Author Topic: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?!  (Read 194654 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?!
« Reply #510 on: July 06, 2012, 11:57:34 PM »
>Ah, so it was just more beligerence. She had us worried for a moment.
>Present the materials.
>"Well, it just so happens that I've been fixing that little problem."
>You're rather relieved. It was much better than what was running through your mind.
>You show Komachi the things you've found.
>Komachi leans towards you to get a better look.
>"You're really annoying, you know that? So, you going to write anything for me to sign, or what?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #511 on: July 07, 2012, 12:02:58 AM »
>Write down a summary of Higan's current condition, but leave out the part about the courtroom time-looping or whatever it is that's going on in there. Once done, give it to Komachi to sign.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #512 on: July 07, 2012, 12:04:57 AM »
>Write down a summary of Higan's current condition, but leave out the part about the courtroom time-looping or whatever it is that's going on in there. Once done, give it to Komachi to sign.
>How do you want to word this?

>_

« Reply #513 on: July 07, 2012, 10:34:59 PM »
I'm not good at legal talk. Can we just put the message and assume Yukari knows enough to write it properly?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #514 on: July 08, 2012, 07:52:33 AM »
I dunno, but how about this:

I am Yukari Yakumo, the Youkai of Boundaries. As such, it is my duty to oversee the Great Boundary of Gensokyo. I was recently trapped for two years within the boundary, and finally exited to discover that great damage was dealt to it, courtesy of a Kappa. As such, I have been doing everything in my power to correct the damaged boundary, which has manifested in the form of rifts. I have so far corrected the rifts at Hakugyokurou, and at the Moriya Shrine. However, there remains a rift which has apparently caused the Sanzu River and Muenzuka to be inaccessible from Gensokyo, both to youkai and souls, with me being the only exception. I have reason to believe that your intervention will be necessary to resolve this crisis, and would like to discuss a possible solution. As this event has severe effects on the cycle of life and death, I hope that it would not be too presumptuous of me to assume that this crisis would take precedence over the trial currently in progress. Furthermore, once the crisis is resolved, I wish to discuss the fate of the soul which is currently under trial, which I believe is that of the hell crow Utsuho Reiuji. I desperately hope for your cooperation in this matter.

Signed,
Yukari Yakumo, (current date)

I, the undersigned, hereby certify that the above account is true to the best of my knowledge.

(Komachi signs here)

If anyone has any suggestions for changes, feel free to make them. Otherwise, one of you can go ahead and ener it.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #515 on: July 08, 2012, 09:07:30 AM »
>Write that, but without the part about Utsuho.

No need to mention Utsuho yet. Right now, we need to convince Shiki that we're not lying. We shouldn't complicate matters by bringing Utsuho up just yet; that can wait until Higan's been restored.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #516 on: July 08, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »
>Write that, but without the part about Utsuho.
>You think for a moment before writing the following:
I am Yukari Yakumo, the Youkai of Boundaries. As such, it is my duty to oversee the Great Boundary of Gensokyo. I was recently trapped for two years within the boundary, and finally exited to discover that great damage was dealt to it, courtesy of a Kappa. As such, I have been doing everything in my power to correct the damaged boundary, which has manifested in the form of rifts. I have so far corrected the rifts at Hakugyokurou, and at the Moriya Shrine. However, there remains a rift which has apparently caused the Sanzu River and Muenzuka to be inaccessible from Gensokyo, both to youkai and souls, with me being the only exception. I have reason to believe that your intervention will be necessary to resolve this crisis, and would like to discuss a possible solution. As this event has severe effects on the cycle of life and death, I hope that it would not be too presumptuous of me to assume that this crisis would take precedence over the trial currently in progress. I desperately hope for your cooperation in this matter.

Signed,
Yukari Yakumo, (current date)

I, the undersigned, hereby certify that the above account is true to the best of my knowledge.

