Author Topic: Justice Juice Mafia Thread II (GAME OVER)  (Read 34176 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Justice Juice Mafia Thread II (GAME OVER)
« Reply #360 on: November 16, 2013, 09:53:37 AM »
not really, but your play is pretty terrible either way imo, since nobody wants to read your posts
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #361 on: November 16, 2013, 10:04:16 AM »
not really, but your play is pretty terrible either way imo, since nobody wants to read your posts
As scum you don't want people to read your posts, see every post Dormio made this game.
Other then the DUDE ones..

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #362 on: November 16, 2013, 10:16:09 AM »
Dude.

« Reply #363 on: November 16, 2013, 12:33:21 PM »
... wow, Dormio wasn't lynched? (@A@)
I thought that his spam posts about getting people to unvote him were really fake wwwwwwwwwwww I think that town would have written a single line post or such, probably in caps lock, and then more posts but a bit longer panicking about the situation. The way Dormio spammed didn't give the impression that he was in a hurry to stop his lynch nor that he felt that he'd lose the game if scum appeared.

I don't know why I still like playing mafia when it makes me go like "oh my god how can I fail this much" every time I play wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #364 on: November 16, 2013, 12:54:41 PM »
I think that town would have written a single line post or such, probably in caps lock, and then more posts but a bit longer panicking about the situation.
This argument is almost as stupid as the one against Polly-kun.

« Reply #365 on: November 16, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »
The highlights for me this game was dormios AtE and post 259 :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #366 on: November 16, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »
I TOLD YOU THAT LD1 POST BY DARKIE WAS SCUMMY AS FUCK
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »
...Wait we WON?!
...Wow, I'm honestly surprised. I was really unsure of our chances of winning since it was really PoE at the end. Amazing job Dormio for pulling it together at the last moment!
I don't think I did too well as first-time scum, but I guess making it to LYLO counts as something. To be honest I expected to be lynched D2, and I was surprised more and more at my survival, especially since I couldn't focus completely on the game (when I said I had to do stuff, I meant it, although I was watching the thread for more time than I implied, although I'd be doing that as either alignment anyways so >_>; ).
All in all, it was an okay game. Honestly I would have wished some of town tried harder (Shadoweh, I still don't know what happened D2 with you and your CF7 votepark), but oh well.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #368 on: November 16, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »

Why?
I probably pointed out at the wrong thing, but I can definitely say it didn't look genuine. It was more like you were trying hard to gather the attention than genuinely panicking.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #369 on: November 16, 2013, 02:22:24 PM »
And thus; Raikaria's co-modding came to a close.

Everyone remembered I was still here; right? Wasn't mch for me to do towards the end of the game because either no-one had changed votes when I looked; or BT had beaten me to it :/

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #370 on: November 16, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »
It's okay Raikaria <3

Also yeah Mitsuki's picking at it wrong, and I'd say something but I didn't read indepthly enough post-d2 to reliably remember what Dormio did and did not do. Although I pretty much only remember spamposts of "dude, dude, dude, no, dude, just no, dude, unvote unvote unvote dude" which definitely were, uh, yeah :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #371 on: November 16, 2013, 02:32:25 PM »

Not like I'm one to talk after last game, but you could be way more civil about the way you comment on these things, you know.

There's several people who seem to have preferred to insult Mitsuki this game instead of arguing things the proper way (see: Serela's graveyard posts). This may have been understandable while in-game because :pressure: and :time-limit: but those aren't excuses to be outright unpleasant anymore.

« Reply #372 on: November 16, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »
Also Cheez8 you did pretty well for your first game here (in my opinion) so don't bash yourself for being lynched.

In order to improve I suggest that you check out what the people who were town said that made them think you were scum, and try not to do those things next game.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »
At least my dead self was right about DNA being a Combo Number 5.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2013, 03:12:05 PM »
Also Cheez8 you did pretty well for your first game here (in my opinion) so don't bash yourself for being lynched.

In order to improve I suggest that you check out what the people who were town said that made them think you were scum, and try not to do those things next game.
Okay!

...How 'bout I bash myself instead for having a Dark/Dormio/Kilga scumteam hunch by the middle of Day 1 and not acting sufficiently on any of it, even going so far as to declare Darkie as town for a day or two?
(Thank you though, I will take that advice.)

speaking of not acting on stuff is it actually a good tactic to avoid lynching confirmed scum like you guys just did with Darkie, because, well... I'm not buying it.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #375 on: November 16, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »
speaking of not acting on stuff is it actually a good tactic to avoid lynching confirmed scum like you guys just did with Darkie, because, well... I'm not buying it.
no >:C

If there's major roleshen reasons it can be but that really wasn't relevant here

I think NNR wanted to do otherwise because he was pretty sure he'd get nightkilled, and that he wasn't sure what decision the rest of town would come to on Dormio/Polly the next day.

edit:Rolecop being filtered to Roleclop is utterly hilarious d1 in this case.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:43:56 PM by Serela »

« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »
Not on my computer so I have no access to my gifs but <insert homura hair flip gif here>

I gave up because I wanted to sleep and knew NNR wasn't going to unvote because he was too tired of thinking so w/e

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »
... wow, Dormio wasn't lynched? (@A@)
I thought that his spam posts about getting people to unvote him were really fake wwwwwwwwwwww I think that town would have written a single line post or such, probably in caps lock, and then more posts but a bit longer panicking about the situation. The way Dormio spammed didn't give the impression that he was in a hurry to stop his lynch nor that he felt that he'd lose the game if scum appeared.
I don't know why I still like playing mafia when it makes me go like "oh my god how can I fail this much" every time I play wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
The reason it's wrong is town doesn't really have a set answer to panicing. Some people get really mad, some people go whatever, some people delight in having caught the scum via votes on them. (They probably wouldn't do what Dormio did because :V but still) Same as how people have different reactions to being voted at all really.

Also we play because we fail and it is townie good.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »
Not like I'm one to talk after last game, but you could be way more civil about the way you comment on these things, you know.
You're asking for too much from me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2013, 09:07:14 PM »
Well, normally lynching Darkninjaabc first wouldn't have mattered, however Sky Palladium's gambit actually forced out the 1v1 between myself and Polly-kun early.
I mean NNR was undecided between myself and Polly-kun but basically he was guaranteed to die and Sky Palladium was pretty convincing in being the super stubborn guy.
So, it's like, if they lynched Darkninjaabc then NNR was guaranteed to die and basically he didn't like having his decision made for him which caused the 1v1 between Polly-kun and myself to happen right then and there.
Or something like that, I dunno.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
Speaking of which, that gambit isn't a very good one and it's never going to work Sky Palladium.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #381 on: November 16, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »
Edit your posts after the game instead of multiposting. Normal forum rules still apply here.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #382 on: November 16, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »
But I multipost in the DotA thread too. :ohdear:

« Reply #383 on: November 16, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #384 on: November 16, 2013, 11:52:47 PM »
I think those guys were just burned out.  But seeing NNR vote after I'd specifically said "Lets talk about it" was kind of frustrating.  He chose the exact moment I was away from the computer to post. 

Eventually it would have to come down to Polaris vs Dormio.  Polaris and Dormio had two black marks in my book while DNA had none.  I've always seen handwaving valid arguments - specifically, attacking the person or the argument with lines like "thats stupid" and not tackling the meat of the logical issue as a big scumtell.  Both Polaris and Dormio had done that to Mitsuki who had posted what I thought was an exceptional piece.  So that was what elevated both of them to scumlevel for me.  Unfortunately, Cheez8 already got picked up by Kilga due to the voting fiasco and I'd just been out-manouvered so had to vote Cheez8.  It was just...a really bad coincidence...

Anyway, the reason I pipped Dormio over Polaris was because of his potty mouth.  I didn't go back and ISO Polaris because I was so sure about Dormio.  I was hoping that we would lynch DNA on the last day and give NNR a chance to get one more check off.  I mean, Dormio, given that I was adamant about lynching you regardless the next day, who would you have nighhit?  NNR or I?  I think that if you were scum you would have gone for NNR because there was still some chance I would mislynch, whereas NNR would have DEFINITELY lynched if he got off his check on you. 

Anyway we made the wrong decisions on the day.  I spent too long twiddling my thumbs when I should have voted DNA ages ago.  Unfortunately the game was very messy once we lynched Cheez8.  We were incredibly lucky that Mitsuki had blocked the hit on night 2, otherwise I don't think we would even have got that chance on day 5.  Or you know, maybe with me being dead, people would have been able to lynch Validon on day 3 instead. 

>.>;;;  Well it was gg well played.  But there's no reason to insult the player personally in mafia.  It's just a game. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #385 on: November 17, 2013, 12:04:10 AM »
I've always seen handwaving valid arguments - specifically, attacking the person or the argument with lines like "thats stupid" and not tackling the meat of the logical issue as a big scumtell.  Both Polaris and Dormio had done that to Mitsuki who had posted what I thought was an exceptional piece.  So that was what elevated both of them to scumlevel for me.
Mitsuki's argument against Polaris made no sense, therefore it was stupid.
It wasn't logical and it wasn't worth my time bothering to pick apart.
And you realize that it's entirely possible to read people as town without agreeing with whatever it is they're saying or even thinking that they're on the completely wrong path.
Remember, nobody on town has any fucking clue about the alignments of anyone else (other than cops) so their guess is as good as yours and not necessarily right just because they're town.

Anyway, the reason I pipped Dormio over Polaris was because of his potty mouth.
lol?
That's a pretty terrible reason.
You are not going to have a good time playing with me if you're offended by swearing because it's something I do quite frequently.

I mean, Dormio, given that I was adamant about lynching you regardless the next day, who would you have nighhit?  NNR or I?  I think that if you were scum you would have gone for NNR because there was still some chance I would mislynch, whereas NNR would have DEFINITELY lynched if he got off his check on you. 
You realize that this question makes no fucking sense?
If I were town, then I can't kill and therefore cannot choose to kill either of NNR or you.
However, lets say that we were in the opposite situation where I am town and Polly-kun were scum and you have a "definite" scumread on Polly-kun, NNR would still die because NNR would be confirming me as town which leaves Polly-scum by PoE.
Like, seriously, your "gambit" to  get yourself killed over NNR would never work.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #386 on: November 17, 2013, 12:46:19 AM »
Chill gurl.

Its not like we lost or anything, we can just go to AUS maf and discuss there. I just abused my weirdness factor to panic town into a fast decision on either fake!hooker or scum!dormio instead of myself. :V

In the end it came down to luck, we have lost the game actually from when we failed to locate the cop and the doc because they kept replacing out and ended up taking far more time to read.
So perhaps its not entirely our fault?

Anyway.
It's been fun as my first scum game. Really cool we won this.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------