'm honestly really optimistic about this game. I feel that it's another photography with a twist, explaining why Aya probably will be absent.  I actually like Double Dealing Character alot, even if it was a little easy.

Haven't side games in general been much harder?  I know for Double Spoiler, ZUN commented that he was allowed to make it harder because it wasn't a main game or something.  If I recall correctly, at least.  Odds are pretty good he'll go all-out with this one, too.
ZUN said the difficulty was higher because people would not discover Touhou with it. I personally welcome the challenge, as ever since SA the games have gotten easier.

14.3? Sounds like there will be more side games. Maybe even a Hopeless Masquerade expansion, eh?
As for the HM expansion theory, I personally feel that it won't be that at ALL, due to the fact the Hopeless Masquerade ending this religion arc, starting with MoF. (The absence of the religion arc in DDC made me very happy, I hated the arc.) This also makes be believe that religion arc characters will probably be absent, but I won't rule it out.

1cc N: PoDD, LLS, MS, PoFV
1cc H: You're joking, right?

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2014, 06:42:41 PM »
I'm thinking that in order to increase an item's proficiency, you'd need to clear a certain number of different sufferings with that item. So, if there's a late game suffering that would be easier with just one more usage of an item or something, you could go back and clear some stages with it (having to find new strategiesaalong the way) and make the later stage easier!
I hope that isn't what happens, since then it would just be a matter of grinding to be able to beat difficult spell cards. Plus, some might be way too easy if a certain item is too high levelled, and just break the card.
I was thinking that the proficiency is likely to be a card-specific thing; by that, I mean that each item will have its own proficiency against each spell card, which would make balancing them all possible, since if a certain item worked way better than any other in a certain situation, the proficiency might be lowered, so as to make it more balanced.
Anyway, I'm looking forwards to this. I have no doubt that the game will be much harder than what was shown in the trailer, and an expansion on the idea behind the photography games seems like it will be great.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2014, 06:46:10 PM »
Hopeless Masquerade expansion doesn't mean it'd have to expand on the original story. Soku was more of it's own story in itself and it was an expansion on SWR, gameplay-wise.

The thing is that I also think it's doubtful as Tasofro was working hard on patching the game, though recently the game hasn't been patched for a few months now. This might be because they might have moved on to the expansion but it's doubtful at a short time. Then again, it's not like they're making an entirely new engine again :V

If they do though, it'd most likely be 14.8. 14.5 is a bit too soon for an expansion.

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2014, 07:05:36 PM »
At first I saw something about this somewhere and thought it was a late April Fools Day joke, because it sounded too awesome. One thing I'm really excited for is the fact that it seems like a "boss-rush" type of game, similar to Aya's games, but you actually get to take the bosses' health down whereas Aya used nothing but her camera. I played the camera games a lot when I wanted some quick dodging practice against characters without going through the waves of fairies during a level (and don't get me wrong, those parts are great in their own way too), and now this game looks like you'll be able to pick a stage to dodge, shoot and use creative bombs to do in the bosses. Can't wait :D

« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2014, 07:46:22 PM »
I read this before watching the trailer and I didn't think I'd like it, but the trailer looks awesome. I don't know what ya'll are talking about >_>  I really like the idea, but some of those items could be really unbalanced if ZUN doesn't do it right. I noticed that the camera saves snapshots of the attacks, like in StB/DS. Do we know if that's relevent or just a throwback? Also, DDC kept talking about the tools and the tools becoming tsukumogami, and this game features Seija using other characters' tools, so... connection? I don't read Japanese, but I definitely saw a 2014, a 5, and an 11 in there. Is he planning on releasing a demo in May?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2014, 08:04:36 PM »
I don't read Japanese, but I definitely saw a 2014, a 5, and an 11 in there. Is he planning on releasing a demo in May?
Wiki says the full game will be released on May 11, 2014 at Reitaisai 11.