(Komachi signs here)
>"You've got pretty good eyes to be able to write something in this darkness."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #517 on: July 08, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »
>Hand it and the pen to Komachi.
>"Sign, please."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #518 on: July 09, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »
>Hand it and the pen to Komachi.
>"Sign, please."
>You hold out the statement and pen to Komachi, who takes only the statement from you.
>"It really is too dark to read anything like this. Still wondering how you managed to write anything."
>"You got a light?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #519 on: July 09, 2012, 02:17:44 AM »
>We should be able to make a small light. For one of our power, that ought to be a simple task. So do that.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #520 on: July 09, 2012, 04:02:13 AM »
>We should be able to make a small light. For one of our power, that ought to be a simple task. So do that.
>Indeed, that is a simple task. You conjure a small light for Komachi.
>"Much better. Now let's see here..."
>You can see Komachi reading the contents of the statement.
>"Well, I guess this much is true according to what you've been saying."
>"I don't get why you need this, but whatever."
>You see Komachi take out a rather ornate black feather, with which she appends her signature to your statement.
>Komachi then holds out the statement to you again.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #521 on: July 09, 2012, 06:39:24 AM »
>Take it.
>"Thank you. Hopefully, I won't require any further aid."
>Reenter the courthouse.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #522 on: July 09, 2012, 07:46:11 AM »
>Take it.
>"Thank you. Hopefully, I won't require any further aid."
>Reenter the courthouse.
>You take your statement back from Komachi.
>"You better not. It's been enough of a bother as is."
>You leave Komachi and head back inside the courthouse.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #523 on: July 09, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »
>Enter the courtroom.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #524 on: July 10, 2012, 04:06:27 AM »
>Enter the courtroom.
>You enter the courtroom once more.
>From the aisles to your side there is chatter once more, which is soon silenced by the sound of a gavel.
>"Order! Order!"
>You see Shikieiki glare at you.
>"Who is it that dares disturb my court?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #525 on: July 10, 2012, 05:29:31 AM »
>"My name is Yukari Yakumo, and I am here because of a most urgent manner."
>Present the written statement.
>"This statement summarizes the situation, and to attest to its veracity, Komachi Onozuka has signed it as a witness."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #526 on: July 10, 2012, 05:57:11 AM »
>"My name is Yukari Yakumo, and I am here because of a most urgent manner."
>Present the written statement.
>"This statement summarizes the situation, and to attest to its veracity, Komachi Onozuka has signed it as a witness."
>"Understand that we are in the middle of a court session here. I do not care how urgent your business is, your rudeness will not be tolerated. Are you claiming your business to be of more importance than what happens to this soul?"
>You pull out your statement.
>"My reaper? Hmph! Very well, may the weight of this judgement rest upon your shoulders."
>"On the count of assault with a weapon, I find the defendant to be guilty."
>"On the count of aggravated assault, I find the defendant to be guilty."
>"On the count of arson, I find the defendant to be guilty."
>"On the count of attempted murder, I find the defendant to be guilty."
>"On the count of recklessness, I find the defendant to be guilty."
>"The defendant is, without a doubt, a irredeemable soul. She shall spend an eternity in hell. This trial is concluded."
>Shikieiki raps her gavel several times.
>You can hear muttering break out throughout the courtroom, as well as the shuffling of feet towards the exits.
>The blurry figure is also moving towards an exit, one near the back of the court.
>You see Shikieiki give a small sigh before getting off her stand and walking towards you.
>After a few moments pass, you find Shikieiki standing in front of you.
>"So, let me see this so-called urgent statement of yours."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #527 on: July 10, 2012, 06:13:57 PM »
>Damn. Hopefully this doesn't make it much harder to get Okuu's soul back. Althoughif we have to, we can probably just gap it out of hell once we've fixed things here and can gap again.
>Hand Eiki the statement.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #528 on: July 11, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »
>She wasn't referring to us when she said that the weight of the judgement rests on 'your' shoulders, was she?

