Author Topic: [Chronicles of Razu Teionhakushi] Human-Machine in Foreign Lands  (Read 14706 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Human-Machine in Foreign Lands
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 12:31:49 AM »
This is really good ^_^ I can't really think of anything to say beyond that.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 08:20:25 AM »
Sibling rivalry of the highest order o.O

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
  • The Crimson Digital and Audial Enigma
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »
CHAPTER 21 // Auditory Assault

Rizu had me by the shirt collar.  In her other hand she had something.

"I'm gonna finish you right here, Brother!!"  She was gathering magic energy.  The object in her hand was a spellcard.

"Audio Sign: 'Empithree'!"

Rizu threw me across, and sent a bass wave from the ground, that struck me and sent me into the air.  I recovered quickly and pulled a spellcard of my own.  Marisa got up and stood beside me, drawing a spellcard of her own.

"You expect me to just watch, ze?"  She grinned.  "We can take her down, together!"

I smiled, and then focused on Rizu.  I looked at the card I drew.

"Carbon-Fibre Blade: 'Ethereal Edge'!"

I pulled up a mass of concrete from under the wood floor, and shifted its carbon matter into a blade.  I rushed at Rizu while Marisa stood ready to follow up.

I jumped up, and swung down at Rizu.  She sidestepped at just the right moment to avoid it.  Ethereal Edge stuck into the floor.  Marisa declared her spell.

"Love Sign: 'Nondirectional Laser'!"

I was used to Marisa firing one large rainbow blast out of her hand, but this time, she spawned up six orbs of magical energy, that each fired straight forward.  Rizu was paying attention, and was able to dodge before the attack actually fired.  But the spell wasn't done.  The orbs started rotating, and the beams expanded outward from each other.  Rizu didn't expect this, and ended up taking three or four lasers before the force knocked her down.  The beams kept going, and the attack was tearing the front end of my house apart.

"For the love of Christ, Marisa!!  Couldn't you have used something else!?"

The lasers faded out as the spell wore off.  There was a large shredded-open hole where the front of my house used to be.  Marisa scratched the back of her head.  "Sorry, ze!"  I sighed heavily, and pulled Ethereal Edge from the floor.

Rizu put her hand to her forehead and looked at it, to check if she was bleeding.  She looked at Marisa.  "Well, if you don't want your house destroyed, Brother, then maybe we should take this outside!"  She pulled another card.

"Audio & Carbon Sign: 'Auditory Assault'!"

A large carbon subwoofer thrusted out from under my floor (destroying yet MORE of my home), in front of Marisa.  Before she could react, the large subwoofer sent a heavy sound pulse that forced Marisa backward and out into the trail in front of the house.  The speaker crumbled and the pieces fell back into the hole in my livingroom floor.

'ALERT: POWER CELL CHARGE IS LOW.'  The notification was blinking on my heads-up display in my left eye.  I haven't had the chance to recharge yet.  I had been too busy with repairing myself.  And I couldn't do it right then, because of Rizu.  I can't let her know that I'm weak, or else she will destroy me.  The alert kept beeping faintly in my head.  'Shut up!' I yelled in my mind.

Marisa had already recovered from the last attack.  Rizu was reaching for her spellcards.  She wasn't watching me, so I went in for a strike with the sword.  She heard me approach, and moved just forward enough for the blade to barely cut her in the back.  She stumbled forward and fell to her hands and knees.

I rushed to Marisa's side, holding Ethereal Edge at the ready, while Marisa grabbed a spellcard.  She looked at it, then nudged me.  She showed me the card.  It looked different from any spellcard I had seen before.  She asked me if I was up for it.  I nodded.

As Rizu was standing back up, I placed my hand on Marisa's card, and we held it together.  Marisa and I stood back to back, both holding the card out toward Rizu.  We both called out the spell together.

"Audible Love: 'Bass Spark'!"

As my right hand and her left hand were holding the card, we clasped my left and her right hand in front of the card.  Then, we held them forward, aiming at Rizu, and fired a large combination of Bass Blast and Master Spark.  The rainbow beam had a red center, that had a white core.  Rizu wasn't ready for the attack, and the beam slammed into her dead-on, engulfing her in a combination of heavy bass pulses and raw magic power.  Trees behind Rizu were taken out completely by the blast.  When the spell had worn off, Rizu was on the ground.

She slowly pushed herself up, and looked at me.  "This...isn't over...not by a long shot..."  She pulled a spellcard, and held it between her palm and the dirt.

"Pulsation Propulsion!"

She unleashed a heavy bass pulse into the ground, pushing her into the air, and at the same time kicking up dust from the ground.  Once the dust had settled, she had already flown out of view.

"Gotta make more of those, ze!  That was awesome!"  Marisa was in celebration.  "We totally kicked her ass!"

"Yeah.  Guess we really showed..."  My eye's display simply cut off.  I fell unconscious while standing.  My energy had run out.  My seemingly lifeless body fell to its knees, then to its face.

Marisa's voice was calling out to me, fading away as I slipped into darkness.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 08:57:52 PM »
Sorry, I'm so behind schedule!!  D:

CHAPTER 22 // Aftermath

I woke up on the recharging station.  Marisa had apparently carried me onto the platform and had connected me to it.  The first thing I saw after waking up was a very worried Marisa sitting in a chair right next to the platform.  She saw that I was awake, and hugged me.

I reached out and held her hand.

// // // // //

I looked at her.  "Do you want to hear about how I got to Gensokyo?"  Marisa nodded.

"Well, after the explosion..."

// // // // //

I wandered in pain for miles, using the metal rod that I removed from my leg as a walking stick, until I found somewhere that I could settle for a moment; the place looked like it used to be a Best Buy or something.  I was able to salvage parts from busted electronics, and build parts to replace those that I lost.  They weren't much, but they would sustain me until I could find a medical center and have the shrapnel removed from my body.  I'll spare you the details of amateur surgery...

Once everything was in working order, I made my way to the nearest city, and into the nearest hospital.  I had the shrapnel removed, and got better parts to use for my prosthetics.  I had a prosthetic left eye made to look just like my old one.  When my name was asked, I made one up.

I went back to the old city.  I was going to gather whatever of my belongings had survived, and leave.  When I arrived at what remained of my house, I started putting things in boxes.  It's a miracle that half of these things even survived the blast.  I gathered all the tech I could, disassembling the android recharging station and field generator side projects I had been working on.  My computer was in enough of a working condition to pack up as well.

I had to dolly all my boxes.  I made my way to the subway station.  This particular station was on an intercity railway.  I planned on taking the first train to arrive.

