Author Topic: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 57179 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:42:16 AM »

>You are Iku Nagae, Gensokyo's premier messenger and dancer, and the sky has fallen!
>Related to this, you have had a terrible, no good, awful, very bad day yesterday, and will probably have another one today...
>You do not know how, or why, but Bhava-Arga has fallen from the sky and now hovers scant yards over the surface of Gensokyo. This has caused numerous problems. On top of this, Tenshi has run off after stealing the Sword of Hisou. This has made her a primary suspect in the eyes of many. including yourself at one point.
>You are an oarfish youkai in service to the Dragon Palace. As a resident of Bhava-Agra, you bear a status similar to that of a Celestial, and are considered a minor functionary in the Celestial Bureaucracy that makes certain the known universe runs as it should, with all the rights privileges, and duties that come with this position. You are in the service of The Dragon, who reigns quietly as the highest god of this realm, and is among the highest beings in the universe. It regards you well, and you think of it as a guardian.
>While your duties and position suggest your place is in Bhava-Agra, you have a tendency to roam to other places. You somewhat blame this on Tenshi Hinanai, whom you have unfortunately been charged with keeping out of significant trouble, and her tendency to visit Gensokyo whenever possible. You are well-know for your love of dance, and excellence in performing it; oftentimes you've been asked to star in performances given at the Dragon Palace. Others have styled you the Dance Empress, particularly those who would try to claim that title for themselves. You are, as far as you know, well regarded by everyone you know and are welcome practically anywhere in Gensokyo, save perhaps for Higan. The only real black spot in your days is periodically having to deal with Tenshi's chicanery.
>You have been tasked by The Dragon in dealing with this incident. You have taken some stock of the damage surrounding the fall. You have found that Bhava-Agra's food supply has been badly affected by these events; you defeated a tsuchinoko on Minoirko's behalf in hopes of alleviating this. You have delivered messages for Patchouli. You have had bad run ins with Marisa and Reimu; and nearly had one with Sanae. You have found Tenshi hiding in the Ancient City, became convinced of her innocence, convinced her to join you, and have had several spats with her. You've done your best to bond with Tenshi, and you think you've made some progress in that regard. You've been hearing a lot about a search for some thing called the Brocken Spectre. You found and rescued Yamame, who was captured by faeries. You've been given a hit list by Yuugi. You've released Aya from prison after a rather confused encounter. You've discovered that the islands of Bhava-Agra do not cast proper shadows; nor does Nitori, who is now practically dead to the world. You've found Kogasa has had her shadow stolen very recently. Yukari has loaned you a very important tool. You have learned of a mysterious poltergeist roaming the Forest of Magic, and have deduced that she is both the shadow thief and the Brocken Spectre. You've beaten the Brocken Spectre in combat, then got exilled away to what you believed was the missing shadow of Bhava-Agra. You managed to escape there and end up in Makai, from which you have escaped after several misadventures. You may have convinced Reimu not to come after you!
>You are presently engaged in some rather angry negotiations with the poltergeist born of the Brocken Spectre hunt. Angry on her part, at least.

> "Is it not acceptable for her to merely remain at my side? I rather enjoy the company of my friend, and if you're still worried about an assault, at the very least, you would not be surrounded."

>"...Go stand beside her," says the Poltergeist after pausing for a moment.

>_

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:33:41 AM by It's Knot Purvis! »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 03:44:54 AM »
> "I am willing to do this, but you realize you would have to turn your back to us to retrieve your book, correct? Or risk stepping on it as you blindly walk backward. If you are okay with this, then I will move."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 03:58:12 AM »
> "I am willing to do this, but you realize you would have to turn your back to us to retrieve your book, correct? Or risk stepping on it as you blindly walk backward. If you are okay with this, then I will move."

