Author Topic: Iku Quest Sechs - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 56692 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Iku Quest Sechs - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: December 15, 2010, 05:23:32 AM »
>You are Iku Nagae, Gensokyo's premier messenger and dancer, and the sky has fallen!
>You do not know how, or why, but Bhava-Arga has fallen from the sky and now hovers scant yards over the surface of Gensokyo. This has caused numerous problems. On top of this, Tenshi has run off after stealing the Sword of Hisou. This has made her a primary suspect in the eyes of many. including yourself at one point.
>You are an oarfish youkai in service to the Dragon Palace. As a resident of Bhava-Agra, you bear a status similar to that of a Celestial, and are considered a minor functionary in the Celestial Bureaucracy that makes certain the known universe runs as it should, with all the rights privileges, and duties that come with this position. You are in the service of The Dragon, who reigns quietly as the highest god of this realm, and is among the highest beings in the universe. It regards you well, and you think of it as a guardian.
>While your duties and position suggest your place is in Bhava-Agra, you have a tendency to roam to other places. You somewhat blame this on Tenshi Hinanai, whom you have unfortunately been charged with keeping out of significant trouble, and her tendency to visit Gensokyo whenever possible. You are well-know for your love of dance, and excellence in performing it; oftentimes you've been asked to star in performances given at the Dragon Palace. Others have styled you the Dance Empress, particularly those who would try to claim that title for themselves. You are, as far as you know, well regarded by everyone you know and are welcome practically anywhere in Gensokyo, save perhaps for Higan. The only real black spot in your days is periodically having to deal with Tenshi's chicanery.
>You have been tasked by The Dragon in dealing with this incident. You have taken some stock of the damage surrounding the fall. You have found that Bhava-Agra's food supply has been badly affected by these events; you defeated a tsuchinoko on Minoirko's behalf in hopes of alleviating this. You have delivered messages for Patchouli. You have had bad run ins with Marisa and Reimu; and nearly had one with Sanae. You have found Tenshi hiding in the Ancient City, became convinced of her innocence, convinced her to join you, and have had several spats with her. You've done your best to bond with Tenshi, and you think you've made some progress in that regard. You've been hearing a lot about a search for some thing called the Brocken Spectre. You found and rescued Yamame, who was captured by faeries. You've been given a hit list by Yuugi. You've released Aya from prison after a rather confused encounter. You've discovered that the islands of Bhava-Agra do not cast proper shadows; nor does Nitori, who is now practically dead to the world. You've found Kogasa has had her shadow stolen very recently. Yukari has loaned you a very important tool. You have learned of a mysterious poltergeist roaming the Forest of Magic, and have deduced that she is both the shadow thief and the Brocken Spectre. You've beaten the Brocken Spectre in combat, then got exilled away to what you believed was the missing shadow of Bhava-Agra. You managed to escape there and end up in Makai, and have had several misadventures.

>"Not married, no, but she's in good health, and she was certainly quite energetic and cheerful when I saw her this morning."
>"I guess you don't really get the chance to see her, do you? With Shinki barring travel to Gensokyo?"

>"Oh, well I'm sure she's just biding her time," says the woman, making little gestures with her hands. "It's so good to hear she's okay, I only get letters every so often. I do try to get someone there to summon me, but you know how those Magician sorts are. Always so calculating..."

Re: Iku Quest Sechs - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 05:25:46 AM »
>"Yes, I know what you mean."
>"I could deliver something to her, if you'd like. That's where I'm headed now, in fact."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 05:26:19 AM »
> Sechs? Aren't we above such temptations as a Bhavagran? And it's not like Tenshi would agree.
> ...would she?
> ...no, she probably wouldn't.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 05:42:13 AM »
> Sechs? Aren't we above such temptations as a Bhavagran? And it's not like Tenshi would agree.
> ...would she?
> ...no, she probably wouldn't.

>Look at you, a pathetic creature of meat and bone...

>"Yes, I know what you mean."
>"I could deliver something to her, if you'd like. That's where I'm headed now, in fact."

