Author Topic: [Art] Heat's Assorted Art  (Read 2379 times)

Heat

• Just realized you need 10 posts to have an avatar
  • I'll get around to it, lol
    • My devArt
[Art] Heat's Assorted Art
« on: February 17, 2010, 11:58:31 PM »
I haven't posted anything yet, so I was thinking I'd just dump in the general Touhou art thread... and then I was looking through my photobucket and couldn't decide which one I wanted to post, so I figured I'd make it easier on myself and just post stuff here from now on. I'll try and give a little bit of context on the things I link. Right now I'm dumping from oldest to newest. Thanks in advance to anyone who looks, comments and critiques appreciated.

For the record, I'm thumbnailing what I can and linking what is too many KBs.

This set of 4 were part of a project over the summer where I first tried to get into drawing Touhou by glancing over general pics and then trying to draw the character from memory. Obviously, as a result a lot of details may be off. It was also a bit of an exercise in posing. One of my major goals was to keep going until I had a complete picture rather than stop partway because it looked wanky, because I wanted to practice my shading too.

Following those, you can assume the rest of these were drawn during one of my classes on whatever I was taking notes on. Of course, that means they were all drawn by memory :P

Pretty okay Wriggle.

<3 Kanako, but darn if I didn't enforce the old-lady type by making her look like she has back problems.

Beginning a recent trend where my characters kind of stand there and look lanky.

Dull pencil.

Gpop

Re: [Art] Heat's Assorted Art
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 12:05:47 AM »
At first I thought that was Koishi in the last image there in the top left corner, but then I realized that the hat had peaches on them =(

Regardless, that's some pretty kickass art there. Hope to see some more from you!

Heat

• My devArt
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:32:35 AM »
Thanks. I've actually never drawn Koishi before and from the looks of the Random Images topic the net is already saturated with her anyway but then again I haven't drawn most Touhou characters yet. Hopefully I'll get around to it sometime in the near future, since she's a pretty cool character.

Really, who I'm drawing is more often influenced by whim and who I can (try to) remember the appearance of. XD

Heat

• My devArt
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 03:00:38 AM »
Posting up some sketches I just remembered doing in the topic I just remembered making. No reference for any of it, since it was done in class. :V

Good on anyone who manages to catch the preposterously obscure reference in the last one.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 08:31:17 AM »
I think you probably need to work more on the face, all the characters have rather... long faces. just a comment.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?