Author Topic: Something New...  (Read 8410 times)

Something New...
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:48:29 AM »
So, my first story. Involves Reisen and self-insert as main characters, currently. Suggestions welcome, let me know if I'm writing Reisen wrong or something, etc., etc.
---------------

The first thing Reisen noticed was the voice. It wasn't Kaguya's, nor Eirin's, nor Tewi's. Nor did it belong to anyone else she knew. She couldn't make out any words clearly. She was pretty sure it was getting closer, though.

...Where was she? She was on something soft, she knew that much. Wherever she was at was rather dark, but it looked-- And felt-- like she was lying on a bed. It wasn't hers, either.

Where -am- I?

She could hear the voice getting closer. She tried to get up, but the moment she sat up, she felt dizzy and fell backwards. One more time, maybe... She tried again, and again, and again, and again, but she couldn't sit up, let alone stand. Then she heard a click and the door opened, and the lights in the room slowly came on. It was gradual, and she could clearly see the room now. And the person who had opened the door.

?You are awake, then??

Reisen didn't answer her. The girl-- as she could see fairly clearly now-- strode over to the bed and slid a couple of pillows under her, propping her up a bit.

?I will go prepare you a meal. Please, wait here.?

Before she could ask, though, the girl turned and left the room, the door clicking shut behind her. She pulled the blanket up and noted the bandages. And that she wasn't wearing her own clothing anymore.

She shrugged off the seemingly endless amount of questions for the time being and looked around. This was clearly nowhere in Gensokyo. At least, not that she'd seen. There were all kinds of strange things scattered about, a stack of books to the side of the bed on a small table, and a bright... Thing... Up on the ceiling. She wondered what it was. Maybe she'd ask later. Looking at the stack of books though, the cover of one caught her eye and she picked it up.

?The Phoenix Transformed,? She read aloud, admiring the artwork on the front. Oddly, there was no Phoenix on it. There was a Dragon, and three humans, but why wasn't there a Phoenix? The title of the book was confusing her. She opened it up and flipped through the first few pages until she came to one with a lot of words on it. This must be where it starts, then...

'A little more than a year ago Tiercel Rolfort and Harrier Gillain had been ordinary boys looking toward an ordinary future. Harrier had been ready to embark upon the Apprenticeship that would eventually lead to him succeeding his father as Harbormaster of Armethalieh Port,' Harbormaster? What was that? And where was this Armethalieh? 'and Tiercel, like most of his age-mates, would be attending Armethalieh University before taking his place in the thriving bureaucracy of the Nine Cities.' She'd barely started and she already had words she didn't know.

'But that was Before.

Tiercel's interest in ancient history had led him to a series of increasingly terrifying discoveries. First that he was able to wield the power of the High Magick, something that had been forgotten in the Nine Cities for nearly a thousand years.' High Magick? It wasn't any kind of magic -she- knew...

'Second that having done so led him to experience visions that he came to believe were a warning of a return of the Endarkened, the creatures defeated by Blessed Saint Idalia and Kellen the Poor Orphan Boy over a millennium before.'

The door clicked, and she looked up sharply to see the girl from earlier enter with a small tray of food. She peered at the back of the book and smiled. ?Mercedes Lackey wrote that one. Good series, that is.?

?Eh...? Series...??

The girl nodded and showed Reisen the front cover, pointing just under the title, which she read aloud. ?Book Three of The Enduring Flame...?

?Yup! That's the last book.? She set down the tray on Reisen's lap, and took the book from her, sliding a small slip of paper in between the pages.

Now that she had food in front of her, she was really hungry. It seemed like a few slices of cooked meat of sorts, a small cup of water, and to her surprise, a small helping of carrots. She immediately started eating, and the girl sat on a blanket laid out on the floor, watching her with a grin. ?Two days does something like that, doesn't it.?

At that, Reisen froze.

?TWO DAYS?!?

?... Right. Um... Making this short... I was out fishing this morning and then I heard something fall and then I went to go see what it was and had to carry you back here, and you were kinda' hurt, so I did my best with that, and went to wash the blood out of your clothes, and... Um... Yeah, you've been asleep for two days.?

Reisen calmed herself as best as she could. ?Could you tell me where I am, exactly.?

?You aaare... In the eastern part of Colorado.?

