Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 245213 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #240 on: February 01, 2013, 04:25:53 PM »
I think 7F is perfectly fine, but 17F has the issue that there's not a single piece of treasure or events or anything. It's just kinda... well, there's no reward for exploration past the obvious goal to reach the next floor.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2013, 05:10:26 PM »
Its Pretty justified since you can just change party members by going to town but one thing about 17f is that its near impossible to safely kill trash including those crystal things if your lineup doesnt include aoe physical dps.

I kept hearing people talk about how hard 17f trash was and i just didnt get it. But i had aya (and sakuya) in my first playthru, yuugi and chen in my 2nd, kanako and someone in my 3rd. But my 4th... Nobody had multitarget phys damage, and those crystals WRECKED me =p. like, gold sorceresses were pussycats in comparison.

But yeah, fake un-intuitive binary floor is the only one i really really want gone (in a cold deep dark hole)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2013, 06:20:07 PM »
Yeah, I never got the 17F random hate either. I always beat them all up without much of an issue.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »
I never get it, either. I always run away without issue :V

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2013, 11:38:44 PM »
So I just killed the Flame Tyrant, Reimu at level... 216, I think, can't bother to go check.

I've reached the point where literally everything my characters have is worth 5k SKP to level up, everything, including speed, HP, SP, TP, Defense, Mind, main offensive stat and all elemental resistances, and that's for all 12 members of my party.

What the hell do I do with my SKP now?  :(

Regardless, I think next up would be the 21F sigil guardian, yes? If so, any tips? I can't use iku to tank because she's a MND tank, not a DEF tank, at the same time, the only ones who can take as much of a beating as she can are Yukari (Slow as molasses) and Reimu (Not risking my main healer.)

There's also Komachi but I'd need to keep bringing Minoriko out to keep up with her massive HP pool.

What pains me the most is the fact that I'm only 1 floor away from having to deal with the Hibachi Twins and Maribel V.2, this is gonna suck, especially the latter.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:30 PM »
Welp, not using china is a major setback. Not using her is kinda like decidin to play with a less than full party in other rpgs or something. Baal avatar without china, remi, tenshi, etc? Lool. Komachi would be terrible to use though for that fight.

As for skillpoints, 5k sp is really not much, once you hit floor 27 youll regularly get 40-130ksp from one fight, and they arent even hard fights so yeah.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2013, 03:12:48 AM »
The Liliths are a special case, though, each one giving I think 92,000 skill points. you won't get that kind of skp anymore once you move on to 28F. But yeah, as far into the game as you are, 5K for a skill point level up isn't that much.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2013, 06:04:16 AM »
At your level, the Hibachi twins should be a piece of cake. I usually defeat them somewhere around levels 160-180ish.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2013, 06:22:18 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to include my full party.

Meiling / Iku / Ran / Mystia / Nitori / Suwako / Komachi / Flandre / Yukari / Reimu / Kaguya / Minoriko

What I meant up there is that I know Meiling can take the punishment all day, but Iku can't, and I feel safer with two tanks in the first 2 slots.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »
Ran or Yukari with def builds are great in the second slot, but I imagine neither of yours have that. They might still be better then Iku, though. I generally have her in the third slot spamming offense buffs and switches unless the boss is all magic. Switch spam with high delay nukes is magical.

Minoriko's use starts to fall off in Plus Disk since Reimu and Yukari can spam their party buff and Reimu's heal as much as you like. You might consider taking in someone better for second slot tanking. (Unless you'd like to wait for Keine, or take on Rumia to help supplement Reimu's heal; as long as she has a MAG buff on her and a little MAG pampering, in plus disk her heal is actually pretty good)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »
Ugh, I FINALLY motivated myself to beat the Hill Gigas again to reopen the staircase to Floor 16 again. It went a lot better this time (read: he only got Hand Kannon off as well as his opening move, and I kept him paralyzed for pretty much the whole battle). And I actually saved. Not repeating THAT again.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2013, 11:38:04 PM »
Ran or Yukari with def builds are great in the second slot, but I imagine neither of yours have that. They might still be better then Iku, though. I generally have her in the third slot spamming offense buffs and switches unless the boss is all magic. Switch spam with high delay nukes is magical.

Ran is more magical and spd for the sheer utility in boss fights and sheer power in floor thrash.

As for Yukari, I've been building her purely tanky, actually, she was actually able to survive the Flame Tyrants opening move (Flame Blast. It's no Flowing Hellfire but hey, he has 60k MAG) with just about 200 FIR Affinity.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2013, 02:10:19 AM »
I prefer tank building ran myself, especially if I lacked someone like remi to slot 2 tank but yeah looks like youre stuck with yukari. She should be a bit better than stats suggest anyway since she can keep her defense buffs high with her version of hakurei barrier ( part of the reason remi owns for slot 2 too, her buff isnt just attack, but makes her defenses even better than china, she still not as good though for 1st slot since no self heal, and china hopefully gets some def buffs from raymoo or something too).

