Author Topic: Touhou Beta Informations  (Read 14314 times)

gabrielwoj

• Is that someone did a 2D Touhou?
Touhou Beta Informations
« on: May 20, 2011, 09:48:21 PM »
What is a Beta game?
R:We can consider beta games that changed into the development time (such as different HUD, removed stuff and others)

The Touhou games doesn't have much differences, but it have some HUD changes (as seen sometimes in ZUN BLOG)
Example: In the recent posts of ZUN on his blog, he said that Ten Desires appearance had changed a lot...
I'm sure when I was ripping Touhou games I found some unused stuff...

Touhou 6
As everyone knows, Rin Satsuki beta character... An unknown girl, with no any sprites...
Viewing in HEX code, it's possible to see some beta elements (spellcards and statistics)
Later, has been found a unknown mid-boss of Rumia's Stage (Stage 1), it's totally unknown about it...
Probably, it's Rin Satsuki beta sprite (probably would work like Touhou Imperishable Night, when you use Reimu or Marisa, Rin will come, if use as Rin, no boss would appear, my guess), or a beta sprite of Rumia:

An another beta information. Koakuma different color, probably would be used for extra stage:

Touhou 8
I don't remember to see this:

Tewi Inaba sprite as a portrait

After Touhou UFO
After Touhou UFO, every Touhou have Ufo soundeffects, but they are unused...

Thanks
Notice: If you find something, PM me, sending files here isn't allowed (sounds at least, images allowed)
Image on the Avatar by: xephonia-d35lvsi

Re: Touhou Beta Informations
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
Touhou 8

Here's why:

One problem:
I played Normal (on Trial mode of course) and it was too easy!
Probably the only Touhou that I will play as Hard (Yeah, I'm bad)

:V

gabrielwoj

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:27:12 PM »
Here's why:

:V
You got this on my other post!  :D
EDIT: I beat Th8 today on Normal, and I didn't saw anything!
Got it?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:00:52 PM »
Considering the sprite looks nothing like the Rin Satsuki cut-in, I always thought it was a beta Rumia sprite.
You got this on my other post!  :D
EDIT: I beat Th8 today on Normal, and I didn't saw anything!
Got it?

I take it you've never seen Tewi's last word?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 02:03:20 AM »
Quote from: gabrielwoj[b
After Touhou UFO[/b]
After Touhou UFO, every Touhou have Ufo soundeffects, but they are unused...
Reimu still has her Hakurei Amulets sprites post PoFV, along with the youkai buster sprites post MoF, Marisa has the doll options and bomb post-MoF as well as the PoFV laser sprites and Nitori's missiles and the exploding stars from SA and MoF. Aya also has her shots in her photography game sprites. There are no spirit-type or familiar-type enemies in UFO, yet the familiar sprites (blob-style) are still there. Reimu's balls, Marisa's familiars, and kedama still appear in the enemy sheet despite not being used (there's actually a manually resized version of the yin-yangs balls for the yin-yang ufo things), plus SA's boulders. There's also the fact that DS actually has an enemy sheet in the first place. Really, ZUN is just lazy.

On another note, there seems to be crayon versions of the UFOs in the enemy sheet of UFO, including a purple one. Also, appearantly in PoFV, Medicine and Aya were supposed to have options or at least special effects with Medi's doll and a crow for Aya in their sprite sheets. Shiki has X and O in her sheet, Reimu actually had her regular homing shots in hers, Sakuya has green knives (although this can be chocked up to simply not being completely sure on the colors), Yuuka has what seems to be stems, Aya has some sort of three-triangle symbol, and Lyrica and Tewi seem to have random text (japanese for Lyrica, TAME for Tewi)

So yeah, stuff. :V

gabrielwoj

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 03:09:13 AM »
Reimu still has her Hakurei Amulets sprites post PoFV, along with the youkai buster sprites post MoF, Marisa has the doll options and bomb post-MoF as well as the PoFV laser sprites and Nitori's missiles and the exploding stars from SA and MoF. Aya also has her shots in her photography game sprites. There are no spirit-type or familiar-type enemies in UFO, yet the familiar sprites (blob-style) are still there. Reimu's balls, Marisa's familiars, and kedama still appear in the enemy sheet despite not being used (there's actually a manually resized version of the yin-yangs balls for the yin-yang ufo things), plus SA's boulders. There's also the fact that DS actually has an enemy sheet in the first place. Really, ZUN is just lazy.