>The look she gives you suggests she has already considered this, or is far too fed up with you to consider it further.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 04:04:32 AM »
> Shrug.
> "Just making sure."
> Walk toward the poltergeist, aiming for the side of her tree shadow that the book is not on. Visually assess the ground near Tenshi on this same side.
> Move parallel to her tree shadow, staying about a yard's distance from it at all times. Keep an eye on the poltergeist while we do this.
> Once we are in line with the poltergeist (such that a line connecting her and us would run perpendicular to our shadows), turn around and walk backwards, avoiding what roots and other tripping things we remember are on the ground in the area, until we are in line with Tenshi. Again, keep an eye on the poltergeist while we do this.
> If the poltergeist makes a sudden move toward us or our, be prepared to jump back away from her.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 04:11:07 AM »
> Shrug.
> "Just making sure."
> Walk toward the poltergeist, aiming for the side of her tree shadow that the book is not on. Visually assess the ground near Tenshi on this same side.
> Move parallel to her tree shadow, staying about a yard's distance from it at all times. Keep an eye on the poltergeist while we do this.
> Once we are in line with the poltergeist (such that a line connecting her and us would run perpendicular to our shadows), turn around and walk backwards, avoiding what roots and other tripping things we remember are on the ground in the area, until we are in line with Tenshi. Again, keep an eye on the poltergeist while we do this.
> If the poltergeist makes a sudden move toward us or our, be prepared to jump back away from her.

>You start to move toward the side opposite of the book.
>"Other side," says the poltergeist.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 04:16:19 AM »
> Do a visual inspection of the ground on either side of her tree shadow. Does there appear to be any appreciable difference, other than the book?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 04:17:51 AM »
> Do a visual inspection of the ground on either side of her tree shadow. Does there appear to be any appreciable difference, other than the book?

>None that you can see.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 04:20:17 AM »
> And no appreciable difference in the trees or the shadows?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 04:25:22 AM »
> And no appreciable difference in the trees or the shadows?

>Looking at the shadows, it would put you closer to the tree line, and thus to the shadows of such. However, you are already standing in those.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 04:30:21 AM »
> Look at the poltergeist with a confused expression on our face, then drop it and shrug.
> "And here I thought you'd want me further away from your book."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 04:33:42 AM »
> Look at the poltergeist with a confused expression on our face, then drop it and shrug.
> "And here I thought you'd want me further away from your book."

>"Do it," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 04:38:51 AM »
> "Okay, okay."
> Keep on charging. If we stopped, resume it.
> Move toward the poltergeist on the side of her shadow where the book does reside. Visually assess the ground near Tenshi on this same side.
> Move parallel to her tree shadow, staying about a yard's distance from it at all times. Keep an eye on the poltergeist while we do this. Do NOT step on the book.
> If the poltergeist makes a sudden move toward us or our shadow, be prepared to jump back away from her.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 04:43:01 AM by Kilgamayan »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 04:45:49 AM »
Draco, I suspect we're going to reach the question soon enough, barring unforeseen poltergeist chicanery. If you're around, be watchful. If not, THIS IS WHY THAT THING YOU DON'T HAVE WOULD BE USEFUL :D

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 04:54:33 AM »
> "Okay, okay."
> Keep on charging. If we stopped, resume it.
> Move toward the poltergeist on the side of her shadow where the book does reside. Visually assess the ground near Tenshi on this same side.
> Move parallel to her tree shadow, staying about a yard's distance from it at all times. Keep an eye on the poltergeist while we do this. Do NOT step on the book.

>You move over to the other side and stand near Tenshi, making sure not to turn your back on the poltergeist or touch the book.
>She watches as you pass her; then turns around to keep facing you. Tenshi jerks a little bit as the poltergeist adjusts her footing on her shadow, but doesn't seem to be hurt so much as inconvenienced and annoyed. Once you are beside Tenshi, the poltergeist moves, practically swooping down on the book. In the process, she walks on your shadow and it feels like you just got punched in the gut!
>Tenshi moves her arms again, and rubs them. "You okay?" she asks.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 04:57:20 AM »
> Is the poltergeist still standing on our shadow?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 05:08:05 AM »
> Is the poltergeist still standing on our shadow?