?...Colorado...??

?You're not from around here, are you...??

She was stunned. She wasn't in Gensokyo anymore, she was sure of that now. There wasn't any place named 'Colorado' there. She let herself fall backwards onto the pillow mass.

? So she wasn't going to be able to see Eirin. Or Kaguya. Or even Tewi, troublesome as she was.

?... Are you alright??

?...No... No, I'm not...?

?Right... Um...? The girl got up and rummaged around in a drawer under the bed, pulling out a pair of pants. ?Here, you can put these on if you'd like, and I could probably get you a shirt too if you want, and...?

Reisen took the pair of pants and looked at them for a moment. They were probably a bit big for her, but she put them on anyways, and took the shirt the girl had just handed to her and put that on as well.

?... Excuse me, but... I need to lay down again...?

?Alright then.? She closed her eyes and felt herself lay flat on the bed as the pillows holding her up were removed. Then she heard the girl lying down on the blanket beside the bed.

"You can have the bed. Don't worry about it.? It was almost like she knew what she was thinking at that moment. So instead she simply nodded, and tried to go to sleep. She heard a quiet click, and what she assumed was music came on, and she really was tired...
---
More tomorrow, maybe. Zombie girl needs sleep now.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:53:56 AM by Orphea.Russ »

Re: Something New...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:53:29 AM »
Reisen is in the outside world? I am interested! Please continue!

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
Sounds great. But then... falling down out of nowhere all of a sudden? Blood? Sigh. What's that Yukari thinking? Unless she's not behind it... (Hopes for an update soon)
Madness?

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »
Gasp, replies! And they're good!
[Faints, gets back up after a bit.]
Okay, okay, I'll write more today. o.o...

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:11:19 AM »
When Lily woke up, it was already 11:30 in the morning. Should go make breakfast, it's sorta late... She pulled the blanket off of herself and stood up, and started towards the door quietly so as to make sure she didn't wake up the red-eyed girl. Have to remind myself to ask for her name... Wonder what she'd like to eat. Remembering, she walked back to the bed and grabbed the now-empty tray from last night. She also grabbed the glass before she opened the door and headed toward the kitchen.

The house was quiet, as it usually was in the morning. Sometimes she had music on using the speakers she'd put up throughout the place. Today... Was probably not the day to do that. She had to decide what to make for breakfast. A simple breakfast drink mix was enough for her, but... She wasn't sure what the red-eyed one would like. And she was probably going to be pretty hungry still.
She'd just make rice. Yeah, that would probably do for the time being at least until she could figure out something else. Besides, who doesn't like rice?

So that settles it. Rice and a breakfast mix for myself, and rice and whatever else for her.

She entered the kitchen and looked around for the rice bag. She hurried over to the counter and grabbed it, then measured out the appropriate amount into the rice cooker and added water, plugged it in, and turned it on. It'd take a while, and she needed something to do.
That said, I should probably get outside while it's quiet. Wait, no, what if she wakes up while I'm out? Bad idea. Very bad idea.
Headache. Ow. But I can't play music here without using the speakers. Wait, no, I can.

She rushed out of the kitchen and into the living room, and sifted through the mess. She looked through the room a good ten minutes or so before she found them, and hurried over to her desk, unplugging the one cord that conveniently led to all the speakers in the house and replacing them with the one for the headset. Except it was cordless.

Wireless headphones~. Music without disturbing her. Best solution ever, Lily.
She put the headset on and grabbed the remote, clicking the 'play' button before stuffing it in her pocket.

What now? TV would be kinda pointless, would wake her up. Not awake enough for games, either.

Lily felt the shiver run down her spine as the song began. Those sounds never failed to do so. But she didn't mind anymore. She closed her eyes and ran her finger along the wall, turning to the right as she hit the kitchen and opened the rice cooker. It'd be done in just a few minutes more. So instead she slid over to the fridge, grabbing two cups on the way, and poured milk into both. Then she slid the carton back into place, shut the refrigerator, and grabbed the small can off to the side. The plastic lid popped off and she shook some of the powder into each cup, then grabbed a spoon and mixed them both.

Chocolate milk, but a whole breakfast's worth of stuff. Simple, not too filling, but it works. Now for the rice...

