Author Topic: Justice Juice Mafia Thread I (NIGHT 3)  (Read 106905 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Justice Juice Mafia (DAY 2)
« Reply #540 on: November 04, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »
NNR has no reason to care that I'm voting for him but I can't admit that I'm voteparking because it'll expose me as scum further so I'm going to play coy instead

oh
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #541 on: November 04, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »
Also:

Not really relevant - we know scum killed SB, not vig

Why do we know this?

SB can still vote today and he wouldn't be able to do that if a townie killed him. A serial killer isn't out of the question but I'm going to act on the assumption that SB was the mafia kill.

Cut: ..That's a good catch. You're alright Cheez, you're alright.

How was this even a thing? It got discussed at the beginning of the day while you were around, you shouldn't have needed the clarification later. Are you just plain not paying attention to the thread (a possibility that might explain Making Stuff Up About SB)?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #542 on: November 04, 2013, 11:15:35 PM »
##Unvote, ##Vote: Shadoweh

You're probably a greater loss to the scum team than Validon. I wish I had two votes.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #543 on: November 04, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »
Just seeing kilga and px on vagon is making me turn my head.

But i cant see it. My logic isnt the best as how the game and you guys revealed. What i can least do is sheep. I will do the sheeping then if hes the only choice by day end.

Vali is anything but mediocre. His reads are confusing but far away from crap or godly. He never defended himself either. Hopefully he actually will now that given hes the biggest wagon with an impressive amount of people on so soon day start.

And theres that kilga is pushing validon. I just need more time to read anytging siurced kilga.

Seeya school
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #544 on: November 04, 2013, 11:49:38 PM »
Hi ho, hi ho, off to work we go. 

Well I'm happy with my vote on Shadoweh and seeing Kilg switch to it fills me with dark glee reassurance.  I can only presume Shadoweh will now flip town and ruin my good day. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #545 on: November 04, 2013, 11:58:52 PM »
MAKE A POST ABOUT SOON. PROBABLY.
Apparently "soon" translates to "whenever I'm done falling asleep and waking up a couple of times".

Anyway. I should address a few things first.
Dormio, I think you're making too much of Sky Paladin's Serela vote. Most of the newbies in this game have been hyper-paranoid about wagons and consolidation and whatnot, and once Sky Paladin saw he had more time than he thought he had he went back to voting someone he thought was scum. I don't think too harshly of him for it.
I dunno. Sky Palladium demonstrated competence and a willingness to abuse newbmeta last game.

Also.
I live in Japan so I'm on a drastically different time-zone
I live in Australia. Welcome to the club of shitty timezones.

Anyway, on to Validon98.
I dunno there's not terribly much for me to say when everyone else covers him first.
Can I just recycle my opinion on him from yesterday and say that I would sheep the various cases on him?

Moving on, Cheez8.
It's just like, I read through his D1 and he's got no opinions basically.
I mean the closest thing to scumreads are here but he gives basically no reasoning for any of his reads.
I mean I guess technically he has reasoning for his Kilga vote here which is mostly about how Kilga was attacking Validon but then if we look at Cheez8's posts today...
Like, this one for example, suddenly Kilga voting for Validon becomes something that Cheez8 is agreeing with.
I dunno, Cheez8's behaviours basically look to me like they're not really following a set thought process and that he's basically just trying to go with popular opinion to stay on the sidelines while having some (poorly thought out) unique reads to make it look like he's contributing.
Or something like that.

Warning - while you were reading 17 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
I surrender. My brain isn't working at all.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #546 on: November 04, 2013, 11:59:04 PM »
Also:
How was this even a thing? It got discussed at the beginning of the day while you were around, you shouldn't have needed the clarification later. Are you just plain not paying attention to the thread (a possibility that might explain Making Stuff Up About SB)?
I don't remember it getting talked about besides that SB was alive. Actually it hadn't occured to me that he could not come back.
No that's not the reason you giant dork. Sorry that you're more interested in letting literally The Worst Slot (tm) live. I can't imagine who I could be scum with since everyone hates me (I guess everyone since my scumteam always hates me dohohoho)

Sky: I find it more likely that I won't flip at all, because that would be terrible. Sorry.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #547 on: November 05, 2013, 12:26:53 AM »
I am annoyed with Validon because apparently he thought it would be a good idea to start ISOs off with CF7 of all people, and we all know that CF7 is unremarkable so I dunno what Validon was trying to accomplish there. Regardless, anyone can just ISO a person and make comments about various things that are suspicious and look like they're contributing. Validon, your top priority should be to say "[INSERT NAME HERE] is the scum" and place a vote down on that person.

