Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 284314 times)

Zinx Nightstar

• Sorcerer Of Night Who Has Lived Of A 1000 Years
  • Hello mortals, i am Odoru Higanbana.
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
do how its more comfortable for you :)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »
Very well then! Going with new thread, then, and this one will be left for vestigial purposes and for troubleshooting with Squidtentacle's mod. It also makes more sense given that he's no longer involved in this, while Tempest and I are picking it up and putting it under our leads and direction.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Zinx Nightstar

• Sorcerer Of Night Who Has Lived Of A 1000 Years
  • Hello mortals, i am Odoru Higanbana.
« Reply #452 on: July 25, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
btw after you have created a new thread post the link here. saves everyone from searching the thread themselves x3 thanks in advance

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #453 on: July 25, 2011, 06:53:20 PM »
btw after you have created a new thread post the link here. saves everyone from searching the thread themselves x3 thanks in advance
Good idea, will do.
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #454 on: July 28, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »
Hey everyone! I stumbled across this forum because of a GTA SA related search. I have been working solo on my own Touhou GTA total conversion for about a year and a half. I contacted the member who posted above me and spoke with them. I would love to share some of my work with you all here. The following info is NOT to 'toot' my own horn, but to hopefully show everyone some of what I am capable of doing within the game and its modding limitations. I am offering my services with the new thread that is being started as well as tech help for anyone having trouble with GTA SA mods of just about ANY type. I am very active in the help sections of the GTA forums, but, Touhou is not very popular there. So I would be honored to bring that aspect of my work and knowledge here.

I am able to create/mod/texture peds, vehicles, models...... basically anything you see in san andreas. I write cleo scripts not only for special activities such as spell cards, but also to affect SA memory addresses to allow for hard coded exe items to be changed. In example, in the little collection in the link to follow, I have included files to change the shape of the mission markers and my memory address cleo script to change the markers from the hard coded 'red' to a nice blue.  I can fix deforming models in cut scenes by re-writing or removing keyframe items used in the anim sequence. I can adjust cutscenes to always show the character of your choice as apposed to CJ. I do advanced model vertex lighting, night illuminations, UV animation texture objects, 3DFX, 2DFX etc. I can 'rig' models as well as scratch build and modify them. I can adjust certain audio files without causing the famous rain bug. There are certain time and bitrate requirements to avoid that. I am still working on being able to replace car and weapon sounds without causing audio errors and more importantly, game instability. I can modify existing maps to add/place/remove items as well as create new objects for the game. An example of this is the included 'GAP TOURS' mod. Just remember that if you have already added an object with UID# 18631, it will crash on load. You will have to change the UID# if this is the case. I can create ENEX points anywhere you need. (ENEX are the yellow markers that send you to the interior world or back outside). Just remember that whenever you add/alter any ENEX data, you MUST start a new game. ENEX data is partially stored in your save file. I can create map area cull zones to perform functions such as specific/no weather, time of day, wanted level effect, audio etc. Basically, if its in the game, I can probably do it, help you do it, or TEACH you to do it. And would be more than happy too. Just remember that San Andreas uses the renderware 3 engine and is ANYTHING but new. Its one of the pickiest and most touchy game engines I have ever worked with. But, with patience and a little footwork, you can have a fully modded Touhou experience that RARELY crashes. If anyone else is 'hands on' with creating these mods and would like lists of hidden interiors, ENEX points/limitation, memory/exe locations/addresses, stream expansion tricks, ENB based modded Dll's, or rare/advanced 3ds max scripts for creating/exporting maps/peds/vehicles etc., please just ask. And if anyone wants to learn how to do all of this so that you can make your own Touhou peds, or mod others to be more to your liking, just ask. I HATE having learned all this specifically to make a Touhou mod and no one has been interested in any of it outside of some of the Japanese forums I frequent. Im sure that everyone here will be different!

Sorry for the wall 'o text. Now for the good stuff. PICS:

For more pics, check out my album here: http://s1036.photobucket.com/albums/a448/foxunitone/

If someone wants, I can update this with more pics. These where all taken with the default game camera so the quality does not quite show.

Some of my files to follow. Just read and follow the directions in the readme's and ask if you need any help.
Do yourself a favor. If you don't have an IMG manager with bulk replace options, get it here:http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=4052
One of my included files will replace ALL of your peds with Touhou ones. VERY few are recycled and that was by accident. I have over a hundred more that never made it in for one reason or another.
This tool will make installing these files EASY. Just open it. Use it to open your GTA3.IMG file in your SAN ANDREAS/MODELS folder. Click edit, then 'bulk replace'. Click yes when the popup opens. Then select the file you want to import all of the files from. Wait for the progarm, this will take time. When its finished, click ok. Then click edit again, and select rebuild archive. Do this for each folder of mods you want to install. JUST READ THE README'S FIRST AND BACK UP ANY FILES YOU ARE ABOUT TO MOD!!!! This takes a while so be patient. Side note, windows vista and 7 will sometimes report the tool as 'not responding' as it works. Just leave it alone and ignore it. I have heard of people waiting as long as half an hour for the process to finish depending on the speed of your PC.

Okay everyone, here is the link to some of my files: http://www.mediafire.com/?dj255y0idb5iirz

-Fox

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:10:38 PM by Dark_Fox »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #455 on: July 28, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »
Very impressive work so far! I also appreciate your offer to assist with the project!