>"Oh, that would be so nice of you," says the woman, smiling and her wings twitching. "But, I don't have much to offer you. I have to split all my tolls with that stupid catfish in the river. I suppose if you wanted to stay the nice, and get out of those muddy clothes, I could certainly make room for you..."

>_
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:45:10 AM by It's Knot Purvis! »

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:52:20 AM »
>Smile
>"I appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid I really have no time to tarry. No matter how pleasant the company. Lives are in danger the longer it takes me to return to Gensokyo, and I do not say that lightly."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 06:00:48 AM »
>Smile
>"I appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid I really have no time to tarry. No matter how pleasant the company. Lives are in danger the longer it takes me to return to Gensokyo, and I do not say that lightly."

>You smile and politely defer. "Oh," she says. "It's just, it'll take me some time to write a proper letter."

>_

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 06:03:08 AM »
>"I suppose I can stop for a short while, but I still must be gone today, I'm afraid. I don't mean to rush you, but matters are quite serious in Gensokyo, now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 06:11:36 AM »
>"I suppose I can stop for a short while, but I still must be gone today, I'm afraid. I don't mean to rush you, but matters are quite serious in Gensokyo, now."

>"Well piss," she says, "I guess you better just go, then. No point in trying to rush it and hold things off."

>_

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 06:20:55 AM »
>"Oh, I- I didn't mean to offer and then make circumstances such that you can't even accept. That's just unnecessarily cruel of me."
>"You said that you sometimes get a chance to see her if a magician summons you. Can I assume that Patchouli is capable of this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 06:29:45 AM »
>"Oh, I- I didn't mean to offer and then make circumstances such that you can't even accept. That's just unnecessarily cruel of me."
>"You said that you sometimes get a chance to see her if a magician summons you. Can I assume that Patchouli is capable of this?"

>She waves off your apology. "She could, but won't. She already has my Petite as a familiar. Typically it's when Petite has some time off, you know?"

>_

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 06:31:24 AM »
>"So, she can come back then? I thought entering Makai was as difficult as leaving it? Or can Patchouli just send her back temporarily and recall her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 06:34:34 AM »
>"So, she can come back then? I thought entering Makai was as difficult as leaving it? Or can Patchouli just send her back temporarily and recall her?"

>"Familiars are special, yes," says the devil. "The contract does let them come and go; why do you think anyone gets involved with it?"

>_

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 06:37:15 AM »
>"I am not familiar with summoning magic, I'm afraid. Or Makai itself, for that matter. I'm told Shinki has forbidden any of her subjects from leaving, and I know that people from Gensokyo generally do not or cannot come here. But beyond that, my knowledge of passage between the realms is very limited."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 02:35:49 PM »
>"I am not familiar with summoning magic, I'm afraid. Or Makai itself, for that matter. I'm told Shinki has forbidden any of her subjects from leaving, and I know that people from Gensokyo generally do not or cannot come here. But beyond that, my knowledge of passage between the realms is very limited."

>"Well, you've pretty much summed it up," she says. "Contacts are how people who want to get out get out. But that involves tricking a magician into doing it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 04:40:35 PM »
> "Hmm. Are you familiar with cameras and what they do? The last person I talked to about them wasn't."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 05:00:12 PM »
> "Hmm. Are you familiar with cameras and what they do? The last person I talked to about them wasn't."

>She shakes her head.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 05:06:35 PM »
> Pull out Aya's Camera and the picture of Yumeko's goats.
> "It is a device that allows the user to create a still image of whatever the camera is pointed it. The terminology involved is to 'take a picture'. The images are kind of like paintings, but much faster, much more realistic, and much smaller."
> Show the woman the picture of Yumeko's goats.
> "This is a picture I took of some goats I passed by a little while ago. You can see for yourself how realistic the end product is."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 05:38:30 PM »
> Pull out Aya's Camera and the picture of Yumeko's goats.
> "It is a device that allows the user to create a still image of whatever the camera is pointed it. The terminology involved is to 'take a picture'. The images are kind of like paintings, but much faster, much more realistic, and much smaller."
> Show the woman the picture of Yumeko's goats.
> "This is a picture I took of some goats I passed by a little while ago. You can see for yourself how realistic the end product is."

