Author Topic: How many people know of this?  (Read 4083 times)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
How many people know of this?
« on: May 17, 2011, 06:43:54 PM »
Valkyrie Sky Gameplay

And opinions.. if you have them...

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: How many people know of this?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »
I'm sure people would have more to say if it were in the correct forum :derp:

EDIT: Moved to Akyu's Arcade.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 06:51:50 PM »
I'm sure people would have more to say if it were in the correct forum :derp:

EDIT: Moved to Akyu's Arcade.

Oh Well... I can't help reading everything all the times, I posted on instinct.. anyways.. Game seems long dead, even though.. someone from here might played it in the past... And Dead as in, the servers are closed for good...

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:52:17 PM »
We had a bunch of Valkyrie Sky players back in the day, yes.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »
Played it for a while. Twas okay and something different, at least.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:21:20 PM »
There was a lot of things that I didn't like. Specially the PVP.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »
Played it, got to lvl 5, quit. Too Korean for me.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
I thought this game was sweet, we had quite a few MoTK members playing back in the day, like you could log on at any time int he day and you'd expect to see like 4 on.
But after a few patches, the devs got greedy and added a VERY bullshit system of your equipment's maximum durability going down by 1-5 every time you repair it. Supposedly 1 if you repaired it a bit, and 5 if you repaired it from nearly broken. Everyone was pissed, many people quit right then and there. I stuck it out hoping they'd realize what a dumb fuck decision that was.

Next patch, patch notes, maximum durability loss during repairs has been reduces. Fugging sweet I think, still, not gone altogether, but whatever, at least they're willing to learn.
*repairs an item that's maybe 3/4 healthy still*
*loses 12 maximum durability (out of 50)*
FUCK THIS SHIT *quits*.

When an MMO dies, does it become legal to host servers of your own for free after or something? Do you have to wait 15 years for it to be open source? How does that work? I rekon if MoTK could host its own server now without those shitty durability rules, we'd have some happy members again.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 08:31:46 PM »
It became boring quick. Even if I actually liked the idea but... it was easier solo than in a party.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 09:46:35 PM »

When an MMO dies, does it become legal to host servers of your own for free after or something? Do you have to wait 15 years for it to be open source? How does that work? I rekon if MoTK could host its own server now without those shitty durability rules, we'd have some happy members again.
15 years for the patents (i.e you can emulate), but they only cover the game engine.
Might be able to emulate a server but using it might break your licence to use the client. (depending on what was in it's EULA).
Graphics, text, sound will still be copyright (i.e. 75 years), that includes right to modify them or make copies. (i.e. you can't distribute clients, or you have to give them new graphics etc.)

You can point  the client to another server after 15 years of being dead though.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »
It became boring quick. Even if I actually liked the idea but... it was easier solo than in a party.

Sounds like you didn't get far, though admittedly you can play for a respectable amount and still find this to be true. I think it was level 35ish or so when dungeons start to be easier to group, at least that is the case for me as a bowman. Dugeons started throwing enemies that weren't 1 shot squishy at the bottom of the screen, and making them STAY there (shooting up to boot).. Bowmen, who can only shoot up.. yeah, they were a major pain solo, you could NOT fly under them, they were hugging the bottom. Also, dungeons also had huge amounts of very beefy enemies that wouldn't go away after a rotation or so, making them add up. I could manage to kill them before things became overwhelming as the super good dpsing bowman, but I rekon a soloing mage or swordswoman would be crapping their pants.

The game really was too easy for a long time though, I don't think there was really any challenge until that crocodile boss (who was actually quite difficult).

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »
Well MotK has a RO server, and that game is still alive, so why not, I guess?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »
Well MotK has a RO server, and that game is still alive, so why not, I guess?

Yeah, I'm totally clueless as to the legality and effort of doing such a thing. Valkarie sky interest on MoTK seemed pretty high back before the whole max durability loss thing though. I'm also clueless as to the difficulties/feasibility of actually being able to host a server that would disable that crummy feature. But I th ink it's worth considering if possible.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 06:40:29 AM »
It's 100% impossible (and I have several pserv projects I'm working on).  You need to have a working server to have a model to reverse engineer, without it you have no idea how x or y is supposed to really work on the inside.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »
The game was perfectly fine before something disastrous happened and they started introducing stuff that
A ) was terrible for a game that touted itself as a "shmup MMO"
and B ) introduced a ridiculously arbitrary power creep

y u nt developing yogurting

I actually enjoyed playing that lol

Yogurting was disgustingly adorabubble.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 12:06:48 AM »
y u nt developing yogurting

I actually enjoyed playing that lol
Is the Thai server still up?  Suzuran had half of the packets reversed and got as far as actually getting the client to login when ADD struck and we forgot about it.  I still have access to the old wiki etc.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »
All Pangya pservs are leaked official server binaries.  I am not touching them with a ten foot pole.  Plus I like the challenge of reinventing the wheel sometimes :b

As for YG I'll see if I can get the client this weekend and take some cracks at it.