I tend to have different sound issues. Wrong sounds playing every now and then and occasional crashes not caused by rain. Trying to replace game and explosion SFX with slightly better ones, as well as the radio station songs.

I assume you put SRT3 plus real-life companies into the mix?

I use GTASA Ultimate Editor + IMGTool for IMG editing.
I'll do a bulk replace with your files though, assuming they're just pedestrian models. Further modding of those with models I've found may commence.

Current major issue - seems 92 models is the maximum stable limit for skin.img (we're using the skin selector mod). Also XP/2k3 users report more issues with the current version and less stability - I play on 64-bit Win7 and have few problems, in comparison....

Either way nice to see you on board with the project!

EDIT:
Quote from: Dark_Fox in readme in files pack
VERY few peds are stock. Just ballas mafia and some other gangs. I have not figured out what to do with them because I dont like shooting touhou girls.....
I find mixing stock and Touhou ped models at the same time visually distracting. So I've already opted for Touhou gangs too. For instance, instead of Ballas expect the Nineballs (Cirno, Daiyousei, Mystia probably). :V
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:56:19 PM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #456 on: July 29, 2011, 12:29:32 AM »
Yeah, the way I have my folder set up, I install a clean copy of the game, then my overhaul textures and models from a different folder. Then peds, then cars, and then addons of my custom new skins and objects that go with some of my mods. If your GTA3.IMG goes over 2.03 gigs in size, img tool 2.0 will fail on archive rebuild and corrupt it. Its not capable of working with a .img of that size or larger. The one I put the link to allows for editing and rebuilding of the .img files up to the game engine limitation which is 4 gigs. Anything above 3.5 gigs however becomes unstable/slow loading. Ultimate editor is okay for vehicle handling. But I dont like the way it handles anything else. It changes lots of stats by affecting globals. That can cause instability in the engine.

On sound: with most ambient files, you can change them to whatever you want as long as its at least 2.5 seconds long. The file size for the effect can be no larger than 10.5mb or the game will probably crash. To get the same sample and bit rate use audacity. Open the sound you want to replace, open the sound you want to use. Drag your sound onto the track behind theirs. It will automatically adjust the bit rates while maintaining proper speed and pitch. Then edit out the default sound. For ANY file in the SFX grouping you must do this AND make sure that it is the exact same length down to the hundredth of a second. Otherwise you will get sounds playing where they should not. Sometimes an engine noise when punching or horns when running. Basically the normal issues you hear reported from sound mods. What I meant with the rain error was not the one where you lose all audio, but rather, when you mess with SFX group files, if you dont do it right, the rain will sound like its raining ball bearings or something lol.  In my opinion, its not good to use SAAT. It is nothing more than a GUI for an older program that works almost flawlessly as long as you remove the GUI from it.

Radio stations. In order to properly replace songs in the radio chanels, each song MUST be broken into three sections. A short 'intro' section, the main portion, and a short 'outro' section. That is how the game reads them. Not doing it in this was leads to unusual pauses in radio play and game freezes. It can also lead to audio corruption for some reason. Again, each sound file can NOT exceed 10.5mb and should be kept under 10mb for stability.

Mission passed and property purchased sounds are in the BEATS audio group as well as the dance and lowrider mini games. These files when exported properly will contain an .ini file that has beat timing in milliseconds. This means that not only can you replace the dance and lowrider minigame songs, but you can retime the arrows to match them! Song length is not important by my testing but again the 10.5mb rule applies. Also, for stability ALL sound files in AMBIANCE and BEATS  should be in .ogg format. Sounds in the GENRL, PAIN, and conversation audio should be in .wav.

The game laoding songs are in GENRL section, bank  74 I believe. These MUST be kept the same length to avoid audio issues.

I couldn't agree more on the mixing of norms and touhou's. I want all the norms gone too, but was trying to think of a solution that didnt involve shooting touhou girls with a 12 gauge lol. I sin sacked all the cops and fbi and army and swat guys. I thought it was funny to shove their hats/helmets back on afterwards too. There are a couple of non touhou in my peds file. I think Miku is in there once. Also squid girl replaced the toga girl in pleasure domes. There may be one or two others but Im not sure. At first, my mod was just going to be mixed anime. Then I decided to make it all touhou. A couple have not yet been removed/replaced for one reason or another. Also to keep the .img file size small enough to allow integration with full car replacement/srt/project oblivion I cross rigged some of the existing peds to have touhou heads and features. Kept the poly count at any given group render from lagging the engine and added a lot more variety than just seeing different versions of the same characters wearing the same thing. Some are better outcomes than other. If you look closely you can tell some of my early rigs/cross rigs from my newest ones. Getting proper movement without 'mesh snags' and things on peds moving when they should not is the result of 'weighting verts' to the proper bones via the 'absolute effect'. This has been an ongoing practice for me.  Vehicles well..... I don't do them that often anymore. Mostly make them to answer requests on the gta forum. The suika truck was actually the FIRST vehicle I ever even modded.

Integration: Yes, i went into the final srt and added new models and textures to turn several of the places in SA into the real thing during upgrade.
well stacked - Pizzu Hut
Cluckin' bell to subway - cause I like subway
burgar shot to McDonalds
Victim to Hot Topic
Zip to Gap
Binco to ross
Pro laps to Footlocker
Sub Urban to JC Penney
Dieder to Mens Warehouse
sex shop in lv to Anime store
Observatory to Scarlet Devil mansion - work in progress. Still need to give it a proper roof, add the rear balcony etc. And of course it has to remain within the constraints of its map section.