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2013, 07:19:23 AM »
It's been a while since I've had a chance to play. I've explored all of 16F and just beat up Yukari at Mino 75. Maribel got ganked early on by Insect Nest, so she wasn't able to provide debuffs for the battle. Cirno, however, managed to stay alive to keep Yukari's SPD down while Orin kept her DEF down so that  she, Remilia ,and Rinno could get some decent damage off on Yukari. Thanks to Cirno, Marisa could regenerate her sp between Djinn Storms pretty quickly and thus Marisa did the bulk of the damage this fight. Since I kept Yukari's SPD in the negatives, she did use HyperActive Flying Object quite a bit, so towards the end I was saccing whoever was in the front slot that I didn't need. Overall, the battle went a lot smoother than I anticipated it to be, although her last phase was definitely a bit hairy.

EDIT: Explored 17F, Battle Angels and Gold Knights can go die in a fire uuuu
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:26:42 AM by Rukoto »

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2013, 12:42:09 PM »
If you check the developer's site , they are working on Labyrinth 2 .
http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2013, 03:38:25 PM »
If you check the thread, we've talked about that a lot :V

You're also at least the second person to do this (except last time was even worse because we had -just- been posting about it) so now it's even more amusing.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2013, 04:16:33 PM »
Wow , silly me . Thanks for the notification .

« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2013, 07:07:24 AM »
I dunno if anyone has mention this but "Gensokyo and the Heaven-Piercing Great Tree" is the title of LoT2.

Credit goes to Sungho for translating that for me.

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2013, 10:15:56 AM »
If you check the developer's site , they are working on Labyrinth 2 .
http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/

This is awesome news!

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
I dunno if anyone has mention this but "Gensokyo and the Heaven-Piercing Great Tree" is the title of LoT2.

Credit goes to Sungho for translating that for me.

Oh, I asked on Pooshlmer (why I still do I have no idea) about that and didn't get much of a response besides "great tree." The only part I could translate myself was Gensokyo...
I wonder if this Great Tree is where the dungeon is this time. If so, it's like Fushigi no Gensokyo all over again.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #261 on: February 04, 2013, 02:09:29 PM »
Great Tree makes me think of Yggdrasil.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2013, 03:08:24 PM »
Well, yeah, all the great trees are generally World Tree/Yggdrasil.

Parallaxal

« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »
So what you're saying is that this is going to be even more like Etrian Odyssey? Specifically, the 2nd one?

I see nothing wrong with that.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #264 on: February 04, 2013, 07:43:01 PM »
Etrian 3 is about a great tree too. Dunno as much about 1 and 4.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #265 on: February 04, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »
A great tree in an RPG? Sounds horribly clich?.

...Which is something I absolutely love.  :*

Parallaxal

« Reply #266 on: February 04, 2013, 09:57:49 PM »
Etrian 3 is about a great tree too. Dunno as much about 1 and 4.

Every EO game had a great tree named Yggdrasil in it, but EO2 had pretty much the entire game take place in the tree itself (except the 5th stratum, but that's a spoiler like always). Thus, it's what I think of first and foremost when I think of a great tree dungeon game.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »
Alright, so I beat Yuyuko! It was a pretty hard battle and I was running on my last bar of characters, but nonetheless satisfactory.
I also managed to get that Siamese fusion of Alice's dolls down.

I really want to beat up some more bosses now, but they seem kind of out of reach. Orin appeared and I chased her about the floor, but examining her boss battle it frankly seems harder than Yuyuko's even discounting all the Knights of the Round. Blech.
The Great Stamp thing can go two ways for me right now: either I try debuffs and it instantly kills everything, or I don't debuff in which case it instantly kills anything not buffed. Even when buffed anything but a tank still dies.
Also found Flandre but I'm not even bothering to try yet.

Looks like it's more exploring 16F for me then

« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »
More screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/mbDuSew.jpg

I think he's talking about Kasen directly below this screenshot, but I'm pretty sure all of these spellcards are Reimu's.

華扇ちゃんのあだ名が淫ピで固定されつつある現状 なぜなのか
if someone wants to decode that. Everything else in the blog post is definitely unrelated.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »
More screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/mbDuSew.jpg

I think he's talking about Kasen directly below this screenshot, but I'm pretty sure all of these spellcards are Reimu's.
I dunno, it might just be graphic showoff with a test party. I wouldn't trust these spellcards belong to anyone actually on the team there. Upper Right looks -very- much like it's Karakasa Surprising Slash (...flash? iunno) when you consider there's more lasers in the other direction in the backround. Bottom left is full of cherry blossoms so it's likely a Yuyuko skill. Upper left could maybe be Slash of Eternity but apart from the first two skills I mentioned the rest could be anything.

Edit:Actually I guess the upper right might be... what was Keine's Last Word? Emperor of the East?

In any case, their names are in the screenshots in the upper left. If anyone can either read a lil japanese or hell, just try to match them up with a spellcard moonrune set on the wiki.

edit more:kogasa softconfirmed because that is indeed Karakasa's Surprising Whateveritwas
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:17:19 PM by Serela »