I waited for about ten minutes, before seeing lights in the tunnel.  Once the train arrived, I boarded, wheeling the dolly onto the train.  I looked around to find nobody on this particular train.  I found it a little strange, but I stayed on.  This train was still heading away from here.

The train looked old and rusted, as if it were a ghost train on an obsolete line.  There was no destination announcement, nor a marquee sign stating where the train was to stop next.  I sat in a seat and watched the tunnels rush past the car.

Suddenly, there was a light at the end of the tunnel.  It quickly approached, suddenly blinding me with the sun's light.  The tunnel abruptly ended, and the train ran out of rail and was suddenly sent careening into an open field.  I fell from my seat, and held onto the wall as I stood back up.  I looked out the window.  The train was freely plowing across the field, shaving away grass and dirt.  The train suddenly slammed into something, throwing my boxes all over the floor and sending me head-first into the front window of the passenger car.

I got back to my feet, and tried to open the door.  It was stuck.  I kicked it once, then twice, sending it out into the grass.  I stepped and fell out onto the ground.  The train was tilted, and I didn't know it was a high step.  I looked toward the front of the train.  It had slammed into a tree.  I looked back behind the wreck, to see where the train had skid down the field, from a sort of portal, that had closed the moment I had noticed it.

I could see an old house in the forest, fairly close to the crash site.  I grabbed my things and moved into the empty house.  Using pieces from the train, I was able to make repairs to the house where necessary.

// // // // //

"After a short while, I met you, Marisa."  She smiled.  "And I must say...you're the best 'new neighbour' anyone could ever have."  I smiled back to her.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 02:30:08 PM »
Omg, Yukari strikes again :V

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »
CHAPTER 23 // Lovely Laser, Master Spark!

After resting a bit longer, I sat up on the recharging station.  Marisa had fallen asleep on the nearby couch.

I hopped off the platform and stepped outside, through the large hole that used to be the front section of my house.  "Damn...that's depressing," I said to myself as I looked back at the damage from the outside.

I turned away and walked down the trail, passing by Marisa's place.  I figured I'd go check out the old crash site.

// // // // //

I came out of the forest's northwestern end, then walked northbound along the forest's edge.  Soon, the scrapheap came into view.  Looking at the wreck from the outside, I wondered how anyone--let alone myself--could survive such a crash.  I stepped inside and looked around.  The windows along the sides were cracked all to hell and back, if not completely busted out.  The window of the front of the passenger car had a particular pattern of cracks about it.  I could see the dried blood on the impacted window from where I bashed my head into it.

I stepped out of the train.

"Hey!" someone called out to me in a challenging tone of voice.  I turned around to find someone standing on top of the train.  The figure had green hair and green eyes, and was wearing a red plaid skirt, along with a vest of the same design, on top of a plain white shirt.  She had a white umbrella over her shoulder.

"Uh...hi?"  I didn't know why she was addressing me in such a tone.  Did I do something wrong?

"Is this your train?"

I stood there, thinking.  MY train?  It was simply my unwilling method of entry.  "In a way...I guess.  Why?

"Wanna explain why this train simply plowed through my garden?"  She appeared angry; she glared at me with a look that could burn a hole through a steel wall.  I could detect her pulse and adrenaline levels.  She was pumped for a fight.  Not only that, but I could feel her magic energy.  It was at a level that would rival Flandre's.

"Nothing to say for yourself?  Fine!  I guess the time for talk is over with!"  She pulled out a spellcard.

"Love Sign: 'Master Spark'!"

Master WHAT!?

Thinking quickly, I dove out of the way of the familiar rainbow-coloured laser beam.  The grass where I was standing was now gone, along with parts of the earth underneath.

As I recovered from the dive, I thought to myself.  This person just used Master Spark.  MARISA'S Master Spark.  I wanted answers.

I called out to her; she was still standing on top of the train.  "Who are you, and how did you get Master Spark?"

She gave me a mean look before answering.  "My name is Yuuka Kazami: Flower Master of the Four Seasons.  And I CREATED Master Spark!"

"Created?  So the spell Marisa uses on a regular basis isn't even hers?"  I have no idea why I was surprised at that.  Marisa was a sweet girl, but she had a serious case of sticky fingers.

"If you're talking about that damned black-white witch, she stole that from me.  Come to think of it..."  She paused and put a finger to her lips as she thought briefly.  "The word buzzing around is that you and the black-white are fairly close."

"Maybe we are, and maybe we aren't," I responded.  "What business is that of yours?"

"Because," she answered, "if I kill you, I'll avenge my ruined garden, AND hit that black-white witch where it hurts!"  She jumped from the train and floated some fifteen feet above the ground, and began firing yellow danmaku in my general direction.  I ducked and weaved and threw up small fields where I had to to keep from getting hit.  Damn!  This is the first time I've actually been involved in a danmaku battle.  The thing is, I hadn't learned enough about magic to use danmaku yet, be it however so simple...so all I had was spellcards, force, and my own reflexes.

I lost focus and a bullet broke through one of my fields and caught my stomach, sending me backward, tumbling onto the grass.  I looked up at her, still floating there, seeming displeased.  "Why don't you try fighting back?  Come on...hit me!"

'Hit me'?  Well...she asked for it.

"10,000 Decibels:...!"

"Love Sign:...!"

I anticipated her attack, and prepared to dodge her beam as I fired mine.

"...'Bass Blast'!"

I jumped to the right as I fired.

"...'Dual Spark'!"

DUAL Spark!?

Yuuka held out both hands and fired two half-sized Master Spark lasers.  The beam on her right caught nothing but dirt.  Her left, however, pummeled me hard.  I met with the ground again.  My beam never even hit her.

She brought herself down, setting foot on the ground by me.  She was pulling out another spellcard.  This was it.  Yuuka was about to Master Spark me into the dirt.

"Stop this now, Yuuka."  An unfamiliar voice suddenly made herself known.

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 12:15:11 AM »
Nice story, I'll be following this.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2010, 09:26:52 PM »
CHAPTER 24 // Corrupted Sister

"I need that particular person alive."

Yuuka prepared to use her spell.  "This does not involve you, Yukari!"

"Stand down, Yuuka!"  The new face spoke sternly.  "Know your place!"  Yuuka looked at her, then me, then back at her.  She put her spellcard back, unused.

I got back to my feet.  "What do you mean, you need me alive?..."  I turned to look at her.  She had long blonde hair and dark golden eyes, and was donning a pink and purple dress.  Her cap had a thin ribbon tied at the front, and she was carrying a pink parasol.  She yawned, as if she had just woke up, despite the fact of it being the later evening.

