Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 114531 times)

Kabuto

• Kabuto
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #540 on: July 17, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »
Gone for real this time.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #541 on: July 17, 2011, 08:57:13 PM »
Also!
If you were just worried about an insane cop, you probably wouldn't have thrown in your targetting.
I forgot to reply to this. I claimed my N1 target because it seemed like a convenient time to tell town about the potential Hijacker. I didn't want to claim being hijacked at the start of the day because that would confirm to scum that they hit somebody with an active night action (that, and I thought there might have been some really weird town redirecting role doing something, since my D1 play didn't exactly fit a threatening power role's). Since I ended up having to reveal my role anyway, I didn't have to worry about that anymore.

I think the way I went about talking about my target in my claimpost makes it fairly evident that I wanted to get the possibility of a hijacker out there, rather than that I thought I was tracked. Note how a third or so of the post was basically me pondering over why I got redirected.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #542 on: July 17, 2011, 09:13:37 PM »
Moonin has been prodded.

How deadline will be affected by the recent prods will be determined by Bardiche. But keep in mind it probably will be affected.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #543 on: July 17, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »
Bard is cute.

I'm going to go ahead and stick with the theory that since Iffritas is town without role shenanigans, and since Miya is scum barring role shenanigans, then, not taking role shenanigans into account, Iffritas is town and Miya is scum.

Q.E.D.

Cut: I'd like to know what the case on me is, as well. I trust UK's gut on this.

The Case on Miya is actually very insightful. It explains a lot behind the bad feeling I have behind her playstyle.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #544 on: July 17, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
Bleh, this is the second time in a row that I've been prodded while I was making a post. Should I just ask for a 30 hour prod time?
Regardless, rereading through the Miya-call out and the Iffritas' fullclaim, I don't really see how iffritas would be lying about her role. A lot of Iffritas' fumbling around, and the amount of detail she gives, I'm incline to thinking that she's telling the truth, as disjointing and strange as that truth is. Meanwhile Miya doesn't even vote despite strong scum suspicion, then waits for a day for everyone else to make the case on Iffritas. Even with my schedual, if I had role information that strongly implied someone was scum, I'd be spending a lot more time here, ISOing that person and yelling my case up and down the street. One's point that Miya has completely dropped him and voted Just, without even following up on her case on One helps prove the idea that Miya doesn't really care about lynching scum.

At this point, I realize that it sounds like I'm just using everyone else's insights to add to my own confirmation bias. I don't like halfassing posts like this, but I really don't see how anyone's going to pull out any magic insights from the Just wagon that don't involve this Miya Vs. Iffritas case today.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #545 on: July 17, 2011, 09:57:01 PM »
There's nothing to say about Miya that hasn't been said yet because she refuses to play with us~ This day is getting stale.

So, an ultimatum. If Miya doesn't post within the hour, I'll vig her when I get back. The "Bard is cute" thing was a bluff to get her to post, but it looks like she's happy with lurking into oblivion so Bard will take more hours off our playtime.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #546 on: July 17, 2011, 09:58:10 PM »
Eh, make that three hours.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #547 on: July 17, 2011, 09:59:28 PM »
The "Bard is cute" thing was a bluff to get her to post, but it looks like she's happy with lurking into oblivion so Bard will take more hours off our playtime.
I still like my theory that she was pushing off posting "Bard is cute" as long as possible to see if she could force you to waste your dayvig on me, since for all she knew, she would not be a viable target if she never said the magic words.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #548 on: July 17, 2011, 10:06:18 PM »
I admit that Miya's lurking is sad and I would not have my feelings hurt if she ate a bullet. My gut says Iffrita is the droid we're looking for, but I'll admit the facts can point towards Miya being scum on general behavior.

Miya, if you are at all town, FUCKING POST ALREADY. First, tell us why the hell you AREN'T posting. As clearly as possible. If you have to unmask yourself, so fucking be it. You're pretty much dead unless you have some damn good showing coming up. If you're scum just keep lurking so you DIE.

Moonin, have you posted your thoughts on anyone besides Miya and Iffrita? I'd be interested in who you suspect besides them.

I will say that what I got from Iffrita's claim post was that she expected she was in trouble for targetting me, even if a redirector was supposedly involved.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #549 on: July 17, 2011, 10:09:33 PM »
Given what a lurkfest this has become, I suppose I better do my reread in full. I don't plan to do my point by point thing, just try to post a concise set of conclusions. I'll post all my thoughts when I'm done. Should take about an hour.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #550 on: July 17, 2011, 10:21:59 PM »
Might as well ask for a fullclaim from Miya as well. Miya, fullclaim and post.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #551 on: July 17, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »
Votecount the HAHAHA TONIGHT WENT WELL

Miya (4): One, Book of the Past, Iffrita, Moonin
Iffrita (4): Yuan, Navarus, Miya, Depore, Mala
Xix (1): Orwen

Moonin (0): Mala
Depore (0): Iffrita
Orwen (0): Mikhail
Mala (0): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past

Not Voting: Navarus, Xix

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 19 15 hours and 40 minutes until Night 2.
I am in an extremely pleasant mood tonight, so I'll only dock four hours for the two prods that have been sent out. I will remind players incapacitated by illness, parental units and a giant monster prowling the streets to send the mods a PM so we can be appropriately made aware of the situation. Doing so may actually absolve you of being prodded once, so it is probably A Good Idea. Unless you like short days.