>You remove Aya's Camera and the Picture of Makai Landscape with Goats from your bag, doing what you can to keep them dry, then show the latter to the devil.
>"Oh, that is simply amazing!" says the devil, goggling at the picture.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »
> Smile and nod.
> "It is quite impressive, yes. My thinking is that I can take a picture of you and deliver that to Petite. While it is true that she already knows what you look like, I imagine it would be nice to be able to see you every day, even if only in this still image form. Would this be acceptable?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »
> Smile and nod.
> "It is quite impressive, yes. My thinking is that I can take a picture of you and deliver that to Petite. While it is true that she already knows what you look like, I imagine it would be nice to be able to see you every day, even if only in this still image form. Would this be acceptable?"

>"Is it expensive?" she asks. "I don't have much to share, but if you would like to come in for a little while, I'd be happy to give you everything I can..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 06:28:22 PM »
> "It is not expensive, no, nor is it time-consuming. In fact, I could do it right now, if you like."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
> "It is not expensive, no, nor is it time-consuming. In fact, I could do it right now, if you like."

>She nods, biting her lip a bit. "Will it hurt?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 06:48:47 PM »
> Shake head.
> "It hasn't yet. There is a small flash of light that you'll need to be prepared for, but it's not that bad, and otherwise all you have to do is stand there."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:58:55 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 07:01:10 PM »
> Shake head.
> "It hasn't yet. There is a small flash of light that you'll need to be prepared for, but it's not that bad, and otherwise all you have to do is stand there."

>"Then just tell me what to do!" she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »
> Is there enough ground available so that, were Petite's mom standing in front of her house door, we could stand and take a picture of her without dunking ourselves into the river, or would we have to hover to take that picture?
> "Sure. Before we begin, though, is there anyone else you'd like in this picture? I can't be in it since I'm taking it, but perhaps someone else from Makai? Maybe that piranha woman you mentioned earlier? Or would you like to be in the picture by yourself, since it's for Petite?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 07:41:37 PM »
> Is there enough ground available so that, were Petite's mom standing in front of her house door, we could stand and take a picture of her without dunking ourselves into the river, or would we have to hover to take that picture?
> "Sure. Before we begin, though, is there anyone else you'd like in this picture? I can't be in it since I'm taking it, but perhaps someone else from Makai? Maybe that piranha woman you mentioned earlier? Or would you like to be in the picture by yourself, since it's for Petite?

>The house door is opposite of the river, so you should be fine. Hopefully rain won't be a problem.
>"Oh that minnow can go choke on a meatball-shaped rock," says the devil. "This is fine."
>"I heard that!" comes a voice from the river.
>"Good!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 07:44:43 PM »
> Is there any immediate cover from the house, such as an awning?
> Put the picture of the Makai landscape away.
> "All right then. In that case, why don't you stand in front of the door to your house?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »
Heading out for a few hours, though Wacko plans on showing up. Current plan for picture is to have Koakumom stand in front of her doorway and pose like she's waving while taking the picture from slightly above, slightly angled down, so hopefully rain does not splash onto the lens while the picture is being taken.

If there's immediate shelter provided by the house (such as a small roof over the door), get under it and turn the camera on there. No sense in taking the water damage risk.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 08:27:30 PM »
> Is there any immediate cover from the house, such as an awning?
> Put the picture of the Makai landscape away.
> "All right then. In that case, why don't you stand in front of the door to your house?"

>There really isn't any cover, save the brim of your hat.
>The devil nods, and does so.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »
> Mentally sigh. Hopefully Aya's camera is okay.
> Turn Aya's camera on.
> Float over to a spot a good distance away from the devil such that she and her door would appear entirely within a picture. Float up a littte bit as well, so we're angled slightly down.
> If there are any water droplets on the lens, keep a very firm hold of the camera with one hand and wipe them off with the other.
> "Okay, now pose still with your hand in the air as if you were waving to me!"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.