"Just what are you doing here exactly, Yukari?" asked Yuuka, showing displeasure.  "And what do you mean 'my place'?  What makes you think you have the right to--"

As Yuuka went on, Yukari smiled a slightly menacing smile.  "If you keep on like that, I'll gap you into another dimension."  Yuuka stopped talking and simply stood by.  Yukari turned to me.  "Now then, Razu Teionhakushi."

"You know my name?  Just who are you anyway?"

"Why, I am Yukari Yakumo," she answered confidently, "overseer of the Boundaries of this fine land we call Gensokyo.  And you, Razu Teionhakushi..."  She smiled.  "...are here on my accord, not your own."

"Wait," I interjected, "you brought me here?  So this train--"

"Is my own," she said, finishing my sentence.

Yuuka suddenly felt the need to interrupt.  "YOU'RE responsible for this!?  You ruined my garden!  Do you have any idea of the damage you've done!?"

Yukari shifted to look at her.  "There are more important things at hand here.  If you'd rather fight me about it, we can later."  She had a look about her eyes that said, 'if we fight, count on getting stomped.'  Yuuka read this as well, and took it as a signal to just be quiet.

"Now, then."  She turned to face me once more.  "I brought you here for a reason.  There's something I need you to prevent from happening."

"A sort of incident?  I thought Reimu handled the incidents here."

"She will assist, but you are the key element to our safety."

I was slightly puzzled, but I went along with it.  "Alright.  What exactly am I preventing?"

"Someone is trying to encapsule Gensokyo in eternal darkness."  She paused.  "I don't know who exactly, but your sister is involved."

"Rizu!?"  She nodded.  This didn't make sense.  "But Rizu arrived here because she was following me.  Wouldn't bringing me here have caused such danger?"

"She had been appearing in Gensokyo for about a year before you arrived, but only recently has she become more active."

I remember the battle with Rizu.  She was using spellcards quite well, come to think of it, almost as if she had a considerable amount of time to practice.

"I want you to find out who she is helping.  She's definitely not working alone."  Yukari turned away, and a rip in the empty space in front of her opened.  Without turning, she spoke once more.

"Don't fail.  Gensokyo is depending on you."  With that, she stepped into the void, which closed and vanished soon after.

I stood there, lost in thought.  Yuuka muttered something under her breath, and left as well.  I was left at the train.  About twenty minutes passed as I thought about the situation.  I decided to head back home.

// // // // //

It became dark as I walked down the familiar path through the forest.  Other than the crickets and the close-by fairies randomly flying about, beating their small wings as they fluttered by, it was quiet.  But I felt like there was something, or someone else out there...

// // // // //

I stopped walking once I was by Marisa's shop.  The lights were on.  I guess she left my place and came here.  I figured I'd step inside and explain the situation to her.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
CHAPTER 25 // Blackening Sky

"You met Yuuka?  And Yukari?  And Yukari said what?"

Marisa was confused.  I had done my best to explain what Yukari had told me.

"Well, if what Yukari said is true, then Rizu will definitely show up again."

Marisa looked at the grandfather clock.  "Well, I suppose we should turn in for the night, ze," she said.

I turned toward the door to walk home.

"Where are you going, ze?"

"I'm going home to sleep, why?"

"Raz, your house has a huge hole in it.  I can't let you sleep there, ze!"

I found myself turning a slight red.  Marisa was a kind girl.  Of course she would open up her home to me.  I took her up on her offer and slept at the Magic Shop.

// // // // //

The next day, as Marisa and I walked down the trail heading to Reimu's (we decided to walk this time), I thought more and more about Rizu's involvement in this whole incident.  Why would she be so influenced?  Rizu used to be different.  She used to be so...ordinary.

It was then that I remembered how strangely she was acting around the time before the accident.  She began to keep more and more to herself, and she would run off a lot.  That's right, Yukari said she had been appearing in Gensokyo before my arrival.

I guess now she is here full-time.

"Raz, ze?"  Marisa looked at me inquisitively.

"Oh, sorry.  I was thinking."

// // // // //

After a long walk from the forest, we arrived at the stone steps leading up to the shrine.  There were a lot of steps.  Walking was nice, but...  Marisa and I looked at each other, as if to say 'screw that,' and we simply flew up to the shrine.

Reimu was sweeping cherry blossom petals from the stone walkway when we landed.

"Oh, Marisa, Raz!  Good to see you."

"Heya Reimu.  Got any food for us, ze?"

"You expect food to be ready and waiting for you even though I had no idea you were coming?"

I interrupted.  "Food can wait.  Reimu, has Yukari visited you?"

"Not yet, why?"

"I have to explain something to you."

// // // // //

"What!?"

"Yeah, so you see, I need to find my sister."

Reimu looked worried.  "I'm sorry, but I've yet to meet your sister.  But, I suppose I can help you look for her.  What does she look like?"  I described Rizu to her.  "I haven't seen her before.  Want to start searching after we eat?  I don't mind cooking for three."

// // // // //

After eating a quick meal, we all set out to search.  It was about 3:30 in the afternoon when we flew off from the shrine courtyard.

As we flew, Marisa was cleaning the little octagonal-shaped box she used to help us escape the cell in the basement of the Scarlet Devil Mansion awhile back.  Reimu was counting her talismans and checking through her spellcards.  I was preparing mentally.  Once we got above the Forest of Magic, we split up.

After four hours of searching, we regrouped, having found nothing.  The sun had set, and I'd be the only one able to search efficiently at night.  We decided to head back to Hakurei Shrine.

It was around 7 PM, and already dark, once we arrived.  We landed, and headed towards the entrance.

"Stop right there."

All three of us stopped, turned around, and looked up.

Reimu and Marisa knew the short, bat-winged, blue-haired girl flying above.  "Remilia?"  And next to her, was the little blond vampire, Flandre...only this time, she only had one prism-laden iron wing.

"Yes," said Remilia.  She pointed to Marisa.  "You were in my mansion again recently.  You and your red-black friend there--" she pointed to me-- "caused a bit of a mess in my home.  You attacked my tutor, wounded my maid, and nearly killed my sister."

"Yeah, that hurt!" said Flandre, arms straight down and fists tightened.

Remilia continued.  "You two will answer for your deeds.  And Reimu," she pointed at her, "This is my revenge toward you for the events of that summer."

A well of darkness was appearing above the Scarlet sisters.  Don't tell me Rumia is here, too...  The dark mist faded away, and revealed...Rizu!?

Marisa and Reimu were getting ready for the inevitable battle.  I stood front-center, looking at Rizu.  I wanted to ask, 'why does it have to be like this?' but I knew she wouldn't answer me.

"Remilia, Flandre," she told them, "kill these three, and I will make the skies of Gensokyo black for all eternity!"

