Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 371748 times)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #450 on: November 01, 2012, 09:01:01 AM »
Thanks for telling me where to look in the video (Nice to see SBO still has Soku, though it's beyond me as to why), by the way, and it didn't. Alice was already double guard broken twice within the beginnings of round one, soon to be followed with another forced Border Escape. Then an easy Border Escape punish because Sakuya is Sakuya, Sakuya being sloppy and missing a combo during time slow, Alice being QUADRUPLE guard broken because she was forced into Border Escape again, the commentator's laughing saying 'oh man, that's Sakuya for you', and that's round one. I really wouldn't call any match where one person spent the entirety of the first round with three or less orbs 'fair'. Outright sloppy play from Sakuya in the second round, getting counter hit 6a'd and not properly doing an easy blockstring in the corner, and then still taking the round despite Alice maintaining a decent doll coverage the entire round. Also note how the commentators said 'once chance', which in Japanese commentating generally means that someone has 'one chance to comeback'. It wasn't 'okay now it's even', it was 'okay Alice has one chance to win this.' No, not very fair at all.

That was the not-serious example for a reason, by the way; illusionary dominance is outdamaged by most three to four spellcards in the game in total reward if not actual damage output. The point made there is that not even spellcard cost to reward is balanced well; Illusionary Dominance gives pitiful damage and somewhat average okizeme if used correctly, which takes practice, in comparison to say Master Spark which does the exact same thing for more damage and a little less Okizeme at two cards less. It's a given that some supers will be better than others, but this is to the level of an 60% meter super being better than a 100% super, and easier to use, across the board. All the best spellcards are around 2-3 card level. This is a more general fighting game complaint though, and you'll find this in Blazblue and P4U/P4A as well.

@Ammy: I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm trying not to keep them really low. Working entirely from Tasofro's history, I'm already skeptical about this game as a tournament fighter. I've no doubt whatsoever that 90% of the people who get it, being Touhou fans and probably not fighting game players, will like/love it, and if that's the targeted outcome then not much I can do. When I see the demo in November is when I'll really have an opinion on it as a competitive fighting game. I'm not saying I'm walking into this with an open mind, but I'm not convinced it will suck completely either. Soku had fun parts that could have been really cool. I just hope Tasofro learned how to get rid of the sketchy bits. I honestly have no doubts whatsoever that we'll get an interesting new character or two, an interesting story, and probably amazing music and rearranges. It's just the 'fighting game' part of 'Touhou Fighting Game' that has me worried.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:26:10 AM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #451 on: November 01, 2012, 01:56:29 PM »
It's an interesting thing, the ways both hype and pessimism for a Thing Not Yet Here will color our actual experience of the thing when we finally do play it. We're not robots, and very few are going to approach a new Touhou game with absolute impartiality, unless they avoided any sort of up-coming game discussion threads before playing it. And those who have gone on record as being hype or pessimist about the next release are even less likely to change their minds once they actually play it - their words are on display for all to see; this encourages the mind to believe they predicted correctly.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's hard to pass judgement when we're all guilty of being feeling, fallible human beings who actively create our own biases. We oughta admit from the start that we will be playing these new games through the lens of our biases, and be very suspicious of anyone who claims objectivity. Having biases and owning them is a good thing - it gives everyone a more accurate picture of the nature and qualities of the game itself.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

SeasideCharizard

• Mysterious Flying Donation Box
« Reply #452 on: November 01, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
I'm almost sure it's a bad thing that basically everything that's been posted in this thread, except the last one, for some time now has either offended me, flabbergasted me or just kept me away from this thread.  :ohdear:

...This is still the Hopeless Masquerade thread, right? As inappropriate as it seems at the moment to actually post anything related to our guesses and expectations of the game.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #453 on: November 01, 2012, 04:49:12 PM »
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. The thread is open to everyone. Character speculation and tournament theory are both welcome as long as discussion of each stays within site rules.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #454 on: November 02, 2012, 05:31:31 AM »
That was the not-serious example for a reason, by the way; illusionary dominance is outdamaged by most three to four spellcards in the game in total reward if not actual damage output.

Yes, I understand that it gets out damaged by other cards, but that doesn't make it a bad spell card. Damage isn't the only thing that is going for that card. I believe Sakuya's knives card are a good example of not so high damage, but still a good card.

Thanks for telling me where to look in the video (Nice to see SBO still has Soku, though it's beyond me as to why), by the way, and it didn't.

Why is it still there? Well, most likely because it is competitively viable.