All with customized interiors. I did miss the dieder sign on its changing room door, but only because I have not found the texture for that door yes :P
There are many other touhou spoofs and references placed around the map as well. Zero's RC shop is now a Kyosho rc and is full of touhou nendroids for sale.
Another example of a reference is the electronics stores in LV have been changed to 'Okuu Electrical'. I dont think I have a billboard that isnt anime related. All loading/save/setting/option screens are touhou. I am making large amounts of touhou clothing for CJ as well. Other projects I am working on for people require CJ but they like anime and touhou and have asked for outfits. If your using Ryoske's skin selecter I have confirmed with him before on the gta forums that mid 90's is the stability limit for his skin selector. He has no current interest in upgrading/fixing or creating new mods for GTA because he has taken interest in modding a different game. Kon has likewise moved on to another game series. I have been working closely with some developers working on the needed scripts to safely and properly create/mod skinned objects for GTA IV as well. So as soon as we see the fruits of these labors, expect to see touhou mods on the IV RAGE engine1

I will put up some pics of my rebuilt area 51 and airport. These will be an example of 'fun with map editors'. Just remember that if you install any version of srt or po, the map editors will not be able to load anymore, so keep an unmodded copy of the game somewhere for map edit reference and then manually add/remove entries from existing IDE/IPL files or create new ones and add their cue to the gta.dat file.

Anywho, that my ramble for now!

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #457 on: July 29, 2011, 01:12:58 AM »
Whoa, I think we have another textwall master here. :V

Yeah, the way I have my folder set up, I install a clean copy of the game, then my overhaul textures and models from a different folder. Then peds, then cars, and then addons of my custom new skins and objects that go with some of my mods. If your GTA3.IMG goes over 2.03 gigs in size, img tool 2.0 will fail on archive rebuild and corrupt it. Its not capable of working with a .img of that size or larger. The one I put the link to allows for editing and rebuilding of the .img files up to the game engine limitation which is 4 gigs. Anything above 3.5 gigs however becomes unstable/slow loading. Ultimate editor is okay for vehicle handling. But I dont like the way it handles anything else. It changes lots of stats by affecting globals. That can cause instability in the engine.
I use IMGTool for file renames and Ultimate Editor to rebuild, no problems. Though I admit it is unstable and some features don't work on Win7.
As for vehicle handling, pfft. Notepad++ FTW. :V

On sound: with most ambient files, you can change them to whatever you want as long as its at least 2.5 seconds long. The file size for the effect can be no larger than 10.5mb or the game will probably crash. To get the same sample and bit rate use audacity. Open the sound you want to replace, open the sound you want to use. Drag your sound onto the track behind theirs. It will automatically adjust the bit rates while maintaining proper speed and pitch. Then edit out the default sound. For ANY file in the SFX grouping you must do this AND make sure that it is the exact same length down to the hundredth of a second. Otherwise you will get sounds playing where they should not. Sometimes an engine noise when punching or horns when running. Basically the normal issues you hear reported from sound mods. What I meant with the rain error was not the one where you lose all audio, but rather, when you mess with SFX group files, if you dont do it right, the rain will sound like its raining ball bearings or something lol.  In my opinion, its not good to use SAAT. It is nothing more than a GUI for an older program that works almost flawlessly as long as you remove the GUI from it.
I'm already an Audacity user, but I never knew of this suggestion! Thanks! Time to add Source and GTA IV gun sounds....

I used SAAT with DOS-style executable batch scripts, no GUI. ;)

Radio stations. In order to properly replace songs in the radio chanels, each song MUST be broken into three sections. A short 'intro' section, the main portion, and a short 'outro' section. That is how the game reads them. Not doing it in this was leads to unusual pauses in radio play and game freezes. It can also lead to audio corruption for some reason. Again, each sound file can NOT exceed 10.5mb and should be kept under 10mb for stability.
I have heard of this issue too. Also, is there a filesize limit per radio file? I intend to put maybe 100-ish songs (OGG 160kbps likely) per station or more.

Mission passed and property purchased sounds are in the BEATS audio group as well as the dance and lowrider mini games. These files when exported properly will contain an .ini file that has beat timing in milliseconds. This means that not only can you replace the dance and lowrider minigame songs, but you can retime the arrows to match them! Song length is not important by my testing but again the 10.5mb rule applies. Also, for stability ALL sound files in AMBIANCE and BEATS  should be in .ogg format. Sounds in the GENRL, PAIN, and conversation audio should be in .wav.
I see. That sounds like a good idea.

The game laoding songs are in GENRL section, bank  74 I believe. These MUST be kept the same length to avoid audio issues.
* EP looks at Squid's mod loading screen, checks sound
I know where you're coming from. Squid's version has occasional issues with audio during load due to varying lengths of songs.
I plan to just remix the existing GTA: SA loading music in psuedo-ZUN style using an Edirol SD-20 (mobile cousin of the SD-90, which ZUN uses).

