Author Topic: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?!  (Read 194170 times)

Re: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?!
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2012, 12:36:53 PM »
>Well....we knew she was mad, but didn't see that coming. Maybe our comment on it being years since they met wasn't off the mark.
>For Satori to get physical....
>"Just what happened between you two?"
>Make sure to keep our eyes on Koishi so she doesn't vanish on us.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2012, 12:26:22 AM »
>Well....we knew she was mad, but didn't see that coming. Maybe our comment on it being years since they met wasn't off the mark.
>For Satori to get physical....
>"Just what happened between you two?"
>Make sure to keep our eyes on Koishi so she doesn't vanish on us.
>Just how long has it really been since they've seen each other.
>You wonder what happened between the two of them. In fact, you voice this though.
>Satori ignores you and Koishi seems too shocked to register anything.
>Satori takes a step towards her sister again.
>"What the hell have you been doing?! Where have you been?! Answer me!"
>You continue to watch Koishi, who simply sits there in shock.
>"Master..."
>Rin is also watching the two of them, unable to do much.

>_

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2012, 03:33:45 AM »
>If Satori goes to get physical with Koishi again, grab her. If Koishi tries to leave or we'd need to take our eyes off of her, grab her too.
>"Okay, clearly there are some issues between the two of you and both of you are going to talk this out before it gets any worse."
>"First, when was the last time you two really saw each other before today?"
>Somehow, we doubt that Koishi's sense of time is any form of accurate considering how she seems to be in her own world most of the time.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2012, 06:47:13 AM »
>If Satori goes to get physical with Koishi again, grab her. If Koishi tries to leave or we'd need to take our eyes off of her, grab her too.
>"Okay, clearly there are some issues between the two of you and both of you are going to talk this out before it gets any worse."
>"First, when was the last time you two really saw each other before today?"
>Somehow, we doubt that Koishi's sense of time is any form of accurate considering how she seems to be in her own world most of the time.
>To do either of these, you would need to get closer to one of them.
>"Just the other day! Why'd you hit me, 'sis?!"
>"'The other day'... Perhaps that could have been the case two years ago. Don't you dare to call yourself my sister when you abandoned us to chase after your fantasies."
>"'S-sis...?"
>Satori takes another step towards Koishi. Koishi tries to keep the distance between herself and her sister.
>It would seem that Koishi's estimate of time was pretty off.

>_

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2012, 07:26:58 AM »
>Two years ago.......
>Do we detect anything odd on Koishi? While we're at it, do we detect anything odd on anyone here?
>"Satori, I know you're angry but shouldn't you listen to her side of the story first?"
>"...Koishi, after you saw your sister back then, what else do you remember about that day? How many days was it since the border cracked?"
>With the timing of events, did something happen to her when the border cracked? If two gods could get mind-wiped by it, anyone's fair game at this point.
>Get closer to Koishi; she's the one likely to run and if we're close to her, we can just catch Satori if she gets carried away.
>The grabbing thing from before still applies; it's not normal to lose track of time like that no matter how you look at it and at the least we can't just let a family fall apart like this.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2012, 09:18:21 AM »
>Two years ago.......
>Do we detect anything odd on Koishi? While we're at it, do we detect anything odd on anyone here?
>"Satori, I know you're angry but shouldn't you listen to her side of the story first?"
>"...Koishi, after you saw your sister back then, what else do you remember about that day? How many days was it since the border cracked?"
>With the timing of events, did something happen to her when the border cracked? If two gods could get mind-wiped by it, anyone's fair game at this point.
>Get closer to Koishi; she's the one likely to run and if we're close to her, we can just catch Satori if she gets carried away.
>The grabbing thing from before still applies; it's not normal to lose track of time like that no matter how you look at it and at the least we can't just let a family fall apart like this.
>That is quite some time.
>You do not.
>Satori stops to look at you.
>"And what is there to listen to? Knowing her, all she will have done is wander aimlessly for the past two years. Tell me, Koishi, am I wrong?"
>Koishi does not respond.
>You step closer to Koishi. Satori sees this and makes a "Hmph" noise.
>"I can't stand to look at you any longer. Rin, we're going. My apologies, but I shall be taking my leave."
>"Master..."
>Satori begins to walk off. Rin begrudgingly follows, though she gives you and a Koishi an apologetic look before following Satori.
>You are left there with Koishi, who is still sitting there on the ground, staring at where Satori left.
>"... You're wrong, 'sis..."
>You think that Koishi looks to be on the verge of crying.