Also note how the commentators said 'once chance', which in Japanese commentating generally means that someone has 'one chance to comeback'. It wasn't 'okay now it's even', it was 'okay Alice has one chance to win this.' No, not very fair at all.

When did they make this comment, can you specify for context? People generally don't say "okay, now it's even" when a person is far behind. We aren't even talking about mismatches here. You can see this comment anywhere.

Then an easy Border Escape punish because Sakuya is Sakuya, Sakuya being sloppy and missing a combo during time slow, Alice being QUADRUPLE guard broken because she was forced into Border Escape again, the commentator's laughing saying 'oh man, that's Sakuya for you', and that's round one.

The same way the Remilia player was sloppy, it happens. It doesn't mean that the fight is unfair. What I am trying to say is that you have a weird sense of fairness when there are clearly different characters used in this game and the other game's tournament that you posted in the finals.
An unfair game would imply that there would be multiple Sakuya players in the quarterfinals if she is really so good.

Now, don't mistake this for me not believing she is top tier, she definitely is. But I contend your argument that it is imbalanced.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #455 on: November 02, 2012, 06:56:58 AM »
If you haven't gotten the clue yet, Starxsword, I don't like talking about Hisoutensoku because it devolves into complaints about balance issues, and most other people in the thread don't want to see me whine about something that doesn't even concern them. So rather than fill up the thread with more pointless babble about Soku's balance that will completely frustrate me and not change your opinion at all, and since I really don't care that your opinion differs from mine (power to you), let's just agree to disagree. 'kay? 'kay.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:04:21 AM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #456 on: November 02, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »
I, personally, like tracking where the various things from fandom started from.
The fighting games are official, and it is a completely different genre, so many new things comes from the fighting games.

Izayoi Sakuya
People mention Dio Brando poses, but I've yet to confirm it myself.
And one of the most well-known( and stupid) memes started from the portrait.

Alice Margatroid
Exploding dolls, Shanghai Doll's design, and the amazing Margatroid Kick all started from here.
It also gave the dolls various weapons such as swords, lances, shields and toothbrushes.
I also want to say that Shanghai Doll as an individual doll also comes from here,
but because the trail versions of th08 and th075 appeared at the same time, it is impossible to know which came first.
By the way, Alice in th08 is absolute crap. (personal opinion)

Patchouli Knowledge
Visual representation of Philosopher's Stone. Someone might say it had the effect of limiting creativity of the various artists. Also, mukyuu.

Remilia Scarlet
Spear the Gungnir is Remilia's de facto signature Spell Card. (personal opinion). Also the iconic crouching guard.

Yakumo Yukari
Signposts and trains. And the 'gapping' ability was first demonstrated here. A lot.
Also proved that the Yakumos are very good at spinning around. (personal opinion)

Ibuki Suika
Mini-Suikas and Missing Power. Being a mist is cool, too.
I thought it wouldn't be possible to do it in a danmaku game, but ZUN managed to show both aspects in Double Spoiler.

Nagae Iku
Due to the whims of a few people (the sprite designers), Iku knows how to Saturday Night Fever.
It is almost impossible to think of Iku without Saturday Night Fever. (personal opinion)
If it wasn't a fighting game, Iku wouldn't have been associated with Saturday Night Fever.

Reiuji Utsuho
This is where her arm cannon became canon. Real control rods aren't supposed to do that.

Maybe there would be something amazing in this game that will go on for eternity. No-one will ever know until it actually happens.
Nobody knew Kasodani Kyouko would get a punk band. Nobody knew Keine would be associated with headbutts.

Speaking of Keine, I think that it is possible for Keine to appear in the new game, since it involves the human village.
Not like I have high expectations on it anyways. Just according to the plot, anyone has a chance to appear.

And the game should have a option to at least turn off the 3D background or something.
I'm quite convinced that it won't run on my laptop without anything to reduce CPU usage.
I always preferred 'Old-School' graphics. High Quality is extravagance. (personal opinion)
Signature

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #457 on: November 02, 2012, 02:39:27 PM »
Oh, let's do  talk about - Soku's travesty - of a balance. It's such a fun way to vent and kind of a priviledge to even have a fighting game that we can rant about  :V.
Spoiler:
Yeah, a salty Sanae player there.
I'm actually highly optimistic about HM in that regard. It's not like you can do worse than making one of the game's key mechanics  into a near-roulette that breaks the game back and forth (Typhoon, Mountain Vapor and River Mist yay). It's survival of the fittest. Not sure about IaMP though. I've heard a few that even barring decks and weather it's much better balanced and more technical than 12.3, but would be nice to hear a word from someone who's actually into it competitively.

