Author Topic: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 60895 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:28:28 PM »

>You are Nue Houjuu,  Gensokyo's premier shapeshifter! Yours is a long and storied past, ranging from hassling the Mikado's palace in the old days to being sealed underground to making your way among migrant oni and more. But by and large, you've gotten by. These days, you live in the Ancient City, and run a successful tavern, as well as a couple of side businesses. As well, you have taken to hanging with a group of surprisingly open-minded Buddhists.
>And you've been robbed.
>You are an independent-minded person and prone to mischief. You are a confident and flirtatious, seldom at a loss of words or caught off guard. In the old days you had no problem terrorizing those in the highest seats of power, but these days you have calmed down somewhat. Even if you no longer aspire to your old heights of harassing Emperors, you still love to stir up trouble every now and again. Despite this, you find yourself surprisingly responsible these days, between running legitimate businesses and helping out your surface world friends. Some days, you wonder if you're losing your edge. Partially you blame Byakuren's influence; she has a way of making want to behave, at least a little bit. As well, having lived among the rigorously honest oni; quick to answer injury with violence; has done much to quietly shape you toward being a more socially-minded soul. Particularly after the end result of your first attempts to run scams and thieve your way through as you used to...
>These days you consider the oni as good friends, even if they're a bit more gruff than you'd like sometimes. Your tavern serves as a well-known peaceful spot, where people in the Ancient City can go to relax and not worry about the brawls and such, though sometimes they do happen right outside your doorstep. You are acquainted with one of the Four Devas that lead the oni, a woman calling herself Kay. She sometimes uses your tavern as a base of operations, though this has been happening less often lately. You have also found yourself tied to the people of the Myouren Temple, after they forgave you for your last big prank of interfering with their restoration of their leader. They've proven to be true friends, and have done what they can to assist you when you need it.
>A strange event of some kind seems to have turned everyone's money into gemstones of roughly equivalent worth, reaching even into Hakugyokurou. You aren't sure what caused it or why, but it seems to have been via use of faith, or something like magic but not magic. You do know a rabbit youkai was seen entering and leaving your house. Chaos has started to break out in the city, and is somewhat contained in the human town. The kappa are in a tizzy trying to figure it out, while the tengu town and Scarlet Devil Mansion have closed their borders. If things continue to degenerate, things could get very messy in Gensokyo.You have Nazrin working your tavern, trying to turn a profit from the events. As well, your spell cards have gone missing.

> Take a lighter tone.
> "Hey there, big guy. How are you doing?"
> Slowly reach into our purse for a rice ball. If we can't get one individually, grab the whole package.

>You take a light tone, which doesn't seem to reassure him much.
>You slowly dig out one of your riceballs. The wolf does not stop barking and snarling.

> Are we able to change our scent?

>Yes, but you don't have the sensitivity to know if you have. You have only the word of old, departed friends who were able to detect scents to that degree. You can kind of do it intentionally, but you have no real control over the results.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »
> Hold the rice ball in front of us and wiggle it a little bit.
> "This smell good?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:23:36 PM »
> Hold the rice ball in front of us and wiggle it a little bit.
> "This smell good?"

>You wave the rice ball in front of yourself.
>The wolf barks at you still, but he's definitely following the rice ball with his eyes.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:30:28 PM »
> Keep wiggling the rice ball. Wave it a bit to our right.
> Take a cautious step forward.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32:59 PM »
> Keep wiggling the rice ball. Wave it a bit to our right.
> Take a cautious step forward.

>You move it a bit to the right, and the wolf definitely follows it, his snout shifts. Then you step forward, and he gives a very nasty-sound snarl.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:35:31 PM »
> Step back.
> "Sorry~"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 11:56:40 PM »
> Step back.
> "Sorry~"

>You step back. The wolf's snarling becomes less savage, but it's still quite nasty.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »
> Wiggle the rice ball a little bit more.
> After a couple seconds of wiggling, toss it near the wolf. Not at the wolf, and definitely not hard enough to hit the wolf. Just near the wolf.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 12:15:13 AM »
> Wiggle the rice ball a little bit more.
> After a couple seconds of wiggling, toss it near the wolf. Not at the wolf, and definitely not hard enough to hit the wolf. Just near the wolf.

>You wiggle the rice ball a little more.
>As you're about to toss it, you hear something else picking its way through the bamboo, and high feminine voice call out, "Wolf, what're you growling at today?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 12:58:21 AM »
> Stop wiggling the rice ball.
> Take on a normal voice again.
> "That'd be me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 01:16:35 AM »
> Stop wiggling the rice ball.
> Take on a normal voice again.
> "That'd be me."

