Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 111215 times)

W

• Heat Joker
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #750 on: July 18, 2011, 10:28:06 AM »
It is late and I'm pretty much not going to be able to ISO people. I sorta skimmed people.

And now I'm remembering that Iffrita was one of the first people to start a serious case on Xix. Call me naive, but I'm putting him at neutral leaning scum for now. Xix's lack of content sorta damns himself really, but it looks to me as more bad than scummy at this point. Still want him to talk though. Answer my question!

Moonin's logic is convoluted, and I don't understand why he, as scum, would counterclaim Iffrita's ability with a full neighborizer...and then clear Iffrita as town. I suppose one possibility is that he was trying to fish for a "hider" with Iffrita, but eh. I can understand some of the arguments he makes on D2 because I was making similar arguments regarding scum!Miya over scum!Iffrita. Anyway, it looks Iffrita was trying to buddy to Moonin. Neutral leaning scum, but a lighter shade of scum than Xix. Boy, this sure would be easier if Moonin would post.

Orwen read would go here but hell, I'll just throw in my D1 case, add in his neutrality during the Miya/Iffrita scuffle, and piggyback off everyone else's cases! :toot:
Actually, there's one problem I have with the Orwen case. Orwen spent a lot of time talking about how Iffrita should have visited "Demon Navarus's" room instead of "UK"'s room. I don't really see how this fits as part of scum-scum interaction. It's a relatively minor point though, and it doesn't really make up for everything else.

Alright, Iffrita pretty much defended One all game, to the point of calling him "obv newbtown" at one point.  One is ehhhhhh. He was pretty neutral throughout the whole Iffrita/Miya business. In any case, he's probably scum just by process of elimination. One also makes sense as a buddy with Orwen and Iffrita. This is extremely irritating for me because I've been spending all game defending One, which is argh.

Last of all, I want to share that I know through other aspects of my role that at the end of Night 1, there existed a role with powers equivalent to a Tracker in the game. >_> Now that two roles have apparently come out with Tracker powers, I don't really know what to think, and I'm not sure if the Tracker is supposed to be Navarus or Miya. Anyway, I just thought I'd share it.

If I'm still alive tomorrow I'll be able to get actual rereads out.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #751 on: July 18, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »
Wait. Wait. Wait. Put all the divination on hold. Are you really saying what I think you're saying in #748?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #752 on: July 18, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »
You are saying that you didn't roleblock me because you didn't want to risk the chance that you might turn me into confirmed town.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #753 on: July 18, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »
Also, I'm pretty sure Mr. Orwen here is obsessed with roles regardless of alignment.
Cut by Mala with a really open ended question.

Also, I'm not going to be around at deadline. I'll put in my support for the Orwen lynch (pretend I voted him) but I'm not voting just yet because I have to go sleep soon, and I don't know if L-1 is safe yet. Are enough people going to be around at deadline?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #754 on: July 18, 2011, 10:31:48 AM »
No, seriously. Are you seriously saying that you did not roleblock me because you did not want to run the risk that I might not perform the roleblock and that it would be harder for you to make a case on me if this happened?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #755 on: July 18, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »
EBWOP: Ah, I see. Yeah, I noticed that too.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #756 on: July 18, 2011, 10:33:09 AM »
I will be around for today's deadline.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #757 on: July 18, 2011, 10:33:16 AM »
Xix, it looks like Orwen is the likely lynch for today. What's your opinion on him?

This question?

He's scum, and I would have been voting for him earlier but that would have put him at L-1.

Wait... what just happened?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #758 on: July 18, 2011, 10:34:37 AM »
Anyways

[03:36] <Xix> @choose sleep or stay
[03:36] <EX-Keine-tan> I choose...sleep! ^_^V

So that's sleep time for me.

##Unvote
##Vote: Orwen

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #759 on: July 18, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »
There were a few reasons I didn't roleblock you.

1. If I was successful and a night kill happened, then I would know that you did not perform the kill and I would have to drop you because you wouldn't be the most likely scum anymore, probabilistically (since you could not be the scum that performed the kill.

