Author Topic: Sicarius de Aevi  (Read 2744 times)

Aki

• Autumn Phoenix
  • Rising from the ashes
Sicarius de Aevi
« on: January 15, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »
Target One: The Sicarius

The young woman stretched her hand out, palm facing upwards.

"So, I've heard about the news about the murder of the target. Good job, I might say. Care to tell me your secret about the kill streak of your targets, each left cleanly without a clue. A feat indeed."

The man in the gentleman's attire drawled on. Hoping that he would learn some of the secrets on how the woman murdered- no, assassinated the victims within a short time. Never once had she been caught. However, when the man looked up at her face, only to receive a harsh glare from her cold blue eye from under her white hood. Her other eye was covered by a white eye patch, reasons are unknown, but it was not a matter to be probed. After a brief moment of silence, the man crackled.

"As silent as ever, Sicarius de Aevi. Very well then. Here is your money."

The man took a pouch from his table, which was finely polished and made of oak, and dropped it into the woman's hand, earning a nod of acknowledgment. The woman then turned around, and started to walk towards the door.

"Wait."

The woman turned around, facing the man.

"I have one last target. Two in fact. They are worth many thousands."

The mysterious woman crossed her arms. After many transactions between them both, he could tell that she was interested.

"Have you heard about the mansion at the nearby woods?"

The woman nodded.

"Good, in there, lives two sisters, the Scarlet sisters. They were proven to be vampires. Not only that, in there lived two other people. The target is obviously to eliminate the two abominato. Don't belittle them."

The woman stalked out of the door, with the targets clear in her mind.

Vampires as targets? My, my. This is getting interesting.

--
She could not resist a slight smirk, as she walked down the path to the farms. The Scarlet Mansion was quite far away, but it would not take long if she rode on a horse. Walking by the alleys of the poorly developed section of the city, she found a stable. Foolish people had carelessly left the horses unattended. Even the houses, but that would be the job of a burglar, or a common thief, not the job of the Assassins.

She got onto the brown horse she selected, and cut off the rope which was attached to the wall of the stable with her knife. She lead the horse slowly to the woods. Once she got onto the desolate path which headed towards the Mansion. Nevertheless, she got onto the horse and galloped her way towards the Mansion. She stopped before reaching the Mansion, and tied the horse securely by the tree by looping the remainder of the rope around the trunk of a tree, and tied a dead knot. She gave a firm tug to assure that they rope would stay.

The lady snuck to the sides of the mansion by hiding in the bushes, and stealthy went over to the wall. She pressed her back against the wall, and craned her neck to see if there is anyone at the front gates.

Sure enough, there was a woman, clad in green military uniform, or more like a qipao. She was asleep, sitting on a chair, in front of the gates.

Pfft? what kind of gatekeeper would sleep on the job. Well, this girl, is one of a kind?

The lady then moved silently in front of the gatekeeper. When she stood directly in front of her, there was no reaction at all. The mysterious woman smirked under her hood.

"This would be an easy kill," She muttered, as she took out one of her many knives.

"Oh really?"

It seems that the sleeping gatekeeper has finally awaken.

"My name is Hong Meiling, and I am the gatekeeper of this place. To enter the mansion, you have to get by me!"

Meiling immediately started her assault by running straight to the Sicarius, fist clenched. When Meiling brought her fist forward, and the Sicarius calmly ducked and was about to ram into Meiling's stomach with her knife at hand.

"Who might you be? What right do you think you have to disturb us?"

The Sicarius looked to the side, only to realise that the source of the voice was coming from above her. By the time she looked up, however, she was knocked into the walls. When she was recovering from the impact, she was pinned against the wall by Meiling, who rained down punches at her. Knowing that her body wouldn't be able to take much beating, so she slumped down, signalling defeat. When the atmosphere seemed a little more relaxed, she acted fast. She kicked Meiling off and sent a barrage of knives flying at her. She quickly changed her target to the two other people floating in mid-air.

Is that? wings?

She didn't take long to realise that they were her targets.

So, the information about the Scarlet Sisters being vampires were true?

She started to throw knifes at the two, while keeping check of Meiling. Feeling rather exhausted, she hoped that the all-out attack against the sisters worked.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you?" A voice sounded from behind, a hand on her back. The Sicarius lowered her arms, cautiously. Immediately, the Sicarius was on the floor, with one of the Scarlet sister sitting on her back.

"We have heard about you, Sicarius de Aevi. Mysterious indeed, no? Eye patch on your right eye, always under a white hood. And most importantly, how you manage to escape every assassination, never caught, almost never noticed. It was almost as if you teleported!"

The Sicarius didn't answer, resulting in a deadly silence.

"I'm sure you should know about me. I'm Remilia Scarlet, and you are obviously at my mercy. Would you want your life to be spared?"

Seeing that there were two others looking down at her, she had no choice but to agree, for she could continue her assassination attempt at another point of time. To be honest, she was rather ashamed that her smug confidence before this attempt was no longer there. She failed getting past the gatekeeper, and also getting captured. She had a trick up her sleeve, but strangely, she felt that it was not time for her to use it. At least not yet.

"Yes." She softly answered to Remilia.

"Good, what is your name." The Sicarius didn't answer. Remilia repeated the question again, forcefully this time.

"? I have no name?"

Remilia only chuckled at this.

"From now on, you shall be known as Izayoi Sakuya."

The Sicarius, now named Sakuya, didn't fight against Remilia. She felt the girl, stand up and off her back.

"Remil-"

"That's Lady Remilia to you." Sakuya hesitated for a while.

"Why didn't you kill me, Lady Remilia?"

The question earned yet other laugh.

"You seem to be a mysterious one. It'll be a pity to kill you, Sakuya." With that, she strode back into the mansion.

Sakuya followed closely behind, wondering what plans the Scarlet Vampire have for her.
Phoenix can burn your soul, you know?