Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 75269 times)

Ouja

• Ouja
Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »
Good God
Yes Kyon, I think all three of you are scum and the amount of BS that came out of this post confirms my light read.
-just says I'm scum without reasoning.
-takes my exact point about Mai and twists it because she's taking his side or whatever
-his responses to John Cage don't flow and don't even make sense. Like the Prinny comment. What does that mean?!  I only say it looks like he stops addressing John's post because in the same paragraph he talks about himself.
-makes pokes at Monoe without explaining the thought process. That totally not easy to do and adds nothing the game.

No the one case thing is not my only read on Anon. Add with that a misrep on me from earlier and getting the posts from everyone and not ever doing anything about it despite implying he would do something, which leaves him looking "helpful" without him doing anything.

I'm so glad that people read these posts I write.  Chiose and Protoman when I have more time.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »
"My partner?!" do I see a scumslip!?!?
Now to figure out who the he'll you are

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #332 on: May 10, 2011, 01:41:15 PM »
*facepalm*

Copy the post, save it on a notepad document, delete everything on that post, wait for a mod to delete it, then repost it on your anon account and wait for a mod to rearrange it. Preferably if you talk to the mod right now.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #333 on: May 10, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »
Protoman thinks that is Gumshoe. Sailor Moon should answer Protoman's question sooner. Protoman is thinking now that he has had his Mirco Bits, part of a complete breakfast.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »

Does this look townie to anybody? If S/M had a tendency to joke around, then I'd excuse this, but this just seems like serious super opportunistic jumping. And yes, that should be Gumshoe.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2011, 01:49:57 PM »
And if that's anyone besides gumshoe, what do you think I'd say?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2011, 01:52:06 PM »
Yare yare.
Is it just me, or is this highly reminiscent of Sailor Moon's first three posts where she tried to push a lynch on me for having quoted the mod?
I wonder how long it'll be until Haruhi realizes I'm missing.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #337 on: May 10, 2011, 01:53:49 PM »
Obviously that was a scumsclip and he is scum, and revealed himself. His partners are likely Kilgamayan and Suwako and this is a bastard mod game. Stop changing the subject.

Let Protoman put this another way. Sailor Moon should already have an answer for Protoman's question. Sailor Moon should have been able to provide the answer she had when Sailor Moon said at the end of Day 1 that people should look into Protoman. The longer Sailor Moon takes to provide an answer to something she should already know the less confortable Protoman feels about you.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2011, 01:54:26 PM »
And if that's anyone besides gumshoe, what do you think I'd say?
And if it is Dick Gumshoe? After all, who is the only person that has been referring to a partner throughout D2, and is also a confirmed hydra?
I should get out of here before Haruhi comes after me. Be back whenever.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2011, 01:59:08 PM »
Protoman please wait I don't have time or the resources to gather you case so that will be in ~8 hours.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »
The post has been removed. All other clarification will be left to the player.

Combo Breaker has about 5 minutes before they go kaputski.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2011, 02:13:15 PM »
Also, since no one has more than 4 votes, the lynch threshold will drop to 7 votes at 10:15 (assuming CB doesn't show up). Keep that in mind, even if I don't post again until lunch.

Back to work!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2011, 02:32:12 PM »
People ignoring me completely is going a long way in making me not want to care about this game anymore.

I know it was posted within a giant wall, but everybody who has been on the Light wagon needs to answer my bolded / underlined question, regardless of whether or not they read the actual post.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #343 on: May 10, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »
Battle routine set. Execute!

Oh don't be such a fuddy duddy. Protoman really has been thinking about it. Walking helps clear Protoman's logic circuits.

##Unvote

##Vote CATS

Oh Sailor Moon, Protoman isn't going to wait any longer. What he's been getting at all along is simple. I don't think you can give me an answer because I don't think you have one. I think you were flailing and randomly throwing out whoever's name came to mind regardless of what you actually thought of them because you thought you were already dead. The thing is, why would any townie do that? It's a thought process that doesn't make sense from town perspective. Protoman thinks it makes much more sense as the last words of a dying virus trying to throw one last bout of confusion out. Your latching attack onto Anonymous the next day seems like you lashing out in an effort to hide having to live up to your own words. If you really thought I was suspicious somehow I think you would have brought it up by now on your own instead of needing me to prod you. It's been what, two days? Not impressed.