She pulled two (admittedly, rather large) bowls from the cabinet and shut the rice cooker off, dishing rice into each bowl until they were both full. She set them both on the tray she'd taken from the room earlier, and went off back to the bedroom. A hand dug into her pocket and clicked the music off, and she shook her head, the headset falling down around her neck.

The door clicked as it opened, and she stepped over to the bed, set the tray down on the table next to it, and gently shook the girl's shoulder. ?Hey, breakfast is ready.?

The girl's eyes snapped open at the touch and sleepily sat up. ?Buh...? Oh, morning...?
She handed her one of the bowls of rice and a pair of chopsticks, waiting for her to take it before grabbing her own and sitting down on the edge of the bed.
?So, did you sleep well??
She was answered with a short nod. ?I did, thank you.?
?I didn't know what you liked, so I made rice, and one of these breakfast drinks here, and... I'm probably worrying a bit much, aren't I??
The girl smiled. ?Yes, yes you are.?
Seeing her smiling at her rambling, she couldn't help but do so herself. ?Hope you don't mind, I'm not used to having guests. It's um, still quite messy...?
?Shouldn't be too much of a problem.?
?Well, um... I'd avoid the living room, there are sort of sharp objects scattered about. I'll go pick them up later.?

A few moments passed in silence after that, before she asked the question that had been nagging at her for a while now.

?... So what's your name, anyways??
?My name? My name is Reisen.?
?Ooh, I like that one. My name's Lily.?
?Really? We have a Lily where I come from, too.?
?Huh. That's kind of surprising actually.?
Reisen finished her bowl and set it down on the tray before looking at one of the glasses. ?What's that??
?Oh, those are breakfast mixes. They taste like chocolate milk but they've got all the nutrients and stuff that you should get during breakfast. Here,? She passed one to Reisen, and watched as she took a sip.
?...Chocolate milk you said??
?Um, yes.?
?I think I like it.?
Lily giggled. ?It's hard not to unless you're allergic to chocolate or something.?
?Understandably so.?
Lily reached for her own drink and gulped it down
?Well, I'm going to be going to the store today. Anything you wanted??
?I could probably use some more clothing in the mean time.?
?I'll have to see what size I need to get, but I'll look out for some stuff. Your original outfit should be dry now, though. Probably won't need it until you're back on your feet though.?
?You have a point. Shouldn't be too long though, I can sit up now at least. The food probably helped.?

Lily nodded, and took the empty dishes. ?If you need something to do in the meantime, I've got a bunch of books you could borrow, and I could probably set you up with the PS3 if you wanted.?

There was a pause.

?What's a P-S-3??
?... This is going to be an issue, isn't it.?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 03:22:39 AM »
Wow, This is actually pretty good. I can only assume that Lily's not a PCGamer though :V

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 03:31:07 AM »
A PS3, but no Wii? what That has got to be my favorite part, along with the chocolate. No one can resist the power of chocolate!  :V

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 03:36:33 AM »
Wow, This is actually pretty good. I can only assume that Lily's not a PCGamer though :V
Actually, she is mainly a PC person. You can count her PS3 games on one hand.
A PS3, but no Wii? what That has got to be my favorite part, along with the chocolate. No one can resist the power of chocolate!  :V
I find the Wii has issues, and the 'motes tend to be... Meh.
And yes, chocolate.
...Mmm... [Wanders off to find chocolate.]
In all seriousness however, there is plot in store! ...I'm just pushing it back too much. >>

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
TVTropes! NOOOOO....

*20 hours later...*

Lily has a PS3!?  ( TT _ TT ) *wishes for one*

Oh and chocolate... sweet sweet chocolate... Is it a coincidence that I was actually eating a box of chocolates while reading this? :V
Madness?

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »
They'd spent the last two or three hours playing the PS3, which, as Reisen had learned, was a short form of saying PlayStation 3. It was a curious thing, as she'd discovered, and it had taken a long time for Lily to teach her how to use it. They'd ended up playing a game that Lily called ?Little Big Planet 2?. It was a curious thing, where you played as a tiny thing called a ?sackperson? (Or as a certain someone put it, ?Sack-thing?) and had to save the world from this thing called the 'Negativitron'. It had taken her a bit to be able to pronounce that correctly. But since then Lily had taken the PS3 back into the other room, and was now sitting next to Reisen on the bed, both eating lunch (which was, on Reisen's part at least, -mostly- vegetables).