Also, I have mixed feelings about ZUN announcing that HM will be released at Comiket 83. I plan for this game to be my main future way of introducing my friends that play fighting games into Touhous (Soku's too complicated to get someone into it from scratch before he/she loses interest due to being creamed), and I'd gladly wait till the next Comiket / Reitaisai if that meant bigger roster or better balance... It'll propably be only an early trial version though.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:59:41 PM by Critz »

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #458 on: November 02, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »
Seeing an unranked Yuyuko take out the 2nd best Sanae just makes me sad.
If you're wondering where the rankings are coming from, btw, quoted from the first video in the Kouryuusen playlist:

'Pretty much 90% of the players in this tournament hide their stats from Tenco, the Hisoutensoku stat tracker.
However, pretty much 90% of the players are ranked community wise in the top 10 players of their respective character.
It's very hard to find matches and replays of some of these players on nico or youtube, so knock yourself out.
If you've ever wanted to see how KamiG and TR play Soku, well here's your chance.
If I list a player's rank it is going by the BBS ranking they have been given.'
Sugoiiii~

« Reply #459 on: November 02, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
I'm actually highly optimistic about HM in that regard. It's not like you can do worse than making one of the game's key mechanics  into a near-roulette that breaks the game back and forth (Typhoon, Mountain Vapor and River Mist yay). It's survival of the fittest. Not sure about IaMP though. I've heard a few that even barring decks and weather it's much better balanced and more technical than 12.3, but would be nice to hear a word from someone who's actually into it competitively.

can't say I play IaMP competitively (level-wise), and can't compare both games' balance or technical depth at high level play, either. Both are played differently, so I guess I'll point out some key differences so you or others can decide for themselves which is more technical or not :p

It seemed to me that SWR attempted to deal with "frustration factors" in IaMP and/or be easier to get into or attract new players, so, going over said "frustration factors" (which, like stated before, shouldn't affect high-level play)..

- combos: from a beginner's standpoint, it probably is nice to feel able to perform and watch the same combos he/she see people using often. Also, not having to worry about knowing or memorizing or deciding which combo you should use for which range (under the risk of dropping the combo or whiffing your attacks and be punished or being at frame disadvantage on block), or which commands to input, or which timing to cancel or juggle your opponent with. A number of games have incorporated such feature in them. (combos which are actually sub-optimal but easy to use and obvious enough for beginners to focus their attention to)
- supers: beginners may or may not have a difficulty executing commands for supers, in wakeups/combos/reversals/any other situation, in a way that this could cost them rounds or matches; being able to easily and reliably use a counter super (say, Youmu's counter super, Reimu's pillar, etc), or to make comebacks if you manage to dial-a (but not limited to) into a lvl 5 super (people may, of course, find better alternatives when possible, to 5 card supers) with improved graphics should feel rewarding.
- meter usage: it's bad in both games to use all of your spirit meter, but in IaMP, it's worse (spirit meter refills slower and has to be refilled to 100%, you lose air block, can't use bullets/specials/supers, can't wrongblock and receive extra block damage, even from normals); not only you have to avoid self-draining, but you have to avoid being blockstringed if you have low spirit and your opponent doesn't, avoid air blockstrings and wrongblocking 22A/22Bs.
- spellcard declaration: beginners may find it difficult to find or create a chance to declare (or input 22D, maybe) or to judge when to declare (do it too early, and you don't get good enough sc time or super meter or HP recovery; do it too late and you risk being caught trying to declare and lose the round); the act of trying to create a chance to declare and deciding when you should declare was one part of the game's strategy; another one was how to act when one of the players have declared first (do you, as the opponent who hasn't declared yet, do the same? Or try to play defensively to time out the card? Or try to make your opponent defend himself to time out the card? Or do you try to bait his/her super? Or try to stall him/her a bit and then knockdown/bomb or create enough distance or bullets to allow you to declare too?)
- movement: namely, having to know when you should jump, when you should forward/backward dash to stop rising or falling, when to change direction (because beginners don't usually care about attack ranges or startup/recovery times), having 8-way movement helps not being caught in the air.