Also, I'm pretty sure the saved pictures are just a reference to the photo games. Just a funny nod.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Pirated

• Fairy of Average Intelljence
  • Touhou... that's an anime, right?
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2014, 09:22:05 PM »
Hopeless Masquerade expansion doesn't mean it'd have to expand on the original story. Soku was more of it's own story in itself and it was an expansion on SWR, gameplay-wise.

The thing is that I also think it's doubtful as Tasofro was working hard on patching the game, though recently the game hasn't been patched for a few months now. This might be because they might have moved on to the expansion but it's doubtful at a short time. Then again, it's not like they're making an entirely new engine again :V

If they do though, it'd most likely be 14.8. 14.5 is a bit too soon for an expansion.
That's true. A celestial causing trouble has nothing to do with a giant balloon  :V
As for a release period, I feel that even 14.8 would be to early for an expansion. I think it would be after 15, but I honestly don't want at all. I thought that HM's combat was very poor.

1cc N: PoDD, LLS, MS, PoFV
1cc H: You're joking, right?

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2014, 11:13:32 PM »
Also we should be able to see Hata no Kokoro using Danmaku in this game :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2014, 11:34:33 PM »
What happened with 13.5?

Byakuren's bountiful breasts were bodaciously bouncy.

« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2014, 12:38:58 AM »
I kinda read it to mean that Zun was joking around. The game seems to be overflowing with fanservice ("Ooh look it's that character!"). I think that maybe during his trip to the US he saw how much his fans, over here at least, still enjoy characters from older games (and he seemed to be pretty impressed with the scroll too). The video showed Keine and Yuyuko, and who knows how many other characters, plus the items which were taken from various characters. It kind of seems like a gift to the fans to me.

There's also the point he mentioned bringing Touhou to other countries, and that he might try it with a new game first... And with a game like this, he can reuse character graphics and such, saving some time, and have fun remixing the spell cards.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2014, 01:01:27 AM »
Exactly. Also note that you have a main and a sub-item, meaning you're probably required to make use of two of them. You'll need to figure out which two to use.
Yeah, I though that was pretty clear in the video. Figuring out the pluses and minuses of which items to use.

Where the fan service is concerned, I understand there was some jokey talk about it wrt HM. He might've been making a nod to that.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2014, 01:33:50 AM »
That's true. A celestial causing trouble has nothing to do with a giant balloon  :V
As for a release period, I feel that even 14.8 would be to early for an expansion. I think it would be after 15, but I honestly don't want at all. I thought that HM's combat was very poor.
The combat was simplified, but if you watch a lot of high level play in japanese tournaments it's actually pretty solid. The biggest problem was how incomplete the game was at release. A lot of general fighting game players thinks it's better than SWR/soku, mechanics-wise, because it gets rid of the random factor entirely, which was completely unhealthy for high-level/competitive play.

Soku was good though if played really casually and don't care about the random factors, but some problems still heavily persists (namely river mist, typhoon, and the random deck system).

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2014, 02:07:23 AM »
it still lacks meiling tho

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2014, 02:32:18 AM »
I think it's too early to assume that there's going to be a 14.5 and a 14.8
Signature

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2014, 02:39:30 AM »
Also we should be able to see Hata no Kokoro using Danmaku in this game :)

This I like...

« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2014, 03:33:28 AM »
Yea, I assumed the fan service remark was about fan service of the sexual nature due to HM, too.  The only "official" Touhou game that has it!

...although it was hilariously eally telling on Byakuren's inner personality if she used her magic for that.

it still lacks meiling tho

It might have her.  Probably not, though.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2014, 06:14:16 AM »
It wouldn't be a surprise if Cirno made an appearance in this game. >.> I still love that ZUN decided to put old characters back again for this game too. (PC-98 cast confirmed...not)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2014, 06:55:08 AM »
If the theme is Fuck Da Police, then Kotohime will definitely have to return.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2014, 07:24:36 AM »
I think it's too early to assume that there's going to be a 14.5 and a 14.8
Maybe they (either ZUN or Tasofro) will do a 14.7 just to really throw us off. (probably not but it'd be funny) And if they do, I called it first.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>