I couldn't agree more on the mixing of norms and touhou's. I want all the norms gone too, but was trying to think of a solution that didnt involve shooting touhou girls with a 12 gauge lol.
Replace them with anime figures. :V (Speaking of which, I plan to include 4-6 characters from outside Touhou)

I sin sacked all the cops and fbi and army and swat guys. I thought it was funny to shove their hats/helmets back on afterwards too. There are a couple of non touhou in my peds file. I think Miku is in there once. Also squid girl replaced the toga girl in pleasure domes. There may be one or two others but Im not sure. At first, my mod was just going to be mixed anime. Then I decided to make it all touhou. A couple have not yet been removed/replaced for one reason or another. Also to keep the .img file size small enough to allow integration with full car replacement/srt/project oblivion I cross rigged some of the existing peds to have touhou heads and features. Kept the poly count at any given group render from lagging the engine and added a lot more variety than just seeing different versions of the same characters wearing the same thing. Some are better outcomes than other.
...the gta3.img filesize is an issue indeed. With SRT3 it will likely be quite close to the limit.
I'm not really caring much about polycounts ATM. Though I will say the MMD models are more intensive than the rest.

If you look closely you can tell some of my early rigs/cross rigs from my newest ones. Getting proper movement without 'mesh snags' and things on peds moving when they should not is the result of 'weighting verts' to the proper bones via the 'absolute effect'. This has been an ongoing practice for me.  Vehicles well..... I don't do them that often anymore. Mostly make them to answer requests on the gta forum. The suika truck was actually the FIRST vehicle I ever even modded.
...I have no idea how this is done.

Integration: Yes, i went into the final srt and added new models and textures to turn several of the places in SA into the real thing during upgrade.
well stacked - Pizzu Hut
Cluckin' bell to subway - cause I like subway
burgar shot to McDonalds
Victim to Hot Topic
Zip to Gap
Binco to ross
Pro laps to Footlocker
Sub Urban to JC Penney
Dieder to Mens Warehouse
sex shop in lv to Anime store
Observatory to Scarlet Devil mansion - work in progress. Still need to give it a proper roof, add the rear balcony etc. And of course it has to remain within the constraints of its map section.
Cluckin' Bell could be KFC. Pro Laps? Nike.
Though the rest of the choices seem quite good. Especially the SDM.

All with customized interiors. I did miss the dieder sign on its changing room door, but only because I have not found the texture for that door yes :P
Ah.

There are many other touhou spoofs and references placed around the map as well. Zero's RC shop is now a Kyosho rc and is full of touhou nendroids for sale.
Another example of a reference is the electronics stores in LV have been changed to 'Okuu Electrical'. I dont think I have a billboard that isnt anime related. All loading/save/setting/option screens are touhou. I am making large amounts of touhou clothing for CJ as well. Other projects I am working on for people require CJ but they like anime and touhou and have asked for outfits.
Ehe. I have Zero RC modified a bit already though with Sanae figurines.
As for the rest, including outfits, they seem to be great ideas!

If your using Ryoske's skin selecter I have confirmed with him before on the gta forums that mid 90's is the stability limit for his skin selector. He has no current interest in upgrading/fixing or creating new mods for GTA because he has taken interest in modding a different game. Kon has likewise moved on to another game series. I have been working closely with some developers working on the needed scripts to safely and properly create/mod skinned objects for GTA IV as well. So as soon as we see the fruits of these labors, expect to see touhou mods on the IV RAGE engine1
Ah. Touhou GTA IV: Wilk?mmen in Amerika sounds damn fun. :V

I will put up some pics of my rebuilt area 51 and airport. These will be an example of 'fun with map editors'. Just remember that if you install any version of srt or po, the map editors will not be able to load anymore, so keep an unmodded copy of the game somewhere for map edit reference and then manually add/remove entries from existing IDE/IPL files or create new ones and add their cue to the gta.dat file.
I heard of that issue with SRT3...I wasn't planning on modding the map, however, given that Rokko failed to work....
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #458 on: July 29, 2011, 01:58:23 AM »
SRT and some objects in project oblivion change file names within the TXD and DFF files of some models. Afterwards, mods like SAkina and many other map mods will crash on load. Other textures will sometimes vanish and leave you with white models in game. I have went through file by file and changed the names back to the default ID's so that map mods and adding objects work again. Also eliminated the problems with missing textures and glowing textures on several trees. Also, note pad IS the win for most line editing. I started off using tools that did it and always had problems. The WORST one was the weapon stat editor that would leave numbers out! The dos based sound extractor is the BEST way to go about it! I don't know how many songs you can add per station though. I always kept mine at the same number.

As for some of the model changes, I actually prefer burger king to mcdonalds, but have many fond memories of my mother and i stopping mcD's after spending days at the beach.
My mom had a DeLorean when I was a kid and then it became mine and was lost in a divorce when I was 22. Nike did a limited run of DeLorean themed shoes last year and because of their employees, most of us in the Delorean community couldn't even get a pair. Now they are on Ebay selling for 3 times what they are worth. The few guys that DID manage to get ahold of a pair did so at foot locker. Where admittedly, the employees didnt seem to know what the fuss was about lol. I had some bone...... 'issues' as a child and spent many nights and days at the local hospital getting casts and xrays before they figured out what the issue was. My mother tried to make the numerous trips fun by taking me to subway, so I REALLY wanted to put them in somewhere. I love KFC a little too much but they dont think that people living where I do need one. So I opted to replace cluckin' bell with subway instead.

You CAN still edit maps after installing SRT or PO. Just cut your gta3.img and paste it somewhere safe, then drop an unmodded gta3.img into the folder. Create a new IPL and place your objects. Then move the .img files back where they go. Since items are placed by the IPL, it does not care what .img file is residing as long as it finds the object its looking for. Needless to say for custom objects you will have to add an IDE as well or just add the item to an existing IDE. Best to keep it in the IDE for the area where it will appear. Its also better to make new IPL files for objects. Adding them to existing IPL files can throw off the LOD targeting in the lines and cause models to not load high res/.col files.
Now, if you delete something from an existing IPL, and it has an LOD model associated with it, you will have to re-render the scene and then remove those as well. the game will probably crash during load other wise.

