Author Topic: Touhou for busy people translation project  (Read 8620 times)

Touhou for busy people translation project
« on: January 16, 2011, 03:21:12 PM »

touhou for busy people is a series of visual novel created by kasugasoft. it has good voice actor and cute art. start from c75 or c74 ( well im not realy sure) they've made 6 title, I think

eosd for busy people
eosd extra for busy people
pcb for busy people
pcb extra for busy people
stb for busy people
iamp for busy people

for preview you can see it at youtube

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=touhou+for+busy+people&aq=f

this is a really good visual novel, so I think it deserves translation, also you cant use agth for this game

and this game using xp3 for compression.

btw this is the first time I make translation project, and i dont have any japanese language skills. So any help will be very much appreciated

Ive made a thread at pooshlmer and they said, I really should make thread at this forum if I really serious

well I think we need translator first

Translator list:

-

Sorry if ive made any mistakes

Stitchpunk

• A Yoshi
  • Boom, ⑨-shot!
Re: Touhou for busy people translation project
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:10:46 PM »
So is the goal to just translate the Games? (visual novels) Or do we also plan to sub the episodes that have been started by others? (about 18 of the 40+ have been subbed already, though progession in subbing them isnt scheduled, since subbers like Furienify tend to mostly sub the M-1's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZ4Mrjm03Q
Run n Jump

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:12:18 AM »
Can't you read? It clearly says "for busy person" therefore it should be addressed as such and fhdjejdhdosbeudifbcdlendpwp

Stupid grammar argument aside, I'd try but I have enough on my plate, they talk too fast, listening to their grating voices enough to understand what they're saying would drive me insane, etc.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:17:52 AM »
Can't you read? It clearly says "for busy person" therefore it should be addressed as such and fhdjejdhdosbeudifbcdlendpwp

:colonveeplusalpha:

That aside this does seem to be for the VNs, which I have no experience with!

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 10:12:35 AM »
they talk too fast, listening to their grating voices enough to understand what they're saying would drive me insane, etc.
Psssh, even Bokutatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan was translatable! That anime had like 3 lines for everything anyone said in order for the subs to keep up!

If you want to make a patch for the VNs then you'll need more than just translators and a TLC, you'll need a hacker as well.
xp3... I think I've seen some other games with that kind of packing... Can't quite remember. I wish I had some hacking skills to offer, but as I said in another topic I can really only provide proofreading and basic TLC'ing...

Not to sound mean but, if people were to volunteer to translate these, what would you be willing to do to help? You say you have no Japanese, and your English seems a little off too... I hope that means you can  be the hacker then. o_o;
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:21:44 AM »
okay ill be hacker then, :D

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »
Then the project starts with you ripping out the scripts and any other nessecary data
Once we've got the scripts translation can begin.

...Did I somehow volunteer for two projects at once?
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.