>_

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »
>Wonder why Satori didn't just read her mind. Do her powers not work on Koishi?
>Ah boy. Satori's angry and should probably be left alone for now...Rin knows her better than us and would be best to calm her down. Putting up with the Yama with her emotions running high like that will lead to tears.
>Speaking of which.
>"If she's wrong, what have you been doing for the past two years?"
>Say that in a non-accusatory manner. We really should get Koishi's whole story first.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
>Wonder why Satori didn't just read her mind. Do her powers not work on Koishi?
>Ah boy. Satori's angry and should probably be left alone for now...Rin knows her better than us and would be best to calm her down. Putting up with the Yama with her emotions running high like that will lead to tears.
>Speaking of which.
>"If she's wrong, what have you been doing for the past two years?"
>Say that in a non-accusatory manner. We really should get Koishi's whole story first.
>You assume that that's the case, though you would have to ask Satori for the details.
>You doubt that Satori is in the state of mind to do much right now. Not to mention that you're also worried about Koishi.
>"I just wanted to find something to make Orin-rin happy! I haven't been doing nothing! 'Sis never cares! Never!"
>Koishi's voice falters as tears begin to run down her face.

>_

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2012, 03:32:26 PM »
>By some miracle, do we have experience comforting people to call on?
>Be comforting!
>"Hey, I'm sure your sister does care; she cared enough to come looking for you. She's just stressed right now because Okuu's been gone. Let her cool down a bit."
>"Something to make Orin happy? Did you find anything?"
>"....But it might have helped if you visited in between. Vanishing for two years isn't nice."
>Supply shoulder to cry on if needed.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2012, 03:55:50 PM »
I get the feeling her condition makes it rather hard for her to get the problem. Doesn't seem like she experiences the flow of time as you normally would.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2012, 12:23:13 AM »
>LEt's say this first: "Of course she cares. The fact that she's angry proves it. People don't angry about things that don't matter to them at all."
>"She was worried about you, Koishi. DO you understand what I mean when I say that?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2012, 12:54:29 AM »
>LEt's say this first: "Of course she cares. The fact that she's angry proves it. People don't angry about things that don't matter to them at all."
>"She was worried about you, Koishi. DO you understand what I mean when I say that?
>"If she cared she would understand! 'Sis never cares!"
>"'Sis never listens to me! 'Sis always has it easy! 'Sis never worries about anything!"

>By some miracle, do we have experience comforting people to call on?
>Be comforting!
>"Hey, I'm sure your sister does care; she cared enough to come looking for you. She's just stressed right now because Okuu's been gone. Let her cool down a bit."
>"Something to make Orin happy? Did you find anything?"
>"....But it might have helped if you visited in between. Vanishing for two years isn't nice."
>Supply shoulder to cry on if needed.
>A bit of it.
>You try your best to be as comforting as possible.
>"So you're saying 'sis cares about Okuu but not me..."
>Koishi begins wailing as she sits on the ground. She looks rather pathetic.
>Koishi doesn't seem to hear anything else you say. She simply continues to cry.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2012, 03:10:54 AM »
>Right. Let's try a different approach.
>Grab Koishi and pull her up, facing us.
>"Okay, you know what? Shut up. If she doesn't unerstand, it's because you don'ttalk to her. If she's angry, it's because she hasn't seen you for two years and you never even tried to get in touch with her, so she was worrying herself sick. Add in Utsuho, and she must've been an absolute wreck. Now she knows what to do for Utsuho. She's helping Utsuho because she can, because she knows how. But you? She couldn't even find you, and now that she has, you're just pushing her away. If she's not helping you, it's your own fault. And consider this: she inturrupted our trip to Higan to find Utsuho to come here and find you. Do you relly think tht means she cares about Utsuho but not about you?"
>"Bottom line, Koishi: stop your damn whining, woman the hell up, and go talk to your sister. Unlike what you're doing now, that might actually accomplish something."

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2012, 05:13:34 AM »
> Don't say/do this.