Mod Note: Despite it not being mentioned in the initial rules, quoting the mod is a big no-no unless specifically permitted by the mod. In this case, any PMs sent forth by the mod may not be quoted unless the mod in question specifically permitted it.

Mod Answer: LyLo, MyLo will be announced. Potential LyLo/MyLo will not be. In a LyLo situation, it is guaranteed that lynching a Town-aligned player will end the game in favour of a non-Town-aligned team or entity. It is guaranteed that in MyLo, the same situation as LyLo applies, but not lynching is guaranteed to permit Town another Day.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:33:58 PM by Bardiche »

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #552 on: July 17, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
Iffrita (3): Yuan, Navarus, Miya, Depore, Mala
Shouldn't that be four votes, not three?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #553 on: July 17, 2011, 10:28:36 PM »
Argh...I'm literally having no luck rereading this game unbiasedly. I'm just going to state now it's Yuan/Orwen/Iffrita. You can shoot Miya if you want, but I'd vastly prefer it if you just shot Iffrita. Much as I DESPISE Miya's LOL I'M GOING TO LURK AT A CRITICAL FUCKING MOMENT BECAUSE I'M AWESOME behavior, I don't feel she's scum. I'll continue rereading, but odds are it will be confirmation biasy cases on the three I named. And you know what? I don't think I actually care anymore. Even if I'm confirmation biasy, the scummy stuff will still be there for you all to analyze, so I might as well make it easy for you to find.

For now, the cases on all three are GUT =D!

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #554 on: July 17, 2011, 10:32:29 PM »
EBWOP: I know I said earlier Yuan can't be scum with Iffrita. I'm going back on that. I may flop again as I reread. What are you gonna do about it?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #555 on: July 17, 2011, 10:47:08 PM »
Fuck, I have to go out shopping since my dad fucking slept all day. GO DAD, WAY TO BE A FAILURE.

I really hate interrupting my train of thought like this.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #556 on: July 17, 2011, 11:01:36 PM »
To be honest, I ... really don't have anything. My most suspicious targets outside of Miya are Xix, Depore, Orwen, and maybe Mala and Mikhail. This list is one part process of elimination, and three parts gut, but if you need a list to double check who I plan on rereading after the flip, here it is.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #557 on: July 17, 2011, 11:16:58 PM »
@Depore: The big problem with your math is it would require us to let someone who had been rather scummy acting to live to lylo. That would be incredibly foolish. Letting her "prove her claim" would have been ludicrous, since even the proof of the claim would have put us in a situation where we had left a possible scum alive to lylo, AND to control a vote. That was simply unacceptable. (Though it turns out that she just moved a vote at the start of the day, it didn't actually *stick*. That wasn't exactly clear though, now was it?)

@Navarus: I don't think it would have been "incredibly fooliosh" to let Just live at least one or two more days because I think the Just wagon itself was "incredibly foolish" and that people probably would have noticed this by now if today didn't quickly become focused on the family infighting. Have you gone back over it yourself? Miya has the only really passable reasoning for her vote and even then the timing of her delayed switch is pretty opportunistic.

- As near as I can tell you yourself admitted your vote had no logical backing, only gut feeling.
- One and Oldepore appear to cast votes in the name of newbie OMGUS and in Oldepore's case at least it seems to be paired with a side of not reading Just's posts properly.
- Mala says he "does not bother to put any further effort into his One case" despite the fact that he re-established and updated it here, then follows up by admitting his later posts have been solid but 'stars tell me that Just is likely to be scum'. Really? This is acceptable? It's basically more gut, except trying to hide the gut behind flavor.
- And then there's Orwen's switch which is based on reasoning that wasn't applicable to Just's claim, which I've already mentioned.

Of course, this is another reasonable concern, and it's yet another reasonable concern Orwen didn't express, either at the time or at any point today since I first pointed all this out despite the fact that he's posted a couple of times since then. (For all that this seems like preaching to the choir given Orwen is one of your three picks.) STOP IGNORING ME ORWEN ;_;

@Iffrita: I realize proactive vs. reactive makes sense given she came out first, but it still feels to me like you've been playing today with the mindset of trying to make people happy, as well as a bit of damage control which I believe others have pointed out already. Obviously defenses against accusations are going to be naturally supportive of oneself but even then there's still a tone of appeasment and putting out fires.

The case against Miya's Day 1 doesn't do a whole lot to pursuade me because honestly I'd be firmly in your camp if we just ignored Day 2 altogether.  :V

Miya's prolonged absence has not gone unnoticed here, by the way.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #558 on: July 17, 2011, 11:17:24 PM »
Oh shoot I meant to delete that quote out because i only had it in there for handy reference. OH WELL

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #559 on: July 17, 2011, 11:19:44 PM »
Oh! It's actually good I left it in there because I forgot to address the role thing at the end.