To answer Gumshoe about why Protoman would ask CATS about Chitose without mentioning Chitose himself, that is how Protoman ROLLS. 8) But really the answer has to do with what CATS was doing. CATS was analyzing the Prinny wagon. CATS remembered to mention everyone else on the wagon, including people he thought were town. Why would CATS forget one person? It could be CATS forgot he existed, except CATS forgetting Chitose makes less sense then anyone because Chitose tried to make a case on him earlier. Town thought patterns tend to notice people that attack them more then anything else. It's the only time you can guarentee your target is attacking someone you know is town! Forgetting someone that attacked you exists.. no, going as far as to never mention someone that voted for you in two days strikes Protoman as suspicious. So Protoman wants answers. Also there's this line from Chitose in his first vote against CATS that makes him raise his shades and rub his eyes.
What you say!  CATS may be my friend for the day, but going for the easiest target in the game for his uncertainty while ignoring the far more juicier stuff in people like Mai and Kyon smacks of active lurking (for now).
Protoman thinks Gumshoe already pointed out how hypocritical the case itself is. Chitose has also had plenty of time to follow up on CATS by now and he never has. Protoman doesn't think CATS has stopped doing the things Chitose voted him for in the first place. Protoman thinks Chitose should also look at CATS's posts and tell us if he is stil bad and would vote for him.

Protoman has looked over SOS Slave Boy today and decided Slave Boy sounds different, but is well-spoken derp. Protoman doesn't want to kill and mangle him. Protoman still believes Boku no Kira could be suspicious, but if Protoman is looking from wagon analysis these three, Moon, Chitose, CATS are the three that stick out to him. Protoman thinks that if either Sailor Moon or CATS is a virus then Chitose should get free cement shoes to go with them. Protoman will vote for any of the three of them to secure a lynch. He would still vote for Light as well.

And to answer Monoe? It's because you proposed it in the first place and you're not on the wagon. Limiting our potential viruses based on probability is foolish. Let's pretend this is the magical world where Monoe could possibly be a virus again and his partners are say, Light and Kyon. Even if there was one other actual virus on the wagon you'd reduce us to a one in eight chance of picking the right target. Until Protoman sees proof that Sailor Moon was not also a Town wagon Protoman can't clear Navis on that basis alone.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #344 on: May 10, 2011, 04:34:41 PM »
@Protoman:

I have to say that bolding a piece of flavor is quite huh.  And again, how do you follow up on a person who isn't there to respond to you at all on Day One?  By D2, the reasons for me voting CATS was already quite implicit;  I did talk about CATS briefly here, and the only thing I said was that his latest post wasn't much more than a report of yesterday's actions with a typical Kyon vote.  He is certainly still bad, but since I can return to him anytime with a sentence or two (as he stands now), there are better places to put my vote.

Also, this sort of associative scum-finding is pretty dubious, no matter how sparse the interactions between me and the others seem; I would prefer if you were to give more concrete points to suspecting the three you find scummy, rather than just looking at relations (unless you find CATS being scummy as implicit as I do).  Seems like a rather awkward way to jettison of Light when you have nothing to say about his previous post.

Also, my CATS vote was not hypocritical because I was voting him for not talking about anyone except Prinny, when I have voted for everyone else.  It's not so much easy targets btw.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #345 on: May 10, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
Protoman thinks you can follow up now. Protoman doesn't like the way you are still pretending to be looking at CATS when Protoman doesn't feel you have any intent to vote for him anymore. What do you think of CATS post #321? CATS was here and this was all he left us with. Protoman doesn't want to hear what you thought yesterday. What do you think right now? I can return to him if I want is not good enough. And Protoman means it was hypocritical because you also avoided the far more jucier stuff in Kyon and Mai. You focused on Kyon and Comedian. You waited quite a few hours to touch on Mai.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #346 on: May 10, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »
Combo Breaker has been modkilled for inactivity. Their flip will come at the end of the game day.

Kyon (4): Monoe, John Cage, The Comedian, Sailor Moon, CATS
Light Yagami (2): Protoman.EXE, Mr. Crocker, Kyon, Chitose Karasuma, John Cage
CATS (1): Anonymous, Protoman.EXE
Sailor Moon (4): Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, Anonymous, Kyon
Chitose Karasuma (1): Dick Gumshoe
Mai Tokiha (1): Chitose Karasuma

No vote cast: No one!

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. You have about 31 hours to vote.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #347 on: May 10, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »
Oh Protoman missed that one sentence. One moment. No, Protoman still doesn't think this is good enough. Protoman wants you to actually go into detail and restate what you think of CATS completely. Protoman encourages you to help throw CATS off a bridge. Protoman thinks you are less suspicious but more slippery then CATS.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #348 on: May 10, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
Well, first, I'm courting headache mode again which isn't a good thing, but I'll try my best to catch up from my last post including Gumshoe's case on Chitose. Hmm...reading it, it's not half bad though I can see at least two things that are wrong, because the flow was actually about what I'd expect. I'll let Chitose defend.

