Author Topic: Maths ~Angelic Version~'s scripts  (Read 5355 times)

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
Maths ~Angelic Version~'s scripts
« on: July 26, 2013, 06:42:46 AM »
Here's a list of my projects (everything here is for ph3):

Aki Sisters Battle
Marisa Battle for RaNGE 10 (new, version 1.1)

I consider making this post fancier later.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:22:33 PM by Maths ~Angelic Version~ »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Maths ~Angelic Version~'s scripts
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »
I've noticed you around indeed. A pleasant view for us to see this place getting more scripters or people deciding to try out scripting. I won't be handing out feedback but I am sure others will or might.

Keep up the good stuff.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »
Hey, this is really good. True, I haven't tried that many ph3 scripts (like 3...), but of those I have, this is my favorite.
Well, only thing is that the second nonspell of the script seemed kind of pointless (could have more spread, because it developed into pure streaming and nothing else).
I especially liked perfect harvester, as it was alot of fun to play against. The other spellcards were good too ofc, just that perfect harvester struck me as especially interesting.
And unlike some scripts, this is well balanced as well, good job!

Should probably try ph3 out myself, if I just manage to figure everything out. (Or if I just get motivated to do it ^^")
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:51:53 PM by Darkness1 »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »
Aki Sisters v1.0 by Maths ~Angelic Version~

Spells: Worth 20 points each. If has multiple phases, each phase counts as 10 points.
Nonspells: Worth 10 points each
Stages: Worth 10 points per phase (determined by self)

Backgrounds, music, sound and effects: merged into the scores for each attack
Organization: Not graded
Replayability: Not graded

Shizuha Nonspell 1: Nice job here. Like the background. Lags like hell though. As for the bullet patterns, they're quite nice and the colors are fitting. [9/10]
Shizuha Spell 1: The lack of a SFX was weird at first. And the cutin covered the bullets, which wasn't so great. The spell itself was pretty lackluster. Nothing new here. Like the shape that the items spawned in though. [13/20]
Shizuha Nonspell 2: This is interesting. But it's a little too random, which makes it a little harder to dodge. [7/10]
Shizuha Spell 2: I like the idea, but the first and third waves' bullets go and come much too close to the player. Also, too many bullets. I like the second phase though; it's mathy. [13/20]
Shizuha Nonspell 3: Very nice, like the first nonspell. However, the bubbles keep on shooting for too long, and the bullets can form too close to the player at times. [8/10]
Shizuha Spell 3: Nice idea, once again. However, it's too random, and arrow graphics are... unexpected. [14/20]
Minoriko Nonspell 1: Nice idea, nice use of color and canon attacks. But the blue phase lasts too long, and the color sort of interferes with the background and nature of the script theme. [7/10]
Minoriko Spell 1: Nice idea, once again. But once again, pretty random and... meh. Feels like ExSanae. But beautiful item spawn shape. [13/20]
Minoriko Nonspell 2: Meh. Random, dense. Not very interesting. [6/10]
Minoriko Spell 2: Great idea. But.. a little too random, once again. [14/20]
Minoriko Nonspell 3: MATH. ME LIKE. Nice use of color and technique. Nice to see something less randomized. [8/10]
Minoriko Spell 3: Great idea, beautiful execution, but WAY. TOO. RANDOM. Still, pretty nice. [15/20]

I died on Perfect Harvester. The rest are from the individual boss files.

Dual Nonspell 1: Beautiful but overwhelming [9/10]
Dual Spell 1: Shizuha's portion is really ugly compared to Minoriko's. But a nice spell that went down in about 15 seconds with the RPG. [17/20]
Dual Nonspell 2: Minoriko's portion is amazing. Shizuha's... not as much. [8/10]
Dual Spell 2: THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. THIS IS WANT I WANT MORE OF. [20/20]
Dual Nonspell 3: Interesting idea. But Minoriko's portion turns ugly at first. Shizuha's portion is fabulous. [8/10]
Dual Spell 3: The spell is OK. Minoriko's bullet graphic choice is just really unfitting though. [13/20]
Dual Nonspell 4: Shizuha's portion is fabulous. Minoriko's is... well... too many bullets, too random. [7/10]
Dual Spell 4 (SURVIVAL): This is a really random attack. The ending looks OK at first, but then it turns into random overkill. Bad. [8/20]
Dual Spell 5 (FINAL): This spell is beautiful. The flower bursts are great, the manipulation of Shizuha's movement to create a pattern is awesome, and the randomness seems to have fallen. Also, I love the ellipse bullet hitboxes. So nice~ [16/20]
Finale: AWESOME FLOWER ITEMS. But they need to last a bit longer so that the pattern can be seen. ^_^ [+10]

Overall: [243/320] ~ 76/100

Comments
Not much time to POC in your script, and the music cuts off abruptly. Also, those item spawn patterns are amazing. You inspire me to do the same. Especially that last one, which was unfortunately cut off.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:56:04 AM by Sparen »

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »
Hi.
Feedback and constructive criticism are welcome  :)
I played Aki Sisters script.
Some patterns i didn't like:
The flower script(chrysanthemums?) and bird migration because bullets were constantly coming from all sides and that is unfun to dodge. Also the 80+ second survival card was far too long in my opinion.