Even with the non-stick mechanic of the vote ScumJust still could have used it to rush with buddies. Unless it has to be used at Hour 0 of the day, I guess, but that seems kind of completey worthless as a power.

But this is all discussing details that detract from the overall point that Orwen paid no attention to Just's justification for their claim and instead slapping down faulty reasoning for disagreeing with it.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #560 on: July 18, 2011, 12:01:58 AM »
Ok so you want my explaination for lurking like a mofo.  I got food poisoning!  I was incapacitated last night, all of this morning and this afternoon wasn't a joyride either. 
So I'm not just playing this, "Imma lurk oh ho ho!" or, "I'll just lurk and hold off saying "Bard is cute" bwa ha ha!" I would like anything but that since this is such a critical time for me to be active as a claimed power role vs. scum.

So if you would be generous enough to give me a few more hours. (1 or 2) I can post and respond to everything, I just want to let you all see this.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #561 on: July 18, 2011, 12:24:03 AM »
Depore: You know what letting him live one or two more days would have done? PROVED THAT HE COULD MOVE VOTES. That doesn't mean shit, and in fact if we're going to game things, vote moving is actually a kind of scummy power! But powers aren't related to alignment so basically whatever argument you're having falls apart. It wouldn't have proven that he was unable to move them in LYLO, which is about the ONLY way his power would have been PROVABLY not a scum power. And I'm pretty sure he said that sooooooooo

@Miya: Thank you, that was helpful to hear. How well are you feeling now?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #562 on: July 18, 2011, 12:24:32 AM »
Oh for Chrissake Miya. You had better respond to everything ASAP. There's only about 13 hours left till deadline. It's a good thing Bard seems to corroborate your story.

I suppose I'll go reread Iffrita again.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #563 on: July 18, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »
Incidentally, Book, with Miya's reasonable explanation for her absence, I'd appreciate it if you started shooting Iffrita soon.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #564 on: July 18, 2011, 12:26:22 AM »
EBWOP: You cut me as I posted that. Sure, reread her, that'd probably be best. But I feel *significantly* better about both my logic and my gut for Iffrita scum.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #565 on: July 18, 2011, 12:27:01 AM »
Should I go ahead and do it? I'll admit Iffrita is shady enough to take a vig in the face, and I wouldn't mind vigging her in about half an hour.

Cut: Yeah.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #566 on: July 18, 2011, 12:29:50 AM »
If you're going to shoot her in a half hour, I'm not going to finish my reread until I have her flip. It'd be wasteful to come to conclusions with my current strong biases only to find out one of my assumptions was completely wrong. Though so far I don't have too much that's connected, which is good since calling an entire scum team D2 with no mafia lynch is kind of awful unless it's purely individual tells

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #567 on: July 18, 2011, 12:30:38 AM »
@Moonin #556: Hate. I am retracting all offers to assist with my divination from you. I want to see your lynch tomorrow. My #262 still has not been addressed. My #471 has not been addressed. His entire activity through Day 2 has been... What was his activity? He claimed neighbourizer out of the blue. In his #458 he votes for Princess Miya due to her jumping onto the Just wagon and Conspiracy Theories: The Role Madness Edition. He follows this up with his #543 where he states that Princess Miya looks scummy and that Empress Iffrita looks townie if you don't take role shenanigans into account. THEN WHAT ARE YOU USING FOR YOUR BASIS? His next post #544 contains his case on Princess Miya which looks like it's copied from everybody else. This is because it is and he admits so himself. You say that you're unable to pull any magical insights on Princess Miya YET YOU CLAIMED THAT YOUR CASE ON HER REVOLVED AROUND EVERYTHING THAT WASN'T ROLES. EVERYTHING YOU SAID IN #544 WAS OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS ON THE CLAIMS. Why do you have a town read on Empress Iffrita? Why do you have a scum read on Princess Miya? Why do you find Xix suspicious? Why do you find Depore suspicious? Why do you find Sage Orwen suspicious? Why do you find me suspicious? Why do you find Mikhael suspicious?  Why have you gone from giving Xix a pass (#104) to finding him suspicious again? Why have I dropped from being one of your three top suspicions (#296) to only maybe scummy? Why has One dropped completely from your suspicions? What happened to the suspicions of One that you were BEGINNING to regain?
I am in support of Empress Iffrita being shot. Should I bother addressing her #433 or wait until she has been shot to do so? And perhaps we can lynch Moonin afterwards?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #568 on: July 18, 2011, 12:32:09 AM »
The only problem with Iffrita scum is that it basically shreds all my reads to pieces. Anyway, lemme get back on this.

Cut by Mala, yeah, go ahead and address whatever that is.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #569 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:42 AM »
We'll be lynching Yuan or Orwen after Iffrita scum flips. I have the most AWESOME CASE on Orwen coming, and I'm sure you all will be satisfied with my conclusion =3. I'll admit that I'm less sure on Yuan if Iffrita flips scum because I do remember which interactions caused me to consider it unlikely. I'll need to reexamine them.