?... I had something to ask you.?
?What would that be??
?I wanted to know how you ended up where I could find you, being from somewhere else entirely and all.?
Reisen thought about this for a bit. The specifics were fuzzy, but...

?From what I remember, Mokou and Kaguya were fighting again and I was injured during it, and, guessing from where I am now, Yukari sent me here for some reason. And,? She held up a finger, silencing Lily, who was about to speak, ?Before you ask, I work for Kaguya, and Mokou is her rival, and Yukari is someone who can, put simply, make small-scale portals.?
?That sounds like a useful ability. I'm going to guess that where you come from, there's magic, then.?
?That would be correct. Most humans can't use it, there being three exceptions I'm aware of, however.?
?It sounds like fun. Other than the getting injured part.?
?So now it's my turn. Why haven't you asked me about my ears? Or my eyes??
Lily blinked and looked Reisen over.
?I... Guess I just didn't notice. Or was too busy to pay attention. Helping you that is.?
?I suppose so, then...?

After that came a bit of silence. Reisen was playing with the remnants of her meal using a fork, trying to figure out how she was going to get back.

?... Do you suppose we could get a message to this Yukari person??
?I doubt it. Unless she shows up we're more or less on our own...?
?In that case, I have shopping to do.?
?Shopping??

Lily had already gotten up and was halfway to the door.
?I have an idea.?
?----
Short update because I'm tired and it's long overdue for one. Did I mention it's short? ...Yes? Okay then.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 09:05:21 AM »
>LBP2
I want to show Reisen how to play some ROCKET POWERED TREE SURVIVAL AWWWW YEAH

Anyways, short, But it's still pretty good. And no typos from what I can see, and that's a pretty good thing when you're writing when you're tired.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 09:13:04 AM »
Somewhat oddly, I feel much better after posting this. Namely no longer being so tired.
Hrm.
... Oh also. PLOT. Discuss.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:27:29 AM by Orphea.Russ »

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 05:37:57 AM »
ALRIGHT. I have decided that I am going to -force- myself to update this thing before it gets even further behind.
I already owe you people at least four of them.
And that said I'm also running out of things to write on, so if anyone has ideas I'm all ears.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 12:24:46 PM »
YEAH! FORCE YOURSELF! I MEAN. UHH. WHY YOU CAN TYPE SO LONG AND IN RP YOU TYPE SHORT?

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »
Well, I don't really have to wait on other people here and I have control over -all- the characters, see?

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 09:52:53 PM »
I got an idea. Maybe a "Meanwhile, back in Gensokyo" or buying new clothes for Reisen?

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 09:57:48 PM »
... A Gensokyo episode might be a nice change of pace.
Then we can go CLOTHES SHOPPING!
... I dunno why I typed that in caps.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 06:12:29 AM »
Yes, a Gensokyo chapter would seem nice. Wonder how everything's going with Reisen gone?
Madness?

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 09:17:44 PM »
Eirin paced around the room at Eientei. This made the fourth morning since Reisen had disappeared during Mokou and Kaguya's last fight. She still hadn't returned, which was the worrying thing, given that normally she wouldn't leave Eientei except to deliver medicine or to chase down Tewi (troublesome prankster that she was) when she went off to play tricks on people.
Kaguya sat there watching Eirin' constant pacing. "Are you really that worried about her?"
"Are you really not?"
"Of course I'm worried. Not to the extent that you are, obviously. She'll find her way back, wherever she is."
"It's been four days. No matter where in Gensokyo she went to she should have been back by now."
"...Maybe she... Uh..." Kaguya tried to think of something to say that would reassure Eirin she'd get back alright. But... "...I've got nothing."
Eirin simply shook her head. "We have got to find her, Kaguya."
"I know..."
Just then there was a knock on the door, and in came someone dressed in reds and whites.
... Neither Eirin or Kaguya had expected her to appear, apparently.
"What're you two sitting around looking mopey for?"
After a moment of surprise, Eirin spoke up.
"Udonge's been missing since a few days ago."
"Now that's something. Didn't expect her to be sneaking off."
"She wouldn't, nor normally. She hasn't been back or sent word since last time you two fought."
"Well, the hell're you two sitting around here for? Got to go find her, yeah?"
... Eirin and Kaguya glanced at one another. Mokou was certainly not the first, nor even the last, person that either of them expected to suggest something like that.
"...Oh fine, I'll do it myself." With that, Mokou turned and strode right out the door back into the forest and began her search from the ground. She wasn't too likely to spot anyone from the air as is. Kaguya was right on her heels, Eirin following behind...