Other patterns felt mostly very good, especially considering this is your first serious project.

Not much time to POC in your script
That's right. I like low POC time.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:38:21 PM by touhoumaniac »

Maths ~Angelic Version~

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 06:28:01 PM »
Hey, this is really good. True, I haven't tried that many ph3 scripts (like 3...), but of those I have, this is my favorite.
Well, only thing is that the second nonspell of the script seemed kind of pointless (could have more spread, because it developed into pure streaming and nothing else).
I especially liked perfect harvester, as it was alot of fun to play against. The other spellcards were good too ofc, just that perfect harvester struck me as especially interesting.
And unlike some scripts, this is well balanced as well, good job!

Should probably try ph3 out myself, if I just manage to figure everything out. (Or if I just get motivated to do it ^^")
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I'm glad you liked it  :D . I'm going to make a version 1.1 of the script at some time, and I have made a different 2nd non-card, which I have attached. Consider it a preview of version 1.1!

[...]The flower script(chrysanthemums?) and bird migration because bullets were constantly coming from all sides and that is unfun to dodge.
Uhhh... a matter of different tastes? Some players enjoy this kind of attack, and I'm among them. Too bad you don't like it, though
[...]Also the 80+ second survival card was far too long in my opinion.[...]
Which card are you talking about? The only survival card is Bird Migration, which is ~40 seconds (and I plan to remake it anyway).

Shizuha Spell 1: [..]The spell itself was pretty lackluster. Nothing new here.[...]
I think I'll remake it to make a better pattern while still keeping the idea of leaves withering,
Minoriko Spell 1: Nice idea, once again. But once again, pretty random and... meh. Feels like ExSanae
I think I'll at least try to add some lasers (to decrease the Ex-Sanae feel) and maybe some more patterns.
Minoriko Nonspell 2: Meh. Random, dense. Not very interesting. [6/10]
I'm going to make it less random and add another "pattern" to it.
Dual Spell 3: [...]Minoriko's bullet graphic choice is just really unfitting though.
Uhhh.. do you have any other suggestions? I think that Minoriko's attack should represent the moon, while Shizuha's represent stars.
Dual Spell 4 (SURVIVAL): This is a really random attack. The ending looks OK at first, but then it turns into random overkill. Bad. [8/20]
I think I'm going to redo this attack completely in version 1.1. I'm thinking about making it more of a "stay inside area X" type of attack, kind of like Kokkuri-san's Contract. I know it's not a new idea, but I feel that it would capture the "migration" part of the name much better.
Not much time to POC in your script
I'm going to give time to POC in the next version. In the original, I intended for the player to collect all the items without needing to POC, but I believe allowing the player to POC is a better solution, which also allows me to make the item spawn patterns larger.
The music cuts off abruptly.
At the end of the script? I'll see if I can make it fade out. Making the music loop correctly is kind of annoying, but I'll see if I can improve that too.
Also, those item spawn patterns are amazing. You inspire me to do the same.
Thank you :) I was inspired when I saw that some Touhou fangame (I don't remember which one) used circles as spawn patterns instead of the clusters that Touhou games and fangames typically use. I thought "why stop at circles?" and decided to make some more complicated shapes myself.
Especially that last one, which was unfortunately cut off.
It'll be shown for a longer time in the next version ;)

Anyway, thank you very much for your feedback! Particularly you, Sparen, for taking the time to write a review. It was really helpful  :)

Yes, I'm going to make an improved version of this battle. One thing I can pretty much say for sure is that version 1.1 will use less purely random attacks  ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:36:03 PM by Maths ~Angelic Version~ »

Maths ~Angelic Version~

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 12:34:32 PM »
I just finished my RaNGE Contest #10 entry, which is also my second serious script. It's a battle against Marisa Kirisame. She has three non-cards and three Spell Cards. I hope you'll like it~
Download
Edit: Version 1.1 is here. The changes are minor, but I recommend the latest version.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:24:14 PM by Maths ~Angelic Version~ »