Author Topic: Touhou Fuumaroku ~Story of Eastern Wind~ Translation  (Read 12608 times)

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
Touhou Fuumaroku ~Story of Eastern Wind~ Translation
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »
I was wondering if anyone was curious about working on translating the script for the fan remake of SoEW, Story of Eastern Wind. I figured out a way to extract the script from the game (I haven't a clue how to decrypt the .DAT files; Brightmoon can't do it, either). I plan to post it on the Touhou wiki, too, but I'd like to know just how far the interest goes before I begin. (And I could use help getting the text at the end of the extra stages; the method I'm using requires one to play through the games, and I'm not quite talented enough to defeat the extra stages yet).

If someone could make a patch, that would be great, but just having a TLed script would be nice.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Re: Touhou Fuumaroku ~Story of Eastern Wind~ Translation
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 02:09:27 PM »
This game isn't a very good attempt at a remake, so I figure not many people would be interested in a translation.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 04:27:59 PM »
This game isn't a very good attempt at a remake, so I figure not many people would be interested in a translation.
^What he said.

Really though, if you are interested in doing a translation, that's all the reason you need; even if nobody else wants it, it'll give you some experience writing for reduced space elegantly so you can make something even better when you get the chance to do something else.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 01:23:42 AM »
True, enough, but I figured someone would be interested. At least they kept Mima in there; seeing Mima in a windows game is a plus for me. I've managed to extract the script for Yuyuko's scenario. I'll probably get the scripts for the normal scenarios first before doing the extra stages. I'll start posting the extracted scripts once I have them all extracted.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »
Personally, I would very much like to see this translated.
I just wish I could do more than proofreading and
Spoiler:
VERY
basic TLC'ing. :X
If that's fine though, I'd be happy to help. :V
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »
Sweet. Well, I can't translate to save myself, really, but I can upload the scripts I have so far if you want to take a look. What format do you want them in? I use a program called JWPce for Japanese scripts (much better than a text editor, plus having a kanji dictionary is a good plus). I can convert to a different format, though, if you prefer something else.

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
Somehow I seem to have accidentally signed myself on as a full translator rather than a
Spoiler:
VERY
basic TLC'er...
But if nobody else is willing to put forth the effort, I suppose I have no choice. :X
Although..
Maybe it would be best if you post a link to the scripts here anyway, that way if anyone else wants to contribute, they can.
* unlableable glares at the supposedly busy people
Until then, gimme what ya got and I'll see what I can do, sound good?
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 11:52:53 AM »
Fair enough. Some help is better than no help. I'll put links in the first post once I have things uploaded; I want to edit things a little to make it a little more readable.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 10:22:05 AM »
I started putting the scripts on the Touhou Wiki. So far, I have Sanae's scenario up. I'll get the others up as I have time. Hopefully now some TL work can be done.
Here's the link to Sanae's Scenario: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Story_of_Eastern_Wind/Translation/Sanae's_Scenario

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 06:38:40 AM »
Since I'm the guy who has videos of this game up on YouTube (Which I should really consider re-recording now that I have a computer that doesn't lag it up), I suppose I should be interested.

Too bad I have no written language skills when it comes to Japanese.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 05:29:48 AM »
I'm going to try to get one scenario up per week. I'll put in the BGM titles as I have time. Since the tracks have the same names as they do in SoEW (at least I think they do), I can least have them translated right away. If anyone can get the text from the end of the extra stages, that would be awesome (again, my extraction method requires playing through the game to get the text). I'll keep making other minor edits to the wiki page, too, but since I have a six day work week, my time is a little pressed.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 11:38:41 AM »
All the regular scenario scripts are now available on the wiki.