"Finally..." Remilia said as she bared her fangs, "...freedom."  Remilia and Flandre both swooped down at us, as Rizu hovered above, like a pretend princess, watching her subjects dance like puppets.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010, 11:09:58 PM »
CHAPTER 26 // Decisions: Part One

Remilia went for Reimu.

Flandre went for Marisa.

Rizu stayed there, floating, giving me a wicked grin.  It pissed me off.  Instead of waiting for her, I pulled a spellcard and jumped up at her.  I held the spellcard flat in the palm of my right hand, as the momentum of that hand kept the card, as I motioned as if to attempt to palm her in the face.

"10,000 Decibels: 'Bass--'"

She quickly swatted my hand away with her left forearm, then kicked me in the stomach, sending me back a few feet.  My spellcard sailed into the air.

"Raz!"  Marisa saw me, when she should have been focusing on Flandre.  'Damn her,' I thought to myself, 'she's going to get killed that way!'  Marisa started to come up and assist me, but Flandre blocked her way.

"Can't you see that the red-black and Rizu are playing?  Don't interrupt!"  She pulled her spellcard, and declared.

"Taboo: 'L?vateinn'!"

The staff materialized from the card, and Flandre swung hard at Marisa.  Marisa held up her broom in defense.

Reimu was watching Remilia, waiting for her first move.  Before too long, Remilia made a quick dash for Reimu--and when I say fast, I mean lightning fast.  Remilia seemingly teleported and appeared just behind Reimu, and just as Reimu noticed where she was, Remilia struck her in the shoulder with her wing.

My spellcard was still imbued with magical energy from my body.  As it sailed by, I threw both my hands at it while it was in midair, and aimed it at Rizu.

"'...Blast'!"

The small delay in declaration caused an extra collection of energy just before firing, causing Bass Blast to be a bit bigger than usual.  The giant crimson beam would have dealt some serious damage...if Rizu hadn't grazed past it.  Marisa turned and saw the beam coming, and quickly moved herself out of the way.  Flandre wasn't quick enough to react, and took full damage from the blast, as it sent her through the walkway of the shrine courtyard.

Marisa looked at Flandre, then back at me.  "Be careful with that, ze!  Coulda blasted me straight to the moon!"  Flandre was already recovering from her meeting with the dirt.  She looked up at me.

"Why, you...!"  She got up from her crater, and dashed up at me at high speed.  Seeing as Flandre dropped Marisa and started to attack me, Marisa focused on Rizu.

Marisa took a spellcard in one hand, and her broom in the other, holding the broom handle up toward Rizu while angling the brush end at the ground.  She then held the card against the broom handle while holding onto the broom with both hands.

"Star Sign: 'Escape Velocity'!"

Marisa held onto the broom as it pulls her quickly toward Rizu, who had just noticed her.  Rizu held her hand out and forced-manipulated the broom to a midair stop, sending Marisa over the front of the broom's handle, leaving her holding onto the broom handle to keep from falling.

Meanwhile, Flandre was charging at me, L?vateinn in her hand.  She swung it at me as hard as she could, but I quickly dodged it, then force-manipulated L?vateinn itself out of her hands.  "No, no, NO!  L?vateinn is MINE, not yours!  Give it BACK!"  She threw up her hand, and captured my body's center of mass into her hand.  I could feel my torso become slightly constricted.

"I don't think so!"  I manipulated L?vateinn into a spin, and sent it towards her, it appearing to become like a flaming circular sawblade as it closed in on Flandre.  She was unable to avoid L?vateinn hitting her, which did cause her to release her hold on my body's center of mass.  "Now stay down, or I'll rip out your OTHER wing!"

Reimu had been knocked down by Remilia's previous blow to her shoulder.  Reimu soon got back up to her feet, holding her shoulder.  She looked over to the shrine wall, to see her gohei leaning up against it.  She reached for it, and held it up in defense.  Remilia pulled a spellcard, looked at it, then looked up at Reimu.  She smirked.  "Let's make this quick, shall we?"

"Divine Spear: 'Spear the Gungnir'!"

Remilia held the card up as it glowed red, then the magical energy collected spanned into a large energy spear.  She pulled back, and threw Gungnir at Reimu.  Reimu jumped left, managing to escape the blunt of the attack, but the shock sent her into a flip, as she landed on her back.

Marisa was still hanging onto her broom, which was suspended in the air by Rizu's force.  Rizu revealed a spellcard.  "Brother!"  I looked up to her.  "Stop me if you know this one!"  I saw the card.

"Force: 'Electromagnet's Polarity'!"

I wasn't sure what she was about to do, or how she managed to get that card, but I didn't wanna stand there and watch.  I flew up toward her, but stopped short when she force-manipulated Marisa directly, releasing her broom and letting it fall to the ground, breaking it in two.

She tightened her grip on Marisa.  "Don't come any closer, or I'll KILL your girlfriend!"

What she was doing right then infuriated me.  Attacking me is one thing, but I won't have her threatening to kill Marisa.  That was it.  My little sister Rizu had to die!

I pulled the same spellcard.

"Force: 'Electromagnet's Polarity'!"

I took control of Rizu's head, and tightened my grip a little to get her attention.  She looked at me, wide-eyed.  My left eye was glowing bright red.

"Don't you fucking DARE!!!  I will kill you right here and now if you do!!"

If Rizu clenched her fist, Marisa will be crushed.  If I clench mine, Rizu's head will implode.

We were at a stalemate.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
CHAPTER 27 // Decisions: Part Two

Rizu was glaring at me as she kept Marisa suspended in the air.  I stared Rizu down as I kept hold of her head.  Why did things have to be like this!?

"I'm not kidding, Rizu," I angrily said to her, "let Marisa go or I will destroy you!"

She simply smirked.  "Very well.  Kill me.  Kill your little sister!"

I hated her for doing this.  The thought of the current situation made me feel sick; my insides felt like they were twisting and turning and tying into knots.  I wanted to pull my hair out.

I mustered up the strength to speak.  "Sister," I asked, "why are we doing this?  Why do you attack me, Marisa, and my friends?"

She looked surprised at the question, but continued to glare at me.  "Because of what you did back home!  You should know that!"

"Rizu, that was an accident!  It was not within my control!"

"I'm not talking about the explosion!"

That stopped me.  What else could possibly influence her so?

Rizu's glare faded.  She looked down, showing a somewhat sad expression on her face.  "...I was never appreciated in the family.  Father and Mother always talked about how great Razu was, and how Razu was always doing amazing and incredible things."  She paused.  "I wasn't the smart one of the family.  I couldn't accomplish anything.  I couldn't do anything right."