Shadoweh pseudo-defending Validon is notable, and could imply Shadoweh-Validon scumteam but that's for later. Leaving my vote on Validon.

« Reply #548 on: November 05, 2013, 12:29:43 AM »
I am ok with lynching Shadoweh though. It's just that Validon > Shadoweh in my head.

« Reply #549 on: November 05, 2013, 12:32:17 AM »
Or maybe it's because Shadoweh is just so Bad? that I'm not even dignifying her by prioritizing her scumminess. ?_?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #550 on: November 05, 2013, 01:14:53 AM »
I am annoyed with Validon because apparently he thought it would be a good idea to start ISOs off with CF7 of all people, and we all know that CF7 is unremarkable so I dunno what Validon was trying to accomplish there.

Well I'm sorry, I just wanted to double-check and make sure there wasn't something he said that seemed scummy. >_>;

Validon, your top priority should be to say "[INSERT NAME HERE] is the scum" and place a vote down on that person.

Okay, listen. I've been looking at everyone's posts and seeing whether or not they could be scummy. I'm doing the fucking best I can, and I'm not going to go "[INSERT NAME HERE] is the scum" when I have my fucking doubts. I have been getting a LOT of nullreads this game, and frankly it's really annoying when people are jumping on me for not being able to find a solid case. The only cases I had were against Serela and SB, but they both ended up town, so what when do I do? I ISO people who are leaning scum.

I don't think anyone realizes this yet: D1 sucks for me. I am NOT someone who just jumps on little tiny details and expect it to reveal scum. No, I look at what's there and try my best to suss out a case from what's there, but I know I will more often than not fail to do so.  I have had a VERY difficult time sussing out any cases this time around, and the ones I DID suss out ended up being wrong in both cases. It also doesn't help that I've been dragged away from the game by school and other IRL shit. So pardon me if my play is subpar. I can only do so much and be here for so long before my head starts hurting and I need to do other things.

I'm tired of looking through posts that don't seem scummy to me. I'm just going to vote for who I currently think is the scummiest, because CLEARLY if I don't then I'M the scum.

##Vote: Shadoweh

I know NNR hasn't posted yet, but goddamnit that's no reason to vote him. The initial CF7 vote already left a sour taste in my throat. Continuously pushing him right now is folly and you should actually take a look at other people that you find scummy.

If you have any questions for me, I'll answer them in a while when I'm better able to collect my thoughts, because right now I'm a little tired of reading things right now.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #551 on: November 05, 2013, 02:16:15 AM »
This is just general mafia advice, but you should start expecting people to jump on you if you know your play is bad. Try not to take things personally and snark at people who are just playing the game.

Shadoweh

« Reply #552 on: November 05, 2013, 02:28:00 AM »
I was scumbuddies with Serela for defending him too. I'm glad my habit of reading people and finding good traits in them helps you all ship me with so many people.

Valdion, that's quite obviously not why I'm voting Neko. That is possibly the worst vote I've seen all day. Are you seriously mad at me for voting a lurking scumbag slot that keeps getting replaced out? Telling me pushing at someone is 'folly' is hilarious because it's not scummy to do stupid stubborn things, so why are you voting me besides that you've decided it's Not You?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #553 on: November 05, 2013, 02:44:13 AM »
Hell, you haven't voted for really anyone else recently. I am perfectly aware that CF7/NNR's slot has done like nothing at all recently. If that's the case, instead of wasting your vote on someone supposedly "unremarkable," use it on someone you can actually argue against. Besides, if he doesn't talk, he'll probably get modkilled anyways, and if he is scum then he'll be revealed for the scum that he is. It's a waste of your time to do that, but yet you still insist on doing it anyways. For what reason? Are you just trying to get an easy target? What about your other reads? You apparently have one on me and Kilga. Why not actually vote for one of your reads instead of leaving your vote on someone who can't even argue back at the moment?