personally, I have a few personal frustration factors about Soku (don't remember if I mentioned them), not meant to be an objective complaint, but if it helps you understand my point of view:
- lack of melee moves to counter other character's melee moves (it feels to me that they're so unrewarding, punishable, that the game discourages me to use them, except my playstyle emphasize normals over combos); moves that were otherwise useful for initiating blockstrings or punishing escape attempts (for example, Yuyuko's jA, which became j6A, Marisa's jA which became j2A) now don't net me enough frame advantage; I feel less predictable in IaMP (due to having two possible aerial melee moves instead of one -- I don't use j2As in Soku, or j6As against grounded characters, as they represent a loss of momentum if used, which leaves the jA as the only remaining option, and thus more easily counterable/blockable/escapable because I'm left with only one useful range/startup/recovery)
- high jump cancels are faster in IaMP (useful for both alleviating recovery times from bullets/specials and for blockstrings, as an option for stopping someone trying to hj through your blockstring -- which isn't in any way a dominant option, since you risk losing momentum if the opponent doesn't hj)
- so are aerial backdashes (can't use them in Soku to make opponent's melee whiff)
- I can't use bullet cover to get to the opponent at all (compare Sakuya's 214b in both games, or Yuyuko's 236a/b/c with SWR/Soku's 214b/c), bullets are either too narrow or too fast.
- bombs in IaMP can be used more than 4 times, can be used offensively (during combos), can make unsafe moves safe, can be recharged (60 points or one knockdown, as long as you didn't use a bomb for said knockdown), can be comboed after an o-bomb (it also refills the meter). Can't help feeling that they would be a waste of space in a deck, even though I rarely spend all of my deck in matches (while many people I've played against do spend all of their cards)
- once again, I can't emphasize well enough how it feels crippling for me, to grow used to normals for self-defense and countering (think about KoF 98's Ralf or Ryo, for example, though I prefer their 2002 UM versions), and then having to think "I don't have a normal to stop that other normal, it seems I should defend" which makes me defend forever in Soku (or trying to escape, which very often fails because I don't know or have memorized blockstrings). Since I have a bad memory, I can't memorize the blockstrings of other characters or the ones I'm using, and thus can't perform blockstrings or know what are the openings in theirs (to me, they all feel eternally safe on block or feel like any attack can lead into a combo that maintains the momentum -- "I thought that it would be a good opportunity to escape, but then there was this groundbounce that I didn't knew this combo had and thus I took more damage than I thought I could take"; the rules for combos in Soku aren't quite easy to deduce instinctively --, while in IaMP it's easy to see what the purpose of the attacker was, and see how much frame disadvantage I have), and can't manipulate weather too.
- tl;dr: I can't have fun mostly due to the memorization needed.
- ps: I don't see how IaMP is called a momentum-driven game, and Soku a neutral-emphasizing game, since with the former I can feel if I can escape blockstrings or not, and with the latter.. :memo: (seriously, I don't know what most alt spellcards and skill cards do, even after seeing them for years; more importantly, it was never clear to me when it was safe to escape blockstrings or not, or how to use melees in neutral game in Soku/SWR.)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #460 on: November 02, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »
Soku tries really hard to be neutral/zoning. It really does. It's not, but it tries really hard.
Sugoiiii~

« Reply #461 on: November 03, 2012, 04:23:45 AM »
If you haven't gotten the clue yet, Starxsword

Yes, I have gotten the clue way back then. If you would stop complaining, I would certainly stop replying. We do disagree.

I'm actually highly optimistic about HM in that regard. It's not like you can do worse than making one of the game's key mechanics  into a near-roulette that breaks the game back and forth (Typhoon, Mountain Vapor and River Mist yay).

While I don't care much about the weather system, some people actually think this is a very good mechanic. And yeah, some of these effects can turn the whole fight around.

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
  • Pi-hyarara~ Pi-hyarara~
« Reply #462 on: November 03, 2012, 07:21:31 AM »
If anyone still cares, ZUN says Tasofro plans to release the game at Comiket 83 (December 31st, 2012). Whether this is the trial version or the full game is unknown.
~We?re the only ones who can decide whether something was fortunate or unfortunate. It all depends on whether we find a new vision born within a different perspective~

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #463 on: November 03, 2012, 08:18:43 AM »
If anyone still cares, ZUN says Tasofro plans to release the game at Comiket 83 (December 31st, 2012). Whether this is the trial version or the full game is unknown.

Unabara (lead developer of Tasofro) hints it's a demo. So chances are what they may be releasing at C83 will be a demo game.

More on it here for those that care to translate https://twitter.com/unabara/status/264636925703499777

Also, there's a trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JbFyYb6y9PU
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:26:34 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #464 on: November 03, 2012, 08:35:38 AM »
It's a demo. It says so at the end of the trailer.

Also damn that music is already sounding really good~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #465 on: November 03, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
Woo. Looks fun. Move variety has me a bit worried, but hey, first trailer.
Sugoiiii~

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #466 on: November 03, 2012, 08:40:49 AM »
More on it here for those that care to translate https://twitter.com/unabara/status/264636925703499777

It will be a demo. 体験版 means demonstration version.