I really really don't think this is a good idea. Her sister being angry at her was what got her into this state, so maybe we shouldn't try the same approach.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2012, 05:17:37 AM »
>Right. Let's try a different approach.
>Grab Koishi and pull her up, facing us.
>"Okay, you know what? Shut up. If she doesn't unerstand, it's because you don'ttalk to her. If she's angry, it's because she hasn't seen you for two years and you never even tried to get in touch with her, so she was worrying herself sick. Add in Utsuho, and she must've been an absolute wreck. Now she knows what to do for Utsuho. She's helping Utsuho because she can, because she knows how. But you? She couldn't even find you, and now that she has, you're just pushing her away. If she's not helping you, it's your own fault. And consider this: she inturrupted our trip to Higan to find Utsuho to come here and find you. Do you relly think tht means she cares about Utsuho but not about you?"
>"Bottom line, Koishi: stop your damn whining, woman the hell up, and go talk to your sister. Unlike what you're doing now, that might actually accomplish something."
> Don't say/do this.
>You feel conflicted in regards to how you should act.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2012, 05:39:07 AM »
>The nice approach hasn't been working. If we start taking a somewhat harsher approach, the contrast will likely provoke a new response.

When one strategy isn't working, you go with a different one. And if it's a widely different one, the contrast adds to the effect.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2012, 07:29:16 AM »
>The nice approach hasn't been working. If we start taking a somewhat harsher approach, the contrast will likely provoke a new response.
>You consider the benefits of using a harsher approach.

>_

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »
Being quite that harsh about it may or may not work, but Koishi seems to be the emotional equivalent of an eight year old; to make them understand you need to spell it out in brutal detail.
But yeah, she's acting like a spoiled brat so a bit harsher for her own good.

>They really are sisters; neither wants to see the other's point of view
>Give Koishi a few minutes to either get the tears out of her system or exhaust herself enough to stop wailing so loud.
>Get our firm disciplining voice going. If she's still crying speak loud enough to get her attention; we've dealt with all kinds of people in our long life, we can handle this
>"Koishi!"
>Once we get her attention, let's get this going.
>"Just because someone cares about you, doesn't mean that they automatically understand, especially when you don't tell them anything."
>" You say that Satori doesn't care but think about how she felt. You vanished for two years; for all she knew you had gotten yourself hurt or killed."
>" Then Utsuho vanished as well and she had her worry over both of you that she couldn't show because she had to stay strong for Rin. On top of that, she then found out that Utsuho was dead and had to control her own grief and Rin's at once while still worrying about you."
>Yeah at this point time to be brutal; she needs to understand what her sister has been putting up with.
>"Now she's going to confront the Yama herself to try to get Utsuho's soul back, but when she caught sight of you, she stopped everything, after years of worrying, to come down here and make sure you were okay. Because she was still worried about you since she hadn't seen you for two years. After what happened to Utsuho, she must have been relieved to see that you weren't dead."
>"She isn't mad because she doesn't care; she's mad because she thinks you don't care. And after how you've behaved, she has good reason to believe that."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:18:16 AM by Darkoda »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
>They really are sisters; neither wants to see the other's point of view
>Give Koishi a few minutes to either get the tears out of her system or exhaust herself enough to stop wailing so loud.
>Get our firm disciplining voice going. If she's still crying speak loud enough to get her attention; we've dealt with all kinds of people in our long life, we can handle this
>"Koishi!"
>Once we get her attention, let's get this going.
>"Just because someone cares about you, doesn't mean that they automatically understand, especially when you don't tell them anything."
>" You say that Satori doesn't care but think about how she felt. You vanished for two years; for all she knew you had gotten yourself hurt or killed."
>" Then Utsuho vanished as well and she had her worry over both of you that she couldn't show because she had to stay strong for Rin. On top of that, she then found out that Utsuho was dead and had to control her own grief and Rin's at once while still worrying about you."
>Yeah at this point time to be brutal; she needs to understand what her sister has been putting up with.
>"Now she's going to confront the Yama herself to try to get Utsuho's soul back, but when she caught sight of you, she stopped everything, after years of worrying, to come down here and make sure you were okay. Because she was still worried about you since she hadn't seen you for two years. After what happened to Utsuho, she must have been relieved to see that you weren't dead."
>"She isn't mad because she doesn't care; she's mad because she thinks you don't care. And after how you've behaved, she has good reason to believe that."
>Unfortunately, that puts you into the role of their mediator.
>You give Koishi a few minutes. She doesn't seem to be showing any signs of stopping her tears.
>You're good with discipline, right? You call Koishi's name. She doesn't respond the first time, so you call her a few more times until she finally looks at you.
>"But 'sis never understands!"
>"I always tell 'sis that she doesn't have to worry about me! 'Sis knows that I'll be back!"
>"But I was looking for Okuu too! Orin always looked so sad and I couldn't see Okuu anywhere so I thought that if I found Okuu Orin would be happy again!"
>Koishi freezes when you mention what happened to Okuu.
>"Eh...? Okuu's... dead?"
>"You're lying. You're lying! Okuu's strong! Okuu is amazing! Okuu can't die! Okuu's just hiding and I have to find her!"
>You tell Koishi more about her sister's plight, and Koishi simply screams back at you in response.
>"Shut up! Stop lying! 'Sis said it's never good to lie!"
>"It's your fault isn't it?! It's your fault 'sis hit me! It's your fault I can't find Okuu! You took Okuu, didn't you?! You just want Okuu for yourself, don't you?!"
>Koishi is on her feet, tears still running down her face, and is staring at you with a look of hatred.