Comedian is wrong about reads without reasoning, but I don't think it makes him scum.

Chitose, what are your current thoughts on Moon? I might have missed them

Monoe, am I correct in concluding you want a Moon lynch over a Light lynch? Because...honestly, I'm pretty swayed by your words and agree a lot of good information can be drawn from her lynch, and that she has a higher than average chance of being scum. I admit I skimmed your post in my previous reply. I still feel Light is scum and I do want to echo Crocker's question about where all his "cases" are.

Kyon 300: Why is Light a better lynch than Sailor Moon given what Monoe has said?

Sailor Moon's post makes her lynch an even more interesting prospect. In fact, it makes a lot of things more interesting prospects. It also renews the value of a Light lynch.

Crocker: What do you think of the information value of a Moon lynch over a Light one? Moon is likely to flip scum, I think.

Actually, Anon, why are you doing the exact same thing Moon did by ignoring a reasonable request? While she might look bad, I still wouldn't mind seeing actual cases on at least three people to see where you stand. You have Moon, at least, but who else is scum? Everything else is just vague and almost reportery.

Protoman, you believe Sailor Moon to be town?

Comedian, actually, there's another reason for reads without reasoning, usually reaction fishing. And that can be a VALUABLE town tool.

Anon has a point about S/M's lack of vote after so firmly declaring Anon scum

Light's 319: Oh, hey, actual content mostly defending himself. I'll give you at least partial credit on Moon's post, Not sure how I feel about your example seeing as it's really the only one you can point to, and finally, the NK analysis point is a fallacy because while there ARE a lot of explanations, you can pare things down by applying logic to it. NK analysis isn't useless, especially when the general attitude is WIFOM. But, again, I'm dropping this til we have a scum flip.

CATS, what about Sailor Moon's behavior today? Are you planning to read the day more in depth? Because this is kind of getting to be too little too late.

Mm, pretty sure Chitose is misrepping Mai, but I'm not certain. It'd be better to let Mai prove her wrong anyway.

The partner shit on page 12 confuses the hell out of me.

Why vote CATS when you seem to be strongly saying Sailor Moon is scum, Protoman?

ALL RIGHT! Caught up and going to totally vote Sailor Moon now

##Unvote, Vote Sailor Moon

I still want Light dead, I kind of want Kyon dead, I think Anonymous dying wouldn't be a bad thing...probably same with CATS. But, I feel Sailor Moon is at the least going to give us the most information regardless of alignment, and is probably scum as well.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #349 on: May 10, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »
Protoman changed his mind about Sailor Moon around post #308. Cage can tell Protoman if he thinks Protoman's reasoning is wrong or not in post #343, on Moon or Chitose or CATS. Protoman is interested in hearing Cage's opinion on his post. Sailor Moon has enough votes that one more would let her panic hammer and either alignment of Sailor Moon seems like she might do that. Protoman agrees the deletion would be very interesting right now. Protoman has reconsidered Light as well. If Protoman is following this reasoning, Boku no Kira's thoughts match with his own and he should be town. Protoman could be horribly wrong but the flips Protoman wants would help understand what side is correct.

The partner talk is about Gumshoe. He accidentally his post because he posted with the wrong account. Gumshoe mentioned his partner because he is a hydra. The rest should be clearer. Gumshoe said he was suspicious of Protoman for asking CATS about Chitose without mentioning Chitose himself, that is where Protoman's answer to Gumshoe comes from. 

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
You know what?  I want your scummy behinds to hammer me because I've reached a point where no matter what I do for the rest of this game I can be always called back on as scum by anyone, have valid points I make in my train wrecks of posts handwaved away and quite frankly me posting what I'm saying now is what made that 22 hour delay. Everyone make your stances on 3 OTHER people and stop all fucking around on me. Yes I'm "scum" like you all want to think and I've debated with myself all of today if this is the right thing to do. It is. My death will lead mofos to actually making cases so that's the best I can leave town with.

Sorry I screwed this game way up.

I still feel there's something wrong about Protoman and that Light/Kyon/Anon are all my picks for scum.

I will not self hammer.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #351 on: May 10, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
I would prefer a Sailor Moon lynch to a Light lynch, yes. I don't think she's as awful as Kyon or CATS, though.

Protoman, I want people to hunt on the Prinny wagon because I believe the manner in which it ended up as the D1 lynch had scum intent. Probability has nothing to do with it.

I'll try to re-read Chitose tonight, but I'm pretty much in a slump right now in terms of motivation, so who knows. The Combo modkill hasn't exactly helped.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #352 on: May 10, 2011, 10:08:47 PM »
Now would be a bad time to get down when Protoman is trying to work with Monoe's theory. Protoman is even likely to listen to things Monoe says some more. Protoman will appreciate Monoe teleporting back to check on Chitose. Protoman doesn't remember anyone named Combo Breaker existing so Monoe shouldn't worry about it either. Forget the silent Navis. Those of us here can search with the courage of one hundred and ten million townies!

Oh well if you say you won't I guess I can trust you Sailor Moon so I'll Vote- no wait..
The best you can leave town with is your cases. If you are town and you know you're about to be confirmed as town after we delete you, you screw up even worse by giving up and going silent. I'll personally be upset because I'm also town and you not clarifying what my mystical badness is will make me look bad for no reason.

If you're a virus though feel free to get deleted silently.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2011, 10:47:38 PM »
I don't see what's scummy about wanting to drive Sailor Scum to the gallows Chitose.

Here is my preferred lynch order at the moment:

SCUM

Sailor Scum
-
-
Anonymous
Light
Comedian
Crocker
-
Monoe
CATS
Combo Breaker
-
Gumshoe
-
Chitose
-
-
John Cage
Protoman
Kyon

TOWN

Note 1: This list is subject to change as I see fit. It is only an accurate representation of my feelings at this point in time.
Note 2: The dashes indicate separation between levels of suspicion.

Now, discuss and ask questions. Let's squeeze some discussion and reads out of today before we lynch. It'll help us going into tomorrow.

Posting your own list is good too, but I understand not everyone wants to do them.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #354 on: May 10, 2011, 10:52:16 PM »
... You know, provoking Monoe and doing stuff like that isn't making me think much better of you.  You seem to try too hard.  Yes I am beyond extremely demotivated to play because when I do, I get half of the stuff you people should be answering thrown back in my face or ignored.  You clearing Light in your last post is such bullshit I don't even.  What is so hard about getting back to Monoe about your case on Light, any of you?  Is it really that difficult.  It is just such a demotivationalizer, and Protoman saying we shouldn't worry about what is 98.9% a townie freaking getting modkilled because our fellow players don't care enough to play a game they signed up for with us is a bitch slap in the face.  It's a huge bitch slap in the face to Kilga because really?  I'm pretty sure every single game played this year had to have a replace in or something and do we really feel like playing this game when crap like that happens? No.
I can almost feel scum intent behind the apathy you show for someone getting modkilled and I'm not just, "staying silent"  I told you 10 hours ago, I didn't have the time or resources to post then a quality case with points of reference and everything and since I've already played bad enough to "claim scum" people just right out ignored that.  Whoop ti freaking do is how I'm feeling right now.

I also love how you read my posts.  I placed a case on my 3 scum suspects.  I'll tell you right now it's a gut feeling I don't like about you, so that people will be wary and watch you later on when you have to play for your win con. and can't keep acting like a townie.  Your actions may seem right, but I don't like the source they are coming from which may play itself out to be something more sinister in un itself.

cut by: wow.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #355 on: May 10, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »
Why do people have to wait until after I send in my player guesses to derp-post?

I didn't even think you were playing.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #356 on: May 10, 2011, 10:57:45 PM »
And now we know why I take notes and submit guesses on the final day.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #357 on: May 11, 2011, 12:18:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've gotten every person wrong so far.

Protoman doesn't know where to begin. Protoman wasn't trying to provoke anyone but you. Protoman was trying to encourage Monoe with the power of the mightest number Okkusenman! Protoman thinks being called out for trying too hard and being apathetic in the same post is depressing. There is no benefit for us to be caught up in anger over someone being modkilled, especially one that never posted anything. We could mope around, bemoan our misfortune, or we could keep playing until the end! Protoman thinks the worst thing the Navis could do is use it as an excuse to hate to play. Protoman doesn't think Sailor Moon could find virus intent if it nightkilled her. Protoman isn't worried about later on because Protoman doesn't think he'll be here. Protoman can be town forever. His brilliance is a light that pierces the heavens. Sailor Moon seems to be a virus forever.

Mai, why is Crocker so low on your list? Can you explain what you don't like about him to Protoman?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #358 on: May 11, 2011, 12:42:25 AM »
People who are attacking Kyon go on my "Hmm" list.

People attacking Kyon with bad reasoning go on my scum list.

Kyon is an easy target for scum, and what could be perceived as an "easy mislynch."

That's why Crocker's high.

If Light flips scum, Crocker drops way down though.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #359 on: May 11, 2011, 12:52:46 AM »
Protoman assumes this means Mai thinks Crock Pot attacked SOS Slave Boy with bad reasoning? Can Mai find which post this happened in and explain why it was bad reasoning?

Oh and:
##Unvote
##Vote: Sailor Moon

Feel free to prove me wrong or right about deleting yourself.