@Polaris: I am not taking anyone jumping on me personally. I'm more frustrated at myself for not sticking around enough when I have the time to actually do this. I got a little carried away with that post, though. I'm just going to say I'm going to try to stick around more D2, because not being here more and participating more is what has caused everyone to jump on me, and it's that same thing that angers me about Shadoweh's vote on NNR.

Shadoweh

« Reply #554 on: November 05, 2013, 03:03:26 AM »
I disbelieve he'll actually get modkilled until it happens. People tend to show up at the last moment to save themselves.
I'm perfectly capable of yelling at people without voting for them still. Like you. Not swinging my vote around like an idiot is again, a thing I'm not doing but it's not a scummy thing. Didn't you think CF7 was scummy? Do you think I'm attacking a townie that can't fight back, or am I correct in assuming from your tone that you don't care about CF7 so much as that it makes a good reason to vote me because I'm 'attacking a lurker' or whatever? I'm not trying to convince you of anything with my vote, you're not the one I want to read with it.

« Reply #555 on: November 05, 2013, 03:11:18 AM »
I was scumbuddies with Serela for defending him too. I'm glad my habit of reading people and finding good traits in them helps you all ship me with so many people.

don't be a weenie, you know i'm talking about association reads >_>

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #556 on: November 05, 2013, 03:16:39 AM »
C'mon, Shadowy. If you're gonna go down like this the least you could do is try to push your "case" by linking the Downfall video so we can all get a few chuckles out of the whole thing.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #557 on: November 05, 2013, 03:22:40 AM »
That doesn't mean anything. The only thing I could see as scummy in CF7 from memory was his "I'll reread everything" post... which was his last post. Other than that, though, I still don't see how he was exactly scummy. Not posting, sure. People sometimes do that. Hell, PX hasn't been able to post in a while, but that has been excused due to IRL stuff. Who knows what's been going on with CF7? I still don't find it exactly great that you continue to push on someone who might not be able to post. You call my vote bad, but you're still holding onto a bad vote yourself. Hypocritical, no?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #558 on: November 05, 2013, 03:39:45 AM »
Hey, remember when NNR was supposed to post? :V

« Reply #559 on: November 05, 2013, 03:47:14 AM »
I'm pretty tempted to switch to Shadoweh right now but that would be L-1 with over 48 hours left in the day and that would be hilariously silly. At least Validon started putting effort in after being called out for it, which counts for something.

Trying to consider some not Shadoweh people that could be scum, but the entire glob of Sky Palladium, Darkninja, Cheez is a big bleh. If I had to pick one person out of the three it'd probably be Sky Palladium. I should probably also consider Dormio as an option.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #560 on: November 05, 2013, 04:05:00 AM »
Moving on, Cheez8.
It's just like, I read through his D1 and he's got no opinions basically.
I mean the closest thing to scumreads are here but he gives basically no reasoning for any of his reads.
I'm pretty sure I gave somewhat valid reasons for a couple of my votes and reads yesterday, and stuck with them.

I mean I guess technically he has reasoning for his Kilga vote here which is mostly about how Kilga was attacking Validon but then if we look at Cheez8's posts today...
Like, this one for example, suddenly Kilga voting for Validon becomes something that Cheez8 is agreeing with.
I noticed this too, and it bothered me.
(Kinda worries me that most of the people happiest to vote Validon are some of my scumteam hunches from Day 1 but I'll wait and see how things go.)
You'll notice that I did wait and see how things go, and decided against voting for Validon.

I dunno, Cheez8's behaviours basically look to me like they're not really following a set thought process and that he's basically just trying to go with popular opinion to stay on the sidelines while having some (poorly thought out) unique reads to make it look like he's contributing.
Or something like that.

You're at least half right. I'm not following a set thought process at all, other than thinking about possibilities and figuring out which ones I think I can safely discount as impossible. As for popular opinion... maybe. I'm probably swayed by others' opinions more than I'd like to believe. Whatever "unique reads" you're talking about are probably my attempts to counter that without even noticing it (and I don't know if I'd call them poorly thought out all the time. Okay maybe I would but I wouldn't call them inaccurate.) That last part though... Nope. I've done nothing to "look like I'm contributing." In fact, I've barely had two posts so far where I concerned myself at all with how I come across. Nearly all of my posts in this game have been created with the sole intent of adding to the town's collective information. Pointing out a flaw, suggesting a possibility, mentioning a hunch... I've been doing whatever felt useful, without worrying about whether it'll make me look like a townie. In fact I'm pretty sure this is the first post I've made in this game that actually specifically addresses my standing in that regard.

