Author Topic: 12.3 English Patch Released!  (Read 14284 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
12.3 English Patch Released!
« on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:31 AM »
http://www.gensokyo.org/archives/1331

Yuppers. I don't believe I saw a thread for this yet, sooo... Hisoutensoku english patch! Whee~

Man that music room is big.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:50:11 AM by Neo★Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Gpop

Re: 12.3 English Patch Released!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 02:51:03 AM »
Ahaha so you really did make the thread instead of me.

Either way, I STILL have to get the 1.10 patch >_>

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:21:07 AM »
You know, now that this place is tucked away in a subforum, I almost missed this 8O

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 04:43:15 AM »
Well, I think I just might be playing Soku again.
And yay, I finally get to read the card descriptions. And the victory comments.

Although now I can't have my parents walk by randomly every now and then, look at the character selection screen and go, "Oh, you know those characters? That name means this and this, etc."
I know the wiki has the explanations for character names, but having my parents tell me about it makes it so much more cool and real.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 08:50:23 AM »
HOLY SHIT YES!

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:59:33 AM »
Gah. The translator mangled some of the cooler spellcard names. Not that I'm ungrateful for the patch, but...

'Nine Character Pierce', really? (vs 'Nine Syllable Stabs')  'Kick of Showering Brilliance'? (vs. Descending Flower Slam) Agggghhhh.

(They did this with Massacre on Mount Ooe, too- it used to be 'Mt. Ooe Endeavour "Massacre Everyone"'. Tell me that "Massacre Everyone" is a boring spellcard name. Seriously.)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 01:44:37 PM »
This is very good.
TY TY TY

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »
Awesome! Now i can play it without guessing which button does what  :)
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 05:26:02 PM »
Splendid~

I also beat Suwako's final spellcard without continuing in Sanae's story mode for the first time! This makes the patch even MORE awesome! ;)

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 06:06:14 PM »
To continue with Furienify★~'s description of stuff that makes this patch less than stellar, the text leading up to the titlescreen is unedited(the itself titlescreen being unedited is halfway forgivable; I'm not sure how they could have put that together), the headings on the staff roll are left untranslated(because who wants to know who was responsible for what task, right?), the edges of letters on the in-game dialogue are often cut off, and BGM name for Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom runs off the screen.

Also, just another question for any of the people who worked on the patch: have you released the tools and documentation? If you haven't, do you plan to?
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

mauve

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »
To continue with Furienify★~'s description of stuff that makes this patch less than stellar, the text leading up to the titlescreen is unedited(the itself titlescreen being unedited is halfway forgivable; I'm not sure how they could have put that together), the headings on the staff roll are left untranslated(because who wants to know who was responsible for what task, right?), the edges of letters on the in-game dialogue are often cut off, and BGM name for Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom runs off the screen.

Also, just another question for any of the people who worked on the patch: have you released the tools and documentation? If you haven't, do you plan to?
I'm the hacker on this project, not the translator or editor, but I'm going to address this anyway.

The staff rolls were not edited on any of the gs.org patches, choosing instead to leave them as the originals. Similarly, that thing leading up to the titlescreen? It's "Shanghai Alice" and "Tasogare Frontier." Yup. The title itself is pretty artsy and it was felt that it was better to leave it as is. Nobody would have cared if the game had had an English subtitle like all the other TH games, but oh well.

The BGM thing is an oversight, you're right. Dunno how that got through testing. If there's ever another version we'll fix that.

And I don't have any plans to release my tools, no, and I have no particular plans to either. You may find that th123e.dat is in a common format, though.

Herasy

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 01:10:50 AM »
Just as I was thinking of attempting this myself, the patch is completed out of nowhere! Kudos for the hard work.

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »
Finally this patch is made, I can't wait to actually know what the characters are saying this time around, thanks...
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...