Author Topic: NLTM Tries This "Writing" Thing For the First Time: "The Journal"  (Read 3358 times)

NLTM

• Fuck You Marisa
  • I mean, Fuck.
(AKA "Tear me a new one and pick apart my shitty writing"  :V)

"Hey Reimu, lookit this!"

Marisa came running into the shrine, a grin on her face. Reimu turned around, calmly sipping tea. "What is it, Marisa?"

"Look what I found in the forest" The magician holds up a slightly torn book that's obviously been through a lot, "It's a diary or something."

"Reading someone else's diary? Really?"

"Keep in mind exactly who you're talking to."

"This is true..." Reimu pauses for a few seconds, idly sipping tea, "Welp, open it up."

"Haha!" Marisa sits down and gets in a comfortable position. "Alright, this is the first page..."

~----------~

Look at this journal I picked up! We had a huge harvest last year, and I -still- had money from the sweet potato sale, so I decided to pick this up. I've always considered myself a writer. My sister doesn't think so though...

I should probably hide this book from her.

~----------~

Shizuha is getting real stressed out lately. I don't know why either. Is it because Fall is coming soon? It's only at the end of Spring, she has a whole season to prepare... Should I be getting ready for the harvest now too? It's so early...

~----------~

I asked her why she seems so tense. It was what I thought, she thinks she doesn't have enough time to prepare for Fall. I told her she had plenty of time but she went on a large tangent about how "There's never enough time!" and "It's never too early to get ready!"

I don't get her sometimes.

~----------~

We had another argument today about Fall and the harvest. She said I didn't understand because I was younger. Does age really have a place amongst gods? Then again, I guess it does, given how often she herself acts childish.

~----------~

I decided to appease my sister and told her I'd get ready for the harvest "as soon as possible". Of course, she replied that "As soon as possible" was weeks ago, and I'll be behind schedule...

She's never been like this before, so strict...

~----------~

Wait, I think I know why she's been like this... Last year, Fall came late and I constantly reminded her that she wasn't doing her job correctly... we ended up getting into a large fight. I guess now she doesn't want another...

I should apologize... I never did.

~----------~

I talked to Shizuha today about last year. I apologized, but she just told me to leave. I did. I think she can sort this on her own now...

Actually, I'm walking through the forest and writing right now. If Fall does come very early like she wants, I won't be able to see such lush greens of the trees again before they change into orange and brown, and eventually die. Each color and season shares its beauty in different ways however and I gue

"The writing trails off there..." Marisa says, stretching her legs and clearing her throat.

"Oh geez, what do you think happened?" Reimu asks, leaning forward more, her tea becoming cold. Marisa chuckles and turns the page, "We're about to find out."

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE FUTURE (Tomorrow)

(This is my first writing attempt as well, please criticize!)

EDIT: I spel gud
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:21:49 AM by NLTM »

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
Re: NLTM Tries This "Writing" Thing For the First Time: "The Journal"
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 07:48:50 AM »
 :ohdear: Shizuha and Minoriko are fighting?

well, it looks good to me, man. nice work, so keep it up!

NLTM

• Fuck You Marisa
  • I mean, Fuck.
Re: NLTM Tries This "Writing" Thing For the First Time: "The Journal"
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »
<---------->

Haha! I really surprised someone that time! It was priceless the way she screamed and fell over too!

She dropped this book as well, I guess it's mine now!

<---------->

"Woah, wait a minute," Marisa flipped to the previous page, "The handwriting's different." She places the book on the ground and turns it toward Reimu.

"You're right..." Reimu folded the page back and compared the two, "This new one is a lot messier, I can barely read it... Still better than yours th-"

Marisa snatched the book back and grinned, rolling her eyes, retaliating with a sarcastic "Oh ho ho". She continues reading.

<---------->

I was flying around today and found a huge village full of humans! So many of them in one place, I'm going there tomorrow to see if I can surprise anyone there. I'm bound to with so many around, aren't I? I'm so excited!

<---------->

The human village wasn't that fun... I was sneaking around the streets when I was attacked by someone. She had white hair with streaks of blue, and she chased me off... She's mean...

<----------->

I tried to go to the human village again today. That girl was back again too. We fought some more and thought I almost won... But I didn't. She told me to get out of the village so I did. I'll win tomorrow though.

<---------->

I woke up really early this morning and went back. I didn't think she'd be awake so early... But she was. She came running out of the schoolhouse. What was she doing in there? I heard yelling... I ran out before I could be beat up again. She yelled at me to not come back because there was a full moon tomorrow...

Well what does that change?

<---------->

Wait maybe she's trying to trick me or something... She's telling me not to go back because... Her powers go away when there's a full moon out? I think that's what it means! I'm gonna win this time!

<---------->