Reimu was on the ground, defending herself against Remilia.  Flandre was struck pretty hard before, and she was still knocked out.  I heard Reimu declare a spellcard, but I wasn't focused enough on her to hear what it was, only hearing the explosions from the colliding attacks that followed.

Rizu continued.  "I attempted to run away one night.  I made my way into the city, where I met this strange young girl.  She told me she could give me power, so that I could become more important...  She transported me to this place, and she told me that she couldn't share her power with me just yet.  She said she would in due time...

"She would bring me back home and back here every so often.  Every time I came back, I felt more and more power circulating through me.  I was soon able to move things without touching them.  One night, when I came back to Gensokyo, the girl showed me something in a book..."

I interrupted.  "Sister...you have to tell me who this girl is...  I can save you from her influence...  We will all help you..."

She bit her lip and looked down.  She appeared as if she was going to break down into tears.  "...Rumia...her name is Rumia."

Marisa and I were startled at this.  I think I even heard Reimu gasp down below.  Rumia!?  The little youkai of darkness that I took down so easily before?

Marisa spoke.  "Rizu, Rumia will trick you into helping her for her own gain!  Once she has what she wants from you, she will cast you aside!  You have to tell me, ze, did you take her ribbon off?"

Rizu looked down, and closed her eyes tightly.  "...Yes."

"Rumia's extra powerful now, ze!  That ribbon was a sealing amulet that impaired her true power!"

"I know!"  She tightened her other fist to keep from tightening the one that was controlling the force that held up Marisa.  "She shared her power of darkness with me, saying that she could help me become happy.  But I'm not happy...  I don't want to kill my brother..."  She began to cry.  "I didn't wanna attack you...I didn't wanna attack your friends...and I didn't wanna destroy our home..."

I was suddenly struck with surprise.  "The explosion wasn't your--"

"It was!"  Rizu yelled at me through her tears.  "I sabotaged the core!  I destroyed our city!  But I'm sorry!  I was under Rumia's influence!..."  She released her hold on Marisa, and she started to fall.  I released Rizu and captured Marisa in a force barrier-bubble.  Her broom was broken, so she couldn't use it to fly.

Rizu was breaking down.  "Rizu, I forgive you.  What happened was not your fault.  Rumia was manipulating you.  This doesn't have to continue..."  Rizu looked at me.  "We can take down Rumia, together.  You, me, Marisa, and Reimu."

Rizu smiles a bit and wiped her tears from her eyes.  Then she directed her attention to Remilia, and Flandre, who was just getting back up.

"Scarlets!" she called out to them.  "I'm dismissing you.  Go back to the mansion!"

Remilia stopped attacking Reimu and looked up at Rizu.  "What?  No way!  I'm finishing this now!"

"Remilia!"  She sternly yelled.  "You are working for ME!  Now do what I said and go home, now!"

Remilia started to say something, but kept quiet.  She turned to Reimu and gave her a deathly glare.  "This is NOT over."  She turned to her sister.  "Flan!  We're going home."  With that, the two vampires took flight.

Rizu, Marisa and I touched down in the courtyard.  Reimu walked over to meet us.  "I heard everything," Reimu said to us.  "Raz, do you have a plan?"

"Not completely," I responded, "but Rumia doesn't know that Rizu traded sides yet.  We can use this to our advantage."

"Um, Brother?  I have to tell you something else."  I turned to her.  "Meet me at the Magic Shop in an hour, and I'll explain..."

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »
Note from Raz: Holy crap, I'm alive again after two long months of silence.  Sorry to keep you waiting!

CHAPTER 28 // The Family Gift

We had arrived at Marisa's place.  Marisa opened the door and welcomed us in.  Her place was in just as much of a mess as it has ever been.

We each cleared some books off of a table, and pulled up some chairs.  The three of us sat down, looking at each other.

Rizu finally started.  "Do you know where your powers come from?"

That seemed like a stupid question.  "Of course," I said.  "My prostheti--"

"Look at me, Brother.  Do I have prosthetics?"  She was right.  Every bit of her was real--the body she was born with.  It was all there.  So the fact that my powers first showed themselves after I had my arm and eye replaced was a coincidence.

...But what about the fact that my abilities surfaced later after that, when I entered Gensokyo?  I took another shot at the question.  "Gensokyo's filled with magical energy.  It's practically in the air."

"Well...yes and no," Rizu replied.  "For the two of us, there's a bit more to it than that."

Marisa and I looked at Rizu.  Neither of us understood.

"Oh!"  Marisa suddenly got up from her chair, and went over to a bookshelf.  (I was surprised that she still had books ON her shelves.  I thought that they were all on the floor, tables, furniture, and pretty much everywhere BUT the shelves.)  She came back with a black book with a red stripe on the spine, and a very familiar symbol on the cover.  Rizu's and my eyes widened.

"Where'd you get that?" she inquired rather aggressively, standing up.

"From Patchy, ze," she answered, as she opened the large book to its inside cover.  Sure enough, the lavender "PK" stamp was very noticeable.  "I asked her once, and she doesn't even know where it came from."  Rizu sat back down.  As she turned to the title page, the emblem is seen again, as well as a title.  "History of Teionhakushi."

Marisa looked at Rizu, then at me.  "I noticed this before, and I was going to tell you, Raz...but so much has been going on lately."

"It's alright," I said to her.

Rizu took the book, and flipped through it, until she found what she was about to say.  "Look here."

I read the paragraph she had pointed out.

'The first to exhibit these abilities were the children of Xeno Teionhakushi--Ruri, Lulu, and Haiteku Teionhakushi.  It has been said that Xeno used to experiment with combinations of magic and alchemy, that seemed to have a lasting effect in his DNA.  A chemical imbalance in the body results in the ability to manipulate carbon atoms at will, as well as enhance audio-based abilities and weapons.  Another result of this imbalance (which has been found to be a combination of an alchemic reaction and magical energy within the body) is the deformity in the left eye, which appears as a three-part circle, with a prong on each part and a smaller circle in the center.'

"It goes on to say that the powers begin to be usable, starting at a certain age," Rizu said.  "The only reason I got mine so quickly was because Gensokyo's magic-filled atmosphere hastened the process."  That made sense.

But wouldn't this mean that I would be able to manipulate sound at will?  Or just that I'd be attuned to sound more than any other element?  I'd have to study this while I was alone.

// // // // //

Rizu, Marisa, and I began talking about the final battle with Rumia.  We had decided to let Rizu take us to her.  Afterward, Marisa started restocking our spellcards, and we started making final preparations.  It's high time that we closed this out.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »
CHAPTER 29 // Black Dawn: Part One

Once our spellcards were restocked, Rizu, Marisa, and I set out to visit Reimu.  Once we had explained the plan to her, Rizu led the way to where we would find Rumia.