>_

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »
>Keep calm; someone needs to stay rational here.
>"You closed your third eye, your sister did not. If I was lying, don't you think she would have noticed? While she either can't or won't read your heart, that doesn't apply to anyone else."
>"Both of you are acting like children; if you were looking for Utsuho, why didn't you just tell Satori? It wouldn't have hurt for you to visit now and again and tell her of your progress. Besides, if you visited her, I wouldn't need to be the one telling you things you should already know."
>"Utsuho's soul is in Higan. Satori and Rin are going there, and I'm going to open the path."
>"You can stay here and act the age you look, or you can act the age you are and go talk to your sister since clearly neither of you understand each other right now."
>This is getting ridiculous. Under any event if Koishi gets violent we have our spellcards and umbrella this time, so smacking her and dragging her to Satori is an option.
>Hopefully she'll go on her own though.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2012, 01:17:12 PM »
>Keep calm; someone needs to stay rational here.
>"You closed your third eye, your sister did not. If I was lying, don't you think she would have noticed? While she either can't or won't read your heart, that doesn't apply to anyone else."
>"Both of you are acting like children; if you were looking for Utsuho, why didn't you just tell Satori? It wouldn't have hurt for you to visit now and again and tell her of your progress. Besides, if you visited her, I wouldn't need to be the one telling you things you should already know."
>"Utsuho's soul is in Higan. Satori and Rin are going there, and I'm going to open the path."
>"You can stay here and act the age you look, or you can act the age you are and go talk to your sister since clearly neither of you understand each other right now."
>This is getting ridiculous. Under any event if Koishi gets violent we have our spellcards and umbrella this time, so smacking her and dragging her to Satori is an option.
>Hopefully she'll go on her own though.
>Nothing good will come out of getting angry yourself, right?
>"What does that have to do with anything?! Where's Okuu?! Where are you hiding her?! Give Okuu back!"
>"I don't have to answer to you! Tell me where Okuu is!"
>"Stop talking like Okuu's dead! Okuu can't die!"
>You really wish that you didn't have to deal with things like this.
>Although you could fight her, you wish to avoid such a confrontation.
>It doesn't seem like Koishi has any plans to see her sister in the immediate future.

>_

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2012, 02:16:01 PM »
>How far are we from Higan?
>"Enough of this stupidity. If you think I have Utsuho, by all means follow me. It's not as if you can get into Higan without me so I might as well show you where she is."
>Start flying towards Higan while keeping an eye on Koishi.
>In fact, pull out the umbrella and keep it open above us both as a shield if she shoots at us and to complete the troll effect while we fly backwards.

It will probably be far easier at this point to just leave and let her follow us since she thinks we have Okuu.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »
>How far are we from Higan?
>"Enough of this stupidity. If you think I have Utsuho, by all means follow me. It's not as if you can get into Higan without me so I might as well show you where she is."
>Start flying towards Higan while keeping an eye on Koishi.
>In fact, pull out the umbrella and keep it open above us both as a shield if she shoots at us and to complete the troll effect while we fly backwards.
>Still quite some distance. It would take roughly two hours to reach Higan by flight from where you are.
>"I'm not stupid! You're stupid!"
>"It's a trap, isn't it?! You're trying to take me just like you took Okuu! I won't let you!"
>Koishi throws several small red and blue bullets at you. There's quite a large amount of space between each bullet.

