Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 245426 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #870 on: June 18, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »
That team has a severe lack of physical defense... I cant imagine it beating stuff like hibachi twins/baal avatar, etc at any kind o reasonable level. Tenshi should prove to be actually good since toull be forced to overlevel im sure, enough for her to survive defense ignores.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #871 on: June 18, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »
Rumia
Kaguya
Utsuho
Shikieiki
You have every defense ignoring move in the game  :V

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #872 on: June 18, 2013, 09:52:34 PM »
You have every defense ignoring move in the game  :V

Nah; it's missing Renko's Galaxy Stop.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #873 on: June 18, 2013, 09:59:44 PM »
Nah; it's missing Renko's Galaxy Stop.
Renko hardly counts in that department, but fine.  I think of that move as purely a PAR/SPD debuff anyway.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #874 on: June 19, 2013, 03:12:10 AM »
Renko hardly counts in that department, but fine.  I think of that move as purely a PAR/SPD debuff anyway.

You mean there's other ways to see it...?

But seriously, Renko hurts your team more than she hurts your opponent, so no one should encourage her MAG stats to begin with.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #875 on: June 19, 2013, 04:17:19 AM »
I was nitpicking. Don't take it so seriously.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #876 on: June 19, 2013, 10:14:27 AM »
Once in a while I managed to stop being a lazy ass and be productive for once.  :V
Here's my work on the battle images folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xx8vccti4x4xnza/THE_FRUITS.rar
Tell me if anything offends you.
That's it for now.
Edited:check later post

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:17:56 PM by The Krve »

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #877 on: June 19, 2013, 11:34:50 AM »
Made it to the end of 7F.

St. Elmo's Fire was harder than normal due to the lack of, well, Youmu.  Mystia and Flan were the champs.

Took Yuugi down at around avg level 26 or so.  It was at this point I realized I don't have a single CLD element attack in my party.  KO in 3 Steps did more than 3 times Tenshi's max health with State of Enlightenment on, so the end of the battle was a super scramble to nuke as fast as possible.

And now I'm stuck on Tam's Foe (as if you couldn't have predicted that).  The feature (bug?) where he'll move onto his next ability in sequence if he happens to choose an invalid target is infuriating.  I'm pretty sure I'm close to beating him, it's just a matter of grinding out a bit more fire affinity.

Once in a while I managed to stop being a lazy ass and be productive for once.  :V
Here's my work on the battle images folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xx8vccti4x4xnza/THE_FRUITS.rar
Tell me if anything offends you qazmlpok.
That's it for now.

How about instead of "Cons battles won", it just says "Battle Streak"?

The Krve

« Reply #878 on: June 19, 2013, 12:19:03 PM »

The Krve

« Reply #879 on: June 20, 2013, 02:44:53 AM »
Anyone can tell what's the difference between MenuBar and MenuBar2 ? From what I can tell only MenuBar2 is being used in-game.
I'll just leave MenuBar alone otherwise.

« Reply #880 on: June 20, 2013, 02:58:54 AM »
Anyone can tell what's the difference between MenuBar and MenuBar2 ? From what I can tell only MenuBar2 is being used in-game.
I'll just leave MenuBar alone otherwise.

I highly recommend doing both, since it's likely that MenuBar is just being used in a non-obvious spot.

I'm working on getting these images inserted into the game so I can see what they look like. Turns out I forgot to update my repacker to work with directories. Oops.

The Krve

« Reply #881 on: June 20, 2013, 03:13:53 AM »
I would , but RegalStar's translation for MenuBar is too vague for me to use, especially "Change Equip"   "Equipments"    "Items".

The Krve

« Reply #882 on: June 20, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
Menu folder done.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5o4fa62be8of970/THE_FRUITS_v0.2.rar
As stated before , I'll leave MenuBar2 alone until a better translation comes up.
About Inspect_Icon0,1,2,3 , I resort to using subtitles because cleaning those images is beyond my capabilities .
Edit: For the images that I cannot clean up without breaking the image's quality , I'll go for subtitles - quick, dirty, efficient.
If anyone disagree, just say something

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:52:17 PM by The Krve »

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #883 on: June 20, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »
All required and optional content (barring bloodstained seals, naturally) done up to the Eientei fight.

So, I've learned two new things about this game this run, since I've been using the wiki.

1. I had no idea that the Disgusting Malice fight existed.
2. I now know why I could never get Reisen's Getitup V drop before.

Getting Reisen's drop was surprisingly difficult since the fight is normally so trivial.  If I didn't get lucky with paralysis, my entire team could repeatedly get mana drained.

Suwako ended up being much more difficult than I remember.  I decided it wasn't worth it and just came back 5 or so levels later.