"Be sure to stay out of sight when we get close," Rizu told us.  "I'll keep the area around you shrouded so she won't be able to see you."

// // // // //

Rizu led us to a dense area of trees in the forest.  She asked us to stay close to a tree, as she put up a shroud of darkness around us.

Rumia was just ahead.  It was hard to see through the dark cloud hiding Reimu, Marisa, and I, but I could see her with the help of my left eye.

She appeared taller.  Her blonde hair, no longer bound by the red ribbon, appeared to be a bit longer.  That's when I remembered what Marisa said.  The ribbon tied to her hair was a sealing amulet that restricted her power.  She was a minor nuisance before, but now that the ribbon's gone, I felt like I was going to have my hands full.

At least I had my friends and my sister to help.  At least I was not alone.

Rizu made her presence known to Rumia.

"Did you take care of our problem?"

"Yes.  As requested, the shrine maiden and her magician friend have been eliminated."

"...And your brother?"

Rizu's eyes shifted slightly.  "...Yes.  He will no longer be a problem."

Rumia stood there for a moment, silent.  It seemed like a very long moment, despite the fact that it was probably only a few seconds.  Then, Rumia threw her hand up and grabbed Rizu by the throat.

"You're lying!" Rumia exclaimed, showing a sudden obvious anger.  She picked Rizu up by the throat and threw her.  I heard the impact, as well as Rizu crying out in pain as she slammed her back into the tree.  "Remilia has already informed me of your betrayal!"  I saw Remilia appear from the trees.  She had been there the entire time.  Flandre was with her.

Remilia stood over Rizu as she layed against the tree.  "You're so foolish," she said.  "Why on earth would I continue to side with you if you were going to go back on our deal?  Rumia will succeed in blacking out Gensokyo's sky.  Flandre and I will be free to roam Gensokyo forever...and you're not going to be around to change that."

Flandre looked over in the direction of our hiding spot, then turned to Rumia.  Flandre knew we were there.  Rumia knew as well.  She looked at Flandre, and spoke.

"Kill them."

Flandre aimed at the dark cloud that was hiding us.

I grabbed Marisa and Reimu's arms and ran out of the way.

"Kyu!"

The tree next to where we were collapsed into itself and spread splinters all over.

"Marisa, take Flan!  Reimu, save my sister!"

"What about you, ze?"

"I'm going after Rumia."  I wasted no time.  I went straight for her.

Before I reached her, Rumia sent out a dense black fog, that concealed her as well as started to flood the sky.  In less than a minute, the entire area above the Forest of Magic was clouded with black fog.  And it wasn't stopping.  She indeed planned to cover the entire sky.

There was a strange force that kept me from getting close to the black cloud pillar.  I'd have to get her to attack me to make her stop flooding the sky.  There was no way I was going to let Rumia win.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »
Edited the first paragraph in Chapter 1, due to a small continuity error someone pointed out.  Hope this clears out some confused faces out there!

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »
CHAPTER 30 // Black Dawn: Part Two

I wasn't able to attack Rumia at that moment; I couldn't even get close to her.  I'd have to draw her into attack.  Maybe if we take out Remilia and Flandre, she would be more provoked to try and stop me, I thought.

The sky was quickly being filled with black fog.  The sun, which was just rising over the horizon, was already being blocked out.

I saw Rizu getting on her feet.  She and Reimu would be able to handle Remilia without too much trouble.  I decided to help Marisa with Flandre.

When I joined Marisa, Flandre looked at us both and scowled.  "Two against one is unfair!" she announced as she reached for a spellcard.  Despite the numbers, Flandre was a tank of an opponent, even if she did have the appearance of a nine-year-old.  I was surprised that she would react this way to being outnumbered, even though she definitely wasn't outgunned.

She showed off her spellcard by holding it above her head as she called out its name.

"Taboo: 'Four of a Kind'!"

The card sent out a bright flash as it disappeared.  When the burned shapes in my eyes faded, I saw that there were now four opponents in front of us.

Now, it was definitely unfair...for us.

Two of them came straight at me.  I took hold of one by the wrist and rolled backward, throwing her over me and into a tree.  The second one moved up close, doing a somersault and whipping her single wing at me, striking my shoulder.  I collapsed down to one knee, but quickly stood back up and kicked her in the chest, giving us a bit of space.  I grabbed a spellcard and used it quickly while she was stunned.

"Audio Sign: 'Electrostatic'!"

Card in palm, I clasped my hands together, sending an electrostatic bolt at the clone, hitting her chest, and sending her backward.  She slammed into a tree and exploded.  Three to go.  I turned around to find the other one already within striking distance, about to claw me in the face.  I grabbed her wrist before she made contact, and swept my foot beneath her, taking her feet out from under her.  I got up into the air, and looked over to Marisa to see if she was holding up alright.  "Hey!" I shouted to her.  "You need any help over there?"

"I'm having fun with them, ze!"  She was dodging move after move, toying with the two.  She jumped over one's shoulders and kicked off of her back.  "What about you, ze?"

"I'm--"  I was interrupted by a wave of red danmaku whizzing right by my face.  "...Doing fine!"

Marisa kept dodging claws, prisms, and danmaku, eventually jumping up into the air, next to where I was.  We both drew a spellcard each.

"Star Sign: 'Dragon Meteor'!"

"10,000 Decibels: 'Bass Blast'!"

The large Master Spark-like rainbow beam kept Marisa in the air as it collided with the ground, engulfing the Flandre twins.  Bass Blast collided with the other Flandre.  When both beams cleared, Marisa landed back on the ground.  The two clones on her end were gone.  The one I had attacked was still there--she was the real Flandre.

I wasn't really paying attention to Reimu and Rizu.  Although, I could hear spellcard declarations and explosions aplenty.

Flandre was getting back up.  She looked at me for a moment, then shifted to Marisa.  She charged at her, declaring another spell.

"Taboo: 'L?vateinn'!"

The weapon materialized in her hands and she swung down with all her might.  Marisa wasn't ready for it.

Without thinking, I threw my hand at the ground, and forced up a wall of rocks up to block L?vateinn's strike.  It smashed through the rocks, of course, but it gave Marisa a moment to move.  "How did you do that, ze?"

I think I'm learning to use stronger force manipulation without the assistance of spellcards...is what I would have said if I wasn't suddenly dodging swings from Flandre's weapon.  Each missed attack struck the ground and exploded, setting patches of the ground on fire.

"Sit still!" Flandre shouted, still trying to hit me.  I reached out and force-manipulated a nearby tree, and swung it at Flandre, who simply smashed it to pieces with L?vateinn.  She kept coming toward me, until...