(Hopefully that was alright... And hopefully not too short. It looked longer from the post box I swear. >>
Edit: ALSO, do tell me how well I'm writing these characters. Or... It would be nice at least.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:22:10 PM by Orphea.Russ »

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 07:55:37 PM »
(WELL, I'm still overdue for updates, and Keine has decided I will do that instead of being lazy and playing games.
... Maybe she just doesn't want to get beat up in IN, I dunno.
But all unrelatedness aside, MALL TIME)

"Alright, up with you, we're going shopping." Reisen felt repeated poking, until she finally groaned, rolled over on to her side and opened her eyes.
"Shopping...?"
"That's right. I won't have you sitting around with just the one outfit. That and while I'm at it I may as well buy some more food and supplies..." Lily stared at the wall for a moment, chewing on her finger... Then turned, picked up the notepad off the floor, and the pencil next to it, and started listing things off. "Hmn... Yeah, more turkey... And I should get some more milk... Noodles might be good too..." She went on like this for a few minutes while Reisen got ready, including picking out a hat to hide her ears. It wasn't going to be particularly comfortable, but necessary. Then she managed to find a pair of sunglasses... While she probably wouldn't need it, what with the hat, she probably -would- need it to hide her rather odd-colored eyes. For here at least. but, still, once she was ready, she prodded Lily in the back, satisfied when she jumped. "Hey, what was that for?"
"Poking me awake."
"... Fair enough."
Lily and Reisen both left the bedroom, though Reisen stole a glance at the clock. It was only around 10:20 in the morning. That was fine. It was only maybe a half an hour earlier than she was used to, delivering medicine for Eirin and so forth. Though now that she thought about it, Eirin was probably having to rely on Tewi's rabbits now... It wasn't a thought that sat well with her, but given her current situation there wasn't much she could do about it, was there?
The pair made their way to the front door, and Lily stepped into a pair of boots without breaking stride, removing the keys from their spot on the wall. The door swung open silently, and Reisen was waved out first.
As it happened, her decision to put on sunglasses was probably a good one. Lily held up a hand to shield her face from the sun as she stepped outside, apparently more bothered by it than Reisen was. But that wasn't too important, and Lily turned around to lock the door before jumping off the raised platform they'd stepped out on to, safely landing on the concrete. Reisen went for the steps, and followed Lily out the gate, closing it behind her.
"It's not that far, should take us only about a half hour's walk to get there. Ought to be fairly quiet, anyone out here is probably driving..."
"You're going to do an hour's walk, half of that while carrying bags, in those, during the summer?" She gestured to the pair of laced-up boots Lily was wearing.
"Uh... Yeah."
"... You're strange."
"That's rather funny, coming from you."
"Pfft. Only because we're in your world."
"Honestly, I do it because I don't like driving."
Reisen simply shook her head, and they both continued walking. It was mostly quiet, the cars driving down the street aside.
"... So what's it like, where you live?"
"Eh? Well... There's nothing... Complex, like this stuff," She gestured towards the road and the vehicles on it, "And everything is... Magic, or close to it."
"Huh. So everything's still all... Old-style, then. Sounds like fun."
"Fun? I suppose you could call it that, though it's a little rough for humans like yourself..."
"I can imagine..."

The both of them walked the rest of the way to the store without much more conversation, other than Lily explaining a few places to Reisen when she asked.
"... When you said it was a store I wasn't expecting something so large."
"I take it most of the stores where you come from are usually small, then."
"Mostly." Lily nodded and started inside, pulling a basket from the pile not far from the entrance. "Let me know if you see something you like."

(Okay yeah, that's more than long enough for now, I think. I still owe you guys three more of these, you know.)

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 04:11:43 PM »
Eheheheh...Finally got around to reading a bit.
It's got a very different feel than my writing does. Most definitely.
Will read more later. No real opinion yet though...

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 01:32:20 AM »
("And now, the conclusion..."
Also, not responsible for hours lost on TVTropes as a result of links.
Also yes dialogue wall I didn't write this at 4 AM be thankful you got anything at all)

A good couple of hours or so later the pair exited the store, each carrying close to four or five bags.
"Jeez... Longest shopping trip ever, I swear."
"Sorry... Just that there's so much -stuff-..."
"Well yeah, that's kind of the point. One spot to get as much as you need... 'Cept, doesn't always work like that. There's a lot of stuff that you can't get from there."
"Like what?"
"Well, they don't sell the kind of paint I like to buy, or the glue I use, or the books I read..."
"Sounds like they're missing a lot."
"Yyyep."

Silence fell for a moment.

"... So you're an artist then?"
"Hum? How'd you get that?"
"Well, you mentioned paint..."
"Oh. Well, sort of... It's more of a hobby than anything."
"Ah."
Then, Lily stopped suddenly. When Reisen noticed, she turned to look.
"... Hm?"
"I thought I heard my name."
"Did you..?"

A pause.

"... iiiiillllyyyy!"
"Kyaa!"
Suddenly, a girl came out of nowhere and glomped Lily. Reisen for one was utterly confused, while Lily just seemed (very) surprised.
"Liiilyyy, I haven't seen you in days! What happened? Did you go to the hospital? Or, or, or maybe..."
"Jeez, Mai, chill out. I've just... Been a little busy."
"A little busy? You haven't returned my calls since you went on that fishing trip!..."
Then, as if just noticing (which she probably was), the brown-haired girl turned to look at Reisen, who was still staring in bewilderment.
"... Lily, who's that strange girl and why is she staring at us and why does she have bunny ears on."
"That's, um... That's Reisen, and the ears... They're a thing."
"... Is she one of those people who dress up as characters and stuff?!"
"... Yeah, let's go with that."
"Cool!"
Were this an anime, both Lily and Reisen would have sweatdropped. Perhaps fortunately, this isn't.

"... Hey Mai? Can I ask you something?"
"Huh? Sure, what is it?"
"Can you get off of me now?"

A silent moment passed while 'Mai' realized she was, indeed, on top of Lily. In the middle of the sidewalk, no less.
"...... Awawawa!" She jumped off blushing while Lily sat up and started gathering the grocery bags, handing one to Mai.
"Here, make yourself useful."
"O-okay..."
With that the trio started moving towards Lily's house, though Mai was mostly following along.
"So, what's with her outfit?"
"What's wrong with her outfit...?"
"Oh, nothing, I was just wondering."
"It's called personal taste, Mai."
"... Right. Sorry. I'll stop prying. So why were you two out at this time anyways? I thought you didn't like the sun."
"I don't, but I do need to eat, you know."
"Oh right. So I guess we're going to your place?"
Lily gave an exaggerated sigh. "What do you think?"
"Umm... Yes?"
"I'm not even going to answer."
The rest of the walk was mostly uneventful with Mai prying about Reisen, even though she could have just asked her. When they reached the house, Mai opened the gate and door, being the only one with free hands, and Lily put away groceries while Mai and Reisen played together on the PS3. Not that she minded, they were after all both guests, so she wouldn't have any of it if they'd tried to help. Once she was done she joined them in rocket-powered destruction.

(I'm stopping before I waste the rest of the night typing up ten pages of this.
Also, I lied, no conclusion to this yet. Sorry.)

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 07:33:42 AM »
Were this an anime, both Lily and Reisen would have sweatdropped. Perhaps fortunately, this isn't.

Whaddya mean its not an anime?
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »
(Oh look I finally got around to actually touching this again. Whee.)

"It's been two whole days, Eirin. We haven't found any sign of her. There's nothing more we can do from here."
"Then we go somewhere we -can- do something!"
"Look, I know you're worried about her, but there's nothing we can do right now. We've looked everywhere."

Silence fell over the clearing in the bamboo forest, just outside the small structure that Mokou called her home. "It's not much," she'd said, "but it's home." All three of them sat around the small fire that she'd made for them. The warmth was only vaguely comforting, though.

"... Hey, wait a sec'. Isn't there that place Morichika gets his stuff from? Yukari goes there too, right?"
"What's your point, miss Fujiwara?"
"Well, all I'm sayin' is, random as this place is, maybe she's out there or something. It's not impossible, right?"
"I suppose not, but the odds of her being there are--"
"Jeez, think of where you are for a minute, Eirin. Could be Yukari's doin', for all we know."
"... As much as I hate to admit it, Eirin, the girl has a point. Even if Yukari doesn't have reasons... does she ever?"
"... I understand. I imagine she's quite pleased with causing me an inconvenience yet again."
A pause. She glanced up at the stars for a moment.
"... very well. I'll depart for the Outside tomorrow morn."
"Great, I'll meet you outside the forest."
"What makes you think you're coming?" She glanced at Kaguya, noting the look in her eyes. "Or either of you, for that matter?"
"Well, duh. You're gonna' need our help to look for her, yeah? Besides, there's a better chance of noticing us if there's more of us she recognizes."
"You're just so full of ideas tonight, aren't you?"
"Shame to admit it, isn't it?"
"A-hem. Children, please."

Mokou simply shrugged and stood up, extinguishing the fire.
"Yeah, yeah, 'm going. See ya' in the morning."
Kaguya followed her example wordlessly, turning to leave for Eientei without a word. Eirin went to follow, before glancing back at the door.
"... miss Fujiwara."
"Eh? Somethin' up?"
"Thank you for your help. I understand it can be difficult to work with Kaguya, given your history."
"... 's really just a formality at this point, I think."

"... I see. Good night, miss Fujiwara."
"Yeah, evenin' and all of that."
The door slid shut, and Eirin followed Kaguya back to the mansion.

"Heey... Lilyyyyy. Can we have dessert?"
"Haven't you had enough to eat yet? You're a bottomless pit, I swear..."
"But Lilyyy, I want a treat..."
"... oh don't give me that look. I will pinch you."
Reisen snickered slightly at the exchange. It was entertaining to watch the two of them interact. They were friends, that much was clear. Yet at the same time they bickered incessantly.
Dinner had been a simple meal of steamed rice, shredded cheese, and pork cooked with a couple cans of what read "Cream of Celery"... as much as it was awkward to admit it, Lily knew her way around her meals.
"... fine, I guess I can spare some cake."
"Yay! Sugar for everyone!"
"Yeah, yeah... makes up half your friggin' diet, I swear..."
"Is that even healthy, Lily-san..?"
"I doubt it. Not that she cares."
"How mean! I eat healthy stuff too..."
"Only when I cook it for you."
"That's 'cause yours is the best, dummy!"
Lily didn't respond, instead just pulling the quarter-eaten minicake out of the fridge and serving the three of them each a generous portion.
It was promptly devoured without a second thought.

... or at least, Mai's was. She glanced at the other two, awed that they hadn't finishd yet.
"Wow, you two eat so slow!"
"No, we just eat. You inhale. I mean really, did you even taste it?"
"Sure I did! It tasted like... uh... chocolate... and cake... and sugar... and chocolate..."
The red-eyed rabbit giggled a little bit, as Lily's palm hit her face in mock frustration.
"Well, whatever... Mai, go have the couch."
"Eh? But where's she gonna' sleep?"
"In bed, of course."
"... then where are you gonna' sleep?"
"The floor, of course."
"Oh, nuh-uh, none of that!"
She simply turned to glare at Mai, who felt a sudden shiver down her spine.
"... um, of course, if you say so, Lily!"

(Whee. And now I go sleep.)

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 12:44:54 AM »
Read all in one go, that was quite entertaining! Yet still clueless to why Reisen has been sent to the real world...

Anyway update moar plz, hopefully we won't have to wait 6 months this time :D

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 01:08:17 AM »
Yet still clueless to why Reisen has been sent to the real world...
The thing is, I don't know what it is either! At least, not yet.

Of course I could just be saying this to keep you guessing.
Not that it's likely.
And yeah no, no six-month wait this time, I swear. I'm trying to work on the next one as is. =x=;

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 07:51:59 AM »
(... Well, it hasn't been six months, at any rate! Hopefully it's not too disappointing of an update.)

Lily noted that it was bright.
Much too bright for her living room, in fact.
Then she opened her eyes and found that, indeed, she was not lying on the living room floor. Rather, she was lying on a particularly comfortable bed of tall grass. In the middle of a very flat field.

... Slowly, she pushed herself up to a sitting position and pondered what exactly had happened, because she didn't know of a place like this anywhere near where she lived... Which meant she was most likely dreaming. ...yes, she had to be. It was the only logical conclusion.

"Oh,  you've finally come to."

The voice came seemingly from everywhere around her, and sounded almost foreign, but she couldn't place where from. Not that she expected herself to be able to; but it was still a little disappointing. More concerning was the fact that the voice didn't seem to have a point of origin, but this train of thought was quickly ground to a halt when a rip in the ground appeared, a red and blue ribbon tying it together at opposite ends, and a woman hopped out from inside of it. She stared up at the woman in surprise, and her stare was returned by an equally unflinching, yet almost analytical gaze.

"Mm... Yes, you'll do quite nicely for this task, I think."
"... task? What do you mean? Who are you?"
The other woman simply chuckled. "All excellent questions, but I think you know the answer to the last one already. The rabbit's told you a bit about me, as I hear it."
"Then... you must be Yakumo."
The woman's parasol shifted to rest on her shoulder, and she clapped slowly, in mock praise. "Quite correct. As for what I mean, well, you'll know soon enough. Your guest's friends are on their way to the place you call Japan, to look for her. Take her there; you'll know them when you see them." She wanted to reply, to fire off all of the questions she had to ask, but before she could so much as open her mouth, the woman was waving goodbye. "Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your new gift!" And then she fell, quite literally, through a gap in the ground.

Yukari hopped back out of the gap into her familiar bedroom... and not a moment too soon, as Ran knocked on the doorframe and stuck her head in. "Yukari-sama, you have visitors. From the moon incident." Yukari was half tempted to reply with a snide Which one?, but refrained from doing so, instead seating herself on the futon, gesturing for Ran to bring them in. Her shikigami nodded and hurried back to the front door.

A moment later, the expected Lunarian arrived at her bedroom door; Eirin knocked on the doorframe much as Ran had, more for the formality of it than anything. "Miss Yukari. Myself, the princess, and Fujiwara are departing for the Outside. Given as you've... traveled there on occasion, I was hoping you might have a few suggestions for us."
"Well, Eirin, you're the last person I expected to come to me for advice. Shopping trip, maybe? No, you have an assistant for such things.. Stopping another invasion of the moon, perha--"
"Yakumo. You know very well why I am here, so give me what advice you care to offer and let us be done with this."
Yukari frowned at the use of her last name by this particular woman, as well as the very particular sharpness in her voice. "... very well, very well. I'll provide you with appropriate clothing and a token amount of funds as a gift. As for your assistant, I've sent her to meet you, her... friend, should have her there within a couple of days. You'll know when you see them."
Eirin nodded her thanks, and with that, turned on her heel to leave.
"... Yagokoro."
... And then she stopped in her tracks. "...what is it?"
"I didn't send your pet there. As cruel as I can be, were it my doing I would have told you her whereabouts long before now."
"And what does that matter to me? You knew where she was the entire time regardless and you still did not notify me even while I was searching Gensokyo for her."
As much as she wanted to, Yukari couldn't exactly argue the doctor's point in that line. So instead she simply sighed, waving her off.

When Eirin returned outside, Mokou quickly got to her feet, while Kaguya had been leaning against the wall of the structure during the brief time Eirin was inside. Before she could say anything, a folded set of clothing for each of them literally gapped themselves in place of their usual outfits. Eirin and Kaguya glanced over their new outfits, partly in surprise at being swapped out of their familiar clothing so quickly and into these foreign pieces. Mokou, on the other hand, merely seemed surprised at how it looked more than anything else. "Gotta' say, she coulda' picked worse... oh, and you two look kinda' good too."
"Jeez, Mokou, who went and made you king of fashion?"
"Hey, I'm still a girl, y'know."
"Ah, but, you're wearing a boy's clothing."
"And you're not wearing a princess dress, are  you?"
Eirin cleared her throat rather loudly, silencing the both of them. "Children. We have places to be."

Nao

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 06:07:48 AM »
Your story is interesting!
I wanna read next chapter.