Here are some of the pics I was talking about:

-Fox

EDIT: I forgot to mention that with all my peds/cars/models/textures and project oblivion, my gta3.img is 3,685,856 in size!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:06:26 AM by Dark_Fox »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #459 on: July 29, 2011, 02:06:54 AM »
SRT and some objects in project oblivion change file names within the TXD and DFF files of some models. Afterwards, mods like SAkina and many other map mods will crash on load. Other textures will sometimes vanish and leave you with white models in game. I have went through file by file and changed the names back to the default ID's so that map mods and adding objects work again. Also eliminated the problems with missing textures and glowing textures on several trees. Also, note pad IS the win for most line editing. I started off using tools that did it and always had problems. The WORST one was the weapon stat editor that would leave numbers out! The dos based sound extractor is the BEST way to go about it! I don't know how many songs you can add per station though. I always kept mine at the same number.
OK, good to know SRT will do that. No plans to support Project Oblivion, SAkina, etc. yet.
I've seen the white model glitch a few times, though.

...I guess we'll find out the maximum song limit then! :V (once my songs are all converted to OGGs...which are a LOT)

As for some of the model changes, I actually prefer burger king to mcdonalds, but have many fond memories of my mother and i stopping mcD's after spending days at the beach.
My mom had a DeLorean when I was a kid and then it became mine and was lost in a divorce when I was 22. Nike did a limited run of DeLorean themed shoes last year and because of their employees, most of us in the Delorean community couldn't even get a pair. Now they are on Ebay selling for 3 times what they are worth. The few guys that DID manage to get ahold of a pair did so at foot locker. Where admittedly, the employees didnt seem to know what the fuss was about lol. I had some bone...... 'issues' as a child and spent many nights and days at the local hospital getting casts and xrays before they figured out what the issue was. My mother tried to make the numerous trips fun by taking me to subway, so I REALLY wanted to put them in somewhere. I love KFC a little too much but they dont think that people living where I do need one. So I opted to replace cluckin' bell with subway instead.
Ah, looks like memories shaped what went in! That sounds quite nice.

You CAN still edit maps after installing SRT or PO. Just cut your gta3.img and paste it somewhere safe, then drop an unmodded gta3.img into the folder. Create a new IPL and place your objects. Then move the .img files back where they go. Since items are placed by the IPL, it does not care what .img file is residing as long as it finds the object its looking for. Needless to say for custom objects you will have to add an IDE as well or just add the item to an existing IDE. Best to keep it in the IDE for the area where it will appear. Its also better to make new IPL files for objects. Adding them to existing IPL files can throw off the LOD targeting in the lines and cause models to not load high res/.col files.
Now, if you delete something from an existing IPL, and it has an LOD model associated with it, you will have to re-render the scene and then remove those as well. the game will probably crash during load other wise.
OK. Backups are always good.
...I will have to re-read this comment once I get around to putting SRT or PO in the mod (it will be a while).

Here are some of the pics I was talking about:

-Fox
Can't tell the changes :derp:. BTW nice ENB config! Which version of ENB is it for, and mind if I ask for it?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that with all my peds/cars/models/textures and project oblivion, my gta3.img is 3,685,856 in size!
:teaspit:
That will be the Absurd Mod Pack Edition of Touhou GTA then. :V
On the other hand, it seems that SRT3 Final Continue + Touhou mods (going by Squid's versions, ~1.3-1.5GB already) will fit.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:09:00 AM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #460 on: July 29, 2011, 02:23:29 AM »
Sure thing! You know the routine, backup any file your about to replace yadda yadda..... I have modded some of these dll's for stability and because Im working towards creating water reflection. Just copy past to your root folder. I have also included in that file the 'bikearmsfix' ASI. Im sure everyone has a version of it, but just in case, it stops the deforming of arms when riding bicycles. I have my in game brightness set to '2 bars down from full'.

Here is the linkedy: http://www.mediafire.com/?zeallq1mya9b755

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #461 on: July 29, 2011, 02:26:52 AM »
Sure thing! You know the routine, backup any file your about to replace yadda yadda..... I have modded some of these dll's for stability and because Im working towards creating water reflection. Just copy past to your root folder. I have also included in that file the 'bikearmsfix' ASI. Im sure everyone has a version of it, but just in case, it stops the deforming of arms when riding bicycles. I have my in game brightness set to '2 bars down from full'.

Here is the linkedy: http://www.mediafire.com/?zeallq1mya9b755

-Fox
Thanks! I'll put them on later when I have time to work on this.
I already have bikearmfix but it's not in the main branch yet. Fixing changelog.
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #462 on: July 29, 2011, 03:46:13 AM »
Hey I forgot to mention that the stream files included with my ENB are set to work with my modded dll's. They replace the limit adjuster and work flawlessly for me even WITH my oversized img file. It will NOT work next to SALA though. So its a one or the other thing with the stream memory fix. I can say though that I ditched SALA in exchange for this and a modified .EXE. There is a tool for adjusting the limits within the exe as apposed to an ASI. I can upload this tool if needed. Works the same as SALA but without the need for ANOTHER asi file. Keep in mind that the more ASI you run, the more ubstable your game will be as globals, variable, script and memory are all constantly being injected for the engine to decipher. Often bumping heads with each other. The biggest thing with my mod, besides the obvious Touhou angle, has been stability.

