Author Topic: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - GAME OVER, SCUM WIN.  (Read 53849 times)

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
Re: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - DAY FINAL
« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2011, 02:40:43 AM »
@PX: No I wasn't kidding around, I have every intention to make your game as unenjoyable as possible, I'm really THAT pissed off over it right now. It's just plain fucking annoying how no-one, NO-ONE, takes my sincerity seriously, it's like I'm playing 3 fucking games of mafia with a bunch of heartless computers with no sense of emotions.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - DAY FINAL
« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2011, 02:41:25 AM »
well

I mean I'm supposed to wait for chaore I guess but he doesn't seem to be here, everyone already knows scum won, I can't lock to topic to make people wait, and K4U already gave out the scum quicktopic

oh whatever

Mod topic - http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/6FmbcDCxFjCZk
Graveyard - http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/7y6vYB325aqWH

That roleclaim was absolutely beautiful by the way, Kitten.

As for last few remaining roles, K4U was a Vote Thief (no she had no power stealing thing), Golden PX was a vig that had a one-night cooldown, rev was indeed a Paladin like he said, and huhwhat was obviously Jesus.

Musicboxman could kill himself to reverse an action that caused 6 or more deaths EVEN THOUGH THAT COULDN'T POSSIBLY HAPPEN (durr)

and I'm too lazy to do any more plus I feel like chaore might get mad at me or something

Just be glad I made Chaore get rid of the role that was scum except was for ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES ACTUALLY A TOWNIE GOOD LUCK CATCHING THAT BY NOT COMPLETELY ACCIDENT
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - GAME OVER, SCUM WIN.
« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2011, 02:42:23 AM »
oh there he is derp
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #483 on: February 22, 2011, 02:42:30 AM »
I explained the vig choice back when I claimed vig. Go back to page 6 (If you're using 50 posts a page like you should)

Also, Schezo, I hate you. How dare you call me dumb

Dammit, cut by 2 posts

reV, I dropped everything against you on the last day. I knew Kitten was scum! Blame huh what for everything!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #484 on: February 22, 2011, 02:43:14 AM »
Huh what, if you never asked for the flavor, then Kitten would have NEVER been able to forge that damn false claim

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #485 on: February 22, 2011, 02:43:58 AM »
Oh and huh what you did it a lot just now on the final day.  Stop answering people's question's and give them a chance to goof up before you post what you think is the logical answer. :X

PX: I was scum, I had to make some bullshit up so I could get cases on you people.  :(

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #486 on: February 22, 2011, 02:45:49 AM »
I blame kips. <_____<
Well gee thanks.

inb4everyoneblamesmeforscumwin
@PX: No I wasn't kidding around, I have every intention to make your game as unenjoyable as possible, I'm really THAT pissed off over it right now. It's just plain fucking annoying how no-one, NO-ONE, takes my sincerity seriously, it's like I'm playing 3 fucking games of mafia with a bunch of heartless computers with no sense of emotions.

Dude, calm down. It's a god damned forum game. Even I didnt flip the fuck out like you are right now, and I'm as bipolar as it gets.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #487 on: February 22, 2011, 02:46:37 AM »
Reading through the mod topic

I hate you all

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #488 on: February 22, 2011, 02:46:42 AM »
It would have been all you if there wasn't a Jesus, what with Sect getting modkilled.

« Reply #489 on: February 22, 2011, 02:47:07 AM »
And just clearing this up, I was a TOWN bi-polar cop. I don't even know why you guys even debated my alignment.

The bi-polar was something I was not aware of until i flipped. My investigations would go back and forth between accurate and incorrect each night, starting on accurate.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #490 on: February 22, 2011, 02:47:27 AM »
This game... Was painful to watch. To an immense degree. Every single thing about Kips was headdesk-worthy beyond belief, as everyone knows.

And... Really, ReV? You're complaining about people not taking what you say at absolute freaking face value in MAFIA of all things? Mafia really, REALLY is not a game about who can make the most emotionally moving arguments or whatever. It's a game about freaking trickery of all things. It doesn't matter how honest you genuinely are or how much you despise lying, in this game, people really can't get away with just assuming that whatever people say is 100% true. Why are you playing Mafia if this fills you with so much rage?