"Audio & Carbon Sign: 'Auditory Assault'!"

A sudden bass explosion, and Remilia was sent flying...right into Flandre.  The two of them hit a large stone and fall unconscious.  Marisa looks over to Rizu and Reimu, giving a thumbs-up.

Now, what about Rumia?  She was still untouchable, in the pillar of black that was melding with the sky, which was by now a solid matte black.  The four of us regrouped.

"Oh, forgot to mention, ze, I made this."  She handed Rizu a new spellcard.  She showed it to me.  It was another combination spell.  "Now hurry up and blast her so we don't have to do a Part Three, ze!"

"Don't talk about stuff like that," I said.

I looked at the card, examining the picture and the title.  With luck, this could stop Rumia from flooding the sky.  Rizu and I took our positions in front of the black fog pillar, me standing probably one-and-a-half yards to her left.  She had the card in her palm as she put her hand out towards me.  I clasped my hand to hers at the same time.  With the card between our hands, we declared.

"Power: 'Pillars of Teionhakushi'!"

We pulled our hands apart from each other, and placed them on the ground.  The ground glowed red, then beneath each of us, one large black and red pillar with five large speakers, stacking vertically, rose from the ground.  Once the pillars were up, I looked at Marisa, who was standing behind us, centered.  I pulled up a large carbon pillar from the ground to let her have adequate height to aid in our attack.

Once we were all ready, Rizu and I initiated our attack.

"Fire!!"

The pillars emitted a red glow as they charged, before firing an immense Bass Blast from each of the ten speakers, all colliding hard with Rumia.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »
CHAPTER 31 // Black Dawn: Part Three

"Fire!!"

The pillars charged briefly, and then fired a Bass Blast-like attack from each of the ten speakers, all of which went past the dense black fog and hit Rumia directly.  The black fog stopped, but the sky was still covered in it.

"Marisa!" I shouted, "Now!!"

"Right, ze!"  She pulled out her spellcard--the spellcard that she had been experimenting with.  Originally it was supposed to be a modification of one of her existing spells, she told me before.  But now, it had a different name.

"Perverse Love: 'Easyharvest Master Spark'!"

She fired a narrow, focused multicoloured beam that joined with our attacks.  It didn't appear like much.

"That's it??"

"Not even close, ze!"  She put her foot back for balance, then the thin beam turned into a widespread, incredibly powerful beam, larger than any Master Spark I've seen so far.  The beam would have hit us if we were any further in front.  In fact, we were close enough to feel the heat off of it.

The force of the beam alone sent Marisa's hat flying backward off her head.  Marisa's unkempt blonde hair was blasted back as the beam hit not only Rumia, but everything around her.  Trees were vaporized.  Rocks were scorched.  Reimu was standing behind Marisa, down on the ground.  Her hair and large hairbow was flying backward.

Our attacks ended.  Once the smoke cleared, I saw that there were no trees left standing there.  No rocks, not even any grass.  The only thing left standing...was Rumia.

"What the...!?"  Marisa was baffled.  She had used her most powerful spell, and the target is still there.  She fell to her bottom and sat there on the platform.

Rumia floated up, and stretched her arms out.  "Pretty good.  You almost knocked me down."

I saw that Marisa was sitting down, somewhat dazed-looking.  I went to check on her.  "You alright?"

"It...it doesn't make any sense...  Easyharvest is the best I've got, ze..."  She was staring down, past the ground.  She was out of it.

"Brother!  She's attacking!"

I turned around to find a wave of danmaku coming towards us.  I grabbed Marisa and flew clear as the bullets crashed into the pillar, bringing it down.  Rizu was in the air, clear of danger, when I checked on her.

I set Marisa down by a tree.  Rizu met us there.  "Watch her.  I'm going in."  I didn't wait for a response.

I heard Reimu shout.  "What am I supposed to do??"

Rizu stayed with Marisa as I ran towards Rumia.  I touched my hand to a rock as I ran past it, using its carbon to pull Ethereal Edge from it.  I didn't stop running as I pulled the newly spawned weapon from the rock's matter.

Rumia took a spellcard, and threw it down, sticking the corner into the ground.

"Edge of Darkness: 'Death's Eye'."

A well of darkness surrounded the card, and the card itself disintegrated into a black wisp.  The darkness rose and took form, into a black blade.  The hilt had a red ribbon around it, and the bottom part of the blade had a red eye.

She quickly grabbed and rose the blade to block mine, as I swung down with Ethereal Edge.  We were close--deathly close--to each other.  If I wasn't holding Ethereal Edge, I could strangle her with my bare hands.  I wanted to.  For all the pain she caused.  For my home city.  For Rizu.  For Marisa.

I pulled Ethereal Edge back and swung back and under, hitting her sword and breaking her block.  Rumia rebounded and swung at my arm, and struck.  No damage.  I would have worried about my jacket if it wasn't already half-destroyed.

As I dueled with Rumia, I could hear Rizu and Reimu trying to snap Marisa out of it.

I swung horizontally, and Rumia jumped up into the air.  I followed suit and swung once more.  She moved back, but part of the stomach of her shirt was cut.  A small scratch drew blood.  She covered the cut with her left hand, and swung at me, holding Death's Eye with the right.  I dodged, and kicked her, hitting both her hand and her stomach.  She moved further back and fired more danmaku.  Each bullet was way off.

"Hah, who taught you how to shoot?"

"Who said I was aiming at you?"

I turned around.  The bullets were heading straight for the others.  I started to put up a force shield up in front of them, but Rumia moved in and swung at me.  I dodged her, but it caused me to lose my focus on the shield, and it fell.  I heard the bullets collide.  I turned around and looked.  Please, please let my friends be okay...

The smoke cleared, and I saw a reddish field in front of my friends.  Rizu threw up a field in the last second.  "Don't worry about us.  Kick that bitch's ass, brother!"

I nodded, and turned back to Rumia.  She didn't seem happy.  "Looks like it's just you and me, yeah?"  I smirked.  Surprisingly enough, so did she.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 10:30:06 PM »
CHAPTER 32 // Last Word

No more interruptions.  Rizu and Reimu were caring for Marisa.  I had Rumia all to myself.

Rumia looked at me--a look that said, 'I want to rip your throat out and shove it somewhere unthinkable.'  She was angry, and uneasy; nervous.  She didn't show it, but I knew.

"Die!!"  She swung Death's Eye at me rather hard, hitting my prosthetic arm and sending me aside.  I recovered easily, but I felt something loosen in my arm.  It can't take another hit like that.

I held Ethereal Edge with both hands, and braced for her next attack.  Sure enough, she charged at me, ready to swing once again.  I put up my blade and pushed hers aside, and put my left hand against her stomach.  Before she could move, I force-pushed her into a nearby tree.  She collided with it, then fell to the ground.  I saw her get to her feet, and look up at me.  Then, again, she looked in Marisa's direction.  She started running towards them.  Rizu got in front of her, stopping her.

"That's close enough," she said, holding her palm out front.  Rumia scowled at her.

"Don't think I can't get past you."

"Try me."

I touched down behind her.  She wouldn't be able to take us both.

Or maybe, she would.  She threw both hands out and sent out danmaku toward the two of us.  Rizu was hit in the stomach and sent backward.  She landed in the brush somewhere.  I was hit in the chest and arm.  The arm, weak from the earlier blow, exploded into several large pieces, as I flew backward and fell to the ground.  I had dropped Ethereal Edge somewhere along the way.  I saw Reimu grab her gohei and run in for an attack, but Rumia smacked her with the flat side of Death's Eye, hitting her in the temple, tossing her sideways and knocking her unconscious.  I saw her begin to bleed as she lay on the ground.

Rumia turned to me.  She was walking slowly toward me, dragging the tip of her blade in the ground.  I reached for my spellcards.  Rumia threw Death's Eye and sheathed it in my human arm.  I cringed and bit my lip to keep from screaming in horrible pain...I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction.

The blade went clear through my arm and into a tree.  I was stuck.  Trapped, and helpless.

Rumia stood in front of me, and held out her palm at me, charging a large well of black energy.  She grinned.

"Good night."

// // // // //

"Love Sign: 'Master Spark'!"

The large, multicoloured beam slammed into Rumia.  She faceplanted and bounced off of the ground before hitting a large boulder.  I looked at the end of the rainbow to see Marisa, holding up her palm, and sturdying her arm with the other arm.  She was still weak, and couldn't stand.

"Ra...Raz...stay alive...!  Keep...fighting, ze...!"

It was as if Marisa's voiced concern for me brought me new strength.  I focused on Death's Eye and forced it out of my arm, and kept focus on it, keeping it floating by my side, angled at the ground.  I stood up, and walked toward where Rumia landed.

Rumia slowly got up to her feet, her face dripping with youkai blood.  She held one hand to her bleeding head.  She threw the other hand up, aiming towards me, and charged sever wells of energy, and fired them all at me.  I created force bubbles around each bullet, and imploded them.  I could see the fear in Rumia's uncovered eye as I stepped closer.  I saw where Ethereal Edge had landed, and took control of it, keeping it at my side, opposite of Death's Eye.  Rumia panicked, and quickly charged a large orb of energy and threw it at me.  I manipulated Rumia's blade to deflect it, and sent the charge flying off into the sky.

Rumia started to run.  I moved Ethereal Edge in front of her to block her path, then controlled it to strike her in the side of the head with the flat edge.  She fell sideways.  Rumia stood back up, now bleeding more.  She weakly held her hand up and started to charge another shot.  I wasn't going to have it.  I aimed Ethereal Edge at her, and sent it into her stomach, pushing her back and pinning her to a tree.  She screamed.  I stepped closer.  Rumia looked at Death's Eye, floating next to me.  She reached her hand out for it, helplessly.  That's exactly how I wanted her to feel.

I glanced at Death's Eye, then back at Rumia.  "Hm?  You want this?"  I stopped in front of her.

She looked at her blade, then back at me.  "...Fuck...you..."  She spit blood at my face.

"In that case..."  Keeping the blade by my side, I turned around and started to walk away.

After a few yards, I stopped.  Without turning around, I manipulated the blade, aiming it at Rumia.  I focused hard on the blade, and split off two large shards from it.  All three parts were aimed at her.  "If you want the weapon so bad...then I guess I'll let you HAVE IT!!"  I sent the fragments flying at her.  The two shards went into her wrists, pinning her arms up in the form of a crucifix.  She screamed again.  Then, I sent the sword itself straight toward her.  I turned to see the blade pierce her face, and come out the back of her head and penetrate the tree.  Her eyes were stuck open, and she was crying tears of blood.  I walked away, leaving her for dead.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 10:59:10 PM »
CHAPTER 33 // Epilogue

I left Rumia for dead.  I really didn't care if she had died or had just stayed there suffering.  I was fine with either.

I returned to Marisa.  She was up on her feet now, checking on Reimu's head wound.  She would be okay, but we needed to get her bandaged up.  Rizu was on her hands and knees, just this moment getting up.  "You missed it," I told her.

"What, really?  Damn."  She stood up and shook her head, trying to escape her dizzy feeling.

I noticed that Remilia and Flandre were nowhere to be found.  They must have escaped at some point during the battle.  The black clouds were going away, to reveal the sun.  It was morning, probably around 10:30.  "Well," I said, "shall we go?"

Rizu carried Reimu on her back, and Marisa held onto me, as we flew back to the shrine.

// // // // //

Once we arrived, Rizu layed Reimu on her bed.  "Where's the first-aid supplies?"

"Bathroom--left cabinet under the sink," Marisa answered.  I went and got it for her.  While I was at it, I bandaged up my arm and made a makeshift sling.  It would take a while for the bone to heal.  I supposed this would do for the time being.

"We are gonna head home, ze.  Can you handle things from here?"

"Certainly," Rizu responded.

Marisa and I walked back to the shrine exit.  Marisa grabbed a bamboo broom from the corner.  "Tell Reimu I borrowed this, ze."  She turned to me.  "Hey...wanna race to the shop, ze?"  I smiled, and nodded.

We both launched into the air and flew as fast as we could.  It took all of three minutes to get to her shop.

I landed first.  "Heh heh," I laughed, "looks like you've been getting rusty without your broom!"

"Yep, you beat me fair and square, ze!"  We both started laughing.

Then, I realized...we made it.  We both managed to keep each other alive throughout all that has happened.  We had been to hell and back, faced the devil's sister, and stood on the edge of darkness...and yet here we were.  Standing here, in front of each other, close enough to touch.  I turned a slight red.  Marisa saw me blushing, and did the same.

Marisa reached up and touched my hand.  I smiled, and kissed her.

// // // // //

I returned home, and saw the large, shredded front end of my house.  "...Eh.  I'll fix it later."  I dragged a folding chair up to the livingroom, and watched the morning sky get brighter.

Thanks for reading!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »
Great ending. But I didnt know Rumia was the devils sister... Yeesh.

Razwerkz

• Razu Teionhakushi
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2011, 03:16:05 AM »
Lol, I dunno if I made EX-Rumia excessive as hell or just right.  Eh, I'm satisfied.  :D