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #463 on: July 29, 2011, 04:01:47 AM »
Hey I forgot to mention that the stream files included with my ENB are set to work with my modded dll's. They replace the limit adjuster and work flawlessly for me even WITH my oversized img file. It will NOT work next to SALA though. So its a one or the other thing with the stream memory fix. I can say though that I ditched SALA in exchange for this and a modified .EXE. There is a tool for adjusting the limits within the exe as apposed to an ASI. I can upload this tool if needed. Works the same as SALA but without the need for ANOTHER asi file. Keep in mind that the more ASI you run, the more ubstable your game will be as globals, variable, script and memory are all constantly being injected for the engine to decipher. Often bumping heads with each other. The biggest thing with my mod, besides the obvious Touhou angle, has been stability.
I see.

Although the EXE mod tool sounds interesting, I have made it clear earlier that I won't be packing in a GTA: SA executable, modded or otherwise, for both legal and consistency reasons.
The best bets for now are StreamMemFix (which fails on my systems) or SALA, which works perfectly (along with AI limit boosting).

I'm somewhat focused on stability as well, but for the time it is more about getting the work done.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:05:56 AM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #464 on: July 29, 2011, 05:11:52 AM »
Agreed. I never share my exe for the same reasons. I do however share the tool to do what I have done with directions. My mod is in its second beta stage now as I have worked out stability problems. I have moved on to the creation and replacement of map sections now. Building islands, shrines, Touhou realated places etc. My biggest limitation now is that everything I am adding, I am having to build from scratch, texture, create LOD's for, create collision files, assign UID's and values, and set IDE/IPL configs. So its slow as hell right now. But anything I have/mod/create, I will share here. Also, so long as there arent to many at a time, I can do requests as well. Just keep in mind that as cool as an extra dimensional  library would be, its outside of the games rendering ability :P . Also, where I do know a lot about the ins and outs of GTA SA, I have by no means MASTERED much of it. I have been learning all of this as I go. If I don't know how to do something, I learn, practice, and then do it. But Im always happy to help out and to try.

-Fox

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #465 on: August 01, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »
Sorry for the double post but I have a couple of small but cool updates with files for download of course.

First is a small flat screen tv that I made and then gave a small 'movie clip' of the prismriver sisters getting down to 'what is love'. No audio because the game wont do that, but still easy to recognize and pretty neat little trick in my opinion. These TV's can be found in some safe houses as well as burglary mission houses. Maybe some other places too.

Second is the old drive in theater in fort carson (I think thats the name. Its right near area 69). I have animated the drive in screen there to show a 'run down' short loop of part of san andreas' intro video.   

Here's some pics:

And here are the download links:

Animated TV: http://www.mediafire.com/?wwvjbddjw074vec

Animated drive in: http://www.mediafire.com/?pzddg3lz8jfgjy2

Hope you all enjoy! I'll post more as I make it. The heat here is KILLER and its making me lazy!!

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #466 on: August 01, 2011, 10:32:01 PM »
Nice!

As for the Drive-in screen, I never knew there was one XD. However, I'll likely get it changed to Touhou-related stuff.
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #467 on: August 02, 2011, 05:49:32 PM »
Another little update. I was thinking about what you said with the drive in screen. So I decided to change it to an awesome clip of Remilia using a spell card instead. The image is clear on this one and the screen is larger. I was not going for the worn out  look with this one.

Here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/?s28r7lq547a6755

Let me know what you think. Also, I convinced the TXD tool to allow for images beyond the old max of 1024. The images for Remi are 2048 x 2048. Take that RWIII engine! lol

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #468 on: August 02, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »
Hehe, nice!

Also, I thought about the 'consistency' reasoning I have for this project, and thought that creating an HQ version will end up making more of a split. Since the primary mod for this will likely be SRT, and since having the same gta3.img may be important (especially for SAMP/MTA support), I'm trying to decide whether to put in SRT in the official version or ignore it entirely. I plan to test it with mine after 1.6 release.
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #469 on: August 03, 2011, 03:16:26 AM »
The biggest problem with SRT is that it changes a lot of the inner file structure names and causes problems with adding map mods or custom objects later on. I went through with the latest SRT and changed/renamed or reverted all of the inner file names to avoid this problem. The only problem with that is time consumption. In order to rename many texture files, the models had to be loaded in 3DS max and re-mapped. The models for trees houses etc. are exported containing texture map data that looks for a specific texture name within the TXD file. Changing these names will fix the modding problems, but then the model will not know what texture to load. So I spent about a month or so on the latest version importing, remapping, and re-exporting models of all types. I just used the default model and texture to see what it was origionaly called and then did that with the HQ ones. The other problem with SRT is that it pushes set limits within the EXE that cannot be changed via limit adjuster. This also causes problems with stability and further mod installation. Only way to fix that would be to research the EXE, get one of the VERY limited EXE adjusting tools, and use your newly gained knowledge to adjust it. I have tuts for helping people do this because I get tired of people asking me on other forums for a copy of my modded exe and then getting mad when I tell them that for legal reasons I wont share it.