This happened.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #760 on: July 18, 2011, 10:35:07 AM »
#754: It should read: "I might not perform the nightkill". Sage Orwen's statement has made me lose my mind temporarily.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #761 on: July 18, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »
Also, I didn't express suspicions of Moonin before because I didn't have suspicions of Moonin. I only started having any suspicion of him at all in light of Iffrita's flip, due largely to how much he's been supporting Iffrita and attacking Miya.

-cut-

Yes. I'm a roleblocker. It's my job to keep tab of roles, so as to determine which players to target and which players not to target.

@Mala - I cannot confirm town with my roleblock. I can only confirm that you personally did not perform the night kill, or if you did, that you are the scum that performed the night kill. Players that I check are less likely to be scum if they did not perform the kill, so it makes more sense for me to go after players that I want to confirm did not do the kill or am not very sure about rather than players I intend to go all out on the very next day.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #762 on: July 18, 2011, 10:37:48 AM »
Are you serious? You are saying that NOT stopping a potential nightkill so that you can make a case is pro-town.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #763 on: July 18, 2011, 10:39:27 AM »
You are a roleblocker. You can stop the nightkill. You said you thought I was scum. Therefore you could have stopped a nightkill or a scum role if you were right. Is this not enough reason to block me? In fact you take it one step further and say that you did not block me FOR these reasons.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #764 on: July 18, 2011, 10:40:58 AM »
This is my first time with a roleblock. I wasn't exactly going to ask "What's the best way to use a roleblock" on the first day of the game.

EDIT:

You are a roleblocker. You can stop the nightkill. You said you thought I was scum. Therefore you could have stopped a nightkill or a scum role if you were right. Is this not enough reason to block me? In fact you take it one step further and say that you did not block me FOR these reasons.

What?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #765 on: July 18, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
I'm sorry but this logic has simply blown my mind away. Much more than any divination I've performed up to this point. I think I need a moment to collect myself.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #766 on: July 18, 2011, 10:42:19 AM »
Okay. Since you are here and posting let me lead you through this step by step. I just want you to answer my questions.
Question 1: You thought I was scum? Yes or no.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #767 on: July 18, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »
Finalized list goes something like this:
Yuan>Miya>>Mala>Depore>>>>Moonin>Xix>>One>Orwen

-razor leaf-

Ehh...Orwen, I'm not following how a roleblock on Depore confirms her more than a roleblock on Mala. Is this what you're saying?

I've been thinking over why Orwen would block Depore in any case. It makes sense as a scum move if Iffrita was going to pursue Depore D2.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #768 on: July 18, 2011, 10:43:25 AM »
@Caladbolg: Where does Mikhael go in that list?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #769 on: July 18, 2011, 10:43:34 AM »
Look, I thought that if you were town, your role would probably be verified that night because of how much hinting you've been doing about your role. That's the reason I didn't block you.

@ Mala

1. Yes.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #770 on: July 18, 2011, 10:44:23 AM »
Question 2: Everybody in this game has a power role. Yes or no?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #771 on: July 18, 2011, 10:44:48 AM »
2. Yes

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #772 on: July 18, 2011, 10:45:47 AM »
Question 3: You believed that I was scum. If you were correct this would mean that I had a pro-scum power role. Yes or no?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #773 on: July 18, 2011, 10:46:30 AM »
3. No. Roles and alignments are not linked.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #774 on: July 18, 2011, 10:46:44 AM »
Derp, forgot about Mikhail since he isn't on the player list. Mikhail goes right after Miya. I found him pro-town before the revive, and the revive itself was pro-town. In addition I've been agreeing with him a lot.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #775 on: July 18, 2011, 10:47:48 AM »
Question 4: Scum would use their power role in a way that would most benefit the scum team. Yes or no?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #776 on: July 18, 2011, 10:48:07 AM »
4. Yes.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #777 on: July 18, 2011, 10:48:51 AM »
Question 5: Your roleblock allows you to stop a nightkill from being performed. Yes or no?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #778 on: July 18, 2011, 10:49:40 AM »
5. Yes

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #779 on: July 18, 2011, 10:51:40 AM »
Question 6: You had the potential to stop a power role being used in scum's favor and/or a nightkill, yet you decided not to roleblock who you thought was scum as, if a nightkill had still occurred, it would have been supposedly harder for you to push a lynch on the roleblocked scum. Yes or no?