The same thing, but for Nitori.  Getting Tenshi into a good spot to take megawatts was key.  Thankfully she's weak to fire, which I have *plenty* of.

The 10F-12F were fairly par for the course, although I got severe pangs of homesickness for better days with good old Chen, who could outspeed the Demon-Faced Tops.  I'm sorry, Aya, you're just not good enough...

If, when looking at my team, you thought "I bet the Tenshi fight will be trivial," you'd be right!  Her actions were: Sword of Rapture (killing Aya), Focus, Focus, dead.  It was actually a fairly long fight, but Mystia remains as pro as ever, keeping her paralyzed and poisoned.

Sometime during the giant maze, I went back and took out Sanae's Foe, which, surprisingly, activates immediately in NG+ instead of waiting for you to pseudo-recruit 20 actual characters.

I can confirm that the NG+ BP save in the thread OP does not have enough BP for Youmu's Yuyuko event.  However, I can also confirm that she is at most 24 BP away, which is exactly the amount you'll get if you fight with her in your front line until she goes home (her base TP is 12), so it's a fairly simple endeavor.

So now I'm at Eientei.  Looking at the Battle Data, it looks like there isn't actually much danger to killing Reisen?  Kaguya's and Eirin's berserk states are tied to each other, and Reisen's is tied to Eirin's, so it seems like the character I've always killed last before should in fact be the one I kill first...?

Kaguya (mine) finally has enough SP to cast Hourai Barrage twice, but she still has no legitimate targets for Buddha's Stone Bowl.  I guess I'm just waiting for Shikieiki to have enough SP to cast Last Judgment twice in a row.  Mystia is still the queen of trash battles, and Yuyuko and Utsuho remain...useless for now. :/

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #884 on: June 21, 2013, 03:56:06 AM »
The idea behind leaving Reisen for last is that she has practically no PAR resist and can be simply PAR-locked, letting you focus on the other two in the meantime. Also, Reisen's nuke is far weaker if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if anything happens if you kill Reisen first, but there's probably no special reactions from the other two. And yeah in a NG+ with characters unlocked you can fight Sanae's Foe immediately; that's probably caused a few game overs for some people.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #885 on: June 21, 2013, 04:33:51 AM »
Well, it ended up being key for me, since with Reisen gone, Alice could debuff Eirin's and Kaguya's MAG without procing Buddha's Stone Bowl, which let me survive the inevitable Astronomical Entombing.

No Sunglasses, but oh well.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #886 on: June 21, 2013, 04:36:49 AM »
Well, it ended up being key for me, since with Reisen gone, Alice could debuff Eirin's and Kaguya's MAG without procing Buddha's Stone Bowl, which let me survive the inevitable Astronomical Entombing.

No Sunglasses, but oh well.
Hold on... I didn't know killing Reisen first would allow you to debuff spam Eirin and Kaguya. That would of saved me a great amount of time for my Komachi.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #887 on: June 21, 2013, 05:02:03 AM »
You aren't allowed to. I believe Kaguya will do her Buddha's Stone Bowl if you have 3 debuffs on. He probably means the limit of 3 debuffs is gone now, so with 2 characters, you can have 1 debuff on both of them.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #888 on: June 21, 2013, 05:23:16 AM »
You aren't allowed to. I believe Kaguya will do her Buddha's Stone Bowl if you have 3 debuffs on. He probably means the limit of 3 debuffs is gone now, so with 2 characters, you can have 1 debuff on both of them.
AH, that makes sense big time.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #889 on: June 21, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »

And trust me, if you're doing a NG+ run and are stuck with, say, Renko, Reisen, Eirin, and basically every AoE Debuffer, this match comes down to 'PAR-lock Kaguya or lose'.

Also don't use Alice this fight if you have her.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

The Krve

« Reply #890 on: June 21, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »

The Krve

« Reply #891 on: June 21, 2013, 12:17:28 PM »
This is where I'll stop I think.
At best, I'll work on the System folder, but I'm definitely NOT touching the Town folder as I cannot clean them up with my skills.
Good luck gentlemen.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 12:26:45 PM by The Krve »

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #892 on: June 21, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »
13F is still the worst floor in the game and should've been removed.

Beat Evil Forge on 14F and left everything else for later.

Random battles are hitting the point where everyone has to pitch in or I game over every few steps.  This of course means I have far less SP over time.  Getting to the Hill Gigas involved blowing a bunch of skill points to Aya's TP and running away from everything.  The battle itself was easy due to PAR (Mystia is goddess queen).

Surprisingly had a really good first try versus Great Stamp.  What's kind of funny is that, apart from Shikieiki, my team doesn't even have a speed debuff, so I don't need to worry about that.  I got a good deal of damage done via PAR locking, and I think I'm pretty close to a victory.