>Yes, it feels like she has pinned your arms down.
>The Poltergeist flips through the book.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 05:10:50 AM »
> Can we move our hands at all, at least?
> If not, where are they pointed?
> Try to manage a small smile to Tenshi.
> "Yeah. I suppose I should have seen that one coming."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 05:28:00 AM »
> Can we move our hands at all, at least?
> If not, where are they pointed?
> Try to manage a small smile to Tenshi.
> "Yeah. I suppose I should have seen that one coming."

>You can move your hands.
>"So, what do you want me to do now?" Tenshi asks.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 05:31:55 AM »
> Can we fire bolts with our hands at our sides, or do those require them being in front of us?
> Watch the Poltergeist while talking to Tenshi.
> "Wait her out. She's done nothing truly aggressive to me yet. I imagine this is just an insurance policy."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 05:50:06 AM »
> Can we fire bolts with our hands at our sides, or do those require them being in front of us?
> Watch the Poltergeist while talking to Tenshi.
> "Wait her out. She's done nothing truly aggressive to me yet. I imagine this is just an insurance policy."

>You can, but you think they might take some loss of power. And almost certainly of accuracy.
>You watch the poltergeist. She is flipping through the book, her brow furrowed.
>Tenshi nods. "Okay. I thought maybe you'd want me to leave so I don't strangle her. Because I want to."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 05:55:49 AM »
> Does the poltergeist appear more angry, confused or worried?
> "I know you do. And when I thanked you, I meant it. But there's no need for violence here. She doesn't act out of malice, she acts out of desperation."
> Frown.
> "If you want to strangle someone, save the feeling for someone that deserves it, like that muscle-bound moron. Or...save it for me, for taking so long to get you free."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 06:17:34 AM »
> Does the poltergeist appear more angry, confused or worried?
> "I know you do. And when I thanked you, I meant it. But there's no need for violence here. She doesn't act out of malice, she acts out of desperation."
> Frown.
> "If you want to strangle someone, save the feeling for someone that deserves it, like that muscle-bound moron. Or...save it for me, for taking so long to get you free."

>You can't tell what she's thinking. Maybe more frustrated? Maybe all of the above?
>"Just don't expect me to hold back every time," says Tenshi.

>_

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 06:20:06 AM »
>"Just hold back on those times that it really matters, and I think we'll do ok."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 06:23:05 AM »
> "And like I said, remember Marisa. She beat you up out of mindlessness and prejudice. She deserves your anger more than this girl does."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 06:26:06 AM »
>"Just hold back on those times that it really matters, and I think we'll do ok."

>"Yeah but they all probably matter when you say it like that," says Tenshi.

> "And like I said, remember Marisa. She beat you up out of mindlessness and prejudice. She deserves your anger more than this girl does."

>"Oh, she's going to get hers, as soon as I can think of a good way to do it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 06:29:06 AM »
> Give a small chuckle.
> "We do still have the thing from Aya, if you're so inclined."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 06:49:12 AM »
> Give a small chuckle.
> "We do still have the thing from Aya, if you're so inclined."

>"What thing?" she asks.
>You note the Poltergeist seems to be flipping back and forth through the book now, seeming increasingly agitated.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 06:50:42 AM »
> Look at Tenshi and nod our head toward the Poltergeist.
> "Later."
> Turn to the Poltergeist.
> "Is something wrong?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 06:57:41 AM »
> Look at Tenshi and nod our head toward the Poltergeist.
> "Later."
> Turn to the Poltergeist.
> "Is something wrong?"

>"Right, right," says Tenshi.
>You inquire to the Poltergeist. "Stop watching me!" she says, not looking back.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 07:04:32 AM »
> "Oh. Sorry."
> Look back mostly toward Tenshi, but angle ourselves so that we can still see the Poltergeist out of the side of our eye.
> "Anyway, Tenshi, I meant her camera, but not for those reasons. I've been thinking about what happened in there, and something has been bothering me. Something other than the obvious, of course."