On another note, there seems to be crayon versions of the UFOs in the enemy sheet of UFO, including a purple one. Also, appearantly in PoFV, Medicine and Aya were supposed to have options or at least special effects with Medi's doll and a crow for Aya in their sprite sheets. Shiki has X and O in her sheet, Reimu actually had her regular homing shots in hers, Sakuya has green knives (although this can be chocked up to simply not being completely sure on the colors), Yuuka has what seems to be stems, Aya has some sort of three-triangle symbol, and Lyrica and Tewi seem to have random text (japanese for Lyrica, TAME for Tewi)

So yeah, stuff. :V

Wow, thanks for the lots of informations!

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 03:13:21 AM »
You can find "Nitori Kawashiro" written in one of the Fairy Wars images. That image was in the same exact format as the ones that hold character names, so it's probably just a carry-over that was never removed.

gabrielwoj

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 04:43:23 AM »
Huh... But the image is extractable?
I will search more about later

gabrielwoj

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 04:48:56 AM »
Some about Fairy Wars:
Some excluded characters: (those are all, but where is Marisa and others?)
[ename]
^This just got cloned from UFO (I guess)

^UFO's?/Item get border line?/

pineyappled

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 05:10:39 AM »
Touhou 8

Thank god. That's a pretty terrifying picture there.

gabrielwoj

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
Guys... Sorry for long-timed no replies...
I have been pretty busy... I don't have much time to find unused stuff (as I could before)...
Last one I did from Kirby Air Ride, but I got a time for Touhou:

Touhou 8 ~ Imperishable Night

That person from Perfect Cheery Blossom (I suck at knowledge of Touhou, sorry), it was also be played (or appeared) in the game...
*Before posting that, I want to know if Reimu and Marisa are the only bosses on Stage 4...*

There is also flipped sprites of Alice and Sakuya, those flipped sprites are for Boss... I don't remember to see it, there is no informations inside the game, BUT, there still sprites of they (Including Ran, Sakuya, Alice, And much others)... (I don't know if it's used or not):
face_al00lr.anm:

face_sk00lr.anm:

face_yk02.anm:

face_ym00lr.anm:

As on those names, it is named as Stage 9... (stage 8 is extra mode, and stage 4/5 are the stage 4 [Marisa/Reimu]... Don't know why Stage 9) [And no, there is no CIrno Here)
There is other several characters that even don't have their own portraits... As seen below
stg9enm_al.anm:

stg9enm_rm.anm:

stg9enm_sk.anm:

stg9enm_yk.anm: (wait.... 2 Bosses? Is that would use as Focus type like the Player does?)

stg9enm_ym.anm:

stg9enm_yy.anm:

*I think it's not used, because there is no music for those other characters*
There is also a strange sprite, called "Phantasm.anm":

Translation?

Thanks, and sorry for Bumping T_T

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 05:17:25 PM »
Well, the thing is, virtually everything you just listed for Imperishable Night can be summed up if you watch three certain videos.

Basically, the only things you listed that are actually unused are Ran's sprites, some of Yuyuko's sprites and her last spell text, and the phantasm screen. Even those can't really be classified as "beta," because they were never intended to be used and are leftovers from the last game.

EDIT for the below post: I would call the phantasm screen an actual beta artifact, if it weren't for the "Perfect Cherry Blossom" logo. :P
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:24:34 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 05:21:35 PM »
You must not have unlocked the Last Words yet, have you? All sixteen playable characters have an extra Spellcard that you can face in Spell Practice, and that's where the larger portraits are used. See this video for said Last Words of the playable characters.

Among the smaller pictures, most of those are also seen in the Last Words, with the exception of Remilia's bat form (you can't bomb in Spell Practice, so no need for her to assume that form), Ran, that "mystic square" icon that goes with Ran, Yuyuko's silhouette form (from the original Resurrection Butterfly), and some "motion" sprites from a few characters who don't move during their Last Words. These were probably imported with everything else from EoSD and PCB and are just artifacts.

EDIT: Donut-ninja'd.

EDIT2: How the hell did I miss that?  :derp:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 07:48:53 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

gabrielwoj

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
So... All those ones are used? Except for Phantasm?
Only the Remilia's Bat form is unused (it's the same graphic as EoSD)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 12:10:06 AM »
So... All those ones are used? Except for Phantasm?
Only the Remilia's Bat form is unused (it's the same graphic as EoSD)
Like Donut so aptly corrected me about, that Phantasm picture is not from IN, but from PCB. Another artifact from generic importing.

And I'm pretty sure that Ran doesn't have a Last Word, and that the other things I mentioned in my previous post are also not used.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »
ZUN left an alternate version of Wriggle's theme in the MIDI. The song ordinarily loops before the clip, but an MIDI editor will reveal the leftover beta song.

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 07:34:18 PM »
There are sprites for Patchouli in multiple games that she doesn't appear in.  PCB for sure, and I think IN and PoFV.