I'm pretty much just bumrushing my way through 16F at this point.  I still have tons of bosses on the lower floors before I attempt Yukari: Mokou, Kaguya's Foe, Triomagen, Yuyuko, Orin, Great Stamp, and Flandre, so I've got my work cut out for me.

Kaguya and Yuyuko have started taking part in trash battles recently.  They still don't have enough SP to be regulars, though.  Aya's damage has been getting more and more pitiful, Utsuho is still mostly useless, and Mystia remains the best.

This is where I'll stop I think.
At best, I'll work on the System folder, but I'm definitely NOT touching the Town folder as I cannot clean them up with my skills.
Good luck gentlemen.

Status_LExplain0.png uses "PSN" for Poison.
ResistIcon_Conclusion.png uses "POI" for Poison.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #893 on: June 21, 2013, 05:21:46 PM »
I actually like 13F.  I gained a lot of appreciation for how it works while mapping it-if you go straight into the teleporter and follow the notes you see, it actually leads you through most of the floor and the stairs-no guesswork required!

17F on the other had is a piece of crap with no bosses, no treasure, no events, just blind running around in a teleporter maze where one wrong steps sends you alllll the way back.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #894 on: June 21, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
Heh. Wasn't too hard for me for some reason...
I'm feeling like i hit pretty much same thing on floor 25. Random encounters there are pain in the ass. Elgoma Customs outspeed anyone and then hit with huge whirlwind. Dark Kedamas have ridiculous amount of hp. Earthshakers have defences through the roof and my sweeping party of Mystia, Orin, Nitori and Suwako have kinda hard time with them. And don't even start on those annoying strategists...
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

The Krve

« Reply #895 on: June 22, 2013, 12:51:46 AM »
Status_LExplain0.png uses "PSN" for Poison.
ResistIcon_Conclusion.png uses "POI" for Poison.
Fixed lol.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ykrspcsult1p7dc/THE_FRUITS_v0.3.rar

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #896 on: June 22, 2013, 01:35:35 AM »
Alright, one more update

The main file should now have every dialogue events in the demo transcribed, I've put on some of them the conditions that unlocks the event (if I was able to find it)
Spoiler:
(still not sure about how to get Minoriko, I think it's tied up with the bush on 3F before Komachi and the FOE, but I can't be sure. I do know that having Minoriko removes it, so yea...)

I've also added some corrections on the characters' files (not much), but I've added
Spoiler:
Yuyuko and Yukari
spells to the doc, not like it do much, but hey, it's that done. Also, the MP cost of the spell's description are different from when you choose the spell on the attack menu. I haven't really checked which one was the correct value.

There's also a new doc with some "basic" translation for a few part, I'm slowly getting there. Parts translated include
Spoiler:
Part of Rumia's events
Almost all of Momiji's event
Part of Parsee's Event
Part of Kogasa's Event
About half of Cirno's event on 1F
Ice block event
Almost all of Chen's 1F event
SDM event

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rz398b0d344rod3/loth2translationstuffupdated.rar

Also, just to know, when they use アンタ, and  アンタ達, do they mean you(single)/you(group) like with あなた? Not that used with katakana
(I get annoyed when they replace normal hiragana words with katakana)
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

The Krve

« Reply #897 on: June 22, 2013, 02:03:05 AM »
BTW, qazmlpok, how does the process of getting those images into the game work ?
You repack the images and replace it, or you have 'manually' place the images into the correct position ?

« Reply #898 on: June 22, 2013, 02:46:14 AM »
BTW, qazmlpok, how does the process of getting those images into the game work ?
You repack the images and replace it, or you have 'manually' place the images into the correct position ?

I have a program that reads in the img1.dxa file and extracts all of the contents. That's how I posted those images already. That part works.

Then I take the files you send me, replace them in the extract, and run the rebuild script to recreate the img1.dxa file with the new images.

The last part still isn't working. I think I'm close, but it's not working in game and it's driving me crazy. Once it does work, though, it's a very simple process

The Krve

« Reply #899 on: June 22, 2013, 03:54:53 AM »
I have a program that reads in the img1.dxa file and extracts all of the contents. That's how I posted those images already. That part works.

Then I take the files you send me, replace them in the extract, and run the rebuild script to recreate the img1.dxa file with the new images.

The last part still isn't working. I think I'm close, but it's not working in game and it's driving me crazy. Once it does work, though, it's a very simple process
Is it because of my images or is this just a faulty program on your part ?
I'm not trying to offend you, but if my images isn't working in game for some reason, then I may have derped, HARD.
I may have to start all over again just to find a solution,
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:59:45 AM by The Krve »