>_

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »
>Bah. How long has it been since Satori left?
>"You're a contrary person. You accuse me of kidnapping, demand I tell you where Utsuho is - which I've done already - then accuse me of a trap when I get bored and leave."
>Dodge the bullets.
>"There is nothing I can say to make you believe me and you refuse to go through the effort of just asking your sister or going to Higan to make sure."
>"So if you're so sure that I have your Okuu - and I still don't know how you jumped to that insane conclusion - how do you intend to make me do anything?"
>Which spellcards can we use in our condition?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2012, 12:07:40 AM »
>Bah. How long has it been since Satori left?
>"You're a contrary person. You accuse me of kidnapping, demand I tell you where Utsuho is - which I've done already - then accuse me of a trap when I get bored and leave."
>Dodge the bullets.
>"There is nothing I can say to make you believe me and you refuse to go through the effort of just asking your sister or going to Higan to make sure."
>"So if you're so sure that I have your Okuu - and I still don't know how you jumped to that insane conclusion - how do you intend to make me do anything?"
>Which spellcards can we use in our condition?
>Around five minutes.
>"Shut up! Everything is your fault! Everything was fine until you made 'sis hit me!"
>You easily step between the bullets. They're rather slow, and there's plenty of space between them.
>"Give back Okuu!"
>Koishi is screaming at you at this point.
>"If I beat you up, you'll have to give back Okuu! Then everyone will be happy again!"
>Koishi continues to throw the small bullets in your general direction.
>Any that would not involve the manipulation of multiple boundaries. "Double Black Death Butterfly" and "Manji-Parasol of Yakumo" are examples of cards you could use.

>_

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2012, 12:41:44 AM »
>Ah well, maybe Rin can convince her to come back while we deal with Koishi
>"I did no such thing; Satori hit you out of frustration, I went through this already, both of you are wrong and need to talk things through."
>"Stop trying to pass off blame and accept responsibility for your problems."
>Just dodge any shots that might actually hit us.
>"Attacking me will not solve your problems with your sister or bring Utsuho back."
>Hopefully us staying calm and not rising to her bait will let her burn out her denial and rage and move on to acceptance.
>Under any event, just keep avoiding her shots until she eventually stops; sooner or later the situation is going to sink in.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2012, 01:22:57 AM »
> Would we be able to forcibly gap someone else along with us if we're close to the person in question?
> Do we think we could gap into Higan from here?

If she doesn't listen, directly gapping us both into Higan might be a solution.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2012, 01:29:36 AM »
Could get problematic. We don't need Koishi to worry about at the same time as whatever's inevitably gone wrong in Higan. I think I have a better 'last resort' idea. Definitely worth having that information, though, if nothing else.

>Could we use border manipulation to reopen Koishi's Third Eye? Like, border between open and closed or something like that? Seems like a fairly simple border. We would need a full 'gap charge', of course, but assuming we had one, could we do it?

No, I'm not planning on doing that immediately. I do, however, think it makes a nice last resort option. With mind-reading active, she'd know we're telling the truth, and she'd know her sister's thoughts as well. She could presumably close it again if she wanted to, since she did it before, or we could presumably do it the same way we opened it. Hopefully, it won'd be necessary at all, but if nothing else, it can't hurt to know the option's there.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:31:26 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2012, 03:27:08 AM »
>Ah well, maybe Rin can convince her to come back while we deal with Koishi
>"I did no such thing; Satori hit you out of frustration, I went through this already, both of you are wrong and need to talk things through."
>"Stop trying to pass off blame and accept responsibility for your problems."
>Just dodge any shots that might actually hit us.
>"Attacking me will not solve your problems with your sister or bring Utsuho back."
>Hopefully us staying calm and not rising to her bait will let her burn out her denial and rage and move on to acceptance.
>Under any event, just keep avoiding her shots until she eventually stops; sooner or later the situation is going to sink in.
>You wonder what Satori would think of this scene if she were to see it.
>"'Sis would never hit me! You must have done something to 'sis! Why do you hate me?!"
>"It's your fault! All your fault!"
>You continue to dodge the bullets with ease, they aren't posing much of a challenge to dodge as they are now.
>"SHUT UP AND DIE!"
>You can see all of the bullets filling the space around you begin to vibrate.

> Would we be able to forcibly gap someone else along with us if we're close to the person in question?
> Do we think we could gap into Higan from here?
>If you could force the person into your gap, yes.
>If the entrance is similar to the ones at the Moriya lake and the Netherworld, then you doubt that you could gap in there from afar.

>Could we use border manipulation to reopen Koishi's Third Eye? Like, border between open and closed or something like that? Seems like a fairly simple border. We would need a full 'gap charge', of course, but assuming we had one, could we do it?
>You could, but you wonder about any ill effects that such a process might have.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2012, 03:33:48 AM »
>"I can proove to you that I mean you no harm, and that I've been telling the truth. Do you still trust your sister's word? SHe has looked into my mind, and she knows that what I'm saying is true. Would her word satisfy you?"
>If not: "How about us returning from Higan with Utsuho? Would that proove to you that I mean you and her no harm?"