« Reply #529 on: July 11, 2012, 04:21:58 AM »
>She'd better not, it's not our fault that she's too dogmatic to just suspend the trial temporarily.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #530 on: July 11, 2012, 04:34:50 AM »
>Damn. Hopefully this doesn't make it much harder to get Okuu's soul back. Althoughif we have to, we can probably just gap it out of hell once we've fixed things here and can gap again.
>Hand Eiki the statement.
>Hopefully.
>You hand over your written statement to Shikieiki, who begins to read through it quickly.
>"If the problem is with the border, then that is your domain, not mine. Not to mention that you already seem to know what you are doing if you have fixed similar problems elsewhere. I do not quite understand how you expect me to be of help. "

>She wasn't referring to us when she said that the weight of the judgement rests on 'your' shoulders, was she?
>She'd better not, it's not our fault that she's too dogmatic to just suspend the trial temporarily.
>You assume that she was. Though you do find that to be rather unjust.

>_

« Reply #531 on: July 11, 2012, 05:06:05 AM »
>"Every single rift required the assistance of the residents within to be fixed. The cause of the damage seems to tie itself to those within and objects and places that hold significance for them."
>"Right now, I can tell that it at least involves this courtroom. If I am correct, leaving here should start to undo the rift. At worst, you are liable to notice the things around Higan that aren't as they should be."
> Actually, considering the pattern that's 50-50, but eh. She needs to leave the courtroom.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #532 on: July 11, 2012, 06:08:54 AM »
> Hold on a minute. Do we think we can get a soul out of hell once it's been sentenced?
> "..Wait, how can you just decide someone is guilty without a fair trial?"

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #533 on: July 11, 2012, 06:18:57 AM »
>"Every single rift required the assistance of the residents within to be fixed. The cause of the damage seems to tie itself to those within and objects and places that hold significance for them."
>"Right now, I can tell that it at least involves this courtroom. If I am correct, leaving here should start to undo the rift. At worst, you are liable to notice the things around Higan that aren't as they should be."
> Actually, considering the pattern that's 50-50, but eh. She needs to leave the courtroom.
>"I see. And how do you propose that I help?"
>"So you simply wish for me to leave this room?"
>That's got to be a start, right?

> Hold on a minute. Do we think we can get a soul out of hell once it's been sentenced?
> "..Wait, how can you just decide someone is guilty without a fair trial?"
>Unless you can get someone to reverse the judgement, it would be rather difficult.
>"Without a fair trial? You are quite mistaken. I had already heard enough to make my decision, and said decision is final."

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #534 on: July 11, 2012, 06:31:41 AM »
>"So you simply wish for me to leave this room?"

> "Yes."

> Remind self why we wanted to rescue Utsuho.

Shadoweh

« Reply #535 on: July 11, 2012, 06:32:58 AM »
> "If that were true you wouldn't hold me accountable for the sentence. If the judgement is on my shoulders then I appeal. I know that soul to be kind, hardly irredeemable at all."

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #536 on: July 11, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »
> "Yes."

> Remind self why we wanted to rescue Utsuho.
>"That is simple enough. Do you mind if I return to my office, then?"
>You wished to reclaim Utsuho's soul so that Nitori could resurrect her.

> "If that were true you wouldn't hold me accountable for the sentence. If the judgement is on my shoulders then I appeal. I know that soul to be kind, hardly irredeemable at all."
>"Unfortunately, there is paperwork that must be processed before any appeal can be lodged."
>"So if that is all, then I shall take my leave to process this case."

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #537 on: July 11, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »
> "...But you haven't processed the case yet. She's still here. I am asking you to suspend your judgement. It's not time for this soul to pass. Sentencing her now would be a mistake."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #538 on: July 11, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »
> "...But you haven't processed the case yet. She's still here. I am asking you to suspend your judgement. It's not time for this soul to pass. Sentencing her now would be a mistake."
>"It matters not, the decision has been made. All that is left is to record it as such."
>"You felt it necessary to interrupt the trial so that you could have me leave this room, did you not? How much longer do you intend to hold me?"

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #539 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
:s I'm at a loss what to do. I'm pretty sure if we just leave things as they are we lose Okuu's soul.

> Load save.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:48:57 AM by Shadoweh »