Wow, I thought there would be fewer words there.
Anyway.

Validon's #550 here sounds trustworthy. It makes me happy.

...Are you serious, is Shadoweh actually at L-2 right now?
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #561 on: November 05, 2013, 04:12:25 AM »
Nearly all of my posts in this game have been created with the sole intent of adding to the town's collective information.
That and voting.  :V

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #562 on: November 05, 2013, 04:29:04 AM »
Votecount 2.4

Shadoweh (4): Sky_Paladin, SB, Kilgamayan, Validon98
Validon98 (2): Polaris, PX
Kilgamayan (1): Darkninjaabc
Sky_Paladin (1): Dormio
NekoNekoRex (1): Shadoweh

Not Voting (2): NekoNekoRex, Cheez8

It's 6 to lynch and 48.5 hours remaining.
(Countdown)

Quote from: bars
NNR - 1313
PX - 700
Everyone else - 400

This dragon doesn't actually like modkills, you know. Grace period for, like, some 12 hours, seriously.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #563 on: November 05, 2013, 04:47:18 AM »
Did I inherit a wordcount penalty or something or has it really been that long?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #564 on: November 05, 2013, 04:49:02 AM »
Both. Best get to posting.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #565 on: November 05, 2013, 04:54:59 AM »
19) Taking note of the rule before this one, replacements should be ready to jump in immediately if/when they're needed.

Though I guess I should have made it clear that the point is each slot has a bar.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #566 on: November 05, 2013, 05:23:44 AM »
PX - 700

PX you might want to get around to fixing this, just because you're not getting lynched today doesn't mean you're super duper townie. <_<

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #567 on: November 05, 2013, 05:28:29 AM »
Just dropping in to comment on the current situation.

Shadoweh has been suspicious since d1. And honestly I do not really know what to think of him now.
If he's anywhere near scum he should be panicking and countering all the minor details when so close to hammer. We all understand getting lynched d2 isn't exactly the best idea. How absolutely laidback and carefree his attitude is mind boggling.
I am not ready to wagon him. I want to hear his thoughts and hopefully convince us he isnt scum. Last game was basically lost due to the uncaring of us players. And if you actually dont care enough, stop it, we need you.

That said again, if we do run out of time again I shall gladly take the hammer to you for being a dick, nothing personal really. But ruining everyone's game deserve a fitting virtual death.

Basically validon's walls are pretty convincing to me, as I basically think the exact same thing at my cases falling apart.  Bleh.
Kilga is sending me in a train of mad speculation. Is he like actually town with small slips appearing everywhere but refused to address them? Or is he a town just not directly addressing a newb's voice because he knows that said newb cannot sway the game much? No. Those responses from him and his followup enthusiasm in bouncing around poking at so-called ''scummy players'' without much analysis is enough to convince me he's scum.

This is also why I am unwilling to wagon shadow now. Sure there could be that kilga and him are playing a doublebus and its no doubt they both have the brains to do so. Yet more is the fact that the day is far from end. If we don't further push the wagon scum will have a considerably harder time wifom themselves out of it if they quickhammer now.

In a nutshell, speak up shadoweh. And kilga too.

PX can wait. He's either getting replaced or will explain hard. Either way its not solid scumread that prioritizes shadoweh lynch(whom I will lynch reluctantly if no better options are provided). And both my hands are up for kilga wagon anytime.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #568 on: November 05, 2013, 05:31:20 AM »
And then there's cheez8.

I have to leave now so I can't wall my doubts. But he's null either way and won't interfere with my votes on where I believe are people who richly deserve it,.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #569 on: November 05, 2013, 05:33:19 AM »
Or is he a town just not directly addressing a newb's voice because he knows that said newb cannot sway the game much?

I responded to everything I saw that you addressed directly at me. If I missed something, feel free to point it out and I'll get to it when I can (though I'm about to go to bed). Shadowy has all but claimed scum at this point so we have some free time.