Oh, someone beat me to it. Oh well.

In any case, I'll be awaiting the actual win mechanic, because the bars next to the circle dial don't seem like conventional health bars to me, though it's obvious that there's a damage mechanics.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #467 on: November 03, 2012, 08:51:57 AM »
All right, some things that I noticed in the trailer:

-DAT VIOLIN!
-All-aerial battle mechanics. To be honest, I'm not too sure how this'll work out, since I used to over-rely on dashing...
-The attacks as a whole seem a bit more plain, less extravagant, to go with the art style?
-Knock-down invisibility time still exists.
-Spell Cards seem to be activated by excessive combo's? I did notice Reimu's lower gauge (with the yin-yang orbs) was filled when she used it.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #468 on: November 03, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »
It seems to me that characters aren't really flying, rather they are standing on a level and can "jump" or "dive" .

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #469 on: November 03, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »
-Knock-down invisibility time still exists.

You mean invincibility :V

-Spell Cards seem to be activated by excessive combo's? I did notice Reimu's lower gauge (with the yin-yang orbs) was filled when she used it.

Nothing happened to Reimu's lower gauge when she used it, the raising of the meter goes up with normal strings... In fact, the red portion of her upper bar actually went DOWN when she used it.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #470 on: November 03, 2012, 09:08:24 AM »
aaah fuck this trailer there's too much shit to even speculate about.
Sugoiiii~

« Reply #471 on: November 03, 2012, 09:31:02 AM »
Touhou Psychic Force  :V

Good guess to whoever guessed that (saw that somewhere) Edit: Mauve

Edit: Ok, this is definitely not another movement/bullet grazing game. You can all stop comparing it to iamp and swr now :V

Edit: <3 long hair reimuuuuuuu
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 11:36:55 AM by Sprite »

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #472 on: November 03, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »
The air movement reminds me of the DBZ Budokai games, which I thought were pretty damn fun.

Soku tries really hard to be neutral/zoning. It really does. It's not, but it tries really hard.

No, no it doesn't. It doesn't try emphasize zoning, or rushdown, or abare, or oki, or anything. Anyone can tell that Soku was not created with a competitive mindset. Just look at the random spellcards meter and the lack of a functional mixup game and the brainless okizeme. It's like Super Smash Bros Brawl; sure you can make tournaments for it and stuff, but that doesn't change the fact that it's made to be a party game.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #473 on: November 03, 2012, 10:16:35 AM »
The air movement reminds me of the DBZ Budokai games, which I thought were pretty damn fun.
I'm a touch worried about how it'll work out. I'm uncoordinated enough as it is - which has discouraged me from playing the other fighters a lot and also seems to relegate me to using more physical fighters like Meiling - and I dunno how much extra practice I'll need to be able to perform any basic combo if I need to worry about horizontal AND vertical movement. The game seems a bit slower, which may compensate a bit in a different way.
Also damn that music is already sounding really good~
The music in the fighters tends to be a bit refreshing. Even though ZUN always has great scores, a good change of pace helps keep things from getting a bit stale.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

MaStErSpArK94

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #475 on: November 03, 2012, 03:41:35 PM »
Not bad, even though I'm already missing the characters from previous games.

Seeing how everyone will get new movesets they are highly unlikely to be compatible as imports (and because graphics are different... and the card system seems to be missing...)

Spoiler:
Marisa touched the ground twice  :V

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #476 on: November 03, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »
Oh man, after watching the trailer I am now 108% more hype. 8D This looks like an awesome idea for a fighting game, and I can only imagine the possibilities in story mode.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #477 on: November 03, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »
Wow...that looks nice.  I wonder if the music used is going to be the opening theme.

I'm guess they don't want us to see a teaser of any new characters or locations until the demo's release at Comiket.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #478 on: November 03, 2012, 04:11:15 PM »
Hmm, so it IS an all-air game. Kind of like Suguri, I guess?

What's interesting about that is since combos rely on bounces/wallslams that means pretty much all combos will be situational depending on where and how high you are. I like that, nobody likes to see the same bnbs over and over.

However, like Amra I'm concerned that the characters won't have very large movelists at all. Seems kind of confirmed it'll still only have one melee button.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #479 on: November 03, 2012, 04:48:04 PM »
This is amazing. It's like a 2D version of Touhou Sky Fight. xD

Though the only thing that disappointing me is the fact that there don't seem to be spellcards like in the past two fighters. But then again, this is still in progress so who knows?