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #470 on: August 03, 2011, 06:11:57 AM »
The biggest problem with SRT is that it changes a lot of the inner file structure names and causes problems with adding map mods or custom objects later on. I went through with the latest SRT and changed/renamed or reverted all of the inner file names to avoid this problem. The only problem with that is time consumption. In order to rename many texture files, the models had to be loaded in 3DS max and re-mapped. The models for trees houses etc. are exported containing texture map data that looks for a specific texture name within the TXD file. Changing these names will fix the modding problems, but then the model will not know what texture to load. So I spent about a month or so on the latest version importing, remapping, and re-exporting models of all types. I just used the default model and texture to see what it was origionaly called and then did that with the HQ ones.
Ugh! I might as well not put it in then...BTW this is SRT3 Final Continue v1.7 we're talking about, right? Not any other version?

The other problem with SRT is that it pushes set limits within the EXE that cannot be changed via limit adjuster. This also causes problems with stability and further mod installation. Only way to fix that would be to research the EXE, get one of the VERY limited EXE adjusting tools, and use your newly gained knowledge to adjust it. I have tuts for helping people do this because I get tired of people asking me on other forums for a copy of my modded exe and then getting mad when I tell them that for legal reasons I wont share it.
I see. This may be a problem.

EDIT: Upon looking at radio station plans, I MAY opt to put in the MIDI versions of ZUN's songs and maybe the PC-98 FM songs too. Don't worry about the former, I have hardware synths (4 of them to be exact, including ZUN's favourite, the SD-90) that will blow the shitty MSGS defaults out of the water.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:58:33 PM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #471 on: August 03, 2011, 10:33:55 PM »
Yes, the last SRT released in 2010 I believe. Last I spoke with the 3rd person to take it over since paroxom dropped it, he has no plans to do anything further with it. I also found out talking with some friends that worked on Project Oblivion that there is a likewise problem with it involving some texture, model, and unique id conflicts. ESPECIALLY when paired with SRT. PO 2010 CAN be made to work with SRT and future mods. But again, its that time consuming process that I went through to make it happen. Also on a side note, PO comes with a modded EXE. I did not use it because I prefer my own, but also because I dont want to dabble in the world of redistributed EXE's from Rockstar. Just a heads up on that if you where considering project reality 2010HQ.

Sounds awesome on the songs! Just make sure they are in .wav format or 'ol Sanny will act funny.

In other news (lol) I have been getting a TON of PM's on the GTA forum about some of my animated TV's and stuff and so I wrote a tutorial on it. I can post it if anyone is interested in learning to make animated textures, but I must warn everyone the tut is HUGE. I mean LOOOOONG.

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #472 on: August 03, 2011, 11:01:46 PM »
Yes, the last SRT released in 2010 I believe. Last I spoke with the 3rd person to take it over since paroxom dropped it, he has no plans to do anything further with it. I also found out talking with some friends that worked on Project Oblivion that there is a likewise problem with it involving some texture, model, and unique id conflicts. ESPECIALLY when paired with SRT. PO 2010 CAN be made to work with SRT and future mods. But again, its that time consuming process that I went through to make it happen. Also on a side note, PO comes with a modded EXE. I did not use it because I prefer my own, but also because I dont want to dabble in the world of redistributed EXE's from Rockstar. Just a heads up on that if you where considering project reality 2010HQ.
I am not adding support for Project Oblivion or Project Reality. They are too massive to be considered in IMO, and SRT3 FC is pushing that as well.
SRT3 Final Continue's final release is expected September. I may wait for that to release to add it in.

Sounds awesome on the songs! Just make sure they are in .wav format or 'ol Sanny will act funny.
I thought GTA: SA worked with OGGs for radio stations and WAVs for SFX?
I only am considering adding the MIDIs and FM because I planned on two stations being MIDI and chiptune renditions of Touhou songs, respectively, and I don't think there are that many.... (plus it gives me a random reason to toy with my four synths)

EDIT: I've started replacing the loading music with short loopable parts of ZUN-esque Touhou medleys made in Sonar and my SD-20 (the SD-90 hasn't come in yet) and compressed in Logic. Following your advice with Audacity and bitrate/samplerate/precise time here since the last time I tried sound mods it failed miserably with certain sounds.

In other news (lol) I have been getting a TON of PM's on the GTA forum about some of my animated TV's and stuff and so I wrote a tutorial on it. I can post it if anyone is interested in learning to make animated textures, but I must warn everyone the tut is HUGE. I mean LOOOOONG.
I see. Well, this is the wrong place for it I believe...we're just doing the compilation work for the most part. I think the GTA modding forums are a better place to post.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:52:40 AM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #473 on: August 04, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »
I will double check on the radio sound format, but I'm pretty sure that all files contained in the SFX group are in wav because of the way the lookup file works.

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #474 on: August 04, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »
I will double check on the radio sound format, but I'm pretty sure that all files contained in the SFX group are in wav because of the way the lookup file works.

-Fox
SFX files are in WAV as you said, and SAAT uses OGGs for streams.

EDIT: Radio modding will take a HELL of a lot longer if I intend to fill it in all the way (which I do - not just songs, mind, but also replacing the weather forecasts and whatnot to make a total replacement). Conversely, it can also be used to stick in even more songs without adding additional entities, but I don't know how the game will hold up in that regard. Testing by replacing the radio chatter in one of the radio stations (namely, Master Sounds FM, which the current mod, as well as my planned mod, use for orchestral music).

EDIT2: I finally figured out how the OGG files in the radio streams work - a few radio things, and then afterwards middle of song, 1-3 intros, and 1-3 outros chosen by random. This may present the possibility of adding new songs too in an easy fashion, as well as new DJs (all have computer voices from Mac and Windows because typing out their things is enough work IMO for them - THEN it's on to getting all the freaking music).