>"Who's there?" asks the voice, getting closer while the wolf continues to bark at you.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 01:18:31 AM »
> "Assuming you're from that manor over there, I've been told I'm a friend of a rabbit in a pink dress. It was news to me at the time, but who am I to turn down friendship offers?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 02:11:08 AM »
> "Assuming you're from that manor over there, I've been told I'm a friend of a rabbit in a pink dress. It was news to me at the time, but who am I to turn down friendship offers?"

>"Which one?" says the speaker, as she comes into sight, revealing herself to be a shortish rabbit wearing a pink dress, with long dark hair.
>She gives the wolf a look. "Will you calm down, already?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 02:17:05 AM »
> "Don't know. I never saw 'em. Heard about it from an oni, though, so I know it happened. Whatever they needed, it was important enough that they entered my pub while I was asleep, so I figured I should swing by and find out what happened, and deliver a message to the doctor while I was here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 02:38:20 AM »
> "Don't know. I never saw 'em. Heard about it from an oni, though, so I know it happened. Whatever they needed, it was important enough that they entered my pub while I was asleep, so I figured I should swing by and find out what happened, and deliver a message to the doctor while I was here."

>"Mmm," says the rabbit. "Well, the place is closed off, right now. I suppose I could carry your message...wait, what's this about oni?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 02:41:38 AM »
> "I live underground. Where all the oni are. One spotted this rabbit around underground, and even talked to this rabbit. Let her into the pub."
> "You mentioned the place being closed off, though. Something happen?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 04:17:36 AM »
> "I live underground. Where all the oni are. One spotted this rabbit around underground, and even talked to this rabbit. Let her into the pub."
> "You mentioned the place being closed off, though. Something happen?"

>She frowns. "Huh. Underground? That's different.... And, I'm not allowed to talk about the details, sorry."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 04:20:50 AM »
>"If it's about the money, the same thing's happened to everybody else, including us underground, and it even reached into Hakugyokuro."

Should we try to get reisen out here? At least we actually know here, so she might be better to ask about the spellcards than some random rabbit.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 05:03:06 AM »
>"If it's about the money, the same thing's happened to everybody else, including us underground, and it even reached into Hakugyokuro."

>She frowns. "...Wait, others?"

>_

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 05:18:18 AM »
>"Yeah, pretty much everyone as near as we can figure. The humans, the tengu, the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Underground, the works."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 05:26:59 AM »
>"Yeah, pretty much everyone as near as we can figure. The humans, the tengu, the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Underground, the works."

>She nods. "Um. You had a message, right?"
>The wolf stops barking, but you feel he's still fairly on guard.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 05:31:41 AM »
> "I did, and given the nature of the subject of it, I'd rather deliver it in person, in relative privacy. If that is at all possible."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 05:39:19 AM »
> "I did, and given the nature of the subject of it, I'd rather deliver it in person, in relative privacy. If that is at all possible."

>"Um...let me go ask if she wants to talk about it. ...Could you give me a hint, maybe?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 05:44:00 AM »
> "Mmm...yes, it pertains to the prior commitment she made for later tonight."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 06:06:58 AM »
> "Mmm...yes, it pertains to the prior commitment she made for later tonight."

>"Um, alright," says the rabbit. "Let me go ask. If you'd wait at the door."
>She clicks her tongue a few times.. "C'mon, wolfie. You did a good job, boy."
>The wolf backs away from you, and follows the rabbit as she heads onward.

>_

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 06:10:55 AM »
>"Sure thing, thanks."
>Follow along. At a comfortable distance from that wolf.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 06:45:07 AM »
>"Sure thing, thanks."
>Follow along. At a comfortable distance from that wolf.

>You follow the rabbit, keeping back from that wolf.
>Soon, you emerge from the bamboo, and the white walls of Eientei are almost close enough to touch. Looking over a bit, you see two large, wooden doors allowing entry into the compound. Looking up, you can see tiled roofs topping the walls. Everything looks practically immaculate, there's little sign of dirt anywhere on the walls. It lends an odd sort of feeling that this place really isn't part of the world, something like the gate to Hakugyokurou. Another rabbit stands at the gate, a taller one in a green dress, frowning at you as you step out.
>"I got a message for boss," says the rabbit in pink. "Keep an eye on our guest?"
>The other rabbit nods, as the rabbit in pink opens the doors and walks inside. "Don't worry about Wolf," says the rabbit in green, as the animal slinks away along the wall. "He's just a little skittish around people he doesn't know."

>_

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 06:51:31 AM »
>"Heh, if that was just him being skittish, I'd hate to see what he's like when he's actually unhappy to see someone."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 07:02:36 AM »
>"Heh, if that was just him being skittish, I'd hate to see what he's like when he's actually unhappy to see someone."

>"He's pretty calm, really," says the rabbit. "Probably because everyone likes giving him treats."

>_

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 07:10:54 AM »
>"Guess he's got a pretty good thing going here, then."