Author Topic: Koakuma's Writer's Parlour ~ Have some tea and discuss fiction and writing here!  (Read 225814 times)

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
I'll write on the reply page only for shorts. 'Serious' (and by that, I mean long winded stuff- mainly full-length long fics) stuff gets done in Open Office Writer before hand.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
Don't even talk to me about writing...

I start by getting this idea that I really like, start writing and feel like I'm actually doing something with my creativity. Then I slack off and start hating myself and so begins the vicious cycle of stopping on a perfectly good fic and starting another that's destined for the same fate.

I like Mystic Mutation though so I won't let it fall like the many others...I just need to write a fucking update for once...and redo the beginning because it's not good at all. >_>

Also, I write all of my fiction stuff in Wordpad only. I don't even touch Word anymore for some reason.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
I feel with you Erebus. I tend to start things on the spur of the moment and then never finish them as well.

Word. |3

Minus the self-loathing part.

ShinyaKyoto

• Yukari Yakumo's Slave
Motivation is the key for me to finish writing an story related to A fandom I like to write in. I tend to go overboard with dark themes in most of my stories. That and Parodies and Crossovers are my most favorite kinds of stories I only do.

Oh yeah, an idea's been semi-forming in my mind for a while now, but: what if we had some kind of system for recruiting beta-readers? They'd be people who'd proofread, assess general story-quality ("Why does the Colonel act so hostile towards Snake? It makes no sense!") and so on, and be trusted to do things like not blab "Man, in Muffin's next story, Kogasa acts stereotypically French!" on IRC before the story's release.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
That's a pretty good idea. I suppose you could always PM the writers and readers you trust and ask.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dead Princess Sakana

I was actually thinking we could use this thread here as one place to recruit proofreaders as well. You could just post 'Hey, I need someone to read my new story, PM me' in here. And maybe you could also give a short description of what awaits people, to spark more interest.

ShinyaKyoto

• Yukari Yakumo's Slave
That sounds like an smashing idea!  :)

Dead Princess Sakana

There would also be the possibility to make a specific 'I need proofreaders' thread, but looking at the number of views this thread here has, I think enough people will see requests here. And if not, someone can always post a link to the requests here on IRC, that should definitely work. I will add a notion for this use of the thread to the OP.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
I'm rather biased towards well-written stories, rather than ones with poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation - I'm kind of a grammar nazi myself, and try my best to proofread everything I write.

I'd be willing to be a story-tester, or at the very least an editor/proofreader.

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
I might think about participating in that too.  Poor grammar is kind of a story-killer for me, and I'll see if I can find some time to look over people's stories for grammatical purposes.

Badass bookworms

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
I'd be willing to ask a hand or two in looking over Touhou Kuroneko for errors and such.

And in turn I'll proofread other fics if requested.

Gpop

I already have Ruro proofreading my fic.

<3 Ruro.

Be great to have someone look over Redefined Fantastic Object ch2, since only one of the three people I PM'ed on IRC actually looked it over!

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
Be great to have someone look over Redefined Fantastic Object ch2, since only one of the three people I PM'ed on IRC actually looked it over!
I'll look over it if you'd like, just PM me.  I don't go on IRC though.  Would that be detrimental in any way?

Badass bookworms

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
I could probably use a proofreader for my fics, I always miss the minor grammar shit in a piece which really annoys me (before you say anything, yes I proofread things myself, in this case I suck ass at it).

This being said, I'm not much for proofreader material >_>

Ideas are another story though and I can help with those (I guess),
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
I usually write whatever that comes to my mind, quite occassionally this changes for the better when I feel like I am in the mood.

I would write down ideas and then link them, lately I am grabbing a lot of inspiration from denzel washington movies.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Hieda no Aya

• I see you remodeled.
Ooh, beta reading. I'd definitely volunteer for that. I'm a better editor than I am a writer, and it always frustrates me that I can never get much fic done myself, so I'd be happy to contribute what I can.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Just a notice - I'll be busy over the next few days, a little too busy to read every single thread, so if anyone comes across anything that Shiki might frown on then please PM me and let me know. Thanks in advance for the help~

I'll still be around, just not as rigorously vigilant as I should be.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:29:35 PM by Zucchima »

Dead Princess Sakana

Just a notice - I'll be busy over the next few days, a little too busy to read every single thread, so if anyone comes across anything that Shiki might frown on then please PM me and let me know. Thanks in advance for the help~
Order received. Leave it to us.  :)

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Order received. Leave it to us.  :)

Very good, sold-...I mean, Librarian! Keep it up!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
@Sukima: Yeah, the Librarians have been given post editing powers, and if that's not enough, then the Janitors are really easy to harass to action.

And somehow, I just thought of PatchCon-style fiction. You know, Librarian Squad and all...

Dead Princess Sakana

And somehow, I just thought of PatchCon-style fiction. You know, Librarian Squad and all...
Do it!

Gappy

• It's only Logical....

~Bloomers of Our Mikos~

The pic was supposed to have them standing atop a pile of books but I never finished it. It was supposed to be concept art for a doujin I had cooking in my head.

Alfred F. Jones

I dare you to remake that picture with Sanae and faith power items.

But yes, wouldn't it be good for the Librarian Squad to have some... mice try and take a book or two? Would serve as a nice source of conflict. And catness scores.

Dead Princess Sakana

But yes, wouldn't it be good for the Librarian Squad to have some... mice try and take a book or two? Would serve as a nice source of conflict. And catness scores.
>:3
Tell us if you want some help, 'cause this needs to be written. (I was thinking about making Touhou/Librarian crossover fiction someday, seems you've beaten me to it.)

Alfred F. Jones

Tell us if you want some help, 'cause this needs to be written. (I was thinking about making Touhou/Librarian crossover fiction someday, seems you've beaten me to it.)

You should write it. My last experience with Librarian fiction taught me that I like meta references more than I probably should. And also I'm busy working on other things, like Lord of the Rings/Touhou parodies (hi UD).

Hey, didn't you say you were doing something concerning Rumia's Party Games vs Patchouli's Scarlet Library? Well, there's your plot.

Dead Princess Sakana

You should write it. My last experience with Librarian fiction taught me that I like meta references more than I probably should.
Hey, didn't you say you were doing something concerning Rumia's Party Games vs Patchouli's Scarlet Library? Well, there's your plot.
Eh? Well, I can try. Will have to write the second half of Librarian's Day first, but I have a plan for that. After that I can try Librarians vs. Patchy. And PSL vs. RPG is something I plan to do seperately after that.

But before that, I should get back to my actual Librarian duties and finally summarize A-F's fic  :/

Lord of the Rings/Touhou parodies
:*
Oh hell yes. I'm looking forward to that.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya