"RGSS104E.dll not found."
EDIT: I downloaded the RTP and got the game to work. Here's what I have so far:
- A spellcheck could do wonders. Even the .exe file's name is misspelled, and there are typos everywhere.
- This may be just a personal preference, but I'd like the action button to be Z rather than C/spacebar
- Any way to zoom the game in more?
- Good old RPG Maker default combat is sluggish and uninspiring, especially now that I only have one character. Any way to improve it?
- There's this graphical error: http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/Koakoa/wut-1.png
On the plus side, I'm really enjoying the music and interested in the story.
EDIT No. 2: Here are some other issues.
A level-up message would be nice.
Just noticed the message. Sorry, I'm a Yoshika-level derp. Still, the level-up could be more noticeable.
- So would info on item and skill effects.
- How about some teleporter items? Or maybe even maps?
- The amount of damage venom makes seems ludicrous.
- Marisa has tons of MP, yet starts with no skills? Seems like a waste.
- Returning to combat once more, since the options are so limited there's no real strategy when it comes to battle. A bunch of varying skills would help a lot.
- The difference between Reimu and Marisa's HP and MP at this point is rather noticeable.
Hope I'm not being too critical.
EDIT 3: Could you make the encounter rates less...random? As in, you can take at least ten steps after a battle without risking bumping right into another monster.
- Agreeing with Blabla on the purple shadows, they are a pain to fight and a pain to run away from. (speaking of running away, how about a "failed to run away"-message?
- When I spoke to Kourin again, it showed Reimu's portrait during the whole discussion. Also, when I asked him about skill enchanting equipment (can't remember the exact wording?), the game borked and now I can't talk to Rinnosuke at all.
EDIT 5: The music sometimes plays for longer than it's supposed to (i.e. If I open a treasure chest and end up in combat afterwards, the fanfare still plays for a while.
Also, what's this The Flower Like the Fantasy-remix called? It's really pleasant.
EDIT 6: More sound effects, maybe?
Also, this is really minor, but the treasure chests have the same graphic whether opened or not.
EDIT 7 (and final): Well, can't figure out how to gather wood, so I'm stuck for now. Will continue if some kind soul informs me how it's done. Anyway, good luck with the project.