PX is PX. I don't think it is necessary to comment on him.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #491 on: February 22, 2011, 02:47:51 AM »
Oh dear god that initial set-up.  Town was OP enough as it is, we lucked out that the cop was nailed N1 I think. x:  And that there were a few distractions.

Oh, I suppose I can explain the Pesco kill now.  It was pure paranoia on my part.  Some resurrection roles can't be killed again (wasn't a problem with Schezo alive, but I couldn't afford to let the game last one more day) and I was afraid that Rev's ability might not be one-shot and that he would protect HW for sure.  Pesco was just the next towniest.

Damn all you ninjas!
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #492 on: February 22, 2011, 02:50:01 AM »
Ah well. Well played scum. We sucked at town this game.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #493 on: February 22, 2011, 02:51:45 AM »
Oh, I suppose I can explain the Pesco kill now.  It was pure paranoia on my part.  Some resurrection roles can't be killed again (wasn't a problem with Schezo alive, but I couldn't afford to let the game last one more day) and I was afraid that Rev's ability might not be one-shot and that he would protect HW for sure.
I had -considered- claiming bulletproof after reviving, but with theories about me being survivor being thrown around (by Pesco, derp) I didn't want to risk getting accused or even potentially outing a real bulletproof.

Also, I'm totally okay with you winning now because of the Mindfang avatar.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #494 on: February 22, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »
And... Really, ReV? You're complaining about people not taking what you say at absolute freaking face value in MAFIA of all things? Mafia really, REALLY is not a game about who can make the most emotionally moving arguments or whatever. It's a game about freaking trickery of all things. It doesn't matter how honest you genuinely are or how much you despise lying, in this game, people really can't get away with just assuming that whatever people say is 100% true. Why are you playing Mafia if this fills you with so much rage?

Players' playstyle and other meta are perfectly valid tools to use in Mafia, whereas cold logic can be manipulated (again, as displayed by Affinity for the last two games, and now Kitten), playstyle and various other aspects of a player seldom change. There is no reason why one should not to go with a little gut feeling and try read into people's use of emotions.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2011, 02:53:15 AM »
Town tripped all over themselves pretty much until near the end of D3, really.

It would have been ridiculous if PX hadn't changed his vig off of Kitten at the last moment. Most sudden town win ever. Neither of the scum suspected at all until like less then 24 hours before the last day's lynch or something.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2011, 02:53:35 AM »
The initial set up had a much stronger town because scum was also much stronger in that they were nigh-undetectable to town. Town would just screw with itself.

This town was similarly strong, but with the strongest parts requiring patience and luck.

Something Town sorely lacked.

Oh and on K4U's claim- I'm surprised anyone bought it, why would I give someone vote thievery and power thievery on the same night? That's insane. I did have a rogue PR in the original build though.

Anyway, Back to devising something for a final post of content or something.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2011, 02:54:42 AM »
Players' playstyle and other meta are perfectly valid tools to use in Mafia, whereas cold logic can be manipulated (again, as displayed by Affinity for the last two games, and now Kitten), playstyle and various other aspects of a player seldom change. There is no reason why one should not to go with a little gut feeling and try read into people's use of emotions.

Gut feeling? That's what I did. Look at where it landed me. DEAD.

Mafias a game of trickery. If you wanna be a sore loser about it, do so to yourself. No one likes a whiner.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2011, 02:55:42 AM »
Sorry to butt in as a lurker here, but I've been wanting to say this all game.  reV, kindly shut up about refusing to lie in Mafia.  It's not something to be proud of.  Mafia is a game of deception, and every time you roll scum or some power role that serves the town best by keeping itself concealed, you're playing against your faction by holding your truthfulness over your victory condition.  As far as I'm concerned, refusing to lie makes you no better than some chucklefuck that joins the game just to troll.  At least Kips has plausible deniability.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #499 on: February 22, 2011, 02:56:06 AM »
And sure, I play mafia with a strong principle that was no doubt going to screw me over one day, but it doesn't make me any less buttfuckinghurt when it closes on a day with the scum accusing me of being a liar. You try live your life with total honesty than get hanged by being falsely accused of lying.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #500 on: February 22, 2011, 02:56:21 AM »
Oh and on K4U's claim- I'm surprised anyone bought it, why would I give someone vote thievery and power thievery on the same night? That's insane. I did have a rogue PR in the original build though.
Yeah, that's what I had been thinking while I was reading it; "Wow, this fakeclaim is beautiful, but isn't it a little over the top to be believed?"