I realized Squidtentacle blanked out the intro-outro-miscellany OGGs, which explains why the radio in-game has a hard time resetting. Plus some songs were in areas where there was supposed to be intro/outro data.

The stations have a few plot-line event reports, however....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:49:21 AM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #475 on: August 06, 2011, 02:59:39 PM »
An interesting thing about the radio is that it uses condition checks that affect how it operates. Besides the obvious checks for time of day, the radio also has condition checks based on completion of game percentage, last mission completion group, and 'approach cycle' weather conditions being reported to it by the engines handler for the TimeCYC.dat. The radios ability to forcast weather also changes depending on what area you are in while listening to it. This is further affected by the weather affecting CULL zones in the map data. Its kind of neat how much thought they actually put into just the radio!

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #476 on: August 06, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »
An interesting thing about the radio is that it uses condition checks that affect how it operates. Besides the obvious checks for time of day, the radio also has condition checks based on completion of game percentage, last mission completion group, and 'approach cycle' weather conditions being reported to it by the engines handler for the TimeCYC.dat. The radios ability to forcast weather also changes depending on what area you are in while listening to it. This is further affected by the weather affecting CULL zones in the map data. Its kind of neat how much thought they actually put into just the radio!

-Fox
Sure is! While replacing the DJ sounds, I've noticed quite a few of these checks already, such as the area opening up reports, plotline events, area conditions (eg. the Area 69 lights), and of course weather/time. Trying to take them into account when writing the lines.
They could have put in sandstorm warnings though if weather locations were taken to account though.

But the radio is actually quite neat in GTA: SA and GTA IV, indeed. Though I liked how Squid's version put in all the Touhou songs, it was also a bit too dead IMO with the reliance on single circles and no replacement DJs.

Assuming I don't carry myself away with radio, hardware synth fun, and some forum challenge, then I should have 1.6 out by end of next week...
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2011, 03:04:05 AM »
Sounds awesome on 1.6! Also, music editing on the game IS addictive lol. Maybe you can use some of these things. I have a little update! Scarlet Devil mansion version 2, Koakuma the stripper version 2 and Samsung flat screen TV's to replace the ones seen in the sex shops and dance clubs. They have Youmu with cat ears/tail doing a dance. The mansion still have a damn invisible wall that wont go away. Im currently working with Steve-m, the creator of Col editor II, to find out why only this model has that issue. On the brighter side though, the mansion now features better day vs night vert color, the proper roof (starting on iron rails now), and active night illumination in certain areas. Koakuma was redone because i didn't like the way the last one came out and I forgot to give it proper radiosity render before export the last time. I also thought the rigging was substandard compared to my usual work. She was an early one, so I made a new one naturally lol.

Heres some pics:

And the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?umfbhgmhkijs6qb

Hope you can make use of some of them,

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #478 on: August 07, 2011, 03:27:33 AM »
Sounds awesome on 1.6! Also, music editing on the game IS addictive lol.
Note on 1.6 - no radio changes will be included in there given how long writing the lines and getting/converting/editing the songs will take.
I'll try to get a version out for 1.7 that keeps to the max songs in stock game, but have a off-shoot for testing more than that.
Also, as for radio station filesizes...ugh, 1GB per station (original plan) is far too much :V. ~512MB/stream file is what I'm aiming for, even if it may hurt a bit for downloaders (~5.5GB total for music alone if all 11 stations are that size - but we don't have to pack several 1-1.5GB gta3.img files either, so ::)). By comparison, Squid's version has ~115-225MB stream files.
As for OGG quality, the game doesn't seem to have much on them other than stereo (not a problem) so I'd say maybe 48kHz 16-bit 256kbps VBR encoding will more than suffice and shouldn't be a problem for the game. Though my settings would be 192kHz 32-bit 320+kbps CBR, it'd take far too much space. :V

Maybe you can use some of these things. I have a little update! Scarlet Devil mansion version 2, Koakuma the stripper version 2 and Samsung flat screen TV's to replace the ones seen in the sex shops and dance clubs. They have Youmu with cat ears/tail doing a dance. The mansion still have a damn invisible wall that wont go away. Im currently working with Steve-m, the creator of Col editor II, to find out why only this model has that issue. On the brighter side though, the mansion now features better day vs night vert color, the proper roof (starting on iron rails now), and active night illumination in certain areas. Koakuma was redone because i didn't like the way the last one came out and I forgot to give it proper radiosity render before export the last time. I also thought the rigging was substandard compared to my usual work. She was an early one, so I made a new one naturally lol.

Heres some pics:

Hope you can make use of some of them,
I approve of all three, especially stripper Koakuma who I may opt to put in to replace a few of the 'stripper' models (one-piece Reimu doesn't fit, and the other one I thought of putting in was a near-nude Ran).

I will put in the SDM once it's finished. And given the effort SRT will take I decided that maybe I won't put it in. I don't like many of the in-game textures, but they'll do.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:01:35 AM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #479 on: August 07, 2011, 01:12:36 PM »
Right on! Feel free to use anything I have submitted. If you dont want to bother with all of the problems with SRT I dont blame you. Half the reason I have gone through all the trouble is something to do while waiting on knee reconstructive surgery. If there are in-game textures you absolutely do not like or have a touhou related idea for, just get me a pic of the building/object with directions on what you want and I can do it for just that item as apposed to a total texture overhaul.

-Fox