...and then huhwhat did believe, which is a testament to how incredibly awesome that fakeclaim was.

If I was as good as Kitten at fakeclaiming, I would have won Moriya Shrine Mafia ): that was like my last good game before I fell into pieces mentally. Was going strong until LyLo night shenanigans ruining my plan and then coming up with a bad fakeclaim that ruined me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:58:29 AM by NeoSerela »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #501 on: February 22, 2011, 02:58:05 AM »
...frankly it wouldn't take much to have fooled this town.

I'm still amazed you actually got Schezo. Still wonder if Pesco got the Mod QT or something.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #502 on: February 22, 2011, 02:58:18 AM »
Guys, don't give me vig again. I HIT BOTH TOWN COPS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2011, 02:58:41 AM »
Also, I wasn't fooled by Kitten's fakeclaim.

huh what was

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #504 on: February 22, 2011, 02:58:59 AM »
And sure, I play mafia with a strong principle that was no doubt going to screw me over one day, but it doesn't make me any less buttfuckinghurt when it closes on a day with the scum accusing me of being a liar. You try live your life with total honesty than get hanged by being falsely accused of lying.

Not going to screw over just you, but your whole team too, as well as the game itself.  That's what's unforgivable.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #505 on: February 22, 2011, 02:59:30 AM »
@HW Pahaha. :V

I went on a Homestruck binge while sick last week.  The original pic was too amazing not to use.  I've been waiting for like a week to switch, but I don't like switching avatars in the middle of a Mafia game.

---

Reading through the mod topic, you really thought my role was strong?  It was basically a one-shot vote stick.  I didn't actually find it useful beyond being easily conformable.  If I could use it in LYLO it would be strong, but otherwise it was fairly meh.

Quote from: Chaore
Oh and on K4U's claim- I'm surprised anyone bought it, why would I give someone vote thievery and power thievery on the same night?
This claim was so hard to devise.  I didn't think just vote thief would be strong enough for me to justify calling Rev out, so I beefed it up a bit, but unrestricted it would be really, really strong.  I figured the best way to handle it was to make it temporary (which fit in with everything better anyway) and to make it so I couldn't try to steal things again even if I hit a VT or something.  Needless to say, I was thinking super hard about all this because I knew I'd be dead if I didn't have a good fake claim.

Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

And that's after reading like 7.  Curse you ninjas. :V
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #506 on: February 22, 2011, 03:01:04 AM »
Holy crap the mod thread has me rolling. :]

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #507 on: February 22, 2011, 03:01:24 AM »
This was an interesting game...maybe I'll join again...

Also, while I agree with Rev somewhat, emotion can be played with too in a voice and faceless environment.

Edit: Also Slur, it's just a play style, not every one will be willing to compromise what they believe even if it's for something not serious. Like me, I have trouble blaming people on assumptions.

Also also, you don't need to lie to play Mafia, you just need to word your self properly I think.

Warning - while you were typing 8 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

;_;

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #508 on: February 22, 2011, 03:01:57 AM »
Well, I guess it was a good game, aside from the sour apples (Myself and rev at the end). Kitten, That was actually one of the smartest things I've seen before. Turning your mafia role, admitting it, but changing it just enough so you seem like a town PR.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

fuuuu

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #509 on: February 22, 2011, 03:03:31 AM »
Quote from: Neo
also isn't kitten supposed to be playing :V
Oh you.  Like I never lurk through D1 regardless of alignment anyway. :V
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr